Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Any potential civil action will need to wait for the conclusion of pending police investigations and resulting prosecutions.

Shame for the victims that. The Bheasts have avoided this for so long there will be a concern that they'll start dropping off from old age before victims can get true justice (and I don't mean in the form of a month per victim as far as the sentences are going)

Former football coach of local football team attempts to rape a 13 year old.... While another former coach of the same team watches.... Which the club to this day is still attempting to cover up... And this is page 9 news ???? You'd think the fact that the club in question are the current national champions might also make the story a bit more news-worthy.

I cannot understand how this isn't front page news. I cannot understand why no-one is crying out for an inquiry. Opposition politicians should be hammering the SNP for this. I don't understand also why other football clubs aren't pushing for an inquiry.

A lot of respect has to go to Gordon Woods for waiving anonymity. What he went through must be life-destroying. I hope it encourages others to come forward.

Last edited:
More victims will be willing to come forward because of the bravery of those that have already done so.

Who knows just how many there were but it will probably be many more than most people can imagine. Pandora's box has been prised open.
The bravery of those individuals coming forward cannot be understated, unfortunately I still believe this is only the tip of a very large iceberg.

Former football coach of local football team attempts to rape a 13 year old.... While another former coach of the same team watches.... Which the club to this day is still attempting to cover up... And this is page 9 news ???? You'd think the fact that the club in question are the current national champions might also make the story a bit more news-worthy.

I cannot understand how this isn't front page news. I cannot understand why no-one is crying out for an inquiry. Opposition politicians should be hammering the SNP for this. I don't understand also why other football clubs aren't pushing for an inquiry.

A lot of respect has to go to Gordon Woods for waiving anonymity. What he went through must be life-destroying. I hope it encourages others to come forward.

this is the issue i have, why is this not happening? we rightly blame the SNP for their lack of action, but why are opposing parties not bringing it up, they are just as bad for knowing about it and turning a blind eye

this is the issue i have, why is this not happening? we rightly blame the SNP for their lack of action, but why are opposing parties not bringing it up, they are just as bad for knowing about it and turning a blind eye
I sincerely hope that all those that have turned a blind eye or had the authority to do something to prevent these horrific crimes are exposed.

I sincerely hope that all those that have turned a blind eye or had the authority to do something to prevent these horrific crimes are exposed.

Exposed and imprisoned hopefully.

The lack of action from the SFA is utterly shameful.

When it transpired that Celtic FC didn't contact a single victim during their internal inquiry, and even tried to deny a former victim even played for the club.. whilst claiming the inquiry constitutes the club following the due process of law... That alone should be enough to revoke the clubs license to work with children.

I don't know how the law works but should live cases hold up a club being suspended? What happens if one new victim comes out every month for the next 15 years, which I'm guessing is more than mathematically possible?

How many convictions at one club has there been? How many at one club does there need to be?

If the SFA took action it could encourage other victims to come forward and move closer to justice. If I was in charge of the SFA the first thing I'd do at a minimum after pushing for an overseas-led enquiry would be to a) not let the club have any youth teams. b) not let anyone under 18 enter premises associated with club without an adult (or at all). The footballing authorities should be making it clear that this club is doing it's best to hide something and this would hopefully encourage others to come forward.

I've read many times that the most important thing in this whole affair is justice for the victims. For me, two very pressing questions are a) are children still being abused by individuals or a ring in that organisation? b) are there any individuals at large now who are putting vulnerable children at risk, who might be uncovered with an enquiry into Celtic FC?

The SFA and politicians from all parties should be doing a lot more.

A big thank you again to all the people on here working behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Justice for the victims is the main thing, but feel that there will be at least one active case on the go for the next 5/10/15/?? years, meaning that reporting and independent investigations don’t get started, due to these active cases (and Governments lack of action). Will be interesting to see the documentaries that are due out.

Anyone who is a c****c fan have been, for a very long time, in denial about any abuse that has went on under their watch, and continue to do so. Some of them even deny it has ever happened regardless of all evidence and convictions that has happened over the years.
We have the SNP in government in this country who are so predisposed with their own idea of how this country should be, their own god ugly vision for independence and all the dirty tricks their trying to think of in order to get it, means they leave the main issues that matter far far behind, and issues such as this get literally swept under the carpet, and as we know and have seen with our own eyes, the amount of C****c fans installed deep within the very fabric of that party, the most vocal and visible of a support so in denial it’s actually untrue. These clowns will never raise an issue as serious as this to harm their club.
Any normal and decent human being, regardless of club allegiances, should be DEMANDING justice, public enquiries, jail terms, convictions for this type of thing. The fact it’s happening at the centre of one of the biggest institutions in this country means it should be front page news at every opportunity and every time there is another story about it.
This pathetic little country of ours is a disgrace, when it comes to kids coming to harm, no matter what decade it is, any cover ups should be exposed and the perpetrators should be severely punished. Shame on the people who enable this cover up.

here’s hoping the bheast fc suffer enormously and for a very long time once justice is served to them.

Watch the excellent 2-part BBC drama-documentary; 'Exposed - The Church's Darkest Secret', which was broadcast on Monday & Tuesday, to see how child sex abuse cover-ups work.

Only toy shop I know of on Maryhill Road was at the city end nearby The Royalty bar . Closed in the last few years I think but I’ve no idea about the owners and there background .

And the chickens come home to roost. Time is running out for bheast fc. The evidence against them is overwhelming. When the walls do cave in there will be nowhere left to hide. The tipping point will come. Maybe in weeks, maybe months or maybe years but it will come. Keep up the pressure lads.

Interesting developments.
And the Scottish media and politicians doing their level best to continue to suppress it as much as possible?
Shame on them, they're practically condoning and enabling a paedophile ring of some decades standing with an untold number of young victims.
No surprise there, sadly.
I can tell you that there are some in the Scottish media who we are associated with that are fighting the corner for the victims and families and will continue to do so.
When it comes to the politicians, there are people in the background that are in dialogue with certain MSP’s.
Whats encouraging is there are victims now starting to come forward. We are working closely with one family at the moment. The determination from this family has touched me personally along with others working behind the scenes. How they have been treated and ignored by the justice secretary is beyond disgusting.

Probably find the beasts from the east were consulting experts in the making of that.
Exposed, BBC programme showed cover up and support of the Establishment for CofE abusers. Went right to the top ( including royalty/MPs/Lords) . It shows how the ordinary Joe is fair game for some types and how court and police are influenced by politicians and religious figures. Really nauseating.
It comes down to the bravery of the abused kids to keep going and need support from a wide range of people.

Last edited:
Either the chip chip chipping away by the Bears in the background is paying dividends, or there is something else happening here as regards their share price. Big loss in a short space of time usually spells something is coming down the line, hopefully redemption in the form of compensation for the abused victims.

Email to 5 separate U.E.F.A. contacts

To:Gasser Patrick, Aleksander Čeferin

15 Jan at 19:38

Dear sir,

I have sent numerous emails to various parties at U.E.F.A. highlighting child sexual abuse, each time I have been ignored.

An institutional Scottish club Celtic F.C., in the past year, has seen 4 employees criminally convicted of abuse over a 5 decade period, last month another one was uncovered and is under investigation, Lyness Malley, on Monday one of the convicted Frank Cairney was faced with further charges of abuse and today another convicted beast Jim Torbett was also facing charges of further cases of abuse.

I don't wish to go to great detail as I realise that your time is precious, if you care to laise with Mr Patrick Gasser, he could forward more information.

I would like to know the answer to this question, "How can U.E.F.A. continue to sanction a license for Celtic F.C. to operate?", given the fact that they cannot guarantee the safety of children and have not been able to do so for the past 5 decades.

With the U.E.F.A. initiatives regarding Respect, Racism, Sectarianism, the worst case scenario, Children being abused by sexual predators is not a priority Why? . Why sir is this being ignored, U.E.F.A. surely have a duty of care to ensure member clubs operate to official rules, regulations and guidelines. Celtic F.C. are regarding these rules with impunity.

I look forward to your reply and please don't ignore me, as it will not be favourable for U.E.F.A. when justice prevails.

Yours sincerely
R.K.

It's almost as if Celtic FC have been getting coached every step of the way by an organisation very, very experienced in the cover up of child abuse.

The decision to exclude the Catholic Church and Celtic FC from historical child sex abuse enquiries should see politicians imprisoned if an inquiry ever goes ahead.
Yes and the ones who decided on this and passed it through parliament (Scottish parliament ) should be held accountable and public inquiry set up as they may have know what was going on and decided to make it difficult to bring to justice if they blocked it

The Scottish government and sfa are way over there necks in this

it’s going to come out and the ones that are still trying to rubbish it’s will get what they deserve

Reopen the Lawrence Haggart murder case, with an English Police Force investigating.

This country is f****d, from the evil paedophiles committing heinous crimes to the people who are meant to hand down sentences to them.

Correct.

And don’t forget the SMSM who are more interested in attacking a young Colombian footballer than historical child abuse enablers :mad:

I always read through this thread with interest in developments, I'm always drawn back to the murder of Laurence Haggert.
Given the volume of a abusers at that club, and the circumstances of that young fellows death it just stinks.
The Laurence Haggert case was an absolute shocker and I wouldn't be surprised if the poor boy was another victim of that club's employees.

I see the next Regional Network Meeting for Children's wellbeing in football has been arranged in March again at celtic park. Anybody wanting a reply as to why this venue has been picked again can ask by email on childrenswellbeing@scottishfa.co.uk . Disgusted
Email sent. If I can get a chance I’ll copy and paste the email. Bit rough and ready but gets to the point. Hopefully there will be an answer to the email soon

I see the next Regional Network Meeting for Children's wellbeing in football has been arranged in March again at celtic park. Anybody wanting a reply as to why this venue has been picked again can ask by email on childrenswellbeing@scottishfa.co.uk . Disgusted
A well known predator protecting organisation hosting a seminar about looking after childrens wellbeing.
What is the matter with these people that allow these ba$tards to go unpunished and somehow try to cleanse their evil hiding of these perverted criminals. :mad:

Last edited:
Email to 5 separate U.E.F.A. contacts

To:Gasser Patrick, Aleksander Čeferin

15 Jan at 19:38

Dear sir,

I have sent numerous emails to various parties at U.E.F.A. highlighting child sexual abuse, each time I have been ignored.

An institutional Scottish club Celtic F.C., in the past year, has seen 4 employees criminally convicted of abuse over a 5 decade period, last month another one was uncovered and is under investigation, Lyness Malley, on Monday one of the convicted Frank Cairney was faced with further charges of abuse and today another convicted beast Jim Torbett was also facing charges of further cases of abuse.

I don't wish to go to great detail as I realise that your time is precious, if you care to laise with Mr Patrick Gasser, he could forward more information.

I would like to know the answer to this question, "How can U.E.F.A. continue to sanction a license for Celtic F.C. to operate?", given the fact that they cannot guarantee the safety of children and have not been able to do so for the past 5 decades.

With the U.E.F.A. initiatives regarding Respect, Racism, Sectarianism, the worst case scenario, Children being abused by sexual predators is not a priority Why? . Why sir is this being ignored, U.E.F.A. surely have a duty of care to ensure member clubs operate to official rules, regulations and guidelines. Celtic F.C. are regarding these rules with impunity.

I look forward to your reply and please don't ignore me, as it will not be favourable for U.E.F.A. when justice prevails.

Yours sincerely
R.K.
I would suggest that the childrens wellbeing seminars are being played out there to try and cleanse them in the eyes of UEFA. The SFA are largely to blame for aiding in the cover up by saying nothing, and they are now trying to justify that they are both doing good by holding these seminars to cleanse both of them.
Somehow the fact that they have both knowingly hidden it for over 40 years seemingly is cancelled out by this sham at the scene of the hiding of these crimes.

Last edited:
I have just received a reply from the Financial Reporting Council regarding my complaint regarding the Paedo's failure to report potential compensation liabilities within financial reports.

The FRC state that as CFC made some reference to this matter in the Statement for the period up to 30th June 2019, they cannot uphold my complaint.

I have written back stating that, as there was allegedly a two year internal investigation pre-dating this Statement, it should have been disclosed earlier.

I do not hold up much hope of success here.

I have just received a reply from the Financial Reporting Council regarding my complaint regarding the Paedo's failure to report potential compensation liabilities within financial reports.

The FRC state that as CFC made some reference to this matter in the Statement for the period up to 30th June 2019, they cannot uphold my complaint.

I have written back stating that, as there was allegedly a two year internal investigation pre-dating this Statement, it should have been disclosed earlier.

I do not hold up much hope of success here.
The effort that you have put into this has been amazing. I know you won’t give up until you see justice.

Daily Record 12/4/1996

A mystery businessman has put up a 1000 reward to try to snare the killer of Celtic Boys' Club player Lawrence Haggart, who died after an attack at his home in Larbert, Stirlingshire, last month. Lawrence was capped for Scotland Under-15s five days before he died.

So who was this "mystery businessman" with cash to splash at that time and obviously connected to ÇFC?

Surely not ......

It would do no harm to tell everyone who will listen that this is indeed the abuse scandal coming home to roost.

After all, it is only within their last financial report that they have identified some possible future liabilities. It might not be a coincidence that their share price is tumbling badly right now.

You all know what I am saying - Take control of the narrative and sit back and enjoy, rather than waiting for some other explanation, one which is controlled by them.

Edit : Wrong thread - I will repost in share price thread.

It would do no harm to tell everyone who will listen that this is indeed the abuse scandal coming home to roost.

After all, it is only within their last financial report that they have identified some possible future liabilities. It might not be a coincidence that their share price is tumbling badly right now.

You all know what I am saying - Take control of the narrative and sit back and enjoy, rather than waiting for some other explanation, one which is controlled by them.

Edit : Wrong thread - I will repost in share price thread.

Good strategy CAB.

Back