Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Reply from Gary Johnston Celtc supporting Aussie journalist.
According to the bold Gary Strathclyde police are still active?

Gary Johnston <gary.johnston.journalist@gmail.com>

20 Nov at 00:23

Hi R.K. thanks for getting in touch - as a Celtic fan I couldn't help but making that slightly snide comment about Walter - I know he was successful, just not as much as he could have been !
I have some evidence about Neely rom a well known personality in Scottish football who asked not to be named as he's still very active in the game - you'll know him, a very big name - hint...
I've also spoken to someone fro Strathclyde Police who claims there was no referral from Rangers at the time - I'm still persuing it.
What is clear though, I think, is that the climate at the time was to go down the sacking route rather than involve the law, and therein lay the problem.
There's more to this tale - I'm in contact with Andy Woodward and he certainly claims that the perpetrators - both in England and Scotland were all known to each other and that it was, in his words, 'an open secret'.
We'll see.
Best wishes.

GJ
as a Celtic fan I couldn't help but making that slightly snide comment about Walter

So there it is in black and white. This from a so called professional journalist on such an important issue of child abuse. They just can’t help themselves. They have no shame.

Hi R.K. thanks for getting in touch - as a Celtic fan I couldn't help but making that slightly snide comment about Walter - I know he was successful, just not as much as he could have been !
I have some evidence about Neely rom a well known personality in Scottish football who asked not to be named as he's still very active in the game - you'll know him, a very big name - hint...
I've also spoken to someone fro Strathclyde Police who claims there was no referral from Rangers at the time - I'm still persuing it.
What is clear though, I think, is that the climate at the time was to go down the sacking route rather than involve the law, and therein lay the problem.
There's more to this tale - I'm in contact with Andy Woodward and he certainly claims that the perpetrators - both in England and Scotland were all known to each other and that it was, in his words, 'an open secret'.
We'll see.
Best wishes.

GJ
Does the guy know the young boys Dad was a serving policeman, surely he would just ask him if he did his duty in telling his bosses.

Incredible to think that a member of the Royal Family can be forced/embarrassed, whatever, into falling on his own sword as a result of a friendship with a convicted paedophile yet a club employing and covering up for such individuals remains unblemished. How long can this go on for?

Whatever has happened to Scotland?

Said it in a post a few days back but the fact that ex-Celtic players can actually come out and write in books that they knew that Celtic had a peadophile ring operating within its doors is just staggering.

It just goes to show how brazen they are that they can put this out there and nothing has happened to investigate the club.

Some may remember this reporter’s previous article which was similar to this a few months ago and was posted on here. One piece sticks out this time though which has to be questioned.

“What’s more, it was said, we should report on the significant evidence that suggested Neely’s conduct was well known and apparently given the seal of approval by principal figures at Rangers FC, including, amongst others, Walter Smith, a successful – though, not all that successful – manager of the club in the 1990’s.”

Seal of approval of principle figures? Also mentioning Walter Smith and his time as manager being “not all that successful”

We don’t mind journalists printing facts but this style of tabloid journalism doesn’t help at all.
That article screams hurting poet, or at least someone backtracking to avoid abuse. And all of a sudden, a Declan pops up to deflect

Hmmm?

The evidence to hand would suggest not.

I have the feeling you know that.

Please desist from trying to allege otherwise and using your ‘Pacific Shelf’ rambling.

Oh while I am on not ‘every’ club had a similar problem, again based on evidence to hand, it was a few clubs.

One club, in particular, being far and away the worst.

WATP

@jf1960 in what way do you not trust them mate?
By way of lack of integrity and inaction, Mr McGuire has been threatening to serve them with writs for months now, in which time Kim Leslie of Digby Brown has filleted them and gained her client a 6 figure compensation payment, some of the victims are desperate for financial support, while McGuire drags his heels.

He should now be in a position to fire both barrels at them, but for reasons unknown to us, the silence is deafening, that is why they don't gain our trust, all bluster, maybe the name suggests as to why?

If i were a victim i would be jumping ship to go with Digby Brown, time is of the essence before certain paedo's pop their clogs, and take their abhorrent secrets with them.

Their comment of " If celtic don't talk to us we will issue writs in the coming WEEKS "

about 5 MONTHS ago
it certainly looks as though the enabler board are confident they can see mcguire back off too an extent, so far all his threats look to have amounted to the square root of f@ck all,i appreciate we are mostly in the dark with regards on whats happening behind the scenes, but so far all we have had from them is empty threats and no follow through,its not really a wonder ,why some people would start to question this course of action(inaction)

It used to annoy me and make me angry when lurkers came on here. Now I’m at the stage where I look forward to the next one ( for those who missed it, we had a visit earlier from the dark side ). That filth coming on here speaks volumes. Apart from their obsession with everything Rangers, they know exactly what their filthy club has covered up for decades, and probably longer.

We’ve also witnessed a reply recently from an Australian based journalist. Even in an article as you will see from his reply earlier, he couldn’t help (in his words) take a snide dig at Rangers. Very unprofessional, but maybe he should come back home and see, that we are used to that sort of behaviour from the Daily Rhebel. It’s nothing new.

That club have convicted child abusers connected to it. They even re-employed one knowingly. This has gone on for 40+ years. They have went from complete denial to even distancing their boys club. Their cult stopped young Scottish boys from reaching their potential on an industrial scale.

Only "open secret" I've heard of was at the Sty

We'll see.
Best wishes.

GJ
Just a couple of things, I read somewhere that Police records from that time were lost in some moving or something at Govan, can someone confirm or refute this.
How many children involved with our club were raped and or sexually assaulted by Neely when he was at Rangers ?
Gary Johnston said that he was still persuing Strathclyde police perhaps he should pursue the fact that the OPEN SECRET was at his club, and never at ours.
The big name of course we presume would have no conflict of interest, Aye right.

It used to annoy me and make me angry when lurkers came on here. Now I’m at the stage where I look forward to the next one ( for those who missed it, we had a visit earlier from the dark side ). That filth coming on here speaks volumes. Apart from their obsession with everything Rangers, they know exactly what their filthy club has covered up for decades, and probably longer.

We’ve also witnessed a reply recently from an Australian based journalist. Even in an article as you will see from his reply earlier, he couldn’t help (in his words) take a snide dig at Rangers. Very unprofessional, but maybe he should come back home and see, that we are used to that sort of behaviour from the Daily Rhebel. It’s nothing new.

That club have convicted child abusers connected to it. They even re-employed one knowingly. This has gone on for 40+ years. They have went from complete denial to even distancing their boys club. Their cult stopped young Scottish boys from reaching their potential on an industrial scale.

If Kenny Waugh had reported abuse at Hibs, Neely would never have been employed at Rangers. He was dismissed following a complaint from the father of a serving police officer. It is hard to imagine such an officer would have allowed incident to go unreported to the authorities. I cannot think of any reason a serving officer would not ensure it was reported.

The pathetic attempts to drag our club onto this are very sad.

Six known child abusers have been identified operating at CBC and CFC.
Rumours are there were more.
What is also known is that a large number of officials at both CBC and CFC were aware of abuse and did nothing. Actually they did do something they covered up the abuse allowing a large number of young boys to be abused because of their in action.

By way of lack of integrity and inaction, Mr McGuire has been threatening to serve them with writs for months now, in which time Kim Leslie of Digby Brown has filleted them and gained her client a 6 figure compensation payment, some of the victims are desperate for financial support, while McGuire drags his heels.

He should now be in a position to fire both barrels at them, but for reasons unknown to us, the silence is deafening, that is why they don't gain our trust, all bluster, maybe the name suggests as to why?

If i were a victim i would be jumping ship to go with Digby Brown, time is of the essence before certain paedo's pop their clogs, and take their abhorrent secrets with them.
Does that mean the dark side have made an admission of guilt then Kai re: Kim Leslie gaining her client a 6 figure sum or am I off track here regards what the 6 figure sum was paid out for ? Was it a separate case from the victims of paedophilia ?

Last edited:
They're still waiting, Patrick.

Why won't you serve the writs?

Call it laziness on my behalf if you will, even prejudice (I'll fully admit it, borne of years of experience), but I have to say my first reaction to hearing the man charged with bringing celtc to account was named Patrick Maguire was one of skepticism.
Now, here we are so many monrhs later, and after numerous threats that have been routinely ignored, he is silent.
As i said when I first expressed my doubts about him on here (and was assured by several posters that he could not be bought) I sincerely hope my suspicions are proven not to be true, but it's impossible to overestimate the hold the cult has over it's adherents, and the lengths they will go to close ranks and deny any guilt.

Call it laziness on my behalf if you will, even prejudice (I'll fully admit it, borne of years of experience), but I have to say my first reaction to hearing the man charged with bringing celtc to account was named Patrick Maguire was one of skepticism.
Now, here we are so many monrhs later, and after numerous threats that have been routinely ignored, he is silent.
As i said when I first expressed my doubts about him on here (and was assured by several posters that he could not be bought) I sincerely hope my suspicions are proven not to be true, but it's impossible to overestimate the hold the cult has over it's adherents, and the lengths they will go to close ranks and deny any guilt.
Would say that’s sectarian imo. I’d doubt he’d represent the victims if he was a Celtic fan due to conflict of interests so your saying because he has a ‘Catholic’ sounding name he’ll help cover up the hundreds of Celtics child abuse victims?

What a f****g c*nt this guy is. How can he have the brass neck to release a statement like that?
He had to know the cbc victims and family's would read that. Sometims i think he take a twisted pleasure in taunting the victims.

Well done to all the replies calling him out, can see him taking a hiatus from twitter again.
He really did shoot himself in the doot with this one.

Humza pish

Would say that’s sectarian imo. I’d doubt he’d represent the victims if he was a Celtic fan due to conflict of interests so your saying because he has a ‘Catholic’ sounding name he’ll help cover up the hundreds of Celtics child abuse victims?

Feel free to call it as you see it, I don't mind.
And I fear its not so much 'covering it up' but more a case of mitigating the compensation amounts, and the associated publicity, to protect the celtc brand as much as possible.
As I already said, I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.
Incidentally, and I'm not trying to be arsey here, how would you explain the delays and apparent silence in this matter?

Feel free to call it as you see it, I don't mind.
And I fear its not so much 'covering it up' but more a case of mitigating the compensation amounts, and the associated publicity, to protect the celtc brand as much as possible.
As I already said, I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.
Incidentally, and I'm not trying to be arsey here, how would you explain the delays and apparent silence in this matter?
no clue why it’s taking so long, those in the background who are very involved say to keep waiting and it’s a very long process. Hopefully it’s just a matter of trying to collect all the info on a massive 50 year pedo ring or waiting till the last bheast gets his appeal turned down. Perhaps they’re even in negations with Celtic for comp and that’s the reason for silence so far

no clue why it’s taking so long, those in the background who are very involved say to keep waiting and it’s a very long process. Hopefully it’s just a matter of trying to collect all the info on a massive 50 year pedo ring or waiting till the last bheast gets his appeal turned down. Perhaps they’re even in negations with Celtic for comp and that’s the reason for silence so far
Think it's a bit of everything you've mentioned plus more people have came forward now but he is not sitting right with me saying a few weeks and months later we've heard nothing else

I have to admit I am some what perplexed by McGuire's inactivity recently. Full guns blazing and now a whimper. If I was a victim I would be taking council else where. I get the horrible feeling that to many people in power, NOT JUST poetS, want this whole thing to go away.
Scotland has become a truly horrible little place.

I would leave questions out of the threads ...the guys working behind the scenes imo are doing fine...I'm sure when it all comes into place we'll all find out....Keep up the good work lads ........

I would leave questions out of the threads ...the guys working behind the scenes imo are doing fine...I'm sure when it all comes into place we'll all find out....Keep up the good work lads ........

The guys are doing a sterling job without doubt, but to ask questions of others in the equation (the solicitors and TV people) is reasonable IMO.

The guys are doing a sterling job without doubt, but to ask questions of others in the equation (the solicitors and TV people) is reasonable IMO.

Yes you're correct ,I meant certain questions requiring answers that the lurkers pounce on...but I think on hindsight , our guys are wise enough

I don't expect this to happen. It's taking longer to make than The Lord Of The Rings trilogy.

absolute nonsense the team were up filming only a few weeks ago,this is happening pal,and Cairney is still appealing his decision,what would happen if anything was aired before a decision.

there may also be another live case I’m told,which may hold stuff up.

Slightly at a tangent here but a wee observation on how certain minds work.

Social media this week has seen loads of anger and abuse aimed at Prince Andrew and a lot of it is justified however on my feeds it is mostly SNP lovers and Tim's doing the majority of posts re him. In the same week Salmond goes to court re several sexual misconduct charges not a peep out most of the same people posting about the prince and not a peep when Celtic boys club guys in the news. Similarly not much sympathy for alleged victims of Andrew or Epstein. It's a warped mindset. Points scoring and utterly vile.

All sex offenders should be castigated and treated with disgust and there should be no gleeful social media disregarding victims.

Political figures, clergy, boys club guys, film directors, royals, the rich, the poor, the famous, the unknown - all sex offenders are scum yet some are hardly mentioned in some media circles.

I hope all victims get proper justice in all cases and not just these poor lads who suffered at the hands of the Celtic beasts and also suffered because of the cover ups.

Is there a possibility of Mr McGuire working with Celtic to settle privately with the victims so as not to bring any more attention on to the club? Therefore potentially escaping any punishment due to the club.... It's too quiet for me. Justice for the victims is the absolute priority but surely a club that has tried to hide this sordid affair for decades cannot escape unpunished.

Is there a possibility of Mr McGuire working with Celtic to settle privately with the victims so as not to bring any more attention on to the club? Therefore potentially escaping any punishment due to the club.... It's too quiet for me. Justice for the victims is the absolute priority but surely a club that has tried to hide this sordid affair for decades cannot escape unpunished.
its hard not to at least have the suspicion that this would be his preferred option

There may be some who go down this route, and who can blame them, but I believe there are more than a few who are determined to see this go all the way.

Last edited:

To be fair to him he’s been quite open from the beginning that he wants Celtic to get round the table and agree compensation with the victims. His clients might be happy with out of court settlements so they don’t need to go through all the memories again in a room full of strangers. The victims are the ones that matter here.

A public enquiry into what went on, who knew and who covered it up is required to find out who did wrong by these children and punishment should follow

To be fair to him he’s been quite open from the beginning that he wants Celtic to get round the table and agree compensation with the victims. His clients might be happy with out of court settlements so they don’t need to go through all the memories again in a room full of strangers. The victims are the ones that matter here.

A public enquiry into what went on, who knew and who covered it up is required to find out who did wrong by these children and punishment should follow
I don't post in this thread often, because generally I don't have anything to add and don't want to clog it up.

I've posted a few times now to say that from what I have read, there is a process that has to be followed.

Thompsons are running a mass tort - a collective action. They will have had a set cut off date for accepting new claims, which may or may not have passed.

The validity of each claim then needs to be cross checked - dates, evidence to confirm that the complainant was in proximity to the club/nonce. Sad as if may be, there will be some fantasist in amongst the claimants. All it would take would be for lawyers representing the beasts to find one that was making it up and had never been at CBC or whatever and that's it fucked for everybody.

The more claims they have, the more background checks need doing, and the more time it takes.

There's also the expectation (from within the legal system) that the lawyers should be able to hash out a compensation deal themselves - bear in mind these are civil actions, not criminal. That's not Thompsons working to minimise damage to celtic, that's the system that's in place, and it's why so many lawsuits end with out of court settlements.

I saw a post further up that said nothing had changed in six months. There's a very real possibility of this running for years, if celtic et al decide to fight it all the way. Its all well and good saying the individual nonces should be sued, but they would simply declare bankruptcy, so the lawyers have to be sure there's actually money to be got.

Ultimately, I think we're all agreed that it's the victims who need to be satisfied. The rest of us are just nobodies on a football forum, most of whom could not fathom what these guys have been through. If some decide to settle, then that's up to them and should not be viewed as any sort of climbdown.

Patience. Lots of patience.

Edit: meant to add, that judges take a very dim view of lawyers who refuse to try and discuss terms with the side they are suing, so they have to make overtures about getting round the table.

I don't post in this thread often, because generally I don't have anything to add and don't want to clog it up.

I've posted a few times now to say that from what I have read, there is a process that has to be followed.

Thompsons are running a mass tort - a collective action. They will have had a set cut off date for accepting new claims, which may or may not have passed.

The validity of each claim then needs to be cross checked - dates, evidence to confirm that the complainant was in proximity to the club/nonce. Sad as if may be, there will be some fantasist in amongst the claimants. All it would take would be for lawyers representing the beasts to find one that was making it up and had never been at CBC or whatever and that's it fucked for everybody.

The more claims they have, the more background checks need doing, and the more time it takes.

There's also the expectation (from within the legal system) that the lawyers should be able to hash out a compensation deal themselves - bear in mind these are civil actions, not criminal. That's not Thompsons working to minimise damage to celtic, that's the system that's in place, and it's why so many lawsuits end with out of court settlements.

I saw a post further up that said nothing had changed in six months. There's a very real possibility of this running for years, if celtic et al decide to fight it all the way. Its all well and good saying the individual nonces should be sued, but they would simply declare bankruptcy, so the lawyers have to be sure there's actually money to be got.

Ultimately, I think we're all agreed that it's the victims who need to be satisfied. The rest of us are just nobodies on a football forum, most of whom could not fathom what these guys have been through. If some decide to settle, then that's up to them and should not be viewed as any sort of climbdown.

Patience. Lots of patience.

Edit: meant to add, that judges take a very dim view of lawyers who refuse to try and discuss terms with the side they are suing, so they have to make overtures about getting round the table.

With post’s like that my friend you certainly won’t clog up the board,very good points made and common sense,we all want justice served but it is a tough long slog unfortunately for survivors and families.

With post’s like that my friend you certainly won’t clog up the board,very good points made and common sense,we all want justice served but it is a tough long slog unfortunately for survivors and families.
Cheers.

In the last couple of weeks, we've had Cairney still appealing his convictions. That will impact as well, and if there are other live cases (as indicated by every MSP/MP in their stock responses) that will also delay things.

There just seems to be an expectation that it would be a quick thing. I don't know if it's the same expediency or impatience that people are applying to our rise back to where we belong? Just like that, though, it has to be done right, with no false dawns etc.

Slightly at a tangent here but a wee observation on how certain minds work.

Social media this week has seen loads of anger and abuse aimed at Prince Andrew and a lot of it is justified however on my feeds it is mostly SNP lovers and Tim's doing the majority of posts re him. In the same week Salmond goes to court re several sexual misconduct charges not a peep out most of the same people posting about the prince and not a peep when Celtic boys club guys in the news. Similarly not much sympathy for alleged victims of Andrew or Epstein. It's a warped mindset. Points scoring and utterly vile.

All sex offenders should be castigated and treated with disgust and there should be no gleeful social media disregarding victims.

Political figures, clergy, boys club guys, film directors, royals, the rich, the poor, the famous, the unknown - all sex offenders are scum yet some are hardly mentioned in some media circles.

I hope all victims get proper justice in all cases and not just these poor lads who suffered at the hands of the Celtic beasts and also suffered because of the cover ups.

100%.

Also read Krankies tweet on Weinstein.

Hope she’s consistent with her Salmond tweets.

Back