Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

True but I’m not sure they will go deep into this, hopefully I’m proved wrong.
Believe me I see your point. This is a positive for the victims and families though mate. Like you say it may not go deep into the subject.

Some of us are in contact with people who have suffered at the hands of the convicted perpetrators and have worked hard to get it into the the public eye. Hopefully RockSport do the subject justice.

Believe me I see your point. This is a positive for the victims and families though mate. Like you say it may not go deep into the subject.

Some of us are in contact with people who have suffered at the hands of the convicted perpetrators and have worked hard to get it into the the public eye. Hopefully RockSport do the subject justice.
The work you guys have done is amazing, you are getting stuff talked about where as before it was left buried, credit to you all for the work you put in.

fired off to gavin newlands ,adam tompkins,willie rennie,humza yousaf,nicola sturgeon,jim sherridan,james dornan,ian blackford & jackson carlaw....

Good afternoon all,

Further to the new reports in the national press of the 20 test cases of the victims of Glasgow Celtics sexual abuse scandal going to court soon, along with the other reports of alleged previous sexual abuse crimes committed by Harry Dunn and Gordon Neely ,surely it’s time for your parties to forget about Brexit for a while,forget about trying to re-enact the battle of bannockburn in westminster or indeed trying to resurrect the tartan thingummyjig club ,where all the nationalistic diatribe about independence and scots wa hae etc are rolled out to the merriment of the elected tartan bay city blowhards ,even take a break from being skelped around the head with a tennis ball ( might knock some sense in there!) and press on with something far more important and far reaching......the public demands for a full and independent public inquiry into the sexual abuse crimes committed in Scottish football ,particularly in the main at Glasgow celtic fc for the past 40 years ,where there have been 7 criminal convictions.

Surely now,that along with Glasgow Celtics historic sexual abuse crimes,we now have other clubs being tainted with the same brush,it is time to give the public,the full inquiry they demand,as well as serving ( apologies Nicola – duck ) justice to the victims?...it’s the right and only thing to do .

It’s time to put the victims of the historic sexual abuse in Scottish football onto the front pages,rather than all the Brexit nonsense,which everyone is sick to the back teeth of ,but then,there’s more chance of that happening,than mr blackford making a speech in Westminster without the mention of independence,well mr blackford,let’s put independence on the front pages,by demanding a full and independent inquiry ...you know it makes sense.

Perhaps our justice secretary,would like to put his head above the parapet now,as he is off twitter and has more time on his hands to back these calls for a full and independent ,public inquiry,come on mr yousaf ,time to prove all your doubters wrong,don’t be shy now.

It’s time for ALL PARTYS ,of all persuasions ,irrespective of who they support sporting wise ,to UNITE AS ONE and deliver the inquiry the public want and demand without prejudice,instead of hiding behind Brexit, independence and SFA interim reports....do the right thing and do it now.

I await any comments you wish to make in reply.

Kind regards
You expect to be taken seriously with that? The nationalists will just ignore you as not being serious and just trying to belittle Celtic with no concern for the victims. That what it looks like.

Fantastic news tonight.

The Scottish Government has decided that there should be a statutory public enquiry into defective ventilation systems at two new hospitals.

They obviously have developed an appetite for transparency and this should be applauded.

I, for one, believe that the next enquiry on their hit list will be the historical child abuse within Celtic FC
Scottish football.

They are quite right, first some dodgy xpelairs, then a scandal which has blighted the lives of scores of young, hopeful lads who dreamed about a life of professional football.

They have my vote next time. Thank goodness we were sensible enough to vote for Devolution.

Fantastic news tonight.

The Scottish Government has decided that there should be a statutory public enquiry into defective ventilation systems at two new hospitals.

They obviously have developed an appetite for transparency and this should be applauded.

I, for one, believe that the next enquiry on their hit list will be the historical child abuse within Celtic FC
Scottish football.

They are quite right, first some dodgy xpelairs, then a scandal which has blighted the lives of scores of young, hopeful lads who dreamed about a life of professional football.

They have my vote next time. Thank goodness we were sensible enough to vote for Devolution.
anyone voting for that party is a fucking moron

It really is about time the people from our side stopped the pussyfooting shyte that the regime at Ibrox are so scared to go near. Our Legal EBT’s nonsense that was so clearly organised by the scumbag Lord Reid ( how fecking ironic is that Republican animal, who was the prime instigator in the EBT’s fiasco getting a Knighthood of the very Monarchy system he so despised) I really can’t describe the apathy within the majority of people who, let us say are not Natsi. minded.
Many years ago we had such a thing as a Reformation, which happened because we where not prepared to be dictated to by a minority, I live in Spain but it saddens me to see the country of my birth being ruled an RC minority, waken up and seize the day.

I HAD TO CLOSE THIS THREAD LAST WEEK DUE TO THE EMBARRASSMENT IT HAD BECOME AND HAD TO PURGE LOADS OF POSTS.

THESE WERE COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE AND CONSISTED OF UNSUBSTANTIATED ALLEGATIONS AGAINST PEOPLE AND RESPONSES TO THESE ALLEGATIONS.

THIS THREAD AND PEOPLE IN THE BACKGROUND HAVE DONE GREAT WORK IN EXPOSING CERTAIN ISSUES - ALL THAT IS UNDONE IF IT DEGENERATES INTO SPECULATION OVER CRIMES OF THE MOST ABHORRENT NATURE.

IN FACT, THAT SORT OF POST PLAYS DIRECTLY INTO THE HANDS OF THE ABUSERS AND THEIR APOLOGISTS.

ENGAGE YOUR BRAIN BEFORE YOU POST.

Everyone can probably guess why the thread was closed. Let’s get this thread back on track and continue the good work that has been achieved.

We have not stopped in the background even though they thought we had. Don’t entertain lurkers please. They will be here soon. Report them if you have any doubt. We know they are coming.

Last edited:
Weekend story and latest update. Miss none of them.

A CELTIC youth worker was sacked after a probe into an incident involving an under-18s player.

The club reported Michael Murphy, 69, to cops over alleged inappropriate behaviour.

Hoops chiefs also called in the SFA and government agency Disclosure Scotland as they launched an internal investigation.

The player liaison officer, of Clydebank, was later dismissed.

But cops will take no action over the incident — which sources labelled “misguided banter”.

One insider said: “He’s flicked a hand out at someone in the dressing room playfully and made contact with them.

“He’s not meant it to be sexual but Celtic have a zero tolerance on anything like that. They need to do it by the book.”

Another said he had “fallen below” club standards.

Parents were left shocked by the sacking following the incident at Barrowfield training HQ in Glasgow.

A CELTIC youth worker was sacked after a probe into an incident involving an under-18s player.

The club reported Michael Murphy, 69, to cops over alleged inappropriate behaviour.

Hoops chiefs also called in the SFA and government agency Disclosure Scotland as they launched an internal investigation.

But cops will take no action over the incident — which sources labelled “misguided banter”.

One insider said: “He’s flicked a hand out at someone in the dressing room playfully and made contact with them.

“He’s not meant it to be sexual but Celtic have a zero tolerance on anything like that. They need to do it by the book.”

Parents were left shocked by the sacking following the incident at Barrowfield training HQ in Glasgow.

Responders try not to reduce the thread to shite again with multiple "hello Hollicom" posts.

Zero tolerance! what starting from now?

Re Murphy

When did this incident take place and when was he dismissed ?

If he was dismissed for interfering with a youth player, why are the police not all over this? Surely this would be a given after all the recent convictions ?

Has be been highlighted as a person of danger by Disclosure Scotland ?

Something stinks .........

Re Murphy

When did this incident take place and when was he dismissed ?

If he was dismissed for interfering with a youth player, why are the police not all over this? Surely this would be a given after all the recent convictions ?

Has be been highlighted as a person of danger by Disclosure Scotland ?

Something stinks .........

The report above says -
"One insider said: “He’s flicked a hand out at someone in the dressing room playfully and made contact with them."

"Parents were left shocked by the sacking"

Is that because it's another story regarding sexual misconduct at Celtic and they were shocked at that or is it because they didn't feel he should have been sacked at all having heard what happened?

Is the lack of police action here an insinuation the guy genuinely made a mistake and there no sexual or devious element to it? (I'm not suggesting that is the case for certain but it appears unclear)

If that's the case, have Celtic hung someone out to dry to make their historical cover up of paedophiles look better with action now?

It's either that or they've let yet another paedophile infiltrate their organisation and while that can happen to any club, perhaps if they'd highlighted their long standing issues before now, these beasts would be thinking twice about trying to hide out there abusing kids.

I cannot see how, either way, this is a positive story for Celtic.

Last edited:
Celtic FC have a rule in place now that no coaches are allowed in a youth changing room on their own.

2 questions...

1. If they aren’t connected to CBC And have no history of child abuse, then why is this necessary?

2. If such company has this in place then why the feck is there no investigation taking place

Everyone can probably guess why the thread was closed. Let’s get this thread back on track and continue the good work that has been achieved.

We have not stopped in the background even though they thought we had. Don’t entertain lurkers please. They will be here soon. Report them if you have any doubt. We know they are coming.

You have no idea the relief your post gives to us occasional posters and occasional contributors BN94.

Thank you so much from those who aren’t on the front line but who are adamant justice must be served.

Celtic FC have a rule in place now that no coaches are allowed in a youth changing room on their own.

2 questions...

1. If they aren’t connected to CBC And have no history of child abuse, then why is this necessary?

2. If such company has this in place then why the feck is there no investigation taking place

I don't think 1 is an issue whatsoever.

All companies / sports clubs / places where children are gathered, should have this to protect them.

I think it's a positive.

On 2, there should be an investigation in to them but not because they've put a child protection scheme in operation. It should be on the information that has been gathered on their cover up already.

I don't defend a fucking thing they do lightly but think you're looking for something here which isn't a problem.

All companies / sports clubs / places where children are gathered, should have this to protect them.

I think it's a positive.

On 2, there should be an investigation in to them but not because they've put a child protection scheme in operation. It should be on the information that has been gathered on their cover up already.

I don't defend a fucking thing they do lightly but think you're looking for something here which isn't a problem.

Was just coming to post the same. A few years back I helped out at the local boys brigade and the rule was simple. Never be left in any room with one of the boys by themselves, always have another officer with you.

All it would take is a lie to be made and suddenly you've allegations that are your word vs there's.

Its to protect the children but also the coaches.

I'm all for pulling up celtic on all the genuinely horrible things they've done, but there's nothing wrong with the policy you've mentioned in my opinion.

Was just coming to post the same. A few years back I helped out at the local boys brigade and the rule was simple. Never be left in any room with one of the boys by themselves, always have another officer with you.

All it would take is a lie to be made and suddenly you've allegations that are your word vs there's.

Its to protect the children but also the coaches.

I'm all for pulling up celtic on all the genuinely horrible things they've done, but there's nothing wrong with the policy you've mentioned in my opinion.
The same rule applies with Scouts.

I think it's a positive.

It was introduced off the back of the CBC claims, though - which changes a lot.

2 questions...

Think you will find that all SPFL Academy coaches and scouts will follow the rule that no coach or scout shall be in a dressing room alone with youth players.

Apparently not as per the quote

"One insider said: “He’s flicked a hand out at someone in the dressing room playfully and made contact with them."
So logically there must have been an enabler there with Murphy, observing him attempting to play with the bhoy
Maybe, maybe not.

The devil is in the detail and it has not been said there were definitely witnesses.

Back