Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

But Ms Leslie, a partner at Digby Brown Solicitors, warned: “My overwhelming concern is the redress payment scheme will force an opt-out of any civil damages claim when a far fairer process would be that it would be in addition to, or offset against, any future damages.

“The only parties who would benefit from these proposals are individuals and organisations who could dodge the shame and costs of legal actions.”

This ^^^^^^^

Essentially, the SNP are attempting to silence the victims and protect the perpetrators.

How utterly shameful.

It would appear that the SNP are trying to cover up the cover up. Thankfully I think the victims are looking for justice and to make people accountable for their actions or inactions to make sure nothing like this is allowed to happen to children again. No victim should ever be silenced it's their bravery coming forward that will help bring these monsters to justice. This scandal truly is Scotland's shame.

Sorry for the link to the Sun

There's the SNPs plan to free Celtic from compensation then...
So a state sanction cover up, just when I thot this monstrosity of a so called political party couldn't stoop any lower, they try this. Fukn maggots need voted out now!

Kim Leslie:
“The only parties who would benefit from these proposals are individuals and organisations who could dodge the shame and costs of legal actions.”

More victims should be asking Kim Leslie at Digby Brown to represent them.

She has already ripped Celtic and their Legal team a new arse in court, and won substantial damages for her client.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Wee Paddy still hasn't delivered those writs he promised to serve.

What's he like, eh?

Email to Yousless & Nikkla

To:Humza.youssaf.msp@parliament.scot
Cc:nicola.sturgeon.msp@parliament.scot

1 Nov at 12:15

Dear Humza,

I write to you in your capacity as Justice Secretary for the Scottish Government. I would suggest to date that you have, as a dereliction of duty, failed ironically to provide any Justice for the 100's of poor victims of historic Child Sex Abuse within Scottish football as a whole , suffered over a duration of an astounding 5 decade period.

I contact you today as I note that you commented yesterday 31/10/2019, to the media , regarding the F.I.F.A. disciplinary code and its three point protocol, reference, Racism, Sectarianism & Discrimination all relevant and important issues that need tackled. Humza, do you not agree that it is discriminatory to ignore these poor victims who have been physically and psychologically abused by disgusting predators over these past 5 decades?

It would appear to me Humza, that you are selective in the subjects that you wish to highlight, debate and be seen to tackle. Yes Humza , Racism, Sectarianism & Discrimination as already mentioned, are important issues that should be stamped out , But in my opinion Child Sex Abuse is worse than the 3 of them put together and it should be paramount, in any normal, morally, ethical right minded person to put a stop to it.

It is a scourge on our society affecting not only sporting organisations but also religious organisations, oddly enough the two that your party were keen to omit from investigation. Why was that the case Humza? who or what is being afforded protection, from investigation? to the suspicious eye it looks as though that is the case. If not will you call for a motion for a fully Independent Public Inquiry into historical Child Sex Abuse within Scottish Football?

I won't take up any more of your valuable time Humza, as I guess you have more pressing matters to concern yourself with. I very much doubt that you will afford me the decency of a reply to "Justify" your parties silence, but I hope that I am wrong and that you surprise me and prove me wrong, changing my impression of you as a person delivering Justice.

I will copy Nicola in on this subject as further down the line, I think it would be invaluable to show the Scottish Electorate what a caring party the S.N.P. are/were.

Yours sincerely

R.K.
That RK is just about as perfect as it can get, well worded and points made with some weight about them and more importantly with no direct mention of them which I think is quite important now as it takes away the usual standard replies. Well done mate , fantastic effort.

The cover-up of the cover-up is now in full swing.

I predict here and now that this will backfire spectacularly on the SNP and Celtic.
really got to hope you are correct, one thing is certain though without any doubt at all, the enabler board and our countries present government do not see this backfiring spectacularly on them,and to me that is more than a little concerning,utterly shameful behaviour going on every day with this vile ,rancid shower of filth

What we are seeing in that article reference the SNP’s stance comes as no surprise to us. We have gone “toe to toe” with this poor excuse of a political party for a long time now on this issue.

They are attempting to coverup and hope it goes away along with that vile club.

If the victims choose to go down this path then that’s their prerogative. Remember each individual case will be different, but what I can gather from this article is they are being strongly advised not to do so.

In the coming months we will see a lot of positives and negatives coming out. We have fought with SNP members daily. They are governing a country that has the biggest football scandal to hit world football.

The majority of their members and especially the justice secretary align themselves with this club. This is what we are up against here. We are fighting corruption within a government, and the Catholic cult.

Now some may think we are exaggerating when I say that. They have proved worldwide that they will fight to the death to coverup child abuse.

The SNP’s silence on this issue speaks volumes. We knew this is a path they would try and choose eventually. We will continue to push for an inquiry no matter what along with opposing parties MSP’s.

I’d also like to say to anyone that comes on here and votes for them? I personally would like to say to you, hang your head in shame.

Last edited:
The cover-up of the cover-up is now in full swing.

I predict here and now that this will backfire spectacularly on the SNP and Celtic.

I'm actually surprised they're even trying this angle.

Although, given the lengths they've gone to so far, perhaps I shouldn't be.

I truly hope this blows up in the SNPs face.

No journalist wanting to write this story?

"Bigoted politicians at the centre of a state wide cover up of decades of child abuse" is quite a headline.

Email to F.I.F.A., Extra script added to the previous U.E.F.A. email

To:fatma.samoura@fifa.org

1 Nov at 08:15

Dear Fatma,

In recent weeks there has been a concerted focus on tackling Racism within football. It is highly commendable that your organisation is dealing with this very important subject head on, with sanctions and punishment handed out to perpetrators and associates of representative clubs.
It is also highly commendable that your organisation tackles discrimination and sectarianism within European football, especially as the sport you represent has close ties with society and cultural identity.

F.I.F.A./U.E.F.A. against Racism, F.I.F.A./U.E.F.A. against Discrimination, F.I.F.A./U.E.F.A. against Sectarianism, Respect, all relevant issues that your organisation rightly deserves praise and plaudits for meeting head on. As we in Scotland would say, "We're all Jock Tamson's bairns!", meaning everyone is the same, we are all human beings, regardless of colour, creed or religion.

However there is one subject missing from your initiatives, a subject of the utmost importance, a subject that to date your organisation is Ignoring, a subject that in my opinion is More deserving of your support and involvement than any other, a subject that is prevalent within the sport that you represent and are responsible for as the Governing body over all National European Associates, a Governing body to ensure rules are followed and Respect ,Morals and Ethical values are upheld. The subject that is of Paramount importance is ABUSE, not just abuse that is verbal or constitutes making salutes or gestures.

It is in fact Abuse that is Physical and Psychological and ruin's lives, career's and relationship's. If by now you don't get the bigger picture, the Abuse I am intimating is Child Sexual Abuse. As I have already indicated, it is highly commendable and admirable that you tackle all the derogatory issues that I have mentioned, But it is an absolute Disgrace that to date your organisation has failed to Acknowledge and deal with, in my opinion, a subject that is far more damaging, offensive and Unethical than any other mentioned.

In Scotland there is an endemic National scandal, which for more than 5 decades has been left to fester and germinate, undisputed, unchallenged and ignored by incompetent, immoral, uncompassionate, self centred, authoritative individuals, representative of the sporting, media, religious and political spectrum. This endemic scandal is prevalent predominantly in religion and sport, arguably the two most relevant subjects, that our representative Scottish Government have conveniently excluded from investigation into Historic child sexual abuse, in order to protect votes.

In FACT Sectarianism and Discrimination is endorsed by our representative Scottish Government, when children begin attendance at school from the age of 5, there is a policy of Religious Apartheid allowing separate schooling. There are Roman Catholic schools where only R.C.'s are allowed to attend and the rest of the schools are non-denominational, who welcome all races and religions. So there you have it, Discrimination and Sectarianism festering and germinating from the age of 5 years old, extruding into education, sport and employment.
Our representative Scottish Government are along with U.E.F.A. and S.F.A., Complicit in Ignoring Child Sex Abuse and it's Victims, WHY? F.I.F.A. must address this as a priority. As to date this scandal has been Ignored by U.E.F.A., who have been made aware on numerous occasions and have failed to act.

Incidently your associate representative organisation through U.E.F.A., S.F.A. have for more than 5 decades, been informed and watched from the side lines as paedophiles have been criminally convicted and handed inappropriate jail sentences for child sexual abuse. These 4 convictions in the past year have been the sole responsibility of one football club, Celtic F.C. A club who have known, ignored and covered up the abuse which was perpetrated on their premises, for over 5 decades. Let's stop to digest and quantify 100's of victims over 5 decades, it is actually staggering and disgusting. A self proclaimed "club like no other!", who have shown total disregard and disdain for the 100's of poor victims, tortured and traumatised at the hands of the club like no other's employees, children whose only dream was to play for the club that they "loved", the club that ultimately, destroyed and discarded them. A club that is a member of an association that is under your auspices, that you grant a licence to operate and participate in your premier competitions, do you think that's ethical?

Your organisation has a duty of care, to protect innocent Children . Fortunately for your organisation you still have the chance to right the wrongs, to show compassion, empathy and respect for the victims, uphold your proclaimed Ethical values and tackle this abuse poison with the same commitment and vigour as your other initiatives, punish and sanction the perpetrators responsible for allowing these, abhorrent, reprehensible, heinous crimes.

Look no further than the authorities in U.S.A. , who dealt with the Penn State scandal, which was miniscule in comparison with Scotland's Shame. The U.S. authorities command total respect and admiration for the way they dealt with things. Hopefully for the sake of the future welfare of the 100's of Scottish victims your organisation can deliver Penn State Parity for Scottish victims of child sexual abuse within Scottish football.

This scandal requires your immediate attention and action as a priority and without delay, there are over 20 legal writs Imminently about to be served upon Celtic F.C., also they are to be exposed in a 3 hour series of documentaries which will be screened worldwide, early next year.

Don't miss your chance to tackle this scandal before being exposed as yet another organisation who Knew and did Nothing. Please find a link to a Scottish daily tabloid who had this story on the Front page on Monday 28th October 2019 , which highlights that the abuse was prevalent in the late 1960's, with Celtic F.C. officials and Manager involved with Celtic boys club, transporting players to games and watching them perform.

Celtic Boys' club beast abused young player in toy shop while other man watched

Look Forward to your reply

Yours sincerely

Celtic Boys' club beast abused young player in toy shop while other man ...
Keith McLeod
Gordon Woods has bravely told how Jim Torbett attempted to rape him and then carried out a sex act.

R.K.
Well done for the time and effort

So, what is the figure of compensation that the SNP has in mind for each victim or more appropriately, what is the price of silence?

If ever there was a worthy cause to get behind & really make headlines worldwide there is an opportunity for some sort of crowd funding initiative that would take what would no doubt be a derisory sum & increase the payout to each victim to do the exact opposite of what those shameful leaders of our once proud nation are proposing & give a platform & voice to the victims if they so desire.
Thinking outside the box here I know but if the people of Scotland were putting a call out around the world for assistance in properly compensating victims of this cult it certainly may capture the imagination of a lot of influential people & show these divisive deviants up for what they are really are.

Let them put a price on the silence of a teenager who had a dream only to be dragged into a nightmare which is unfortunately not one they can ever wake up from, they have lived that nightmare over many years, some of them will have found coping mechanisms but guaranteed anyone who has never been sexually abused will never know the true extent of the effects this has had on each individual.

This may be an opportunity for a group of victims supporters to make this request at arms length from Rangers supporters & make it about Scottish people who are disgusted by the thought of the government of the day involving itself in this coverup & trying to buy the silence of victims of child sexual abuse.
Hopefully this would also prick the conscience of those who see it as a Glasgow football issue.

Silence is the realm of the guilty, without it we will have the truth.

What we are seeing in that article reference the SNP’s stance comes as no surprise to us. We have gone “toe to toe” with this poor excuse of a political party for a long time now on this issue.

If the victims choose to go down this path then that’s their prerogative. Remember each individual case will be different, but what I can gather from this article is they are being strongly advised not to do so.

In the coming months we will see a lot of positives and negatives coming out. We have fought with SNP members daily. They are governing a country that has the biggest football scandal to hit world football.

The majority of their members and especially the justice secretary align themselves with this club. This is what we are up against here. We are fighting corruption within a government, and the Catholic cult.

Now some may think we are exaggerating when I say that. They have proved worldwide that they will fight to the death to coverup child abuse.

The SNP’s silence on this issue speaks volumes. We knew this is a path they would try and choose eventually. We will continue to push for an inquiry no matter what along with opposing parties MSP’s.

I’d also like to say to anyone that comes on here and votes for them? I personally would like to say to you, hang your head in shame.

Well said B.N. can somebody please tell me why anybody on here would want to vote snp especially with all the information available as to them helping that mob.

I'm actually surprised they're even trying this angle.

Although, given the lengths they've gone to so far, perhaps I shouldn't be.

I truly hope this blows up in the SNPs face.

No journalist wanting to write this story?

"Bigoted politicians at the centre of a state wide cover up of decades of child abuse" is quite a headline.

Sounds like Dornan has come up with this scheme.

yip, that was the first thing that came to my mind, his covert meetings with the enablers board we have never been told what was discussed or agreed,its surely clear to all right minded individuals that a face saving cover up is being put in place here

His previous tweets about Celtic doing the right thing was more an attempt to protect the club from more severe sanctions rather than any genuine concern for the victims.
I would guess the club have informed him in no uncertain manner that they will contest any attempt to bring them to justice and he’s had to go away and rethink his strategy.

As the majority of you know, we have contacted every MSP on the issue of an inquiry. With the exception of 2 SNP members (one supporting and one against) every other SNP member has stated the “ongoing case” issue and declined to reply if they support an inquiry or not?

With the exception of a couple of Labour MSP’s, the rest of the MSP’s have gave us a positive reply.

At this stage (for now) you’ll understand that by releasing names would be a bad move reference giving anything to the lurker society and lazy journalists from certain media outlets.

Most will remember the last time names were released, the thread was closed down and multiple posts were deleted. We will not gift them with that again.

As the majority of you know, we have contacted every MSP on the issue of an inquiry. With the exception of 2 SNP members (one supporting and one against) every other SNP member has stated the “ongoing case” issue and declined to reply if they support an inquiry or not?

With the exception of a couple of Labour MSP’s, the rest of the MSP’s have gave us a positive reply.

At this stage (for now) you’ll understand that by releasing names would be a bad move reference giving anything to the lurker society and lazy journalists from certain media outlets.

Most will remember the last time names were released, the thread was closed down and multiple posts were deleted. We will not gift them with that again.

It's a damning indictment on the Scottish media that they're not battering down these names to get answer themselves

It is to the shame of Scotland that
this cover up is facilitated by the snp.

Proof that 'independence' really does transcend everything, they'll allow child rape as long as they get votes.

Got an election flyer from my Conservative Westminster MP
Questionnaire on the back. "What would you like to see being done to improve quality of life in your local area?"
Replied " hold an independent inquiry into child sexual abuse within Scottish football to ensure a safe and healthy future for all the children in my area and all of Scotland"
Free post envelope included goes to Conservative HQ Edinburgh.
Would encourage all bears to do same if you get one of these flyers.

Ross Thomson was one of the supporters at Westminster for an independent inquiry into child abuse in Scottish football. I have to say I'm disappointed with him not standing for re-election.
Doesn’t make much sense this mate - he’s twice been accused of sexual assault. His replacement will hopefully support the inquiry

Ross Thomson was one of the supporters at Westminster for an independent inquiry into child abuse in Scottish football. I have to say I'm disappointed with him not standing for re-election.
You are sorry that a guy accused of multiple sexual assaults is not running for re-election. Seriously? On this thread?

Isn’t he been accused of sexual assault? Why would you be disappointed with him not being an MP ?
Surely you should be disappointed with his conduct for an elected figure?

Email to John Swinney

To:John.swinney.msp@parliament.scot

4 Nov at 16:20

Dear John,
As a loyal S.N.P. voter I feel the need to write to you, in your capacity of Deputy First Minister, to convey my grave concerns at the road our party are going down at the moment. With the case of our former leader Alex Salmond due to commence in the near future, I was extremely disturbed to read an “exclusive” in Yesterday’s Sun on Sunday newspaper 03/11/2019, which highlighted a new document published by yourself.

This document was portrayed as a “cash for silence!” payout with reference to the poor victims of historical Child sex abuse predominantly within Religious, sporting and care organisations, two of which we chose to omit from investigation?

I am of the opinion John, that this is a crass judgement and a shocking state of affairs, which indicates a severe lack of empathy or compassion to the poor victims of this abuse. And to suggest an “award” of £10000 it is utterly shameful and embarrassing.
How can you put a price on being a victim of child sex abuse?, some of the victims John, have lost family, friends, partners, relationships, employment and ultimately lives through suicide.

Self esteem, confidence and trust all shot to pieces and some victims of drug and alcohol abuse all due to the abuse suffered as innocent children, how would you feel if it were You John, £10000 and an instruction to silence for evermore, could you happily accept that?
The poor victims require apology, counselling and support along with substancial financial compensation, not a gagging order and a paltry £10k to make them disappear.

On reading this “exclusive” it suggests to me that the taxpayer will fund the poor victims with a paltry amount of cash, in return for their silence and protection for the perpetrators. How can you John and our party sit comfortable and sleep at night with this proposal? It goes against all morals and ethics of a civilised law abiding society and it will Ultimately cost us votes.

I also note that recently there has been a targeted campaign by a certain section of the public to call for a Full Independent Public Inquiry into Historical Child Sex Abuse within Scottish Football, which has germinated for over 5 decades, quite astounding John the timescale involved and still no justice.

The silence from our Government on this high profile scandal is deafening, why are we ignoring it John? We are providing ammunition to our opponents by our ignorance on this subject and in my opinion it will lead to the demise of our party and our ultimate aim for an Independent Scotland.

The child abuse scandal coupled with the Alex Salmond case is a catalyst for political disaster if we fail to address and deal with them comprehensively and justly. At the moment all I hear is talk of us being complicit in the endorsement of Child Sex Abuse and Sex Offences with reference to the Scottish Football and Alex Salmond affairs, due to our inaction and silence.

For the sake of the integrity of our party and the protection of the image of a caring and proactive Government, please John, ditch this mentalist proposal of “cash for silence”, it is akin to you or I abusing a child in the knowledge that we will be afforded protection and anonymity whilst the taxpayer picks up the “award” for paltry compensation, it is actually a disgraceful and sickening idea.

Please John for the sake of our dream, don’t ignore these subjects and ditch your proposal.

Look forward to your thoughts and reply
Yours in Independence

R.K.

Last edited:
Email to John Swinney

To:John.swinney.msp@parliament.scot

4 Nov at 16:20

Dear John,
As a loyal S.N.P. voter I feel the need to write to, in your capacity of Deputy First Minister, to convey my grave concerns at the road our party are going down at the moment. With the case of our former leader Alex Salmond due to commence in the near future, I was extremely disturbed to read an “exclusive” in Yesterday’s Sun on Sunday newspaper 03/11/2019, which highlighted a new document published by yourself.

This document was portrayed as a “cash for silence!” payout with reference to the poor victims of historical Child sex abuse predominantly within Religious, sporting and care organisations, two of which we chose to omit from investigation?

I am of the opinion John, that this is a crass judgement and a shocking state of affairs, which indicates a severe lack of empathy or compassion to the poor victims of this abuse. And to suggest an “award” of £10000 it is utterly shameful and embarrassing.
How can you put a price on being a victim of child sex abuse?, some of the victims John, have lost family, friends, partners, relationships, employment and ultimately lives through suicide.

Self esteem, confidence and trust all shot to pieces and some victims of drug and alcohol abuse all due to the abuse suffered as innocent children, how would you feel if it were You John, £10000 and an instruction to silence for evermore, could you happily accept that?
The poor victims require apology, counselling and support along with substancial financial compensation, not a gagging order and a paltry £10k to make them disappear.

On reading this “exclusive” it suggests to me that the taxpayer will fund the poor victims with a paltry amount of cash, in return for their silence and protection for the perpetrators. How can you John and our party sit comfortable and sleep at night with this proposal? It goes against all morals and ethics of a civilised law abiding society and it will Ultimately cost us votes.

I also note that recently there has been a targeted campaign by a certain section of the public to call for a Full Independent Public Inquiry into Historical Child Sex Abuse within Scottish Football, which has germinated for over 5 decades, quite astounding John the timescale involved and still no justice.

The silence from our Government on this high profile scandal is deafening, why are we ignoring it John? We are providing ammunition to our opponents by our ignorance on this subject and in my opinion it will lead to the demise of our party and our ultimate aim for an Independent Scotland.

The child abuse scandal coupled with the Alex Salmond case is a catalyst for political disaster if we fail to address and deal with them comprehensively and justly. At the moment all I hear is talk of us being complicit in the endorsement of Child Sex Abuse and Sex Offences with reference to the Scottish Football and Alex Salmond affairs, due to our inaction and silence.

For the sake of the integrity of our party and the protection of the image of a caring and proactive Government, please John, ditch this mentalist proposal of “cash for silence”, it is akin to you or I abusing a child in the knowledge that we will be afforded protection and anonymity whilst the taxpayer picks up the “award” for paltry compensation, it is actually a disgraceful and sickening idea.

Please John for the sake of our dream, don’t ignore these subjects and ditch your proposal.
Look forward to your thoughts and reply
Yours in Independence
R.K.
Well done RK.

Well done RK.
I detest the SNP and how they are dividing my country, but I am amazed they have become so clearly involved in this situation and in such a way as to help the guilty parties.
Possible reasoning behind this might be that with an election coming up they are making an active play for the Ceptic vote as they know they won't get many from the Rangers side.
Whatever their reasons, it seems an obvious own goal which any decent opposition MPs should be able to exploit.
I would expect most of the people abused will want to see all the guilty parties caught and punished before money is discussed, and that's partly why I think this is electioneering by the SNP. Surely they know that the abused can get justice and money and don't need to choose one over the other.

I detest the SNP and how they are dividing my country, but I am amazed they have become so clearly involved in this situation and in such a way as to help the guilty parties.
Possible reasoning behind this might be that with an election coming up they are making an active play for the Ceptic vote as they know they won't get many from the Rangers side.
Whatever their reasons, it seems an obvious own goal which any decent opposition MPs should be able to exploit.
I would expect most of the people abused will want to see all the guilty parties caught and punished before money is discussed, and that's partly why I think this is electioneering by the SNP. Surely they know that the abused can get justice and money and don't need to choose one over the other.
It’s clear to see that the SNP rely on the republican vote even before the election was called. They have one aim and one aim only and that is independence.

The justice secretary has shown absolutely nothing to the victims and families. If he goes after his beloved club looking for answers, then he loses the republican vote. It’s as simple as that.

Cash for silence ? as that well known and now deceased comedian would say " That's a cracker " and surely to God Westminster would slaughter them for trying to win votes with that statement . Is that the price the SNP put on the sexual abuse of children and the complete destruction of lives . Holy F*ck , that is an absolute insult to all the victims , BTW RK , excellent letter to that clown ! ps. Never knew you supported them ! ;)

Cash for silence ? as that well known and now deceased comedian would say " That's a cracker " and surely to God Westminster would slaughter them for trying to win votes with that statement . Is that the price the SNP put on the sexual abuse of children and the complete destruction of lives . Holy F*ck , that is an absolute insult to all the victims , BTW RK , excellent letter to that clown ! ps. Never knew you supported them ! ;)

Funny Alex :D

I am astounded by this, totally astounded. The only positive is that it has come out before the election, but who can actually use it? Labour want the Keltic vote as much as the SNP do, are they going to do the right thing? Even if the Tories put this on every lamp post in Scotland, is it reflected in the ballot box against the block vote?

Oh I'm an avid supporter mate, you know it makes sense:cool:

Back