Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

corrupt.

The Twitter situation is concerning too. We should be asking twitter why they are censoring inoffensive posts.
I agree wholeheartedly. They will have set criteria for removing posts and posters. For the life of me I cannot see what possible rules could have been broken for asking an elected official a perfectly reasonable question. The level of censorship is frightening.

I agree wholeheartedly. They will have set criteria for removing posts and posters. For the life of me I cannot see what possible rules could have been broken for asking an elected official a perfectly reasonable question. The level of censorship is frightening.
I used the app’s reporting function to complain about this censorship.

hopefully will make them think twice about deleting any tweets and banning any accounts that Humza doesn’t like

The same lawyer representing children abuse in state care got Cairney off for child rape. You can’t make this shit up.

100% BL it’s adisgrace and the extremes for the sake of money,how they sleep ffs.

Some posters are saying they can’t see the full article on Collins....

A lawyer who represents survivors of childhood sexual abuse is facing a backlash for securing a reduced sentence for a Scottish paedophile.

Francis Cairney, a former manager at Celtic Boys Club, was given a four-year jail term for abusing young footballers in the 1970s and 1980s.

His sentence was reduced to three years after appeal judges ruled in November that a failure to disclose one alleged victim’s past crimes of dishonesty amounted to a “miscarriage of justice”. Cairney’s appeal was handled by Simon Collins, a solicitor advocate who heads the legal team for In Care Abuse Survivors (Incas), a charity that represents about 400 survivors and is a core participant at the Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry.

Collins has not broken any rules but his decision to take on the appeal has caused upset. Michelle Gray, whose late brother, Andrew, was abused by Celtic Boys Club founder Jim Torbett, a convicted paedophile, said: “I understand that lawyers have a job to do, but why help Cairney get a reduced sentence on a legal loophole? I find that questionable.”

One legal observer said Collins’s involvement with the Cairney case was “a moral line [that] had been crossed”, while a Scottish lawyer said he could see no issue.

David Whelan, a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and spokesman for Former Boys And Girls Abused of Quarriers Homes, said: “My feeling is that you can’t be in both camps.” Janine Rennie, from Wellbeing Scotland, a survivors’ support group, described it as a “major misjudgement”, adding: “In my view, there’s a real conflict of interest if a lawyer represents survivors in a high-profile manner and at the same time helps defend a predatory paedophile.”

Helen Holland, chairwoman of Incas, said she was aware of Collins’ role in the Cairney case but it “did not raise any undue concerns”.

Under Scottish law, advocates are obliged to accept cases under the “cab rank” rule, which ensures that an individual, regardless of the crime or crimes they are accused of, receive robust legal representation. The rule does not apply to solicitor advocates such as Collins, who did not defend Cairney at his 2018 trial but led the paedophile’s appeal last year.

The appeal hinged on the Crown’s failure to disclose past crimes of one complainant, referred to in court documents as “WA”, including obtaining property by deception. Collins argued that knowledge of the man’s past crimes could have assisted the defence case. Appeal judges agreed and Cairney’s conviction for the alleged attack on WA — which accounted for one year of his four-year sentence — was quashed.

WA passed away shortly after the appeal verdict, aged 60, from natural causes.

Professor Alan Paterson, director of the Centre for Professional Legal Studies at the University of Strathclyde University, said: “Without commenting on the facts of this particular case, one can understand why survivors of abuse might well find it difficult and unacceptable in principle for lawyers to act for both victims and for accused persons, but historically the traditions of advocacy have entailed that advocates may one day represent an employer and the next an employee or one day act for a personal injury victim and the next act for an insurance company.”

Collins was approached by this newspaper but declined to comment.

A lawyer who represents survivors of childhood sexual abuse is facing a backlash for securing a reduced sentence for a Scottish paedophile.

Francis Cairney, a former manager at Celtic Boys Club, was given a four-year jail term for abusing young footballers in the 1970s and 1980s.

His sentence was reduced to three years after appeal judges ruled in November that a failure to disclose one alleged victim’s past crimes of dishonesty amounted to a “miscarriage of justice”. Cairney’s appeal was handled by Simon Collins, a solicitor advocate who heads the legal team for In Care Abuse Survivors (Incas), a charity that represents about 400 survivors and is a core participant at the Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry.

Can't believe what I'm reading here.

In one hand Collins heads up the legal team for In Care Abuse Survivors, in the other, he's representing a convicted paedophile, and succeeds in getting his sentence reduced on appeal!

WHAT THE ACTUAL F#CK IS GOING ON HERE?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another day, another boot in the balls for victims of child abuse everywhere.

Is there no one out there prepared to take their plight on without looking for personal, political or financial gain? It would appear not.

However, what Coliins has done is a whole new level of low.

The actions of that creep, no matter how you spin it, can only add to the despair.

Surely this needs addressed
It will be. Along with ourselves the correct journalists as you can see by this thread are also onto it. The whole system reference this issue is corrupt to the core.
This week we have contacted many MPs in Westminster as there is definitely proof of cross border abuse.
It needs to be taken away from Holyrood. They have proved on many occasions they are not fit for purpose to deal with this subject.

Collins has not broken any rules but his decision to take on the appeal has caused upset. Michelle Gray, whose late brother, Andrew, was abused by Celtic Boys Club founder Jim Torbett, a convicted paedophile, said: “I understand that lawyers have a job to do, but why help Cairney get a reduced sentence on a legal loophole? I find that questionable.”

One legal observer said Collins’s involvement with the Cairney case was “a moral line [that] had been crossed”, while a Scottish lawyer said he could see no issue.

David Whelan, a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and spokesman for Former Boys And Girls Abused of Quarriers Homes, said: “My feeling is that you can’t be in both camps.” Janine Rennie, from Wellbeing Scotland, a survivors’ support group, described it as a “major misjudgement”, adding: “In my view, there’s a real conflict of interest if a lawyer represents survivors in a high-profile manner and at the same time helps defend a predatory paedophile.”

Helen Holland, chairwoman of Incas, said she was aware of Collins’ role in the Cairney case but it “did not raise any undue concerns”.

Under Scottish law, advocates are obliged to accept cases under the “cab rank” rule, which ensures that an individual, regardless of the crime or crimes they are accused of, receive robust legal representation. The rule does not apply to solicitor advocates such as Collins, who did not defend Cairney at his 2018 trial but led the paedophile’s appeal last year.

The appeal hinged on the Crown’s failure to disclose past crimes of one complainant, referred to in court documents as “WA”, including obtaining property by deception. Collins argued that knowledge of the man’s past crimes could have assisted the defence case. Appeal judges agreed and Cairney’s conviction for the alleged attack on WA — which accounted for one year of his four-year sentence — was quashed.

Professor Alan Paterson, director of the Centre for Professional Legal Studies at the University of Strathclyde University, said: “Without commenting on the facts of this particular case, one can understand why survivors of abuse might well find it difficult and unacceptable in principle for lawyers to act for both victims and for accused persons, but historically the traditions of advocacy have entailed that advocates may one day represent an employer and the next an employee or one day act for a personal injury victim and the next act for an insurance company.”

What an absolute snake.

Something tells me this is getting drip feed for a reason here,there is more to come on this and others,but the powers that be STILL trying to suppress the truth,but is gonna fall flat on its arse.

There is good people out there that will expose these crimes and reporters who care and are passionate for their profession.

As another poster elegantly put on another thread I liked the rest of that mob complicit in this are”rat eating bastards”.

It will be. Along with ourselves the correct journalists as you can see by this thread are also onto it. The whole system reference this issue is corrupt to the core.
This week we have contacted many MPs in Westminster as there is definitely proof of cross border abuse.
It needs to be taken away from Holyrood. They have proved on many occasions they are not fit for purpose to deal with this subject.
I was going to ask that question...that's brilliant. Well done guys , great move.

Justice, it's just a word in Scotland with no real meaning in law, religion and practice

Those that run our country disgust me, there is more done for drug abusers and criminals than there is for the law abiding working man. They bend over backwards to help them as I have personally witnessed. Social workers are either under qualified or just clueless but those who turn a blind eye are the worst of all. I have seen hundreds of children who have been abused one way or another put into foster care and the first thing they want to do is get them back with their parent or parents which let me tell you is so fuqing terrifying in some instances it makes you sick to the pit of your stomach. I will say no more of this in case trouble ensues but as watching from my perspective it would make a glass eye cry. Humza is just a cnut, repeat, just a cnut!

I couldn’t agree more. There is no other country on this earth where a government would fail victims and families the way these under qualified racist bastards have.
Another concern is there is only a minority in the media that are also fighting this cause. The SNP will not jeopardise anything that will lose them votes.
They are not only ignoring the subject of child abuse committed by that so called football club, but after watching the footage in Glasgow today they have turned their back on every ex and serving member of the forces by allowing that filth to march on our streets.
The SNP are dangerous. John Mason has shown his true colours recently. I’ll fight to my last breath to rid our country of nationalism. My reason... They have shared a platform with Irish republicanism and have let the people of Scotland down for one aim and one aim only.
I apologise for deviating away from the subject of the thread but I’ve worked on this for a long time now and the corruption that I’ve witnessed is frightening.
We need Westminster, and I can assure you we are doing our utmost to get them involved.
Your fighting the good fight here. Answered are needed, in fact, we DEMAND answers.
every outlet from the government to the press have tried to hide, sweep and manipulate this story. It’s disgusting that even our JUSTICE minister is failing to fight for the very thing that puts him in office, his very job title should demand that he seeks to deal with this issue.

The reality is he won’t do anything but at the very least we should demand his resignation immediately for shunning his very duty he is in office for.
He is a disgusting excuse for a politician and more importantly a person.

JUSTICE should and WILL be served with or without Humza Useless. Let’s all make sure of that

“One legal observer said Collins’s involvement with the Cairney case was “a moral line [that] had been crossed”, while a Scottish lawyer said he could see no issue.

Firstly, I think we can all making a pretty decent guess at the sound of the name of the anonymously quoted lawyer being quoted here, but that is a disgusting attitude.

Anyway, the clear conflict of interest for Collins here is genuinely alarming. I work in a field where we actually have to record and report any perceived conflicts of interests (to protect vulnerable clients) and then record exactly what steps we’ve taken to ensure that those conflict risks are managed (including refering clients to wnother practitioner.

How can it possibly be the case that an individual involved with an organisation to protect victims of paedophiles could pissibly feel there is no c flict with the same person then representing s convicted paedophile to get him out of orison earlier.

There honestky are no depths to which that lot won’t stoop. Conpletely without morals.

“One legal observer said Collins’s involvement with the Cairney case was “a moral line [that] had been crossed”, while a Scottish lawyer said he could see no issue.

Firstly, I think we can all making a pretty decent guess at the sound of the name of the anonymously quoted lawyer being quoted here, but that is a disgusting attitude.

Anyway, the clear conflict of interest for Collins here is genuinely alarming. I work in a field where we actually have to record and report any perceived conflicts of interests (to protect vulnerable clients) and then record exactly what steps we’ve taken to ensure that those conflict risks are managed (including refering clients to wnother practitioner.

How can it possibly be the case that an individual involved with an organisation to protect victims of paedophiles could pissibly feel there is no c flict with the same person then representing s convicted paedophile to get him out of orison earlier.

There honestky are no depths to which that lot won’t stoop. Conpletely without morals.
The goalposts get moved.

What a %*#+ing pathetic excuse of a #*#*.

online photo hosting

Then he’s got the affront to have a justgiving page to raise money for the victims.

I really still can’t get my head round this. He has worked to help victims and then this? We have put a lot of hard work into this and then we get this individuals actions to assist a perpetrator.
I promised myself I wouldn’t go back on Twitter but this will be my next question to the under qualified justice secretary, along with other’s in the background who will be bombarding him this week. It’s disgusting.

[QUOT E="BlueNose94, post: 5189334, member: 16178"]
I really still can’t get my head round this. He has worked to help victims and then this? We have put a lot of hard work into this and then we get this individuals actions to assist a perpetrator.
I promised myself I wouldn’t go back on Twitter but this will be my next question to the under qualified justice secretary, along with other’s in the background who will be bombarding him this week. It’s disgusting.
[/QUOTE]
It's common practice amongst nonces to endear themselves to victims first, sad to say.

This gov are trying to condition us to accept their twisted policies as the norm hoping we will all shout Freedom! Shockingly far too many do just this, if I ever grow to accept this shit somebody please shoot me. I just cannot get my head around how far we as a country are willing to fall.

What a horrible two faced shitebag.
Unreal,just fuckin unreal.

What a horrible two faced shitebag.
Unreal,just fuckin unreal.
Fuckn unreal like you say. Imagine any victim that has been involved with Collins reading that today? The government are not helping anyone. They can talk as much shite as they want but they have helped nobody.
You only have to look at the campaign to get justice for Andrew Gray. Michelle and Helene have fought, and are still fighting for justice. The answer is simple. A full independent inquiry, but not by the inept government in Holyrood. It has to be Westminster.
This brings me to certain corrupt press individuals. Of course the inquiry has to involve every club where perpetrators existed. Certain press outlets cannot bring themselves to admit that there was consistent abuse and coverups at Celtic football club and players, management and officials also knew about it.
But it’s fine, it was an “open secret”
Now granted our club could be involved. But not in consistent abuse, a coverup and the re-employment of a perpetrator. They are guilty but they have friends in high places. Their support in their words “like no other” have constantly abused the Grays on social media. That speaks volumes. They also know their club is guilty.
I don’t believe for one minute that systematic child abuse has taken place at Celtic Football Club for 40 years. I believe it’s longer than that.

I was just reading the other day about spfl charmain Murdoch Mcclennan, we are told he only holds an honoury role as chairman of the press association. Far from it, he is also head chairman of PA Media who own the Record and also sat on the commision for devolution for Sotland. Then there is Denis obrien shareholder at septic, he sits on the trilateral commission, topping it of with Desmonds links with the Irish goverment through banking. They have a monopoly not only in football but also the media in scotland, and as far as the snp is concerened you can bet theres a lot of back scratching going on between this lot. Between cover ups and propaganda we have a battle on in this country for those not bowing down to their snp/siin fein mantra. Letting westminster know how we feel about whats happening up here is a good call imo

Last edited:
A quick look on wiki shows how confident they are, contrast septic page with ours and its night and day. There page is well polished with the odd blemish, ours drags up all sorts of half truths and even has a full page dedicated to the manchester final, and no not the actual game. Its a well tuned formula they are pushing.

This place is a cespit now, the swamp needs drained to coin a phrase.

I was just reading the other day about spfl charmain Murdoch Mcclennan, we are told he only holds an honoury role as chairman of the press association. Far from it, he is also head chairman of PA Media who own the Record and also sat on the commision for devolution for Sotland. Then there is Denis obrien shareholder at septic, he sits on the trilateral commission, topping it of with Desmonds links with the Irish goverment through banking. They have a monopoly not only in football but also the media in scotland, and as far as the snp is concerened you can bet theres a lot of back scratching going on between this lot. Between cover ups and propaganda we have a battle on in this country for those not bowing down to their snp/siin fein mantra. Letting westminster know how we feel about whats happening up here is a good call imo
most of Celtcs big shareholders are no friends of SNP, as much as I hate both

most of Celtcs big shareholders are no friends of SNP, as much as I hate both
Im lead to believe thats true for a few of them, but I dont think for a moment that would put them off when it comes to controling this country. They will do so using any means and jumping into bed with anyone is their rule of law. When in Rome....

I was just reading the other day about Murdoch Mcclennan, we are told he only holds an honoury role as chairman of the press association. Far from it, he is also head chairman of PA Media who own the Record and also sat on the commision for devolution for Sotland. Then there is Denis obrien shareholder at septic, he sits on the trilateral commission, topping it of with Desmonds links with the Irish goverment through banking. They have a monopoly on all things media in scotland, and as far as the snp is concerened you can bet theres a lot of back scratching going on between this lot. Between cover ups and propaganda we have a battle on in this country for those not bowing down to their snp/siin fein mantra. Letting westminster know how we feel about whats happening up here is a good call imo
Going back a year or 2 Ally, we were giving all the information we had to Westminster. The replies like a few of us have mentioned on here before was “we can give a personal opinion but can’t act professionally due to the devolved government issue” So frustrating but true. We knew a long time ago there was cross border links to child abuse. Now that it has been proved then imo there is no choice but for Westminster to be involved.
Let the corrupt SFA have their Mickey Mouse inquiry. Even though Martin Hendry who is heading it never had any criminal charges brought against him, the previous company that he kept doesn’t look very good in his previous employment. A strange appointment.

For the record the result today has in no way vexxed me, yes I get pissed off with the results at times but not vexxed. This calous lawyer has though, im thinking how on earth is this possible? Do we really think this is okay in this country? When you really think about it its bloody twisted ;(

Last edited:
Going back a year or 2 Ally, we were giving all the information we had to Westminster. The replies like a few of us have mentioned on here before was “we can give a personal opinion but can’t act professionally due to the devolved government issue” So frustrating but true. We knew a long time ago there was cross border links to child abuse. Now that it has been proved then imo there is no choice but for Westminster to be involved.
Let the corrupt SFA have their Mickey Mouse inquiry. Even though Martin Hendry who is heading it never had any criminal charges brought against him, the previous company that he kept doesn’t look very good in his previous employment. A strange appointment.

Yes there is genuine concern regards Henry and the sfa "report" Dornan given the responsibility of convincing yousless, and the general apathy towards something as serious as this. When you pile up all the failures and inconsistencies there is a solid basis for appealing to westminster

All quiet on here?

Read this today kind of shows you what we are up against in Scotland. What looks to be a successful operation resulting in a grooming gang being captured and this is first I read of it?

Read this today kind of shows you what we are up against in Scotland. What looks to be a successful operation resulting in a grooming gang being captured and this is first I read of it?
It’s a bit like the police in the Rotherham case, they didn’t want to raise racial tension because it was an Asian grooming gang, they are all sickos that use children because they are vulnerable, you get them done and banged away from the streets helping the communities to become safer for the more vulnerable within society

Back