Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I think @jf1960 is referring to me reference threats. It doesn’t bother me in the slightest. It only means we are hitting a nerve.
Like the poster says above this post, keyboard warriors aren’t worth worrying about.
It says a lot about that filth. Protecting their beloved club over child abuse. A club and a support like no other. Thankfully.

Last edited:
Sincerely hope just how involved McGinn and Kelly were in all this disgusting affair, how they were in business with torbett and huge sums changed hands from the club to the business around the time of his first sentence. And Tommy Burns defence of Frank Cierney needs to be looked at hard.

Doubt it right enough.

Here's hoping that the people that have suffered so long get some justice.

I think that if the media in England take this on it may be the best development yet for the families. If there is a cross border aspect to these vile human beings crimes it could prompt Westminster to hold a nationwide enquiry into this terrible issue.

I have no confidence in the SFA investigating an issue that many of their officials and leaders have been involved in or vile crimes they have known about for forty or fifty years.

The SNP will avoid a Government enquiry at all costs to avoid upsetting their core support that they won from Scottish Labour after the National Labour Party voted against their Churches wishes in an Abortion Bill many years ago.

If they did they can kiss their dream of independence goodbye.

Bet we get dragged into this!
There will be one or two instances at other Clubs, unfortunately where there is access to children these animals will be there.

That said there is only one Club with a ring working in it over a period of over 20 years. Only one that took a perpretator back to do the same thing all over again. One Club that continued to give large contracts out to the perpretators business while he served his sentance. One Club where two Club Directors that went into business with the convicted man after his conviction and sentance. These same Directors investigated allegations about the same man before his capture and declared him innocent.

If reported these well known provable facts will tell the viewer everything they need to know.

They will try their best to name it the Scottish Football paedo issue to make the Club in question feel better but everyone outwith their bubble will know the truth.

Celtic covering up a ring of paedos for 50 years, re-employing a paedo, funding paedos businesses after they have been outed.

Rangers had a scout who said something inappropriate to a young lad, and was subsequently sacked and reported to the police.

Basically everyone's as bad as each other.

Need to learn from this

Bla bla bla

But I hope its more honest than this.

If there have been offenders at Rangers let's hear it, get it out I the open. And I don't want my club to say, oh see the old regime, nothing to do with us. We are the same club, that is what we argue, so deal with it.

As for Celtic get it out in the open also, let's hear about the enablers, the pedophiles, the ring, the separate entity, the lot.

Remember this is about the victims first of all. They have suffered enough.

Don't think your gonna hear anything we don't already know

Ian Maxwell wasn’t put in charge of Scottish football for allbut killing Patrick Thistle.
-
We’re the one not club that h s slapped down so far - not hard with Stewart Robertson at the helm - and ironically the slap down was about referees.

Do you think Brennan with Lawells permission is admitting Celtic's responsibility with this part?

'While these matters happened decades ago, Celtic are still Celtic, and have a corporate responsibility for all that went before. Fergus McCann first acknowledged what took place. He setup counselling facilities and instructed an independent investigation into the actions of the club under the old board. This happened 25 years ago. '

Is this true?
Did McCann commission an independent investigation?
If so who conducted the investigation?
Where is the final report? This should be made public.

edit: Have the SFA seen this report as part of their investigation? Have Police Scotland seen this report?

Is this true?
Did McCann commission an independent investigation?
If so who conducted the investigation?
Where is the final report? This should be made public.

edit: Have the SFA seen this report as part of their investigation? Have Police Scotland seen this report?

Hard to imagine MCann instructing an independent investigation. That's not the Celtic way.

Perhaps I'm being too sceptical as regards CQN but most likely I'm not. Regardless of my scepticism you are off course asking very relevant questions and ones that should be answered.

My gut feeling is this is just a blatant lie from CQN in an attempt to make it look like there is no cover up. However, sometimes things get revealed in error. If there was a genuinely independent investigation 25 years ago then there are a lot of questions that need answers.

My gut feeling is this is just a blatant lie from CQN in an attempt to make it look like there is no cover up. However, sometimes things get revealed in error. If there was a genuinely independent investigation 25 years ago then there are a lot of questions that need answers.
I wholeheartedly agree. My own feeling is that they're about to go the offensive in order to change the narrative. Thompson getting involved is all part of this ploy. I hope I'm wrong and that he does come out with the real story and not some deflection crap.

I wholeheartedly agree. My own feeling is that they're about to go the offensive in order to change the narrative. Thompson getting involved is all part of this ploy. I hope I'm wrong and that he does come out with the real story and not some deflection crap.
Thompson might be a scumbag but he's an investigative journalist first and last.

He doesn't want a story that says "move along - nothing to see here." He wants headlines and exposes. He wants to know where the bodies are buried and as we all know, he won't have far to look beyond the east end of Glasgow.

For those who don’t know or have recently joined the thread, it’s no secret that Thompson solicitors are representing alleged victims of Neely and Dunn.
How many we do not know.

The Neely victims may well be from his time at Hutchison Vale and Hibs and prior to Rangers. There has only ever been one victim mentioned at Ibrox and there was no allegations of sexual abuse. There may of course be other unknown.

They might be getting mistaken with the inquiry done by McGinn and Kelly where they found no wrongdoing on the behalf of their backroom staff. A truly independent inquiry would have closed the pit and saved many kids years of torture.

They might be getting mistaken with the inquiry done by McGinn and Kelly where they found no wrongdoing on the behalf of their backroom staff. A truly independent inquiry would have closed the pit and saved many kids years of torture.
Was that before or after they re-employed Torbett?

The fact there was a Kelly involved doesn't fill me with confidence.

For those who don’t know who Andy Woodward is, he was a victim of Bennell.

You get the feeling that once someone is brave enough to speak up, then a chain reaction occurs.
All the work that’s been done and continuing to be done is going to be all worth it.
We of a certain age have been all to aware of what’s went on over the years, and if we have fair, transparent and impartial reporting and investigation on the matter then all truths will out and all guilty parties will be punished, none more so than celtic football club who have kept the skeletons hidden away from sight for a long time.
The door is opening slowly but surely

That must have been under McCann Humbug ?

At face value he seemed to be doing the right thing but I’m sure I read that he dealt with possible claimants by NDA’s ?

That was nowt other than a protection of their club & nothing more.

Same as Lawwell, just a different defence tactic in my opinion.

Last edited:
In the 80s, 1986 I think, they had their famous whitewash where they claimed that the abuse claims were ‘scurrilous’.

Look how that turned out BB.
Scurrilous is a word that fits well when describing the board of that rancid club. In fact extend that to the toy town government of the country. They have still taken no responsibility. They know no shame and they show no sympathy, only contempt, for the people whose lives have been wrecked.

I sincerely hope that the victims but also the perpetrators and enablers will get what they deserve.

Scurrilous is a word that fits well when describing the board of that rancid club. In fact extend that to the toy town government of the country. They have still taken no responsibility. They know no shame and they show no sympathy, only contempt, for the people whose lives have been wrecked.

I sincerely hope that the victims but also the perpetrators and enablers will get what they deserve.

Abolutely agree Jacobite. It was THEIR word that they used to describe others as well.

As you say, and even if some of this filters onto our club via Neely, the abused & their families deserve true justice. That should always be the prime Hope & objective.

If the result means that certain organisations are seen by the world for what they really are then that will be something i will also rejoice at.

Indeed Grigo. First and foremost justice and meaningful compensation for all of the victims. Thereafter let retribution be dished out on a scale fitting these sickening crimes.

Abolutely agree Jacobite. It was THEIR word that they used to describe others as well.

As you say, and even if some of this filters onto our club via Neely, the abused & their families deserve true justice. That should always be the prime Hope & objective.

If the result means that certain organisations are seen by the world for what they really are then that will be something i will also rejoice at.

Back