Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Email to Adam Tomkins,Willie Rennie & Richard Leonard

To:adam.tomkins.msp@parliament.scot

6 Nov at 17:25

Dear Adam,
I emailed you on Monday 4th November 2019 , regarding the proposal by John Swinney suggesting that the Scottish taxpayer foots the compensation bill for victims who were sexually abused within Scottish football, religious and care organisations.

What is wrong with this country? For over 5 decades children have been sexually abused and the silence has been deafening.

Now when the Spotlight is on Celtic F.C. there is a clamour by the S.N.P. Government to pay for their crimes , WHY? Why should the taxpayer pay for the crimes of a corrupt organisation and then demand, that the victim sign’s a gagging order? What kind of society are we living in? Do you think this is acceptable?

Cash for silence, what are the S.N.P. trying to keep silent? Who are the S.N.P. protecting? What are the results of Peter Lawwells secret 2 year internal investigation? Why did the S.F.A. appoint Martin Henry to lead their inquiry into child sex abuse within Scottish Football with reference to the character of his former accomplices and employers?

These are all pertinent questions that need answered and are the reason we need a Fully Independent Inquiry into historic child sex abuse within Scottish football.
Why will none of you ask these questions? Who or what are you afraid of?

As opposition M.P.’s you have a unique chance especially with a forthcoming General Election, to expose Swinney and his party, to show them up for what they are, low life, immoral, unethical, uncaring, self centred scumbags, whose only interest is gaining Independence and ruining our country.

Do none of you have the balls to challenge Nicola and her cohorts? I’m getting angry now, the whole lot of you in Holyrood are a Disgrace to your profession and to the Electorate, not to mention an Absolute let down to the poor victims who have been silenced for 5 decades, victims of a reprehensible, unimaginable crime.

If you are all content to ignore and remain silent, then in my opinion you are ALL as complicit as the disgusting perpetrators and enablers, what was once a proud prosperous nation, is now a laughing stock and a haven for undesirables, criminals and sex offenders and people who want to complain and be offended at everything and anything, you are not slow in listening to the wrong ones.

Thanks to the S.N.P. the police and justice system are dysfunctional, public services , healthcare and welfare are a disgrace, thanks in part to You the Opposition, who won’t challenge or speak out against the corrupt S.N.P. Government, WHY?

As per normal I don’t expect the decency of a reply and if this is the case, I will compile my correspondence along with all the other emails that have been IGNORED to produce when the time comes to Show , Who Condoned and Who Condemned, I Know I would rather be in the latter.

Yours Sincerely
R.K.

Dear Adam,
I emailed you on Monday 4th November 2019 , regarding the proposal by John Swinney suggesting that the Scottish taxpayer foots the compensation bill for victims who were sexually abused within Scottish football, religious and care organisations.

What is wrong with this country? For over 5 decades children have been sexually abused and the silence has been deafening.

Now when the Spotlight is on Celtic F.C. there is a clamour by the S.N.P. Government to pay for their crimes , WHY? Why should the taxpayer pay for the crimes of a corrupt organisation and then demand, that the victim sign’s a gagging order? What kind of society are we living in? Do you think this is acceptable?

Cash for silence, what are the S.N.P. trying to keep silent? Who are the S.N.P. protecting? What are the results of Peter Lawwells secret 2 year internal investigation? Why did the S.F.A. appoint Martin Henry to lead their inquiry into child sex abuse within Scottish Football with reference to the character of his former accomplices and employers?

These are all pertinent questions that need answered and are the reason we need a Fully Independent Inquiry into historic child sex abuse within Scottish football.

As opposition M.P.’s you have a unique chance especially with a forthcoming General Election, to expose Swinney and his party, to show them up for what they are, low life, immoral, unethical, uncaring, self centred scumbags, whose only interest is gaining Independence and ruining our country.

Do none of you have the balls to challenge Nicola and her cohorts? I’m getting angry now, the whole lot of you in Holyrood are a Disgrace to your profession and to the Electorate, not to mention an Absolute let down to the poor victims who have been silenced for 5 decades, victims of a reprehensible, unimaginable crime.

If you are all content to ignore and remain silent, then in my opinion you are ALL as complicit as the disgusting perpetrators and enablers, what was once a proud prosperous nation, is now a laughing stock and a haven for undesirables, criminals and sex offenders and people who want to complain and be offended at everything and anything, you are not slow in listening to the wrong ones.

Thanks to the S.N.P. the police and justice system are dysfunctional, public services , healthcare and welfare are a disgrace, thanks in part to You the Opposition, who won’t challenge or speak out against the corrupt S.N.P. Government, WHY?

As per normal I don’t expect the decency of a reply and if this is the case, I will compile my correspondence along with all the other emails that have been IGNORED to produce when the time comes to Show , Who Condoned and Who Condemned, I Know I would rather be in the latter.

Yours Sincerely
R.K.
Like it mate, wish i could write letters like that i would go after the lot of they bastards

Dear Adam,

Yours Sincerely
R.K.

Top man RK.

Just seen a big STV tea-time news item about a convicted child abuser who has been found to be running a kids go-karting operation. It seems they are now calling into question the whole of Scottish motor sport over the exposure of this one guy.
Much as it may be a sensible precaution to take, it's most peculiar then that the same STV (along with the rest of the mhedia) are strangely silent when a single high profile fitba club has no less than SIX convicted paedophiles associated with it over a period of half a century.

Dear Adam,

Yours Sincerely
R.K.
Another fine piece of work from RK.

Dear Adam,

Yours Sincerely
R.K.
Boom!!!!! brilliant letter Bro.

A leaflet drop at a home game before the election tell everybody the plans for getting rid of these cvnts once and for all
I was thinking the exact same way. We have got to remember not every season ticket holder { especially older bears} are on this site and we really need to get it out to all just what is at stake here . Do we really want to become THE REPUBLIC OF SCOTLAND.???

I was thinking the exact same way. We have got to remember not every season ticket holder { especially older bears} are on this site and we really need to get it out to all just what is at stake here . Do we really want to become THE REPUBLIC OF SCOTLAND.???

Agree Denzie.

As BN94 has said for months if we don’t get the message widened & quickly this country could be gone.

Useless and heggerty are on question time tomorrow night. I hope they get hit with some good questions.
What an opportunity this could be for someone to finally ask these bias incompetent politicians the correct questions regarding this matter. They have been shamelessly ignoring it so far, it would be pretty hard to ignore when asked infront of an audience and tv cameras. How do they choose who gets to be in the crowd?

An updated tactical voting guide. They’ve taken recent polls and the EU election into account and there seems to be a lot more blue on this one.

Let’s get it shared and get rid of these charlatans. It’s the first step to getting an inquiry.
Please remember our aim is to get the inquiry into that rancid club and the apologists that support them. For this to happen we need to rid this country of the nationalists/republicans from office that stand in the way of justice.

If any bears are interested in this idea, funding wise, distributing leaflets, creative skills, or whatever, please PM me ?

A few of us have already committed to helping with funds. Not a great deal of money required so anyone who can spare a few quid please contact Grigo. It might just help save us all from the relentless, tedious and downright dangerous Indy campaign.

Said it before and will say it again...
This will run deeper than just Celtic.
Police, Judges, Celibrities, Politicians will all be part of this perverted smorgasbord. Sure there might be one last TV hoorah but then that will be it. There won't be an iota of meaningful investigation nor punishment here.

Children’s tsar says clubs exploit young footballers

Scotland’s children’s commissioner has accused football clubs of exploiting youngsters and using them as financial assets in transfer deals.
Bruce Adamson will write to ministers and register his “disgust” at the practices in youth football, three years after his predecessor said that urgent action was required. In 2016 Tam Baillie demanded a crackdown after Celtic fielded Karamoko Dembélé in an under-20s match at the age of 13.

He said: “There is a real concern about the imbalance of power between business and children . . . there is restrictions on movement and they are seen as assets. Children don’t have the same political or economic power as adults so there is an inherent imbalance, and when you start to include the commercial interests related to football, and the power that they have, that imbalance becomes even more prominent.”
Mr Adamson said that children wanting to become professional footballers were “open to economic exploitation and the risk of harm”.

Johann Lamont, a Labour MSP, said: “Young people are manipulated. They’re financially exploited, vulnerable. There are cases of abuse where young people have talked about that power relationship and what the footballing coach can do to you, and what that meant for your dreams.

The Scottish government said that it was waiting for the committee’s report on the issue “and will consider its findings carefully”.

Children’s tsar says clubs exploit young footballers

Scotland’s children’s commissioner has accused football clubs of exploiting youngsters and using them as financial assets in transfer deals.
Bruce Adamson will write to ministers and register his “disgust” at the practices in youth football, three years after his predecessor said that urgent action was required. In 2016 Tam Baillie demanded a crackdown after Celtic fielded Karamoko Dembélé in an under-20s match at the age of 13.

He said: “There is a real concern about the imbalance of power between business and children . . . there is restrictions on movement and they are seen as assets. Children don’t have the same political or economic power as adults so there is an inherent imbalance, and when you start to include the commercial interests related to football, and the power that they have, that imbalance becomes even more prominent.”
Mr Adamson said that children wanting to become professional footballers were “open to economic exploitation and the risk of harm”.

Johann Lamont, a Labour MSP, said: “Young people are manipulated. They’re financially exploited, vulnerable. There are cases of abuse where young people have talked about that power relationship and what the footballing coach can do to you, and what that meant for your dreams.

The Scottish government said that it was waiting for the committee’s report on the issue “and will consider its findings carefully”.
They do not mention sexual abuse in the article but a lot of the same dynamics at play. If this issue is brought up it the Scottish Parliament it could be an opportunity.

The only way to screw the republican vote as you say is to vote tactically in marginal constituencies, which mine is (450 votes in Inverclyde) and that would mean me voting Labour to oust the SNP which I really cant stomach so for me like others on here I am stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea, I will be sticking to my guns in the hope that the tory vote increases as I think the tories will be the only party to tackle this disgusting thing head on, hopefully these cases come to the fore sooner rather than later.

I am thinking they got so many of their own in politics because they are joining the parties at local level and get to vote in party elections to elect who stands for MP (MSP) councillor, this would certainly explain why so many of them are in those positions.

Perhaps we need to try and do the same.

Might be easier and take less people to influence an election for who stands for each party in that constituancy than to influence the actual elections.

I can not believe the Scottish Tories are not all over this like a rash.The general public probably know very little about the abuse at Celtic Park. When they do it will be a massive vote winner for the Tories. Am I missing something here?
I don't live in Glasgow but surely the local Conservitive Assoc would welcome our involvement on match days.
Any one been in touch? with them?

I can not believe the Scottish Tories are not all over this like a rash.The general public probably know very little about the abuse at Celtic Park. When they do it will be a massive vote winner for the Tories. Am I missing something here?

I was talking to a Hibs fan who detests the SNP and any mention of independence and he genuinely didn’t know anything of the Celtic abuse case when I brought it up.

The must know plenty about the abuse by now.
It’s been in every paper.
What they don’t know about is how the victims have been treated, the separate entity fiasco, the lack of a will for an inquiry, the reasoning why there is that lack of will, the lack of condemnation for and of this from the country’s government, more so from Sturgeon and Yousaf, the scandal of the two year internal investigation by one entity into another, apparently.
(If the purpose of this was anything other than to ensure all links to septic could be quashed, I’m a Dutchman).
And, second most importantly, this recent proposal of cash for silence.
Get this information out in the open, especially regarding the victims and they proposed pay-offs, and I’m sure we’ll see a major change of opinion and influence on this.

The must know plenty about the abuse by now.
It’s been in every paper.
What they don’t know about is how the victims have been treated, the separate entity fiasco, the lack of a will for an inquiry, the reasoning why there is that lack of will, the lack of condemnation for and of this from the country’s government, more so from Sturgeon and Yousaf, the scandal of the two year internal investigation by one entity into another, apparently.
(If the purpose of this was anything other than to ensure all links to septic could be quashed, I’m a Dutchman).
And, second most importantly, this recent proposal of cash for silence.
Get this information out in the open, especially regarding the victims and they proposed pay-offs, and I’m sure we’ll see a major change of opinion and influence on this.
Like Celtic, Humza and sturgeon want nothing more than for this to go away. We will not let that happen. The “cash for silence” proposal, I think a few victims may possibly take this offer as you’ll appreciate each individual case will be different.

We have to remember that some victims will want closure. The situation for them has dragged on for years. I personally hope that no victim takes up this offer as it’s an insult imo.

When the documentary is aired then I believe this country will wake up to what’s gone on at that disgusting excuse for a football club. Not only this country but the whole football world will see for themselves what Celtic have covered up.

In the meantime we are doing everything we can to bring this to light. To get people to stand up and notice. One thing that we have learnt on this issue especially, is we have to rid our country of the SNP. Votes before justice is their policy and a vision of a republic of Scotland.

Nothing will get in the way of their independence idea. They need the republican vote to do so and that’s why there has been no inquiry into Celtic Football Club. We need to fight that and defeat it.

Like Celtic, Humza and sturgeon want nothing more than for this to go away. We will not let that happen. The “cash for silence” proposal, I think a few victims may possibly take this offer as you’ll appreciate each individual case will be different.

We have to remember that some victims will want closure. The situation for them has dragged on for years. I personally hope that no victim takes up this offer as it’s an insult imo.

When the documentary is aired then I believe this country will wake up to what’s gone on at that disgusting excuse for a football club. Not only this country but the whole football world will see for themselves what Celtic have covered up.

In the meantime we are doing everything we can to bring this to light. To get people to stand up and notice. One thing that we have learnt on this issue especially, is we have to rid our country of the SNP. Votes before justice is their policy and a vision of a republic of Scotland.

Nothing will get in the way of their independence idea. They need the republican vote to do so and that’s why there has been no inquiry into Celtic Football Club. We need to fight that and defeat it.
I’m glad of this.
The victims deserve better than this proposal.
The taxpayers deserve better than this proposal!

The only way to screw the republican vote as you say is to vote tactically in marginal constituencies, which mine is (450 votes in Inverclyde) and that would mean me voting Labour to oust the SNP which I really cant stomach so for me like others on here I am stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea, I will be sticking to my guns in the hope that the tory vote increases as I think the tories will be the only party to tackle this disgusting thing head on, hopefully these cases come to the fore sooner rather than later.
Not wishing to deflect from the main issue , but since reading your post, I have been surprised by the number of Bears that I have met in Inverclyde who intend to vote for Labour to get the SNP out. Like you it sticks in my throat to vote Labour but, realistically, the tories are so far down the pecking order that they will not take the seat. labour won't win the election and to do damage to SNP/Sinnfein, I am going to bite the bullet.

Not wishing to deflect from the main issue , but since reading your post, I have been surprised by the number of Bears that I have met in Inverclyde who intend to vote for Labour to get the SNP out. Like you it sticks in my throat to vote Labour but, realistically, the tories are so far down the pecking order that they will not take the seat. labour won't win the election and to do damage to SNP/Sinnfein, I am going to bite the bullet.
Labour are close to being as bad but not just as bad yet. Very lucky I don’t have to at tactical vote - DUP with a healthy majority

Latest posts

Back