Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Times
Marc Horne

Two notorious predators who targeted young players at football clubs across Britain deployed almost identical methods to isolate their victims.

Barry Bennell, a former scout with Manchester City and Crewe Alexandra, and Gordon Neely, who coached at Hibernian FC, Rangers and Dundee United, would both terrify players aged 11 to 15 with ghost stories and “haunted house” pranks before abusing them.

Bennell, 66, is serving 31 years in jail for molesting children on an “industrial scale” between 1979-90.

Several of Neely’s victims accused him of rape after he died of cancer in 2014, aged 62.

The Offside Trust, which supports survivors of abuse in sport, is convinced that a host of high-profile offenders who coached British youth teams exchanged grooming tactics and passed around victims. The Times revealed last week that an investigation had been launched into claims that some of the country’s most infamous sex abusers were part of an organised cross-border “paedophile network”.

Steve Walters, director of the Offside Trust, said: “The ‘haunted house’ techniques used by Bennell and Neely are too similar for it to be a coincidence. We have also received reports about other coaches who used these scare tactics as a means to groom their victims.”
A number of Bennell’s victims recall being abused at a property in Wales known as the haunted house. They gave evidence that he told ghost stories, made them watch horror films and played sinister pranks.
“I can recall one of the boys in a dormitory waking with a sheep or ram’s head in their bunk bed,” Chris Unsworth, a former Manchester City youth player who was abused by Bennell for years, said.
Mr Walters, who was also abused by the coach, said: “When I was with Bennell at his house he would always put on A Nightmare on Elm Street with Freddy Krueger. It was extremely frightening and he used it as a tool to force us to get closer to him.”
Victims of Neely told how he hosted “ghost weekends” at an outdoor retreat centre in Perthshire when he was a coach with Hutchison Vale, an Edinburgh youth side, in the early 1980s.
One survivor, now in his forties, said Neely would tell scary stories and have accomplices run around in white sheets pretending to be ghosts.
“We were put through all manner of terrors and Neely would be the one with the hugs, the one we could go to if we couldn’t sleep,” he said. “It seems obvious now we were being groomed in a very deliberate way.”
The Offside Trust believes that Bennell was working with paedophiles including Jim McCafferty, the former Celtic kit man and boys’ club coach; Frank Roper, a youth coach with links to Manchester City and Blackpool; Bob Higgins, who abused 24 victims at Southampton and Peterborough United; and Kit Carson, a Norwich City and Peterborough United coach who killed himself after being accused of offences against boys.
They are all either dead or imprisoned on child sex charges.
One survivor has told an Scottish FA-commissioned review that he was abused separately by McCafferty and Bennell after being introduced to them by Bill Kelly, a former coach with the West Lothian team Uphall Saints. Kelly was jailed for sexually assaulting 12 players at the now defunct club over a 22-year period.
Another of his victims claimed that Kelly was an associate of Harry Dunn, the former Rangers and Liverpool youth scout, who died before he could stand trial on abuse charges in 2017.
Four senior figures at Celtic Boys Club being found guilty of child sex offences has further strengthened claims of collusion between abusers.
This article today again proves the links to perpetrators down south. It’s time for this matter to be taken away from the under-qualified government of Scotland and handed to professionals in Westminster.

If you look at the difference between The Times report and the rhag Scottish Sun.
Nowhere in these articles does it say that this abuse took place while Neely was at Rangers. Yet The Scottish Sun have him photographed in our colours. They just can’t help themselves.

Sick fuk ,but in comparison to physical sex abuse how the actual fuk do the scummy sleaze bags connected to the words sickest club in the beastend of Glasgow seem to get away Scot free? Make me sick

I read this post before it was deleted by Twitter. It was merely asking Humza Yousaf why he appeared to have no appetite for a full independent inquiry into child abuse at CFC.

Just goes to show you the illusion of openness and receptiveness of Humza on Twitter.

Basically, he is just creating his own echo chamber and those who do not agree with him i.e the majority, are being censored.

The guy obviously does not support the principles of free speech.

I read this post before it was deleted by Twitter. It was merely asking Humza Yousaf why he appeared to have no appetite for a full independent inquiry into child abuse at CFC.

Just goes to show you the illusion of openness and receptiveness of Humza on Twitter.

Basically, he is just creating his own echo chamber and those who do not agree with him i.e the majority, are being censored.

The guy obviously does not support the principles of free speech.
This is how bad Scotland has become. They allow IRA sympathisers to walk our streets whilst they also share a platform with Sinn Fein/IRA. Yet a genuine question is asked to the under-qualified justice secretary, they report it and the account is suspended.
We are fighting against a corrupt government on this issue and they need to know that we are going nowhere until we get answers on the abuse his beloved club has committed against children.
A prime example of why this inquiry has to be under the direction of Westminster.
We are living in dangerous times in Scotland and this government has to be defeated.

That shallow feeble excuse for a justice minister and his attitude like the rest of his party shows how far this once proud country is in the shîtter with them at the helm.

Vote’s over justice indeed,did he have any hand in that “alledged” legislation being omitted form the report,as they play victim well,the irony eh. !

I have a nomination for some Celtic coaches next cell mate.
The difference in sentences compared to Scotland is inexcusable. It makes you wonder how high in position of authority are involved in child abuse.
I believe, as I’ve said many times that the only people qualified to carry out a full independent inquiry is Westminster.
The Scottish government and the justice secretary especially are not qualified to appoint the right person to do so.
And the worrying thing also is all but one SNP, MSP that we have contacted in the past don’t even think there is a requirement for an inquiry. To us that speaks volumes. Especially when the majority of opposition MSP’s support the need for a full independent inquiry.

If you look at the difference between The Times report and the rhag Scottish Sun.
Nowhere in these articles does it say that this abuse took place while Neely was at Rangers. Yet The Scottish Sun have him photographed in our colours. They just can’t help themselves.

This is where the club should be pulling up these people about misleading articles. Dignified silence doesn’t work in this day and age. Time to get shouting from the rooftops.

Only the big bad Rangers will sell their rags. Yet no mention of Hibs and their failure to disclose Neely’s crimes under their watch.
Our PR is very weak. Whatever the reason for this I don't know. I had really very high hopes when Chris Graham was appointed after The King usurped these devious bastards but he was out before he got his feet under the table. I thought at the time it was regrettable. I didn't realise just how very regrettable it would turn out to be.

Yesterday on Twitter Humza announced he had appointed an official to head the the inquiry into Sheku Bayoh. So I decided to ask him about the inquiry into his beloved club....,

————
And what about the inquiry into the child abuse that has taken place at Celtic Football Club? This is now long overdue. The victims and families deserve answers now. Or again, will you ignore them?

————
After I sent the above I was removed from Twitter. To me that was a genuine question with no insults. So obviously Humza doesn’t agree with freedom of speech and reported me.
What a sad little man if a genuine question about the biggest scandal in world football upsets him. Like said before, we all know where his loyalties lie and it’s certainly not with the victims of child abuse or their families.

Yesterday on Twitter Humza announced he had appointed an official to head the the inquiry into Sheku Bayoh. So I decided to ask him about the inquiry into his beloved club....,

————
And what about the inquiry into the child abuse that has taken place at Celtic Football Club? This is now long overdue. The victims and families deserve answers now. Or again, will you ignore them?

————
After I sent the above I was removed from Twitter. To me that was a genuine question with no insults. So obviously Humza doesn’t agree with freedom of speech and reported me.
What a sad little man if a genuine question about the biggest scandal in world football upsets him. Like said before, we all know where his loyalties lie and it’s certainly not with the victims of child abuse or their families.
Twitter deleted your account for that?

Twitter deleted your account for that?
His tweet and my reply.

Pleased to announce Lord Bracadale has agreed to be the Independent Chair of the Public Inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the death of Sheku Bayoh. Lord Bracadale is a man of impeccable integrity, I am grateful for his agreement to Chair the Inquiry.

And what about the inquiry into the child abuse that has taken place at Celtic football club. This is now long overdue. The victims and families deserve answers now. Or again will you ignore them?

His tweet and my reply.

Pleased to announce Lord Bracadale has agreed to be the Independent Chair of the Public Inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the death of Sheku Bayoh. Lord Bracadale is a man of impeccable integrity, I am grateful for his agreement to Chair the Inquiry.

And what about the inquiry into the child abuse that has taken place at Celtic football club. This is now long overdue. The victims and families deserve answers now. Or again will you ignore them?

If twitter banned you for that there’s something wrong and you should be able to appeal that.

If twitter banned you for that there’s something wrong and you should be able to appeal that.
On the issue of this thread, we have contacted every MSP including Humza. So I decided to go on Twitter for the first time to try and get this individual to reply. That was my first ever tweet and got suspended.
I won’t appeal it. I’d rather publicise the fact that this individual refuses to answer questions on such a major issue. It proves where his loyalties lie as far as I’m concerned.

Looks like Useless is now reporting legitimate questions to twitter and probably claiming it's some sort of abuse to silence these awkward questions he does not want to answer
I agree. It actually shows how under qualified this individual is to hold the position he is in. Everyone working on this behind the scenes has seen the full tweet. We will continue to pressure Humza for answers.

————

————
He is acting like a third world dictator

Humza is a sorry excuse for a human being. He is the embodiment of political correctness gone mad. If Scotland we to be independent they will become a laughing stock with politicians like this and other SNP stogies. I think Donald Trump would compulsively beat him up because that’s what you do to little twat boys.

I believe Haining84 started this thread in May 2019 , it has nearly reached 500 pages and not one reaction from the so called Justice Minister , it really say’s a lot for the toothless Scottish Government who don’t seem to be in the least bit concerned about child safety in sport or anywhere else for that matter which is astoundingly shocking and parents should be very concerned :mad: .

I believe Haining84 started this thread in May 2019 , it has nearly reached 500 pages and not one reaction from the so called Justice Minister , it really say’s a lot for the toothless Scottish Government who don’t seem to be in the least bit concerned about child safety in sport or anywhere else for that matter which is astoundingly shocking and parents should be very concerned :mad: .
I couldn’t agree more. There is no other country on this earth where a government would fail victims and families the way these under qualified racist bastards have.
Another concern is there is only a minority in the media that are also fighting this cause. The SNP will not jeopardise anything that will lose them votes.
They are not only ignoring the subject of child abuse committed by that so called football club, but after watching the footage in Glasgow today they have turned their back on every ex and serving member of the forces by allowing that filth to march on our streets.
The SNP are dangerous. John Mason has shown his true colours recently. I’ll fight to my last breath to rid our country of nationalism. My reason... They have shared a platform with Irish republicanism and have let the people of Scotland down for one aim and one aim only.
I apologise for deviating away from the subject of the thread but I’ve worked on this for a long time now and the corruption that I’ve witnessed is frightening.
We need Westminster, and I can assure you we are doing our utmost to get them involved.

Yes. I’m suspended from sending or receiving tweets. The thing is I’ve actually seen worse. I didn’t insult or use bad language.
I am not on Twitter so not familiar with how it works. To have your account suspended for asking a perfectly reasonable question (in any country outside Scotland ) is quite frankly worrying. What sort of country are we living in when you can’t ask the authorities for help for survivors and their families of CSA ?

Humza in an uneducated bigot. How the Snatzis have appointed him Justice secretary is beyond a joke. He is an utter cretin with zero qualifications to hold this post.
Westminster is our only hope of any joy in exposing those at Septic FC, as sadly, the "kiddy oan" parliament is not fit for purpose.

I am not on Twitter so not familiar with how it works. To have your account suspended for asking a perfectly reasonable question (in any country outside Scotland ) is quite frankly worrying. What sort of country are we living in when you can’t ask the authorities for help for survivors and their families of CSA ?
I’ve learnt my lesson. Keep off Twitter if you want answers.

Humza in an uneducated bigot. How the Snatzis have appointed him Justice secretary is beyond a joke. He is an utter cretin with zero qualifications to hold this post.
Westminster is our only hope of any joy in exposing those at Septic FC, as sadly, the "kiddy oan" parliament is not fit for purpose.
I agree. John Mason recently gave a reply that he wouldn’t oppose a full independent inquiry. His next statement was he doesn’t see what it would achieve. Let me introduce you to victims and family members that would strongly disagree. This individual after winning his seat stated he wouldn’t represent people in his constituency that disagreed with his beliefs. Another one not fit for purpose.

He’s not answered the victims families that we know. After nearly 2 years of us contacting him we’ve received nothing.
Hopefully a full independent inquiry will give him no choice but to answer for his failures.
As frustrating as it must be dealing with these individuals and trying to get answers please be in the knowledge that once the truth comes out these individuals will have to explain their own actions and hopefully they then face justice.

The Snatzi party are proving how worthless they really are because they are only interested in breaking up the UK and as far as anything else goes it’s just meaningless words . They are living off the fat of the land and Scotland is becoming over run with drug dealers , gangsters and even in Govanhill which is Nikla’s constituency btw, people who live their are under constant fear of gangs of Romas with muggings and such and the place is now a slum with rubbish in back courts and along the pavements . There has even been reports of Romas selling kids for sex outside pubs at night . I was brought up there and it breaks my heart to see the way it has become . SNP ?…..Geeza break !

His response (or lack of it) doesnt surprise me now going by his past record, I would be genuinly shocked if he did give reply thats fitting of a Justice minister. Your question rightly exposed CSA in this country and he shut you down as this doesnt suit his political agenda or the team he supports. He doesnt even have the moral decency to briefly answer your question and give support for abuse suvivors, so rather than be held accountable he chose to have you removed from twitter. This is snp policy in a snapshop
Your question was spot on, he has continually failed to do the right thing and it is HE that needs to be removed from office.

Last edited:

The same lawyer representing children abuse in state care got Cairney off for child rape. You can’t make this shit up.

The same lawyer representing children abuse in state care got Cairney off for child rape. You can’t make this shit up.

corrupt.

The Twitter situation is concerning too. We should be asking twitter why they are censoring inoffensive posts.

Back