Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Just managed to get an update on the thread tonight and i am shellshocked to read about the tragedy that is Smyllum park orphanage.

That is the first i have heard about this, no wonder Nikkla & Yousless have excluded Religious and sporting organisations from child sex abuse inquiries.

This is a Holocaust on a smaller scale, Hitler (who i believe belonged to that cult) abused and murdered mostly people of other religions, but Smyllum was abusing and murdering their own kind.

How can S.N.P. ministers sleep at night , between Smyllum and Celtic f.c. there have been Hundreds of children murdered and Hundreds of children abused.

I now intend to start messaging these S.N.P. monsters again paralleling Smyllum/Celtic and demanding that Religious and sporting organisations should be at the Forefront of child sex abuse inquiries.

It is clear to see that a particular religion is paramount for enabling these tragedies taking place and the scum responsible must face justice. It beggars belief what they have been allowed to get away with.

I actually feel physically sick writing about these scandals.

Just managed to get an update on the thread tonight and i am shellshocked to read about the tragedy that is Smyllum park orphanage.

That is the first i have heard about this, no wonder Nikkla & Yousless have excluded Religious and sporting organisations from child sex abuse inquiries.

This is a Holocaust on a smaller scale, Hitler (who i believe belonged to that cult) abused and murdered mostly people of other religions, but Smyllum was abusing and murdering their own kind.

How can S.N.P. ministers sleep at night , between Smyllum and Celtic f.c. there have been Hundreds of children murdered and Hundreds of children abused.

I now intend to start messaging these S.N.P. monsters again paralleling Smyllum/Celtic and demanding that Religious and sporting organisations should be at the Forefront of child sex abuse inquiries.

It is clear to see that a particular religion is paramount for enabling these tragedies taking place and the scum responsible must face justice. It beggars belief what they have been allowed to get away with.

The atrocities that have taken place in Scotland alone is staggering. Too many people turning a blind eye to them. We've consistently failed the most vulnerable people in our society through the years.

I think there's some YouTube vids on Smyllum too.

BBC star hopes to speak up for 'forgotten' Abuse victims

SHE is one of the best-known voices on Scottish radio but Theresa Talbot’s latest role is to speak up for the nation’s ‘forgotten’ victims.

As the traffic bulletin presenter for BBC Radio Scotland, Theresa has helped to keep countless commuters heading in the right direction over the years.

Now she is hoping to use her new book to give a voice to the victims of historic sexual abuse.

Her latest novel, The Quiet Ones, is the third in a series focusing on investigative journalist Oonagh O’Neil and explores crimes against boys at fictional football team Caledonian Boys Club.

It follows on from The Lost Children, based on the ‘fallen women’ of the Magdalene Institution, in Glasgow, and Keep Her Silent, which took inspiration from the tainted blood scandal.

Theresa told the Barrhead News: “In the past, crime books were guilty of brushing over the victims or it was always the glamorous girl who ended up in a ditch.

“I wanted to give the victims agency and show these teenagers are real people and not just there as a plot point.

“With a lot of situations, we try to ‘other’ the people involved – ‘oh, it’s refugees, it wasn’t me’ – but these are real people.”

Theresa’s inspiration for her new novel came from a chance meeting with Glasgow taxi driver David Gordon.

The pair got talking and, soon, David revealed he had been a whistleblower in the original trial of Celtic Boys Club founder Jim Torbett during the 1990s.

It was with the help of his testimony that Torbett was jailed for his historic crimes. He was later caged again after more victims came forward.

While the book is inspired by real events, Theresa is keen to stress it is a work of fiction.

She said: “David told me he was set for a promising career in football but just gave up after being abused.

“How tragic – and how many other boys have slipped through the net or have had their lives ruined by such a trauma?

“This went on for decades and you only have to look at cases such as Jimmy Saville, who acted in plain sight.

“No-one will ever be blamed for Jimmy Saville but he didn’t work alone. Why has no-one been jailed for that or had some sort of conviction? I just can’t get my head round that.”

The abuse suffered by countless children is well documented, which is why Theresa wanted her new book to focus more on the victims, rather than the crimes.

She said: “People who have gone on to live successful lives didn’t speak out because they were scared of upsetting others by letting it slip that this had happened to them.

“There were all these social conventions which mean the victims didn’t speak out.

“They just wanted to play football and that’s all they wanted to do and they assumed it (the abuse) was part of it.”

The Quiet Ones is priced at £10.99 and is available to order online from Amazon.

Theresa will also be revealing all about her life when she visits the Barrhead Foundry on Monday.

She will be at the Foundry from 7pm. Tickets cost £4 and can be booked by calling 0141 577 4956.

The Barrhead News is giving away four tickets to the event, courtesy of Theresa.

Winners are on a first-come, first-served basis. To enter, simply send an email to editorial@barrheadnews.com.

Last edited:
Interesting article. Theresa you say? Ummmm.

Theresa’s inspiration for her new novel came from a chance meeting with Glasgow taxi driver David Gordon.

The pair got talking and, soon, David revealed he had been a whistleblower in the original trial of Celtic Boys Club founder Jim Torbett during the 1990s.

It was with the help of his testimony that Torbett was jailed for his historic crimes. He was later caged again after more victims came forward.

While the book is inspired by real events, Theresa is keen to stress it is a work of fiction.

I feel the same about that orphanage. I actually can’t get my head around the fact that literally hundreds of bodies of children turned up and;

a) the media treated it as a minor story which disappeared within days (although some publications ran stories from ex-residents who alluded to their friends being murdered by nuns).

b) the police literally turning a blind eye to what could be the biggest and most heinous crime in Scottish history for reasons unknown.

c) literally no questions raised by MPs / MSPs on why no one was interested in this absolute horror.

Yet again this man fails another grief stricken family. Get this under qualified fool out of office now.

I was TKO from the headline. Made it further then I did. I hate how an institution can use our(English Speaking World) religious tolerance to cover its own misdeeds. To say the Catholic Church is evil does not mean you think all Catholic people are bad. It has a midevil power structure with no accountability and the inevitable result of that has been brought on. Its the same thing that happens in all other forms of dictatorships and totalitarian organizations. Twenty years ago if you said the Ugandan government was evil you would not have been called a bigot. It should be no different with the Catholic Church.
I was brought up Catholic mate, and i have no issues calling it for what it is. I was very lucky i had family that didn't buy into the religious side of things, and took people for the person they where. Needless to say i don't do religion now, the sooner people open their eyes and minds, the sooner we can eradicate these heinous crimes from churches. First and foremost this dictatorship of a government needs gone, then we can start to see just justice for people.

It's so difficult to show restraint, hoping that the cases will soon be brought forward, whilst watching some of the more vile tims mouthing off on twitter.

I know we need to be patient but I hope one of these documentaries hits soon, or the cases see movement.

It is difficult Gaz, without a doubt. It's bad enough for you and I, but Imagine how the families feel. The strain must be almost unbearable.

I thought solicitor Patrick McGuire may have taken at least one or two cases to court by now. He's repeatedly said he would and for understandable reasons, it's not been rushed. Nobody wants that. That of course is the correct way of doing it, he must get it right, but I thought he gave CFC his last ultimatum a few weeks ago. It's gone quite again. Shouldn't be long now.

I'm sure one of the three documentaries is due to be aired early next year. Filming has definitely started, but I don't know how close they are to completing it. Here's hoping it's as hard hitting towards the paedo harbourers as we all think it will be and that all of the UK (and further afield) will be made aware of this rancid club.

The treatment of the Gray family throughout all of this has been nothing short of disgraceful.

Their plight needs to be heard. They need answers from the governing bodies. They need Celtic to say sorry.

I agree, they definitely do need lots of answers, from lots of different bodies and they also need to be shown some respect and empathy too, something which is severely lacking in many quarters.

This really infuriates me. Being 100% honest (and believe it or not, I'm a quiet guy), I know where I'd be right now if this was my mum or sister. It's sickening. So many cowards who allow this.

I have just came back on board after a week FF flare ups, reading this article right now the tears are welling up ,its tears of pity for that little child followed by tears of utter feckin,rage, i want to go mental on these barstewards,no one, who has been reading this thread for any length of time needs any exhortations from me, but the story of that little child should be enough to spur any of us on to see justice for the victims.
when you are flagging, cant be bothered, feel that your efforts are worthless, just picture that little boy in a darkened room being kicked fluck out of every other night by a full grown (man) no escape,they are more Evil than any
thing Hollywood could dream up,keep up the good fight

I agree, they definitely do need lots of answers, from lots of different bodies and they also need to be shown some respect and empathy too, something which is severely lacking in many quarters.

This really infuriates me. Being 100% honest (and believe it or not, I'm a quiet guy), I know where I'd be right now if this was my mum or sister. It's sickening. So many cowards who allow this.
Can only tell you what I've been told mate that it's gonna be very damaging to Celtic Football Club and it's links to a number of clubs in England they feature throughout it

Hitler was born to a Catholic mother but absolutely hated all religions. He thought they were all nonsense so I think it’s a bit of a leap to call him a catholic and tie him with Celtic & SNP mate.

Don't want to wander off track arguing about a despot, but where in my post did i tie Hitler in with Celtic/SNP ? Have i touched a nerve tying Hitler with Celtic?

Hitler was born to a catholic mother who raised him form childhood, taking part in the sacrament of confirmation, he later rejected his mothers religion.

The point i was making is that He belonged to the same cult responsible for Smyllum park and the abuse at Celtic F.C. and i'm not suggesting all catholics are of that ilk.

I was comparing it to the Holocaust as 6 million Jews murdered by Hitlers nazis compared to the population of Europe at the time was 1.09%, the children's bodies found in a mass grave at Smyllum compared to the population of Scotland is 0.008%, therefore it is Scotlands Mini Holocaust, which should be at the forefront of news/m.s.m.

It is a disgrace that the S.N.P. Government are not holding an Independent inquiry into Smyllum and Celtic abuse.
The "Leap" as you put it is linking the two as part of the same religious cult, a cult that appears to have in their D.N.A./Psyche that they can murder/torture/and abuse both children and adults and get away with it.

Don't want to wander off track arguing about a despot, but where in my post did i tie Hitler in with Celtic/SNP ? Have i touched a nerve tying Hitler with Celtic?

Hitler was born to a catholic mother who raised him form childhood, taking part in the sacrament of confirmation, he later rejected his mothers religion.

The point i was making is that He belonged to the same cult responsible for Smyllum park and the abuse at Celtic F.C. and i'm not suggesting all catholics are of that ilk.

I was comparing it to the Holocaust as 6 million Jews murdered by Hitlers nazis compared to the population of Europe at the time was 1.09%, the children's bodies found in a mass grave at Smyllum compared to the population of Scotland is 0.008%, therefore it is Scotlands Mini Holocaust, which should be at the forefront of news/m.s.m.

It is a disgrace that the S.N.P. Government are not holding an Independent inquiry into Smyllum and Celtic abuse.
The "Leap" as you put it is linking the two as part of the same religious cult, a cult that appears to have in their D.N.A./Psyche that they can murder/torture/and abuse both children and adults and get away with it

Sorry RK - In hindsight I was nitpicking a small point on a much bigger post.

Add in this one too mate

How on earth these people sleep at night is beyond me.

They just don't care, as they are psychopathic monsters and know that in all probability, if found out, will not be called to account.
They pass it off as God's work.

Finished watching the 7 or so hours of 'The Keepers' last night. The last 2 episodes are a rollercoaster. But something Tom Nugent said way back at the beginning of episode 1 stuck with me throughout:

"There's an on the record story of what happened and then there's the world beneath... to get at that mystery is our greatest journalistic responsibility".

For any Scottish mainstream media looking in - shame on you.

They just don't care, as they are psychopathic monsters and know that in all probability, if found out, will not be called to account.
They pass it off as God's work.

The Church and the State colluded to cover up these vile acts and the disgusting mistreatment of women and children.

hmmm

tolerate?

next time someone calls anyone out as a sectarian bigot, laugh in their face

why havent the SFA cited celtic for that instance of paying compo? its in their own rules that they can punish celtic regardless of what other cases have still to be heard.

Why are celtic allowed to continue with no transfer embargo, etc what is the SFA's stance to these crimes?
Not only have they, as you said admitted responsibility in court for a single case of abuse, there have also been 7 convictions in court of employees of Celtc or officials of CBC. There is absolutely nothing preventing SFA from taking action against the club responsible. Legal proceedings have been concluded.
The very least they should do is suspend Celtc's football licence pending outcome of an investigation into their part in faciliting these offences and the ongoing cover up.
IMO the SFA are setting themselves up to take the hit failing to take appropriate action against Celtc. Which will result in all Scottish clubs being penalised for the crimes of Celtc.

Great post, Big Man!

But the SFA are running scared of Celtic.
The SFA may be running scared of Celtic like you say. Once these documentaries are aired then this will hopefully prove the links with the bheasts down south and Celtic. My hope then is that Westminster will have no choice but to be involved.

This also seems to be the view of the politicians that we have had contact with over recent months in Westminster.

Of course we have the devolved government issue which has led Westminster politicians to give us a personal view but can’t act professionally ( their words ).

I believe if the inquiry is ran by Westminster then the SFA, SNP, Celtic and Police Scotland will all have questions to answer and nowhere to hide.

The SFA may be running scared of Celtic like you say. Once these documentaries are aired then this will hopefully prove the links with the bheasts down south and Celtic. My hope then is that Westminster will have no choice but to be involved.

This also seems to be the view of the politicians that we have had contact with over recent months in Westminster.

Of course we have the devolved government issue which has led Westminster politicians to give us a personal view but can’t act professionally ( their words ).

I believe if the inquiry is ran by Westminster then the SFA, SNP, Celtic and Police Scotland will all have questions to answer and nowhere to hide.
I am out of the loop a bit but do we have full understanding that there are documentaries, more than one, in the offing and an expected date for same?

Will the information in the documentaries help McGuire the solicitor or will he already have the relevant information?

Any chance McGuire will have been in touch with documentary makers, or is waiting until after they have been aired before launching proceedings?

But please be reminded that it was Westminster and the home secretary Theresa May who "lost" the Westminster paedophile register.

Was this just a wee jotter that she left on the bus?

I would imagine it was quite a significant file which would have been backed-up and would (will still be) have been kept under lock and key in several different locations.

Can they be trusted?

But please be reminded that it was Westminster and the home secretary Theresa May who "lost" the Westminster paedophile register.

Was this just a wee jotter that she left on the bus?

I would imagine it was quite a significant file which would have been backed-up and would (will still be) have been kept under lock and key in several different locations.

Can they be trusted?
Very good point. But I’d trust them before the SNP and whoever they appoint to head an inquiry.

Back