Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Can anyone confirm that Adidas are definitely getting involved with the scum? If they are, I'll be firing off the same message that I sent to new Balance, informing them that if they deal with that vile club I'll bin my Adidas running and gym gear. I will also inform them that I won't buy any of their stuff in the future.

Hopefully they'll have the decency to reply, unlike NB who point blank refused to answer my emails.

Once again, well done to all the folk on here working to see justice done.
I spoke with someone at a soccer shop here in America. He said that a brand rep from Adidas told home they were picking up Celtic. Now does that mean it is a done deal! I do not know. But send that email.

I think I might have a contact list at Adidas. I am sending this as a first email.

I am making sure the email addresses are good.

Celtic PLC-Adidas Liability

Sir,

I hope Adidas is conducting their due diligence before becoming the Celtic FC kit manufacture.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...y-barry-bennell-paedo-network-claims-sfa/amp/

Yours in professional courtesy,

John Pittman

Adidas have been emailed and contacted on Twitter, see email below.

Email to C.E.O. Adidas
To:kasper.rorsted@adidas-group.com

8 Jan at 11:06

Dear Sir,
I am writing this correspondence to make you aware of an ongoing scandal that has blighted Scottish society for 5 decades.

Child sex abuse has been rife within Scottish refuge institutions and Scottish football for over 5 decades, with children subjected to horrendous humiliating abuse and depravity, with one particular football club at the forefront of this abuse.

A club that we continually hear to be rumoured on the verge of a sponsorship deal with your World Class company.

I am working within a dedicated group who are representing victims of child sex abuse in the quest for justice, compensation , apology & closure.

At this point I will introduce Celtic F.C. , a self proclaimed “club like no other!”, indeed they truly are, a club who for 5 decades have enabled ,facilitated & covered up a paedophile ring, operating with impunity on an industrial scale, dwarfing the Penn State scandal, a club whom to date still refuse to accept liability for the actions and behaviours of 4 beast employees, criminally convicted and serving time at Her Majesty’s Pleasure, albeit receiving embarrassingly short and lenient sentences.

There is a concerted effort to pressurise the Scottish Government to order a fully Independent Public Inquiry reference the child sex abuse. It is believed that this ring extends to persons involved in politics and law enforcement, who are protecting Celtic F.C. and themselves.

One of the convicted beast coaches Jim Torbett, founder of Celtic Boys Club was previously dismissed by Celtic and then unbelievably welcomed back to continue his abuse, afforded protection by Celtic who in the 1980’s threatened legal action against any person’s unfounded accusations.

There is also an ongoing investigation in Kearny , New Jersey U.S.A. , relating to allegations of abuse on U.S. soil circa 1989-1990.

Just recently another Celtic F.C. coach Lyness Malley has been unmasked and is under investigation despite attempts to keep his identity anonymous.
The official Celtic F.C. photographer, John Cullen was convicted of lewd and libidinous behaviour having been caught in possession of over 250 nude and semi naked photographs of young boys aged between 9-15 y.o.

There are estimates of over 100 victims who suffered sexual abuse at Celtic F.C. , one victim successfully won a legal case against Celtic F.C. last year and received a 6 figure compensation settlement with an N.D.A.

Thompson’s solicitors in Glasgow are imminently preparing to serve over 20 writs against Celtic F.C. on behalf of victims who were abused on their premises
There is a 3 part hour long episodes documentary to be shown early this year on worldwide t.v. , investigated and presented by Daniel Gordon of Hillsborough fame, by which Celtic F.C. will hopefully suffer devastating adverse publicity as a result of their handling of this scandal.

Now The Crunch, “If your company is considering "jumping into bed" with Celtic F.C. , sponsoring, funding & supplying their kit, I would hope that after perusing my information and digesting the magnitude of the heinous and abhorrent criminal activity undertaken on their “Paradise” premises ,then your World Class highly reputable company would not contemplate association with that rancid club, Celtic F.C. Information can be confirmed by simple Google search, type Celtic / Celtic boys club abuse.

As a group we will be targeting any company who endorses, funds or sponsors Celtic F.C. , a vile club that refuses to accept responsibility for lives lost and ruined. We have witnessed first hand the physical and psychological suffering of the victims and we shall leave no stone unturned in our pursuit to ensure justice is delivered.

Companies who aid and abet Celtic F.C., will be named and shamed, tarnished with guilt by association & endorsement.

I really hope that the name Adidas, synonomous with success and quality , does’nt appear on that list.

In the unlikely event that it does, it will be let known that “You were well warned!”
Look forward to your thoughts/reply.
Yours sincerely
R.K.

The thing with the SFA report is thats its possible that they dont have the legal authority to act on those who have violated the childs protection act. Is this why it was omitted, or do they have the authority to do so? Is it the resposibility of the Scottish gov to enforce the child protection act on the findings in the SFA report? So many questions unanswered, im sure that regardless of what they have omitted from their report they are still legally required to inform the police, and (or) local authorities if adults have failed to report crimes against kids.

Surely this is the case, else the SFA themselves would become complicit in their failure to meet the requirements of the child protection act.

Last edited:
The thing with the SFA report is thats its possible that they dont have the legal authority to act on those who have violated the childs protection act. Is this why it was omitted, or do they have the authority to do so? Is it the resposibility of the Scottish gov to enforce the child protection act on the findings in the SFA report? So many questions unanswered, im sure that regardless of what they have omitted from their report they are still legally required to inform the police, and (or) local authorities if adults have failed to report crimes against kids.

Surely this is the case, else the SFA themselves would become complicit in their failure to meet the requirements of the child protection act.
The SFA aren't gonna come out of this looking good either maybe that's why they changed their rules

The SFA aren't gonna come out of this looking good either maybe that's why they changed their rules

Indeed they turned their back on survivors and are just as complicit as CFC/cbc,I mean board members of each both SFA/CFC have buisness connection’s,schools and other football association’s medals and trophy’s were allegedly paid by the SFA to Torbetts trophy centre.

Yes the SFA were in bed with the devil alright.

It all hinges on what the SFA know. My understanding as to the protocol ive been given in child care is when you think there "might" be a risk to children its not mandatory to report, however you could be out the door if you dont. However in the case that you "know" a child is at risk of harm or has been harmed it is mandatory to report. Failure to report when you KNOW isnt just sackable, you are then open to prosecution.

Independent public inquiry thats needed, not an inhouse report.

I wouldnt hold my breath on the SFA/SPFL doing the right thing.
Write to them & see what response you get.
The fact is they are up to their necks in this also, as there is enough evidence out there going back years against the Bheasts where they (SFA/SPFL) have simply taken no action.
There are recent court cases that have gone against the Bheasts where again they (SFA/SPFL) have taken no action.
If anything my take on this is that to cover themselves (SFA/SPFL) & that club they are trying to make this an "entire" footballing issue which is why they are promoting a victims fund, which on it's own is no bad idea.
But, what this ignores is who knew what, who sat on information that led to further children being exposed to these animals.
An example being the re-employment of a convicted criminal.

It needs taken out of the hands of the footballing authorities in Scotland.

Scottish Government response to a FOI request... fobbing off? Don't know who posted it to them originally, but was browing Scot Gov website for something else.

FOI reference: FOI/201900010585
Date received: 23 Dec 2019
Date responded: 17 Jan 2020
Information requested
1. Did the Scottish Government, any Scottish Government Ministers, any Scottish Government Department, individual, or group send any e mails to any News & Media outlets on the 20th, 21st, 22nd & 23rd of December 2019 regarding any stories about any hospitals or NHS Departments, and in particular, about the deaths of another 3 children in the QEUH?
2. If so, what was the content of these e mails?
3. If so, please make these e mails available to me.
Separately, after the news of yet another accusation of Historical Child Sexual Abuse at Celtic Football Club/Celtic Boys Club,
1. What is the Scottish Government’s position on the abuse of children in football, and indeed, any sport in Scotland?
2. Do the Scottish Government intend to hold a full and independent public inquiry into such serious issues, so lessons can be learnt, and we don’t see such a major paedophile ring operating within our sport again?
3. Have the Scottish Government had any exchanges if any kind, whether in writing or verbally, with Celtic FC in this matter?
4. If so, please provide copies of all communications.
5. If not, please provide a clear and concise reason why?
6. Have the Scottish Government had any communication with Police Scotland on this matter, in writing or verbally?
7. If so, please provide copies of all communications.
8. If not, please provide a clear and concise reason why?
8. I was previously told that Celtic FC and their insurers were holding their own investigation into historical Child Sexual Abuse at their OWN club, and it had been ongoing for just under 2 years. Has this investigation been concluded yet?
9. If so, when shall we see the outcome of this investigation?
10. If not, when can we expect it to be concluded?
11. Is the Scottish Government satisfied that Child Sexual Abuse is no longer rife in our sport, and if so, what resources/evidence are they basing this on?
12. Finally, please make available ALL communications between the Scottish Government and ALL other departments/groups which involved discussion on historical Child Sex Abuse.
Response
You asked for:

1. Did the Scottish Government, any Scottish Government Ministers, any Scottish Government Department, individual, or group send any e mails to any News & Media outlets on the 20th, 21st, 22nd & 23rd of December 2019 regarding any stories about any hospitals or NHS Departments, and in particular, about the deaths of another 3 children in the QEUH?

While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the costs of locating, retrieving and providing the information requested would exceed the upper cost limit of £600. Under section 12 of FOISA public authorities are not required to comply with a request for information if the authority estimates that the cost of complying would exceed the upper cost limit, which is currently set at £600 by Regulations made under section 12.

You may, however, wish to consider reducing the scope of your request in order that the costs can be brought below £600. You may also find it helpful to look at the Scottish Information Commissioner’s ‘Tips for requesting information under FOI and the EIRs’ on his website at: http://www.itspublicknowledge.info/YourRights/Tipsforrequesters.aspx.

1. What is the Scottish Government’s position on the abuse of children in football, and indeed, any sport in Scotland?
2. Do the Scottish Government intend to hold a full and independent public inquiry into such serious issues, so lessons can be learnt, and we don’t see such a major paedophile ring operating within our sport again?

https://www.gov.scot/publications/foi-19-01618/

3. Have the Scottish Government had any exchanges if any kind, whether in writing or verbally, with Celtic FC in this matter?
6. Have the Scottish Government had any communication with Police Scotland on this matter, in writing or verbally?
8. I was previously told that Celtic FC and their insurers were holding their own investigation into historical Child Sexual Abuse at their OWN club, and it had been ongoing for just under 2 years. Has this investigation been concluded yet?

The Scottish Government meets regularly with Police Scotland and range of football clubs to discuss many issues, including child protection. To ensure the free and frank exchange of views, the majority of these discussions are not routinely minuted.

As Freedom of Information applies to recorded information, this is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.

11. Is the Scottish Government satisfied that Child Sexual Abuse is no longer rife in our sport, and if so, what resources/evidence are they basing this on?

We have acted to address issues arising from recent revelations about abuse in sport.

• In February 2017, the Minister for Public Health and Sport wrote to all sporting governing bodies in Scotland to ask them to reflect on their current policies and procedures and to check that these are adequate to protect children taking part in their sport.
  • In March 2017, the Minister for Public Health and Sport and the Minister for Childcare and Early Years hosted a roundtable discussion with a wide range of bodies to discuss what else could be done to improve our child protection system in Scottish sport. We have made an additional £2 million available to sportscotland to invest in key priorities, including child protection.
  • Funding of £125,000 per year is also provided to Children 1st through sportscotland for training, information and support to sports’ governing bodies through the Safeguarding in Sport service.
  • sportscotland and Children 1st have produced new standards on child wellbeing and protection in sport which is rights-based and child-centred. The standards have been developed by the safeguarding in Sport service to ensure sports organisations adopt best practice in this critical area. All SGBs receiving sportscotland investment have now migrated to the new Standards.
12. Finally, please make available ALL communications between the Scottish Government and ALL other departments/groups which involved discussion on historical Child Sex Abuse.

While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the costs of locating, retrieving and providing the information requested would exceed the upper cost limit of £600. Under section 12 of FOISA public authorities are not required to comply with a request for information if the authority estimates that the cost of complying would exceed the upper cost limit, which is currently set at £600 by Regulations made under section 12.

You may, however, wish to consider reducing the scope of your request in order that the costs can be brought below £600. You may also find it helpful to look at the Scottish Information Commissioner’s ‘Tips for requesting information under FOI and the EIRs’ on his website at: http://www.itspublicknowledge.info/YourRights/Tipsforrequesters.aspx.

Out of interest, how come Bennell is serving a 30 year sentence when the likes of Torbett etc always get fairly lenient sentences?
Seems that compared to the rest of Britain that paedophilia is maybe not considered to be as serious an offence in Scotland.
That's my opinion based on sentencing as per individuals mentioned.
The reasons for it I have absolutely no idea why.
But could take a calculated guess as to why and that's because of undue influence of a certain religious organisation.
Or maybe because Bennell has been charged with more offences.

Scottish Government response to a FOI request... fobbing off? Don't know who posted it to them originally, but was browing Scot Gov website for something else.

Information requested
Separately, after the news of yet another accusation of Historical Child Sexual Abuse at Celtic Football Club/Celtic Boys Club,
Response
You asked for:

The Scottish Government meets regularly with Police Scotland and range of football clubs to discuss many issues, including child protection. To ensure the free and frank exchange of views, the majority of these discussions are not routinely minuted.

As Freedom of Information applies to recorded information, this is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.

We have acted to address issues arising from recent revelations about abuse in sport.

• In February 2017, the Minister for Public Health and Sport wrote to all sporting governing bodies in Scotland to ask them to reflect on their current policies and procedures and to check that these are adequate to protect children taking part in their sport.
  • In March 2017, the Minister for Public Health and Sport and the Minister for Childcare and Early Years hosted a roundtable discussion with a wide range of bodies to discuss what else could be done to improve our child protection system in Scottish sport. We have made an additional £2 million available to sportscotland to invest in key priorities, including child protection.
  • Funding of £125,000 per year is also provided to Children 1st through sportscotland for training, information and support to sports’ governing bodies through the Safeguarding in Sport service.
  • sportscotland and Children 1st have produced new standards on child wellbeing and protection in sport which is rights-based and child-centred. The standards have been developed by the safeguarding in Sport service to ensure sports organisations adopt best practice in this critical area. All SGBs receiving sportscotland investment have now migrated to the new Standards.

Sounds to me like you need to break those requests down into several FOIs regards government departments likely to have discussed child abuse in sport.

Also sounds like emails to Celtic exist and they are hiding behind the no minutes answer. You can challenge replies your are no satisfied with. These are emails they don't need minuted. They minute themselves.

sent this to Jennifer Valentine

Guff from her Linkedin page
I seek challenging opportunities to leverage my strategic thinking, analytical experience and go-to-market understanding to directly impact the business I lead. I enjoy managing people, presenting, being a part of a team and working with product.

Hi Jennifer

I would be very interested in understanding your strategic thinking in regards to the Adidas relationship with Glasgow Celtic FC. You will probably be aware of the extensive network of documented paedophile convictions surrounding the club and the multiple compensation claims currently in the legal system in Scotland. Will the two documentaries that will air in the next few months have any impact on your strategic thinking or your market understanding of the direct impact on the business?

Best regards

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I emailed Adidas UK Customer services last night asking if the rumours of a deal with the beasts is correct. I told them everything about the abuse, the disgusting cover up and the refusal of the scum to accept responsibility and apologise. I questioned if it was wise for a company of their standing to become involved with a club that knowingly harboured child abusers.

I also told them that if they deal with that vile club, I'll bin my Adidas running and gym gear and won't buy any more of their stuff. I got a reply today which I'll post as soon as I sort out my log-in problems with my email account.

Could any bears that grew up in the Maryhill area during the 60’s please pm me. Please be assured and have confidence that anyone who does will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Nothing will appear on this thread. I can assure you of that.
Just a quick thank you to the individuals that contacted me on this. You’ve been a great help.

Hi Mosset Bear,

Thank you for contacting Adidas. I trust this email finds you well.

Since you said this is a rumour, we are not aware of this partnership as management hasn't communicated anything to us. We are actually the first to be alerted of any partnerships, if this is true than this is something that will have to be looked at. Your email will be passed on to management, and they will get further information about whether this partnership is true.

Please rest assured that as Adidas, we wouldn't associate ourselves with people of questionable characters.

Should you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxxx
Adidas Team​

Hi Mosset Bear,

Since you said this is a rumour, we are not aware of this partnership as management hasn't communicated anything to us. We are actually the first to be alerted of any partnerships, if this is true than this is something that will have to be looked at. Your email will be passed on to management, and they will get further information about whether this partnership is true.

Please rest assured that as Adidas, we wouldn't associate ourselves with people of questionable characters.

Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxxx
Adidas Team​

Sounds promising!

Hi Mosset Bear,

Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxxx
Adidas Team​
"people of questionable characters" Now there is an understatement if ever there was one when talking about those Kunts...Good work Mosset Bear.

Hi Mosset Bear,

Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxxx
Adidas Team​
Great result mate keep up the good work

Seems that compared to the rest of Britain that paedophilia is maybe not considered to be as serious an offence in Scotland.
But could take a calculated guess as to why and that's because of undue influence of a certain religious organisation.
The reason ther lenient is because ther wouldn’t be enough jails to house them in it, u think of how many in that religion are guilty.

Information requested
Response
You asked for:

I commend your efforts

If you are going to use FOI again then ask for records for simple, specific events where possible. Try to keep it nice and simple so as to give them less of an opportunity to refuse your request on the grounds of costs

If you are unhappy with their response, then do take up the option to have their decision reviewed.

Hi Mosset Bear,

Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxxx
Adidas Team​

Well done MB!

This is the way forward! The reply from Adidas is extremely encouraging.

All we need is one major sponsor, just ONE, to pull out, and it's game over.

Sooner or later this has to explode, and Celtic will have to pay the price for the biggest child sex abuse scandal - and cover up - ever to rock the sporting world!

Well done again.

I commend your efforts

If you are going to use FOI again then ask for records for simple, specific events where possible. Try to keep it nice and simple so as to give them less of an opportunity to refuse your request on the grounds of costs

If you are unhappy with their response, then do take up the option to have their decision reviewed.

I take no credit for this.

I was on Scot Gov website to find another consultation minutes, and this came up.

Maybe original poster is on here. Maybe not. But they deserve the thanks wherever they may be.

Well done MB!

This is the way forward! The reply from Adidas is extremely encouraging.

All we need is one major sponsor, just ONE, to pull out, and it's game over.

Sooner or later this has to explode, and Celtic will have to pay the price for the biggest child sex abuse scandal - and cover up - ever to rock the sporting world!

Well done again.
Thank you, Lenzie Loyal. Yes, that has to be the aim. Potential and present sponsors have to understand just how damaging being associated with the beasts will be to their good name.

Excellent work!

Adidas will drop them like a hot potato if they find out about the industrial scale child sex abuse that's been going on at Celttic for 50 years!

No respectable company wants to be associated or tarred with the Big Celtic Paedophile Brush.

Total scum only in Scotland unbelievable do you know when this trial is if there is ever going to be one

The sentencing in Scotland makes me sick, 20-30years down south equates to 3-4 years up here.
Scotland looks after its paedophiles. I wonder how Torbett and Cairney are getting on in prison. Are they well taken care of in solitary confinement. Do they get plenty TV and internet time. Imagine if Torbett and Cairney are allowed internet!
You'd think journalists would try to form a relationship with Torbett. He is the key to finding out the full extent of what has gone on. Finding out what he knows would reveal Scotland for what it is, a paedo haven. However, something tells me Torbett won't be telling anyone anything any time soon. No Scottish journalist will be asking him any questions. He'll be allowed to take all the sordid details to his grave.

Times
Marc Horne

Two notorious predators who targeted young players at football clubs across Britain deployed almost identical methods to isolate their victims.

Barry Bennell, a former scout with Manchester City and Crewe Alexandra, and Gordon Neely, who coached at Hibernian FC, Rangers and Dundee United, would both terrify players aged 11 to 15 with ghost stories and “haunted house” pranks before abusing them.

Bennell, 66, is serving 31 years in jail for molesting children on an “industrial scale” between 1979-90.

Several of Neely’s victims accused him of rape after he died of cancer in 2014, aged 62.

The Offside Trust, which supports survivors of abuse in sport, is convinced that a host of high-profile offenders who coached British youth teams exchanged grooming tactics and passed around victims. The Times revealed last week that an investigation had been launched into claims that some of the country’s most infamous sex abusers were part of an organised cross-border “paedophile network”.

Steve Walters, director of the Offside Trust, said: “The ‘haunted house’ techniques used by Bennell and Neely are too similar for it to be a coincidence. We have also received reports about other coaches who used these scare tactics as a means to groom their victims.”
A number of Bennell’s victims recall being abused at a property in Wales known as the haunted house. They gave evidence that he told ghost stories, made them watch horror films and played sinister pranks.
“I can recall one of the boys in a dormitory waking with a sheep or ram’s head in their bunk bed,” Chris Unsworth, a former Manchester City youth player who was abused by Bennell for years, said.
Mr Walters, who was also abused by the coach, said: “When I was with Bennell at his house he would always put on A Nightmare on Elm Street with Freddy Krueger. It was extremely frightening and he used it as a tool to force us to get closer to him.”
Victims of Neely told how he hosted “ghost weekends” at an outdoor retreat centre in Perthshire when he was a coach with Hutchison Vale, an Edinburgh youth side, in the early 1980s.
One survivor, now in his forties, said Neely would tell scary stories and have accomplices run around in white sheets pretending to be ghosts.
“We were put through all manner of terrors and Neely would be the one with the hugs, the one we could go to if we couldn’t sleep,” he said. “It seems obvious now we were being groomed in a very deliberate way.”
The Offside Trust believes that Bennell was working with paedophiles including Jim McCafferty, the former Celtic kit man and boys’ club coach; Frank Roper, a youth coach with links to Manchester City and Blackpool; Bob Higgins, who abused 24 victims at Southampton and Peterborough United; and Kit Carson, a Norwich City and Peterborough United coach who killed himself after being accused of offences against boys.
They are all either dead or imprisoned on child sex charges.
One survivor has told an Scottish FA-commissioned review that he was abused separately by McCafferty and Bennell after being introduced to them by Bill Kelly, a former coach with the West Lothian team Uphall Saints. Kelly was jailed for sexually assaulting 12 players at the now defunct club over a 22-year period.
Another of his victims claimed that Kelly was an associate of Harry Dunn, the former Rangers and Liverpool youth scout, who died before he could stand trial on abuse charges in 2017.
Four senior figures at Celtic Boys Club being found guilty of child sex offences has further strengthened claims of collusion between abusers.

Times
Marc Horne

Two notorious predators who targeted young players at football clubs across Britain deployed almost identical methods to isolate their victims.

Barry Bennell, a former scout with Manchester City and Crewe Alexandra, and Gordon Neely, who coached at Hibernian FC, Rangers and Dundee United, would both terrify players aged 11 to 15 with ghost stories and “haunted house” pranks before abusing them.

Bennell, 66, is serving 31 years in jail for molesting children on an “industrial scale” between 1979-90.

Several of Neely’s victims accused him of rape after he died of cancer in 2014, aged 62.

The Offside Trust, which supports survivors of abuse in sport, is convinced that a host of high-profile offenders who coached British youth teams exchanged grooming tactics and passed around victims. The Times revealed last week that an investigation had been launched into claims that some of the country’s most infamous sex abusers were part of an organised cross-border “paedophile network”.

Steve Walters, director of the Offside Trust, said: “The ‘haunted house’ techniques used by Bennell and Neely are too similar for it to be a coincidence. We have also received reports about other coaches who used these scare tactics as a means to groom their victims.”
A number of Bennell’s victims recall being abused at a property in Wales known as the haunted house. They gave evidence that he told ghost stories, made them watch horror films and played sinister pranks.
“I can recall one of the boys in a dormitory waking with a sheep or ram’s head in their bunk bed,” Chris Unsworth, a former Manchester City youth player who was abused by Bennell for years, said.
Mr Walters, who was also abused by the coach, said: “When I was with Bennell at his house he would always put on A Nightmare on Elm Street with Freddy Krueger. It was extremely frightening and he used it as a tool to force us to get closer to him.”
Victims of Neely told how he hosted “ghost weekends” at an outdoor retreat centre in Perthshire when he was a coach with Hutchison Vale, an Edinburgh youth side, in the early 1980s.
One survivor, now in his forties, said Neely would tell scary stories and have accomplices run around in white sheets pretending to be ghosts.
“We were put through all manner of terrors and Neely would be the one with the hugs, the one we could go to if we couldn’t sleep,” he said. “It seems obvious now we were being groomed in a very deliberate way.”
The Offside Trust believes that Bennell was working with paedophiles including Jim McCafferty, the former Celtic kit man and boys’ club coach; Frank Roper, a youth coach with links to Manchester City and Blackpool; Bob Higgins, who abused 24 victims at Southampton and Peterborough United; and Kit Carson, a Norwich City and Peterborough United coach who killed himself after being accused of offences against boys.
They are all either dead or imprisoned on child sex charges.
One survivor has told an Scottish FA-commissioned review that he was abused separately by McCafferty and Bennell after being introduced to them by Bill Kelly, a former coach with the West Lothian team Uphall Saints. Kelly was jailed for sexually assaulting 12 players at the now defunct club over a 22-year period.
Another of his victims claimed that Kelly was an associate of Harry Dunn, the former Rangers and Liverpool youth scout, who died before he could stand trial on abuse charges in 2017.
Four senior figures at Celtic Boys Club being found guilty of child sex offences has further strengthened claims of collusion between abusers.
Sick fucks. This was wide spread but seems to was fostered at Celtic.

The sentencing in Scotland makes me sick, 20-30years down south equates to 3-4 years up here.
I can assure you Holland is far worse. I know of a case of a man well in his 70's who was found guilty of abusing a young girl between the age of 10-15 years. The judge considered a one year prison sentence but let him off because he would lose his council house if jailed.

I can assure you Holland is far worse. I know of a case of a man well in his 70's who was found guilty of abusing a young girl between the age of 10-15 years. The judge considered a one year prison sentence but let him off because he would lose his council house if jailed.
Its sick that age is even considered on sentencing, it wasn't considered when he committed the crime.

Back