Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Email to sun today.

Dear Matthew,

I have been noticing in your recent articles,that you mention the sexual abuse scandal ,which took place historically at glasgow celtic fc over the past 40-50 years,with sexual abuse crimes committed both here in scotland ,other parts of the uk and abroad in america and allegedly throughout europe.
However,i can't help but notice and form the opinion,that your being a bit "lazy" in your work,as in ,it seems you are perhaps cutting and pasting from other articles in other papers, such as Marc Hornes articles in the times?.
What i would like to see from you as a journalist,would be to thoroughly investigate this outrageous,historic sexual abuse at this particular club and expose the real truths and secrets behind the convicted criminals to date,along with the reasons why it was covered up for all these years by various board members,who have admitted to being told of the abuse,but did nothing about it,deciding instead to keep it secret and in house...failing to report a crime is a crime,it could be construed as perverting the course of justice and ultimately placed vulnerable youths at risk to these paedophiles that were allowed to comit their depraved acts ,in their guise as celtic fc /celtic boys club employees,some offenders actually being re-employed to carry on their depravity.....WHY?
Have you investigated the links to the abuse of a youth player in america and the subsequent cover ups by the celtic board,in particular Jack McGinn ,who has admitted being told and kept it secret?.
Have you investigated the status of the ongoing case submitted to kearny police dept/hudson county sheriffs dept and what cases the american lawyers have lined up?.
As a responsible journalist,it is in the publics interest for you to earn your money and investigate this club and report the facts to all,you may even get journalist of the year for your efforts.

They will be exposed in time but you could help...do you want to help?,or would you rather be like the rest of the celtic board,the SNP and police and turn a blind eye and hope it goes away?.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards
Outstanding Tommy, well done mate, that's an excellent piece of work. I wonder if the links you have given plus hopefully the embarrassment he should feel will propel him into doing some proper reporting.

In criminology, corporate crime refers to crimes committed either by a corporation (i.e., a business entity having a separate legal personality from the natural persons that manage its activities), or by individuals acting on behalf of a corporation or other business entity (see vicarious liability and corporate liability). For the worst corporate crimes, corporations may face judicial dissolution, sometimes called the "corporate death penalty", which is a legal procedure in which a corporation is forced to dissolve or cease to exist.

I mentioned it previously, but I heard a rumour that Thompson’s have advised their clients not to speak to the authorities in case they jeopardise potential pay-offs. No idea how true it is, but if it is right, the solicitor acting for the survivors might be the one that ensures the full scale of this does not come out. As I said, if true.

If I assume the rumour has substance, it would still not prevent survivors going public after cases are settled. I would most certainly hope that Thompson's would not allow a settlement that required victims to sign NDA's since being able to talk about their experiences will, for many, be an important part of healing the psychological damage.

I share your concern that Thompson's motives may not be transparent. Celtic has publically accused them of defamation and if Thompson's let that go unchallenged it will:

A) Undermine the victims cases by portraying their solicitors as liars.

and,

B) Fuel suspicions as to why Thompson's are willing to let that happen without a legal challenge.

Last edited:
If I assume the rumour has substance, it would still not prevent survivors going public after cases are settled. I would most certainly hope that Thompson's would not allow a settlement that required victims to sign NDA's since being able to talk about their experiences as for many this will be an important part of healing the psychological damage.

I share your concern that Thompson's motives may not be transparent. Celtic has publically accused them of defamation and if Thompson's let that go unchallenged it will:

A) Undermine the victims cases by portraying their solicitors as liars.

and,

B) Fuel suspicions as to why Thompson's are willing to let that happen without a legal challenge.

I think (have heard, to be clear) that NDAs are very much involved.

Email to sun today.

Dear Matthew,

I have been noticing in your recent articles,that you mention the sexual abuse scandal ,which took place historically at glasgow celtic fc over the past 40-50 years,with sexual abuse crimes committed both here in scotland ,other parts of the uk and abroad in america and allegedly throughout europe.
However,i can't help but notice and form the opinion,that your being a bit "lazy" in your work,as in ,it seems you are perhaps cutting and pasting from other articles in other papers, such as Marc Hornes articles in the times?.
What i would like to see from you as a journalist,would be to thoroughly investigate this outrageous,historic sexual abuse at this particular club and expose the real truths and secrets behind the convicted criminals to date,along with the reasons why it was covered up for all these years by various board members,who have admitted to being told of the abuse,but did nothing about it,deciding instead to keep it secret and in house...failing to report a crime is a crime,it could be construed as perverting the course of justice and ultimately placed vulnerable youths at risk to these paedophiles that were allowed to comit their depraved acts ,in their guise as celtic fc /celtic boys club employees,some offenders actually being re-employed to carry on their depravity.....WHY?
Have you investigated the links to the abuse of a youth player in america and the subsequent cover ups by the celtic board,in particular Jack McGinn ,who has admitted being told and kept it secret?.
Have you investigated the status of the ongoing case submitted to kearny police dept/hudson county sheriffs dept and what cases the american lawyers have lined up?.
As a responsible journalist,it is in the publics interest for you to earn your money and investigate this club and report the facts to all,you may even get journalist of the year for your efforts.

They will be exposed in time but you could help...do you want to help?,or would you rather be like the rest of the celtic board,the SNP and police and turn a blind eye and hope it goes away?.

Kind regards

You’re doing a fantastic job mate. Not a criticism at all, but it may be worthwhile posting a draft email on here for some to give it a once over for grammar etc - it will just give it a bit more impact I would think.

you been reading this thread since the start?

It’s a much peddled rumour which I doubt is true. (Unless you mean for the settlement)

Sorry, I need to be clearer. I have heard that Thompsons themselves have asked survivors not to go to the authorities and that they are negotiating a settlement which involves NDAs. Heard, so certainly not trying to pass it off as fact.

I think (have heard, to be clear) that NDAs are very much involved.
Surely victims of abuse would be the last people to not fully comprehend the dangers and consequences of keeping things in the shadows. On the other hand many will not want this to go to court and who could blame them. Yet, others may be desperate for their moment in court.

I'm sure we can all understand some just wanting to draw a line under this and moving on with their lives, but surely to do that justice must be seen/felt to have been achieved, and the chances of this happening again to others mitigated as much as realisticaly possible. Only then perhaps some closure and even contentment would be within their grasps.

I fail to see how signing away their voice and in the process helping to shield those who looked the other way, will satisfy these requirements for the majority. And even though I'm not judging anyone, there are plenty who would question their motives were they willing to be silenced by the pound alone.

Surely also, it would be folly to make an agreement now before the full extent of the culpability is known. My gut feeling is that celtic will want this settled before the upcoming documentaries and potential public enquiry. To allow them this luxury would be short sited and negligent in the extreme.

Surely victims of abuse would be the last people to not fully comprehend the dangers and consequences of keeping things in the shadows. On the other hand many will not want this to go to court and who could blame them. Yet, others may be desperate for their moment in court.

I'm sure we can all understand some just wanting to draw a line under this and moving on with their lives, but surely to do that justice must be seen/felt to have been achieved, and the chances of this happening again to others mitigated as much as realisticaly possible. Only then perhaps some closure and even contentment would be within their grasps.

I fail to see how signing away their voice and in the process helping to shield those who looked the other way, will satisfy these requirements for the majority. And even though I'm not judging anyone, there are plenty who would question their motives were they willing to be silenced by the pound alone.

Surely also, it would be folly to make an agreement now before the full extent of the culpability is known. My gut feeling is that celtic will want this settled before the upcoming documentaries and potential public enquiry. To allow them this luxury would be short sited and negligent in the extreme.

I would not presume to know what survivors are thinking and would never for a second criticise their decision either way: as outsiders to the whole affair, it is easy to make assumptions of how we would react but the entire situation is well out of most people's ability to rationalise.

It was extremely worrying to hear it and my own thoughts were that if it is true, we may never know the full extent of what went on.

I would not presume to know what survivors are thinking and would never for a second criticise their decision either way: as outsiders to the whole affair, it is easy to make assumptions of how we would react but the entire situation is well out of most people's ability to rationalise.

It was extremely worrying to hear it and my own thoughts were that if it is true, we may never know the full extent of what went on.
That paragraph you highlighted was aimed at the lawyers advising their clients rather than the clients themselves.

Email to sun today.

Dear Matthew,

Kind regards

You’re a hard man Tommy :D

That paragraph you highlighted was aimed at the lawyers advising their clients rather than the clients themselves.

The lawyers, if they were given an offer of money in exchange for an NDA for each survivor, would need nothing more and 'extent' would not come into it; numbers of victims would simply receive their payout and sign their document. The number of victims is irrelevant to each other in a civil case (as in victim A does not have any increase or decrease in damages if there are more or less fellow victims).

Some of the victims may well feel that a payout and underlining the whole affair is preferable to them than years of having some extremely dark times played out in public?

Agree 100%. Strategic error if they do this mate.

Email to sun today.

Dear Matthew,

Kind regards
Brilliant Tommy

Just for clarification, Thompson solicitors have no obligation to society as a whole. They only have a responsibility for doing the best financially for their clients. If that means settlement out of court and NDAs, then that is what they will recommend to their clients. I am not saying that this will happen, I am merely restating the obvious.

I believe that they are no win no fee, so bucks is their bottom line. They have no other agenda.

That's not what I see mate, nothing like it. I think the explanation may be much simpler and down to however Google's algorithm applies to your internet history. That's not to suggest that you were searching for stories on Neely or Chalmers simply that other stories you have searched on may contain links to stories on Neely and Chalmers within them. If you see what I mean.

I've tried to replicate what you are getting but to no avail. I just get 'regular' stories. That's on desktop and ipad and also via internet and app.
I think a way to check this would be to fire up an incognito or private browsing page through your browser and check Google on there.
Im the same mate but the first thing i search before anything is Celtic paedos and i get what i expect,maybe clear your cache and cookies, good luck

Get to the point and try and provoke a reaction or answer.

You played it better than I would have, mate!

My first thought when I read it was, 'How can you expect a reporter to take your comments forward when you're calling him out for being 'lazy' and 'cutting and pasting' other reporter's work?'

His, 'I am working on and looking into all of the stories you have mentioned and have been for a while' response was the last thing I expected.

Good on you.

Last edited:
You played it better than I would have, mate!

My first thought when I read it was, 'How can you expect a reporter to take your comments forward when you're calling him out for being 'lazy' and 'cutting and pasting' other reporter's work?'

His, 'I am working on and looking into all of the stories you have mentioned and have been for a while' response was the
last thing I expected.

Good on you.

The journalists need called out for their lack of interest in this historic abuse,too many have turned away from it,instead of digging and going for the jugular

Here's my response to matthew coyles reply to me earlier.

Matthew,

Many thanks for your reply,it was appreciated.

Perhaps i could ask you this?...your newspaper printed a recent article ,where it was stated that ex- celtic chairman Jack McGinn had admitted being told of the sexual.abuse committed in america by Frank Cairney but decided to cover it up,have you investigated this matter further since then?.
Also,your paper wrote an article on Jack McGinn allegedly being run over by a reversing van,which caused him to "dislocate his eye socket" amongst other facial and leg injuries,do you have any photographic evidence of these injuries and will your paper publish them?.
The reason i ask,is that it seems nigh impossible to dislocate an eye socket ,as it is part of the skull,which is a solid mass,which could be fractured but not dislocated.
Is there any truth to your papers story,backed by evidence,or is it another fable spun by other influences to appease certain parties?.

I'd be happy to see any evidence you can produce on this story and of course,the historic sex abuse and cover ups which have taken place at celtic fc,stories,which you have stated ,you are working on.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Here's my response to matthew coyles reply to me earlier.

Matthew,

Many thanks for your reply,it was appreciated.

Perhaps i could ask you this?...your newspaper printed a recent article ,where it was stated that ex- celtic chairman Jack McGinn had admitted being told of the sexual.abuse committed in america by Frank Cairney but decided to cover it up,have you investigated this matter further since then?.
Also,your paper wrote an article on Jack McGinn allegedly being run over by a reversing van,which caused him to "dislocate his eye socket" amongst other facial and leg injuries,do you have any photographic evidence of these injuries and will your paper publish them?.
The reason i ask,is that it seems nigh impossible to dislocate an eye socket ,as it is part of the skull,which is a solid mass,which could be fractured but not dislocated.
Is there any truth to your papers story,backed by evidence,or is it another fable spun by other influences to appease certain parties?.

I'd be happy to see any evidence you can produce on this story and of course,the historic sex abuse and cover ups which have taken place at celtic fc,stories,which you have stated ,you are working on.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
I think SNP MSPs check under their bed at night for Tommy.

Last edited:
Wow...uncle pete was quick to inform the london stock exchange,did petey weety also tell them of his secret internal investigation into paedophiles operating inside his club?....
CELTIC have confirmed they received a record 'single payment' of £25million from Arsenal for Kieran Tierney.

The details emerged in a letter to the London Stock Exchange today.

Tierney sealed his move to Arsenal this afternoonCredit: Alamy Live News
It read: "Celtic plc confirms it has agreed to permanently transfer the registration of Kieran Tierney to Arsenal Football Club for a record single amount of £25m."

Tierney's move sees him become the most expensive Scottish player in history, taking over from Oli McBurnie who signed for Sheffield United in a £20m deal.

Shortly after the move was confirmed, Celtic released a statement insisting they did everything they could to keep the defender who 'pursued the move'.

It read: "Celtic Football Club today confirmed that Kieran Tierney has signed for Arsenal FC, after completing a medical earlier in London.

RELATED STORIES

HOOPS HERO LEAVES
Celtic hero Kieran Tierney joins Arsenal in record-breaking £25m deal

MIXED REACTION
Celtic fans split as Kieran Tierney gets set to complete Arsenal transfer

'IT'S DONE'
Kieran Tierney pictured with Arsenal fan as Celtic star completes medical

OVER THE ODDS
Nicholas says Arsenal have shelled out too much for Celtic star Tierney

'WE DIDN'T NEED TO SELL'
Celtic insist Kieran Tierney wanted to pursue £25m move to Arsenal

REVEALED
MOTHERWELL VS CELTIC
TV channel, live stream and team news for the Premiership tie

1 / 3

"We did all we could to keep Kieran at Celtic.

"While the club did not need or wish to sell Kieran, this was an opportunity which Kieran very much wished to pursue and with the club having received a significant offer, we have agreed to the transfer.

'BORN AND RAISED' Watch Kieran Tierney pay tribute to Celtic in his Arsenal signing video
"Kieran has been a big part of the club for a number of years, coming through our Academy structure and becoming a key first team player of real quality.

"He has made a significant contribution to Celtic and we thank him very much for all he has given to the club and, of course, we wish him very well for the future in his career."
Not to derail the thread but surely the Lawwell statement to the stock exchange shows the posters to be saying ‘it won’t be that kind of fee, that will include wages or add-one that won’t occur,’ to be talking shite. If not, their accounts will show Lawwell to be lying to the stock exchange and open to the associated punishment.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/remaining-silent-about-child-abuse-can-t-be-an-option-5hdhzmgh6
Remaining silent about child abuse can’t be an option

tom perry
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F11bb2154-c396-11e9-9b38-47c3100effef.jpg

Save

More recent data from multiple jurisdictions reveals that well-designed mandatory reporting supports staff and benefits children in their care. It is considered a vital component of functioning safeguarding. So why does the government persist with “discretionary reporting” in complex settings for which there is a dearth of supporting evidence?
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/remaining-silent-about-child-abuse-can-t-be-an-option-5hdhzmgh6
Hmmm something smells.

Admin, please delete this post if not appropriate for this thread but I feel it is pertinent to the overall perspective that opinions and law are hardening to the perpetrators of child sexual abuse.

News just in from down here in Australia.

Cardinal George Pell’s six year jail sentence for child sexual abuse convictions will be upheld after his appeal at Victoria’s Court of Appeal was dismissed.

The decision was delivered at the Court of Appeal on Wednesday morning by Chief Justice Anne Ferguson in front of a packed court room.

The appeal was rejected in a two to one majority decision, with Justice Ferguson and Justice Chris Maxwell voting to reject the appeal.

Justice Mark Weinberg opposed their decision, saying the convictions could not stand due to the evidence presented in Cardinal Pell’s defence, Justice Ferguson said.

Cardinal Pell, 78, was convicted in December of five charges over the rape of one 13-year-old choirboy and sexual assault of another at St Patrick's Cathedral in Melbourne in 1996.

He was sentenced in March to six years in prison, to serve three years and eight months before becoming eligible for parole.

There is more to the article but ending it here.

Is anyone having trouble posting on FF. I can’t post anything I can only reply. Anyone else??

Same here mate,I have started a thread on it and it seems there are quite a few in the same boat.I ha

ve worked it out when I can and can't post.I can't post when there is a large white message box and I can when there is a small white message box which has an invite to type.

The lawyers, if they were given an offer of money in exchange for an NDA for each survivor, would need nothing more and 'extent' would not come into it; numbers of victims would simply receive their payout and sign their document. The number of victims is irrelevant to each other in a civil case (as in victim A does not have any increase or decrease in damages if there are more or less fellow victims).

Some of the victims may well feel that a payout and underlining the whole affair is preferable to them than years of having some extremely dark times played out in public?
Taking a payout while not getting full closure and help recovering from this is detrimental to the victims it could potentially cause far greater problems, I am hoping the lawyers write in that assistance by top qualified people for recovery and NDAs are off the table altogether they help no one aside from perpetrators involved in dark deeds.

There’s actually a thread on it now. I’m about to come off FF now,it’s getting to annoying. Some threads are fine but some you just can’t do anything.. Tried everything and nothing from admin so don’t know what to do.

For anyone who hasn’t read the other thread, @sherbrook_loyal (Admin) has now advised that the issue has been reported.

Here's his reply

Thanks for your email.
I am working on and looking into all of the stories you have mentioned
and have been for a while.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Matt

Tommy well played mate as usual

Now the guy has asked for more questions why don’t you ask him to investigate Gerry McSherry and the 14 man list in more detail and of the 6 already convicted were they on the list

Ask him to ask PS why haven’t they released a description of the 7th man connected to CBC who has a warrant out for his arrest?

Back