Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

That is truly unbelievable we can’t be the only ones who are shocked the snp would do this there surely must be other people in power who see what’s going on here they won’t be getting my vote that’s for damn sure scumbags the lot of them it just makes you wonder why they want to keep the whole thing secret and how far this actually goes.

Hold on a fùcking minute!
Am I reading this right?

The snp will pay compensation for sellicks victims as long as they stay quiet?
No, the taxpayers will pay compensation, as long as they stay quiet. Absolute shite, why should you the tax payer, pay compensation just to keep celtics paedo ring quiet. Unfuching believable.

A demonstration is needed now, before the election.

It horrifies me to think this lot have stooped to this depth to try and bury what is a truly shocking period in this country’s history, what does it take to get this out there and get voters to vote these parasites out, sick to the pit of my stomach with what is going on.

I posted that article on FB, I rarely post anything to do with Independence, SNP anymore as I can't be arsed with the fallout but as soon as I posted it the hordes naturally swarmed. Coming out with the usual pish that it's right wing spin from the Tories and it's typical that it's so close to a General Election.

Simply put, another example that no matter the number of victims, literally hundreds, it doesn't matter when it puts a blot on the SNP's so brilliant landscape.

I fucking hate what Scotland has become right now.

I posted that article on FB, I rarely post anything to do with Independence, SNP anymore as I can't be arsed with the fallout but as soon as I posted it the hordes naturally swarmed. Coming out with the usual pish that it's right wing spin from the Tories and it's typical that it's so close to a General Election.

Simply put, another example that no matter the number of victims, literally hundreds, it doesn't matter when it puts a blot on the SNP's so brilliant landscape.

I fucking hate what Scotland has become right now.

100% agree Chopper.

It horrifies me to think this lot have stooped to this depth to try and bury what is a truly shocking period in this country’s history, what does it take to get this out there and get voters to vote these parasites out, sick to the pit of my stomach with what is going on.
We have fought this poor excuse of a political party for month’s now Davy. Nothing will get in the way of their independent Scotland, not even child abuse.

They will not stand against what’s gone on at Celtic for the obvious fear they will lose the republican vote.

They are about to take Scotland down a very dangerous path and they need to be voted out. It sickens me that amongst us there are people who vote for them.

We have argued for a motion to be raised in parliament and the reply the SNP give us is the “ongoing cases” issue. They say the can’t hold an inquiry while this is going on. This simply isn’t true. We have sent them this in black and white and received no reply.

Personally due to the experience of dealing with them on a near daily basis, I’m actually scared of them getting in again. Tactical voting is the only way to get rid of them.

We have fought this poor excuse of a political party for month’s now Davy. Nothing will get in the way of their independent Scotland, not even child abuse.

They will not stand against what’s gone on at Celtic for the obvious fear they will lose the republican vote.

They are about to take Scotland down a very dangerous path and they need to be voted out. It sickens me that amongst us there are people who vote for them.

We have argued for a motion to be raised in parliament and the reply the SNP give us is the “ongoing cases” issue. They say the can’t hold an inquiry while this is going on. This simply isn’t true. We have sent them this in black and white and received no reply.

Personally due to the experience of dealing with them on a near daily basis, I’m actually scared of them getting in again. Tactical voting is the only way to get rid of them.

In a relatively short space of time, this country will become a very dangerous place to live if they ever manage to gain independence .

This from the the instituteforgovernment.org. One of the members in the background sent them this after we were told an inquiry cannot run while there is an “ongoing case”

Judges have been the preferred choice to chair most public inquiries since 1990 (see Figure 4). Out of the 68 public inquiries run between 1990 and 2017, 44 had/have judicial chairs.* There are many reasons why judges are such a popular choice, with several commonly cited strengths including:

• political independence
• experience of running hearings
• the ability to analyse information and uncover facts
• the benefit of legal experience in instances when an inquiry is running concurrently with criminal proceedings
• an understanding of legal and procedural complexity.

Last edited:
This from the the institute from government.org. One of the members in the background sent them this after we were told an inquiry cannot run while there is an “ongoing case”

Judges have been the preferred choice to chair most public inquiries since 1990 (see Figure 4). Out of the 68 public inquiries run between 1990 and 2017, 44 had/have judicial chairs.* There are many reasons why judges are such a popular choice, with several commonly cited strengths including:

• political independence
• experience of running hearings
• the ability to analyse information and uncover facts
• the benefit of legal experience in instances when an inquiry is running concurrently with criminal proceedings
• an understanding of legal and procedural complexity.
Why are the Conservatives not all over this?

Theres so many things the opposition parties should be calling them out on and they don’t.

We need as many people as possible to throw this back at the SNP. The full document on public inquiries is here:

Page 18 is the relevant page.

An inquiry can start during criminal proceedings but the final report cannot be released until all cases are over.

Like karbear has mentioned, there is so much more the opposition parties should be doing. We have also received positive replies from Labour. One even raising a parliamentary question on this issue, for it to be met with a standard reply from the justice secretary.

We have the majority of MSP’s ( who we have contacted) supporting a motion. So the question to them is why not raise it?

Like karbear has mentioned, there is so much more the opposition parties should be doing. We have also received positive replies from Labour. One even raising a parliamentary question on this issue, for it to be met with a standard reply from the justice secretary.

We have the majority of MSP’s ( who we have contacted) supporting a motion. So the question to them is why not raise it?
Have you had an answer to that question?

Because Labour lost power when it lost the Keltic vote. SNP got it when they got it. Labour courted that vote for 100 years, not just the recent past when Salmond figured it out. Labour would love nothing better than return to the past when they could be assured of that block of votes. IMHO, no Labour or SNP politician will be allowed to break ranks with this, any Tory will be branded a bigot.

The only surprise is Labour didn't think of the scheme first.

Because Labour lost power when it lost the Keltic vote. SNP got it when they got it. Labour courted that vote for 100 years, not just the recent past when Salmond figured it out. Labour would love nothing better than return to the past when they could be assured of that block of votes. IMHO, no Labour or SNP politician will be allowed to break ranks with this, any Tory will be branded a bigot.

The only surprise is Labour didn't think of the scheme first.
I don't follow the perception that the catholic vote wins the S.N.P. power, as far as i'm aware the catholic population is around 17% of the Scottish population, maybe expanded in recent years to 20% due to the influx of Poles, so I would think that there are too many Protestant's and Highlanders possibly who are giving them the power, we need to spread the word to our own kind to force change.

Have you had an answer to that question?
James Kelly's question: 'To ask the Scottish Government what steps it will take to ensure that incidents of historic child abuse in football are fully investigated and proportionately penalised.'

Answered by Humza Yousaf (07/10/2019):
'Any allegations are for Police Scotland to investigate, and sentencing in individual cases is a matter for the court – with life imprisonment the maximum penalty for the most serious offences involving the sexual abuse of children.

The Scottish Government unreservedly condemns the abhorrent crime of sexual abuse, and we are working closely with a range of organisations to ensure all children can enjoy playing football in a safe and secure environment.'

Worth pointing out this was only a written parliamentary question so was not asked in the Chamber at Holyrood. The answer would be prepared by a civil servant and signed off by Yousaf. An oral question would be far more effective as Yousaf would have to answer the question in person and then Kelly would have the opportunity to ask a supplementary question in response which Yousaf would not have had sight of. Sadly Kelly only submitting a written question was a bit of a cop out. Remember, this is the MSP who stood up at FMQs and asked about Lennon's jacket being hit by a coin. That was more important to him than an inquiry into decades of child abuse.

Swinney needs taken to task for his comments,what he says should be political suicide and should bring the party to its knee’s and that is not even to start in all the way back WHO decided to exclude sporting institutions,this plan goes way back just like the abuse and the cover up of the cover up playing out before our eye’s.

that regime needs toppled.

So if Cairney’s last chance of appeal due on Dec14th that to my understanding is last legal process in place,so I imagine the 20 test cases talked about won’t go till after that.

So after Dec12th GE where will we stand?

@BSIII you made a good point earlier about questions being raised orally instead of being written and confronted head on at parliament and to stop it being looked over.

We NEED an MP to orally ask this question,but why is no one jumping on Swinney and toppling the hierarchy,the pack of rats need to start to fall one by one and Swinney should leading the line walking the plank.

Last edited:
We’ve had no response from the SNP when challenging them with the “ongoing case” issue.
It looks to me that pestering politicians, although admirable, isn't going to work. They don't give a fxxx about anything but being elected and re-elected. So the only worthwhile target is the voters. From what I've seen and read, it's not going to improve any time soon.

It looks to me that pestering politicians, although admirable, isn't going to work. They don't give a fxxx about anything but being elected and re-elected. So the only worthwhile target is the voters. From what I've seen and read, it's not going to improve any time soon.
Wait until they are named and shamed when the time is right see what excuse we get then

So the SNP plan on using tax payers money to protect paedophiles and those that enabled and also covered up their crimes ? That is truly disgusting. Now not only do we not know if this widespread ring of child abusers is still operating but now the party in power want to effectively cover up and prevent any investigation into this ring and those involved with it...

So the SNP plan on using tax payers money to protect paedophiles and those that enabled and also covered up their crimes ? That is truly disgusting. Now not only do we not know if this widespread ring of child abusers is still operating but now the party in power want to effectively cover up and prevent any investigation into this ring and those involved with it...
Could this be argued that it is a state subsidy which maybe against footballing laws?

I don't follow the perception that the catholic vote wins the S.N.P. power, as far as i'm aware the catholic population is around 17% of the Scottish population, maybe expanded in recent years to 20% due to the influx of Poles, so I would think that there are too many Protestant's and Highlanders possibly who are giving them the power, we need to spread the word to our own kind to force change.
I take your point, however, remember how large a portion of that percentage votes, and how large a swing that was away from Labour.

anyway, that discussion is for another thread.

Tonight a Scottish Government spokeswoman said: “We have made no judgments or conclusions as to how the redress scheme should be established or operate.

“We would encourage as many people as possible to respond to the consultation. Their views will help inform this hugely important work.”

We’ve had no response from the SNP when challenging them with the “ongoing case” issue.
There was a very quick response to get Rangers dumped into the lower leagues though for a paltry bloody tax case . Funny how nobody from the dark side wants to move their arse into gear to upset celtc by booting them out of football permanently for their horrific cover ups of child abuse . You really have got to wonder what kind of sick twisted bastards are running the show in this shambles of a once proud Nation :mad: .

Last edited:
Tonight a Scottish Government spokeswoman said: “We have made no judgments or conclusions as to how the redress scheme should be established or operate.

“We would encourage as many people as possible to respond to the consultation. Their views will help inform this hugely important work.”

This all sounds very much like full on deflection and stalling tactics from the SNP government which suits Celtic just perfectly.

This all sounds very much like full on deflection and stalling tactics from the SNP government which suits Celtic just perfectly.
The timing is very convenient for a certain Iri..oops ! Scottish football Club .

Don’t understand that claim, the longer they take to bring in legalisation the longer victims have to go to court. Also this scheme is not compulsory, you can pursue a claim through the courts.
It’s all about muddying the waters. Confuse the victims into which approach would likely prove most fruitful. But without any actual compensation course in action, this can yet drag on for years with a greater chance that the victims memory becomes more muddled, or dementia sets in, or even in some cases, death, as heartless as this sounds.
Celtic and the SNP are in cahoots here, and it seems they are intending to bunker down for the long game. The very long game.

According to "Inflation Tool” : £ 10,000 in 1970 would be equivalent to £132,847 in 2019 . Personally speaking I don’t think any lawyer worth his salt would be advising any victim to accept that paltry figure for what they have suffered . So looks like your on to plums Mr. Swinney with your bright suggestions , quite an insult to those who suffered at the hands of those despicable animals .

According to "Inflation Tool” : £ 10,000 in 1970 would be equivalent to £132,847 in 2019 . Personally speaking I don’t think any lawyer worth his salt would be advising any victim to accept that paltry figure for what they have suffered . So looks like your on to plums Mr. Swinney with your bright suggestions , quite an insult to those who suffered at the hands of those despicable animals .
Am I right In saying comp for crimes like this are limited in Scotland to a very low amount?

If there is anyone on this forum who would even consider voting SNP then they can fuck right off !

I have been quiet for a while as I just cannot find another angle to pursue here.

A quick look at Scottish demographics shows that the rhabid SNP support should only be around 17%, yet they win most seats in Holyrood and at UK elections.

There are some seriously stupid people bolstering the Nats support. I personally cannot understand it, and it frustrates the hell out of me.

The problem with posting on here is that we are generally preaching to the converted.

I would propose that we redirect our energies towards screwing the republicanists at the next election.

I really think that, as far as the aims of this thread are concerned, not much will happen until compensation cases are heard or the documentaries are aired. I am in no way trying to undervalue the daily efforts of fellow bears, but I do feel that we can use our energies more effectively by utilising our new found skills at the forthcoming election in an endeavour to shape the political future of our country.

If there is anyone on this forum who would even consider voting SNP then they can fuck right off !

I have been quiet for a while as I just cannot find another angle to pursue here.

A quick look at Scottish demographics shows that the rhabid SNP support should only be around 17%, yet they win most seats in Holyrood and at UK elections.

There are some seriously stupid people bolstering the Nats support. I personally cannot understand it, and it frustrates the hell out of me.

The problem with posting on here is that we are generally preaching to the converted.

I would propose that we redirect our energies towards screwing the republicanists at the next election.

I really think that, as far as the aims of this thread are concerned, not much will happen until compensation cases are heard or the documentaries are aired. I am in no way trying to undervalue the daily efforts of fellow bears, but I do feel that we can use our energies more effectively by utilising our new found skills at the forthcoming election in an endeavour to shape the political future of our country.
I can agree with some of what your saying but not all of it. Even though sometimes it may look that the thread is going round in circles, I can assure quite a lot does not go on the thread.
I completely agree with you that there are some amongst us that do vote for the SNP. I also agree they should hang their heads in shame.
Good to see you back btw.

The only way to screw the republican vote as you say is to vote tactically in marginal constituencies, which mine is (450 votes in Inverclyde) and that would mean me voting Labour to oust the SNP which I really cant stomach so for me like others on here I am stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea, I will be sticking to my guns in the hope that the tory vote increases as I think the tories will be the only party to tackle this disgusting thing head on, hopefully these cases come to the fore sooner rather than later.

Bluenose94

I have nothing but admiration for you and our associates. I am not talking about an abandonment of current efforts. I am talking about using the next month to attempt to shape the result of the next election.

When you consider all that has been done to attempt to resolve the single issue of child abuse within CFC and CBC, you would agree that we have not won the battle. The most robust barrier to our success is the Republican Government of Scotland.

If we can short circuit the whole process by using our new found campaigning techniques towards obtaining the correct election result, then we have a win/win situation,

If we cannot destroy the Nats now, then I would seriously consider selling up and moving to Cumbria. I really do not think that I can face another re-run of the 2014 referendum.

I remain confident that justice for the boys will come but I think that we can accelerate the end point by refocusing our efforts for a month.

You know me. I will stand with anyone that stands against the views of the SNP and also the Irish republican movement that has poisoned our shores. I have made no secret of that.

When it comes to the subject of this thread then it’s obvious the level of corruption in the SNP has stalled us on more than one occasion on our search for justice.

You also know that we are in a daily battle with certain party members, and my only concern would be deviating the thread away from what we are already doing in the background.

Admin have stepped in on more than one occasion to reiterate this. Believe me that is my only concern.

This thing about the Natzi's having the taxpayer paying compensation. I am pretty certain the UEFA/FIFA have a law in place that states that politics/politicians should never get involved in the sport. I am more than happy to be corrected. However if there is such a law in place, surely this breaks that law?

Last edited:
Perverting the course of justice no less.
I’m actually glad they’re trying to do this scummy buy out. Means SNP are guilty covering Celtic pedo ring. Some people will take the money as they wouldn’t want to go public anyway so they can get some cash and people like the Gray family wouldn’t even take a million pounds to stay silent so it’ll never work

Back