Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Is anyone aware of any link to the beasts over here in Oz?

With the current issue with Cardinal Pell, (the third most senior catholic on the planet being imprisoned for child abuse), being in focus right now and with several Irish catholic priests sent over who are guilty of abuse it would be pertinent to bring to task any offender who was knowingly abusing children and having it covered up like all the rest, I would be happy as an Australian citizen to contact our media such as the national 60 minutes program.

The guy Gary Johnston has done a couple of decent articles RMDU. He interviewed Michelle Gray. Had a wee snipe at us but generally was hard hitting on the tims.

He’s in a crime magazine but I forget the name of it right now.

Email to U.E.F.A.

to:Gasser Patrick,discipline@uefa.ch,childsafeguarding@uefa.ch

10 Jan at 11:57

Dear Sir/Madam,
I want to make you aware that one of your associate members, namely Scottish Football Association, are proposing to hold a Child Protection Seminar on the premises of Celtic F.C. at their Parkhead stadium in March this year.

Given the child sexual abuse that has taken place by employees of the club for over 5 decades, on these premises, I think that this is a crass choice of venue.

Given the fact that there have been 4 criminal convictions of employees/representatives of that club, and given the fact that over 250 images of naked and semi naked young boys between 9 and 15 years of age were found in a storeroom on these premises, the decision to hold the seminar there needs investigated.

This choice of venue is upsetting, distressing and a kick in the teeth for the scores of boys abused there.

As U.E.F.A. advocate Fairness, Equality, and Respect , I would hope that your organisation show respect for the victims and contact the S.F.A. to ascertain Who chose this venue and Why?, As it is totally inappropriate.

Look forward to your reply

Yours sincerely
R.K.

Good letter Kai.

Sexual exploitation of children has and still is a stain on humanity,no matter your colour,religion or beliefs or nationality,you deserve to be a kid and should not be prayed on by folk of trust and of adult age.

Scotland’s shame under the SNP watch and they are no better and just as complicit as the cfc/cbc.
any age you mean surely.

With the current issue with Cardinal Pell, (the third most senior catholic on the planet being imprisoned for child abuse), being in focus right now and with several Irish catholic priests sent over who are guilty of abuse it would be pertinent to bring to task any offender who was knowingly abusing children and having it covered up like all the rest, I would be happy as an Australian citizen to contact our media such as the national 60 minutes program.

The Crime News Weekly, Sydney is Gary Johnston’s paper mate. He was born in Scotland & moved over there. He’s a Tim fan but did roast them to be fair.

The guy Gary Johnston has done a couple of decent articles RMDU. He interviewed Michelle Gray. Had a wee snipe at us but generally was hard hitting on the tims.

I think 'True Crime News Weekly' is the one you're thinking of, GY

This is the contact e-mail address for News, Tips, Submissions, Editorial & Corrections ...

Editor@TrueCrimeNewsWeekly.com

EDIT:
Should have checked for any later replies!

A wee snipe? I have to disagree. I’ve been in contact with this individual and I wouldn’t call it a wee snipe. Like the rest of them, what stuck out to me was his hatred for Rangers Football Club.
On numerous occasions I questioned him about the abuse that took place in Kearny NJ and asked what his opinion was and if he had done any investigative journalism stateside? That was our last conversation.

I know yourself and a few others stateside have put a lot of effort into this. Obviously money means more to Adidas than the truth. Your efforts haven’t gone unnoticed.
The reality is if Adidas have raised this at the scum dhome they no doubt had a range of excuses lined up including the obvious 'its them lot south of the river'.
We can all imagine the BS & evasion.
However as events unfold hopefully Adidas will seek to invoke the escape clauses they have doubtlessly included in any contract with lie well

Email to C.E.O. Adidas
To:kasper.rorsted@adidas-group.com

8 Jan at 11:06

Dear Sir,
I am writing this correspondence to make you aware of an ongoing scandal that has blighted Scottish society for 5 decades.

Child sex abuse has been rife within Scottish refuge institutions and Scottish football for over 5 decades, with children subjected to horrendous humiliating abuse and depravity, with one particular football club at the forefront of this abuse.

A club that we continually hear to be rumoured on the verge of a sponsorship deal with your World Class company.

I am working within a dedicated group who are representing victims of child sex abuse in the quest for justice, compensation , apology & closure.

At this point I will introduce Celtic F.C. , a self proclaimed “club like no other!”, indeed they truly are, a club who for 5 decades have enabled ,facilitated & covered up a paedophile ring, operating with impunity on an industrial scale, dwarfing the Penn State scandal, a club whom to date still refuse to accept liability for the actions and behaviours of 4 beast employees, criminally convicted and serving time at Her Majesty’s Pleasure, albeit receiving embarrassingly short and lenient sentences.

There is a concerted effort to pressurise the Scottish Government to order a fully Independent Public Inquiry reference the child sex abuse. It is believed that this ring extends to persons involved in politics and law enforcement, who are protecting Celtic F.C. and themselves.

One of the convicted beast coaches Jim Torbett, founder of Celtic Boys Club was previously dismissed by Celtic and then unbelievably welcomed back to continue his abuse, afforded protection by Celtic who in the 1980’s threatened legal action against any person’s unfounded accusations.

There is also an ongoing investigation in Kearny , New Jersey U.S.A. , relating to allegations of abuse on U.S. soil circa 1989-1990.

Just recently another Celtic F.C. coach Lyness Malley has been unmasked and is under investigation despite attempts to keep his identity anonymous.
The official Celtic F.C. photographer, John Cullen was convicted of lewd and libidinous behaviour having been caught in possession of over 250 nude and semi naked photographs of young boys aged between 9-15 y.o.

There are estimates of over 100 victims who suffered sexual abuse at Celtic F.C. , one victim successfully won a legal case against Celtic F.C. last year and received a 6 figure compensation settlement with an N.D.A.

Thompson’s solicitors in Glasgow are imminently preparing to serve over 20 writs against Celtic F.C. on behalf of victims who were abused on their premises
There is a 3 part hour long episodes documentary to be shown early this year on worldwide t.v. , investigated and presented by Daniel Gordon of Hillsborough fame, by which Celtic F.C. will hopefully suffer devastating adverse publicity as a result of their handling of this scandal.

Now The Crunch, “If your company is considering "jumping into bed" with Celtic F.C. , sponsoring, funding & supplying their kit, I would hope that after perusing my information and digesting the magnitude of the heinous and abhorrent criminal activity undertaken on their “Paradise” premises ,then your World Class highly reputable company would not contemplate association with that rancid club, Celtic F.C. Information can be confirmed by simple Google search, type Celtic / Celtic boys club abuse.

As a group we will be targeting any company who endorses, funds or sponsors Celtic F.C. , a vile club that refuses to accept responsibility for lives lost and ruined. We have witnessed first hand the physical and psychological suffering of the victims and we shall leave no stone unturned in our pursuit to ensure justice is delivered.

Companies who aid and abet Celtic F.C., will be named and shamed, tarnished with guilt by association & endorsement.

I really hope that the name Adidas, synonomous with success and quality , does’nt appear on that list.

In the unlikely event that it does, it will be let known that “You were well warned!”
Look forward to your thoughts/reply.
Yours sincerely
R.K.
The reality is if Adidas have raised this at the scum dhome they no doubt had a range of excuses lined up including the obvious 'its them lot south of the river'.
We can all imagine the BS & evasion.
However as events unfold hopefully Adidas will seek to invoke the escape clauses they have doubtlessly included in any contract with lie well

@Grigo Yossarian
Can I just say that my reply to you is a personal opinion Grigo. You know me my friend. When he made his original comments a long time ago then I wouldn’t let it go. If you remember he kept mentioning Rangers but wouldn’t answer questions on the real issue.
He then released another story and mentioned Rangers again. So that’s why I brought up the subject of Kearny and why he made no mention of it in his press releases. After that I had no interest in what he had to say.
I gave the the correspondence to trusted bears down under who also reiterated the fact that there was systematic child abuse going on for over 40 years at his club. They to this day are still awaiting a reply.

@Grigo Yossarian
Can I just say that my reply to you is a personal opinion Grigo. You know me my friend. When he made his original comments a long time ago then I wouldn’t let it go. If you remember he kept mentioning Rangers but wouldn’t answer questions on the real issue.
He then released another story and mentioned Rangers again. So that’s why I brought up the subject of Kearny and why he made no mention of it in his press releases. After that I had no interest in what he had to say.
I gave the the correspondence to trusted bears down under who also reiterated the fact that there was systematic child abuse going on for over 40 years at his club. They to this day are still awaiting a reply.

Cheers mate. Appreciate the update.;)

@Grigo Yossarian

This is his latest piece, he mentions the CFC abuse again however he may be using the same "it was rife everywhere" excuse as a lot of fans of CFC are doing. Its a Q&A with Andy Woodward.

There must be victims who could do with closure and perpetrators that require to be brought to justice who have emigrated to Oz to escape from this. The catholic church was/is strong over here and, as I said, with Pell convicted the focus remains on it, should another link to the huge amount of abuse covered up by CFC and the church it would most certainly be in the public interest to expose it.

I'll try again with this guy and will also contact 60 minutes informing them of the abuse and the upcoming UK documentary, if anyone can give me some links to forward on it would help, I think it would be better coming from an Australian citizen to open our publics eyes to these scumbags.

Email to C.E.O. Adidas
To:kasper.rorsted@adidas-group.com

8 Jan at 11:06

Dear Sir,
I am writing this correspondence to make you aware of an ongoing scandal that has blighted Scottish society for 5 decades.

Child sex abuse has been rife within Scottish refuge institutions and Scottish football for over 5 decades, with children subjected to horrendous humiliating abuse and depravity, with one particular football club at the forefront of this abuse.

A club that we continually hear to be rumoured on the verge of a sponsorship deal with your World Class company.

I am working within a dedicated group who are representing victims of child sex abuse in the quest for justice, compensation , apology & closure.

At this point I will introduce Celtic F.C. , a self proclaimed “club like no other!”, indeed they truly are, a club who for 5 decades have enabled ,facilitated & covered up a paedophile ring, operating with impunity on an industrial scale, dwarfing the Penn State scandal, a club whom to date still refuse to accept liability for the actions and behaviours of 4 beast employees, criminally convicted and serving time at Her Majesty’s Pleasure, albeit receiving embarrassingly short and lenient sentences.

There is a concerted effort to pressurise the Scottish Government to order a fully Independent Public Inquiry reference the child sex abuse. It is believed that this ring extends to persons involved in politics and law enforcement, who are protecting Celtic F.C. and themselves.

One of the convicted beast coaches Jim Torbett, founder of Celtic Boys Club was previously dismissed by Celtic and then unbelievably welcomed back to continue his abuse, afforded protection by Celtic who in the 1980’s threatened legal action against any person’s unfounded accusations.

There is also an ongoing investigation in Kearny , New Jersey U.S.A. , relating to allegations of abuse on U.S. soil circa 1989-1990.

Just recently another Celtic F.C. coach Lyness Malley has been unmasked and is under investigation despite attempts to keep his identity anonymous.
The official Celtic F.C. photographer, John Cullen was convicted of lewd and libidinous behaviour having been caught in possession of over 250 nude and semi naked photographs of young boys aged between 9-15 y.o.

There are estimates of over 100 victims who suffered sexual abuse at Celtic F.C. , one victim successfully won a legal case against Celtic F.C. last year and received a 6 figure compensation settlement with an N.D.A.

Thompson’s solicitors in Glasgow are imminently preparing to serve over 20 writs against Celtic F.C. on behalf of victims who were abused on their premises
There is a 3 part hour long episodes documentary to be shown early this year on worldwide t.v. , investigated and presented by Daniel Gordon of Hillsborough fame, by which Celtic F.C. will hopefully suffer devastating adverse publicity as a result of their handling of this scandal.

Now The Crunch, “If your company is considering "jumping into bed" with Celtic F.C. , sponsoring, funding & supplying their kit, I would hope that after perusing my information and digesting the magnitude of the heinous and abhorrent criminal activity undertaken on their “Paradise” premises ,then your World Class highly reputable company would not contemplate association with that rancid club, Celtic F.C. Information can be confirmed by simple Google search, type Celtic / Celtic boys club abuse.

As a group we will be targeting any company who endorses, funds or sponsors Celtic F.C. , a vile club that refuses to accept responsibility for lives lost and ruined. We have witnessed first hand the physical and psychological suffering of the victims and we shall leave no stone unturned in our pursuit to ensure justice is delivered.

Companies who aid and abet Celtic F.C., will be named and shamed, tarnished with guilt by association & endorsement.

I really hope that the name Adidas, synonomous with success and quality , does’nt appear on that list.

In the unlikely event that it does, it will be let known that “You were well warned!”
Look forward to your thoughts/reply.
Yours sincerely
R.K.

This beats the tweet I sent to them hands down :D.

Fantastic letter, let's hope Adidas see sense.

This is his latest piece, he mentions the CFC abuse again however he may be using the same "it was rife everywhere" excuse as a lot of fans of CFC are doing. Its a Q&A with Andy Woodward.

There must be victims who could do with closure and perpetrators that require to be brought to justice who have emigrated to Oz to escape from this. The catholic church was/is strong over here and, as I said, with Pell convicted the focus remains on it, should another link to the huge amount of abuse covered up by CFC and the church it would most certainly be in the public interest to expose it.

I'll try again with this guy and will also contact 60 minutes informing them of the abuse and the upcoming UK documentary, if anyone can give me some links to forward on it would help, I think it would be better coming from an Australian citizen to open our publics eyes to these scumbags.
The boy Michael Mcglinchy

he plays for mariners In Australia and was at septic at the time of the child abuse

and definitely knew about the abuse as his father knew about it 100%
The boy has played for the national team also

Last edited:

Michael mcglinchy who plays for the mariners and now plays for the national team was at the cesspit at the time of the abuse

he might be willing to speak ??

worth a try for you to contact him ?

Sent you a pm.

Im sure it was this reporter Gary Johnston that was deliberately attempting to drag Walter smith into the mire in a recent article. That aside, this interview with Andy woodward is prob one of the most relevant ive read, and the credit going to Andy. Bringing perpetrators to justice and healing for the survivors is the driving force for many including myself, but which should be the priority? Andy woodward seems to be aiming more at help for fellow survivors first, but equally he doesnt miss the mark on bringing these monsters to justice either. The survivors themselves need to come forward for both of these approaches to be successful, and after reading this article it has perhaps confirmed to me that the healing proccess must begin first rather than hoping for justice. The only way I see this happening is for these guys to find support among themselves, they choose their own leadership and from there they will become the driving force for Justice. We the general public have the responsibility to fully support them in their cause, but it will be they who smash these paedo rings apart. As they gain their voice and strength they will become unstoppable, our job is to continue to support them on their way to the healing and closure they so rightly deserve.

That was a moving article indeed, you could sense real inner strength from Andy woodward.

Last edited:
What about a group setup for a (and run) by the survivors themselves, is that something that could benefit them? Fully paid for, all expenses by the Gov and SFA to assist them with counseling, living costs, legal advice, and friendship. Im not taking about compensation or justice that would be a totally seperate thing, however a group like this may well aid them in their fight for justice in the long run.

What about a group setup for a (and run) by the survivors themselves, is that something that could benefit them? Fully paid for, all expenses by the Gov and SFA to assist them with counseling, living costs, legal advice, and friendship. Im not taking about compensation or justice that would be a totally seperate thing, however a group like this may well aid them in their fight for justice in the long run.
Don’t think this government would be interest in the slightest with this, not the SFA for that matter

Don’t think this government would be interest in the slightest with this, not the SFA for that matter
I agree with you there, and thats why im planning to contact them again to put it to them. The term they are dragging their heels is a gross understatement. Would ex players like Andy woodward be up for leading such a group, and getting current pro players to raise their profile in the media? When reading that article it brought to memory guys like Gary speed, and the many out their who dont have a voice from official channels. These guys need a real breakthrough moment with all this, in fact its long overdue

Last edited:
Get they 2 from don't fu*k with cats to investigate it. They will find all of the beasts!

You know what ,after watching that over the Christmas period that's not such a ridiculous Idea as it sounds.

Having watched the full thing it certainly occurred to me that these two showed exactly the kind of dogged determination to see justice done. Mostly it was achieved through painstaking dedication and a steadfast refusal to give up on a cause they obviously felt justified the enormous effort.

Let me be clear, im not suggesting for a minute we actively pursue the services of those individuals. If anybody hasn't seen the series though , it's well worth watching if only to highlight what can be achieved if you are committed enough to give something your all.

It's actually quite remarkable two ordinary people were able to put the pieces together with patience and collaboration. Very inspirational stuff.

This is what the Aussies are up against. Corrupt judiciary and politicians doing the work of Rome. Sickening
I see red when I think about the Red Mass. The Red Mass is a Catholic mass said at the end of each January for the legal fraternity marking the beginning of the legal year. The Red Mass is a European tradition dating back to the year 1310 in England and earlier in Paris — 1245.
An invitation to attend the Melbourne Red Mass at St Patrick’s Cathedral appeared on the Victorian Bar website. The Victorian Bar is a “professional association of barristers”. The invitation reads: “As this is Archbishop Comensoli’s first Red Mass since becoming Archbishop of Melbourne, it is important for the legal community of Melbourne to welcome His Grace with as many members of the profession in attendance as possible.”

This is the same archbishop who recently said he would defy new child protection laws rather than report admissions of child sexual assault made in the confessional. Victoria recently passed legislation removing clergy exemption from mandatory reporting of a reasonable belief that a child has been sexually abused. Archbishop Peter Comensoli said he would rather go to jail than obey the new law.

Why should our legal profession “welcome” such a man? A man who publicly announced his intention to commit a crime? And not just any crime, one that disobeys child safety laws? The archbishop is the highest-ranking cleric of the Catholic Church in Victoria. Many clergy obey and follow him. Priests have promised obedience to him. Comensoli’s words and actions are replicated in communities all over Victoria. Why should the legal fraternity welcome someone who dictates that priests should commit a criminal offence by failing to report to the police information about child sexual abuse?

The new law lifting the secrecy of confession was debated in the Victorian parliament last August 29. It was an extraordinary day in parliament. At least 15 members of parliament rose and stated how shocked they were that the Archbishop of Melbourne would choose to protect paedophiles rather than children. Their anger was palpable. And angry they should be, for the reality of Comensoli’s words is to knowingly allow adults to continue to rape and sexually assault children. The archbishop is apparently happy to hear admissions of crimes against children and just let child molesters and rapists go unpunished, unchecked and uncured. This failure to obey the law would allow sexual crimes against children to continue for decades.

In 2003 Catholic priest Michael McArdle swore an affidavit stating that during confession he had disclosed more than 1500 times that he was sexually assaulting children. He made this confession to 30 different priests over 25 years. Not one of those 30 priests stopped him. For decades they just forgave him. This is precisely the situation Comensoli says should remain. What finally stopped McArdle was not the church, but a child going to the police. The church could have reported him to police decades earlier and saved countless children.

The Red Mass invitation also states: “A procession of judges, magistrates, tribunal members, judicial registrars, court officials and barristers will precede Archbishop Comensoli into the Cathedral.” That is a powerful line-up to honour and respect the archbishop. It concludes: “After Mass the judiciary, members of the legal profession, staff and their families are invited to join Archbishop Comensoli for morning tea in the Cathedral Presbytery.”

What message does this send to our community? What faith should we have in the legal system when there are public displays of support by the legal fraternity for particular institutions?

Cardinal George Pell was the archbishop of Melbourne from 1996 until 2001. Pell would have conducted his first Red Mass in January 1997 at St Patrick’s Cathedral. As archbishop, he would have presided over any judges, magistrates, tribunal members, judicial registrars, court officials and barristers in attendance. While the legal fraternity was honouring Pell with its presence and socialising with him afterwards, the reality was that he would later appear before them in the courts. He was subsequently convicted of sexual offending against two boys about the time of that Red Mass.

In Australia the child abuse royal commission established that of all complaints of child sexual abuse in religious institutions the Catholic Church attracted most with 61.8 per cent of the complaints. The next worst was the Anglican Church with 14.7 per cent. The Catholic Church has had a much larger problem with child sex abuse than any other religious organisation in Australia.

After everything we have learnt through first the Victorian parliamentary inquiry and then the royal commission, I would rather our judiciary did not honour and support Catholic clergy with its presence. We all now know the shocking truth of the church’s history of widespread sexual abuse of children and the cover-ups. Why should the legal fraternity demonstrate public support for such an institution?

What is the purpose of the Red Mass get-together with the judiciary? Why is it necessary? Does the Catholic hierarchy hold a Red Mass for housewives? Or apprentices? Or unmarried mothers? Or students? Or doctors? Victims of clerical abuse need know the judiciary is impartial.

Perhaps judges, magistrates, tribunal members, judicial registrars, court officials and barristers should reconsider attending this event.

Instead, consider the thousands of Australian children caught in the clergy machine — a tag team of offenders with friends in high places, such as archbishops, to protect them. Instead, think of the ordinary members of our community who want our justice system to give them confidence in the idea that we are all equal before the law.

This is what the Aussies are up against. Corrupt judiciary and politicians doing the work of Rome. Sickening
I see red when I think about the Red Mass. The Red Mass is a Catholic mass said at the end of each January for the legal fraternity marking the beginning of the legal year. The Red Mass is a European tradition dating back to the year 1310 in England and earlier in Paris — 1245.
An invitation to attend the Melbourne Red Mass at St Patrick’s Cathedral appeared on the Victorian Bar website. The Victorian Bar is a “professional association of barristers”. The invitation reads: “As this is Archbishop Comensoli’s first Red Mass since becoming Archbishop of Melbourne, it is important for the legal community of Melbourne to welcome His Grace with as many members of the profession in attendance as possible.”

This is the same archbishop who recently said he would defy new child protection laws rather than report admissions of child sexual assault made in the confessional. Victoria recently passed legislation removing clergy exemption from mandatory reporting of a reasonable belief that a child has been sexually abused. Archbishop Peter Comensoli said he would rather go to jail than obey the new law.

Why should our legal profession “welcome” such a man? A man who publicly announced his intention to commit a crime? And not just any crime, one that disobeys child safety laws? The archbishop is the highest-ranking cleric of the Catholic Church in Victoria. Many clergy obey and follow him. Priests have promised obedience to him. Comensoli’s words and actions are replicated in communities all over Victoria. Why should the legal fraternity welcome someone who dictates that priests should commit a criminal offence by failing to report to the police information about child sexual abuse?

The new law lifting the secrecy of confession was debated in the Victorian parliament last August 29. It was an extraordinary day in parliament. At least 15 members of parliament rose and stated how shocked they were that the Archbishop of Melbourne would choose to protect paedophiles rather than children. Their anger was palpable. And angry they should be, for the reality of Comensoli’s words is to knowingly allow adults to continue to rape and sexually assault children. The archbishop is apparently happy to hear admissions of crimes against children and just let child molesters and rapists go unpunished, unchecked and uncured. This failure to obey the law would allow sexual crimes against children to continue for decades.

In 2003 Catholic priest Michael McArdle swore an affidavit stating that during confession he had disclosed more than 1500 times that he was sexually assaulting children. He made this confession to 30 different priests over 25 years. Not one of those 30 priests stopped him. For decades they just forgave him. This is precisely the situation Comensoli says should remain. What finally stopped McArdle was not the church, but a child going to the police. The church could have reported him to police decades earlier and saved countless children.

The Red Mass invitation also states: “A procession of judges, magistrates, tribunal members, judicial registrars, court officials and barristers will precede Archbishop Comensoli into the Cathedral.” That is a powerful line-up to honour and respect the archbishop. It concludes: “After Mass the judiciary, members of the legal profession, staff and their families are invited to join Archbishop Comensoli for morning tea in the Cathedral Presbytery.”

What message does this send to our community? What faith should we have in the legal system when there are public displays of support by the legal fraternity for particular institutions?

Cardinal George Pell was the archbishop of Melbourne from 1996 until 2001. Pell would have conducted his first Red Mass in January 1997 at St Patrick’s Cathedral. As archbishop, he would have presided over any judges, magistrates, tribunal members, judicial registrars, court officials and barristers in attendance. While the legal fraternity was honouring Pell with its presence and socialising with him afterwards, the reality was that he would later appear before them in the courts. He was subsequently convicted of sexual offending against two boys about the time of that Red Mass.

In Australia the child abuse royal commission established that of all complaints of child sexual abuse in religious institutions the Catholic Church attracted most with 61.8 per cent of the complaints. The next worst was the Anglican Church with 14.7 per cent. The Catholic Church has had a much larger problem with child sex abuse than any other religious organisation in Australia.

After everything we have learnt through first the Victorian parliamentary inquiry and then the royal commission, I would rather our judiciary did not honour and support Catholic clergy with its presence. We all now know the shocking truth of the church’s history of widespread sexual abuse of children and the cover-ups. Why should the legal fraternity demonstrate public support for such an institution?

What is the purpose of the Red Mass get-together with the judiciary? Why is it necessary? Does the Catholic hierarchy hold a Red Mass for housewives? Or apprentices? Or unmarried mothers? Or students? Or doctors? Victims of clerical abuse need know the judiciary is impartial.

Perhaps judges, magistrates, tribunal members, judicial registrars, court officials and barristers should reconsider attending this event.

Instead, consider the thousands of Australian children caught in the clergy machine — a tag team of offenders with friends in high places, such as archbishops, to protect them. Instead, think of the ordinary members of our community who want our justice system to give them confidence in the idea that we are all equal before the law.
This cult should be wiped off the face of the earth. Wherever this cult exists worldwide there is child abuse. A few Hail Marys then forgotten about. And that child’s life is damaged forever.
They should face capital punishment for harming children. No ifs, no buts.

Stunningly well phrased and pointed mate, and the Ballarat connection is poignant. You deserve a standing ovation.

reading That turned my stomach, i would hope that the authorities take note of who attends these masses and take them off the court lists of any cases pertaining to abuse, their cult is totally shameless.

They recently extradited a Monk from Augustus Abbey near Inverness who is accused of historical sex offences to Scotland.

Clarify please,
A former Catholic monk has appeared in court on seven charges of child sex abuse.

Denis "Chrysostom" Alexander, taught at Fort Augustus Abbey school in the Highlands in the 1960s and 1970s.

The 84-year-old was brought back to Scotland from his home in New South Wales, Australia, after an extradition battle lasting almost five years.

At Inverness Sheriff Court he made no plea and was remanded in custody. The case was continued.

The charges include indecent assault, assault, and lewd, indecent and libidinous practices and behaviour.

Extradition proceedings
His court appearance comes seven years after BBC Scotland first revealed claims against him.

The Crown Office launched extradition proceedings in December 2016, but since then Fr Alexander had contested the move on health grounds, saying he was too ill to face trial.

He was arrested in Sydney almost three years ago and has been in custody ever since.

In November, the Federal Court of Australia dismissed his case for a judicial review of the attorney general's decision to extradite him to Scotland.

Fr Alexander had until 5 December to lodge an appeal against that ruling, but failed to do so.

Run by Catholic Benedictine monks, Fort Augustus Abbey school in the Highlands closed its doors in 1993.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51062791

By "they" I obviously meant the Australian authorities and not the Catholic Church. No plea, continued for further examination, remanded in custody.

I’m sure the excuse was on health grounds if I remember right?
I think so. It's not something I can claim much experience in but I think if a similar situation arose in reverse then the delay would be in years rather than months as well, perhaps not five years but certainly not quick. Yon Monk was in the jail in Australia as well so it's not like he was living it up.

84 years old and it took 5 years to extradite him. Why so long? Luckily the old bastard is still alive and will hopefully die behind bars.
That's true. The reality is that this creature probably had sixty odd years of raping and torturing kids before he got caught. The last few years of his life spent with free food and shelter is scarcely an adequate punishment.

Brilliant read.
Just shows how this shower have got a lot of power in their hands,and will do all they can to protect the church they attend.

Frank Cairney was manager of Celtic Boys Club from 1974 to 1991

A former senior figure at Celtic FC’s feeder club is facing charges of sexual abuse, The Times can disclose.

Frank Cairney, 84, served as manager of Celtic Boys Club from 1974 until 1991. A Crown Office spokeswoman confirmed Mr Cairney has been charged and is involved in a “live solemn case”.

The Times understands that the charges relate to the alleged sexual abuse of young people. It is expected that Mr Cairney, of Uddingston, South Lanarkshire, will appear in court within months. A source said: “A court date hasn’t been set up at the moment. It is going to be held either at the high court or in front of a sheriff and jury.”

Police Scotland declined to comment, saying it was now a matter for the Crown Office.

Mr Cairney took over as general manager of Celtic Boys Club in 1974. He replaced Jim Torbett, the founder of the boys’ club, who was jailed for two years in 1998 and for six years in November 2018 for a string of sex attacks against boys who had been in his care.

In 1986 Mr Cairney contributed an article to a souvenir brochure produced to mark the 20th anniversary of Celtic Boys Club. He wrote: “We have helped to make a lot of young boys happy. It makes me even happier to think we are fulfilling a role in their development.

“I will have special thoughts for every boy who has represented the boys’ club during the 20 years of our existence.”

Mr Cairney left the boys’ club in 1991 after leading 20 teenagers and five adults on a summer tour to New Jersey.

Jim McCafferty, 73, a former Celtic Boys Club coach and Celtic FC kitman was jailed for six years and nine months last May for abusing young players. Gerald King, 66, a boys’ club chairman, was convicted in December 2018 of abusing children at a school in Glasgow while he was a teacher, but avoided jail.

Frank Cairney was manager of Celtic Boys Club from 1974 to 1991

A former senior figure at Celtic FC’s feeder club is facing charges of sexual abuse, The Times can disclose.

Frank Cairney, 84, served as manager of Celtic Boys Club from 1974 until 1991. A Crown Office spokeswoman confirmed Mr Cairney has been charged and is involved in a “live solemn case”.

The Times understands that the charges relate to the alleged sexual abuse of young people. It is expected that Mr Cairney, of Uddingston, South Lanarkshire, will appear in court within months. A source said: “A court date hasn’t been set up at the moment. It is going to be held either at the high court or in front of a sheriff and jury.”

Police Scotland declined to comment, saying it was now a matter for the Crown Office.

Mr Cairney took over as general manager of Celtic Boys Club in 1974. He replaced Jim Torbett, the founder of the boys’ club, who was jailed for two years in 1998 and for six years in November 2018 for a string of sex attacks against boys who had been in his care.

In 1986 Mr Cairney contributed an article to a souvenir brochure produced to mark the 20th anniversary of Celtic Boys Club. He wrote: “We have helped to make a lot of young boys happy. It makes me even happier to think we are fulfilling a role in their development.

“I will have special thoughts for every boy who has represented the boys’ club during the 20 years of our existence.”

Mr Cairney left the boys’ club in 1991 after leading 20 teenagers and five adults on a summer tour to New Jersey.

Jim McCafferty, 73, a former Celtic Boys Club coach and Celtic FC kitman was jailed for six years and nine months last May for abusing young players. Gerald King, 66, a boys’ club chairman, was convicted in December 2018 of abusing children at a school in Glasgow while he was a teacher, but avoided jail.
So now we have fresh allegations made against Cairney.

Back