Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

My wife works for the UK Gov Cabinet office (Westminster). She's English but knows whats been going on via me telling her. Her brother and step dad are both big football fans but hadnt heard anything about the number of paedophiles convicted from Celtic FC. They both live down south and were astounded they hadnt seen this reported anywhere.

This is not an area she's directly involved in but if I can be of any assistance don't hesitate to PM me.
They have kept it as quiet as they could since the 1960’s , They knew what was going on mate and it became an “ open secret “ and I suppose many around Glasgow thought it was just gossip to bad mouth CFC and the Boy’s Club but as it became more known , the more they tried to hide the facts for the sake of the Club’s good name ( no laughing at the back there ! ) and now the shit has hit the fan and hopefully the World will hear what went on at this stadium of shame . According to the poster’s on here mate there is a report about what’s happening on CH 4 NEWS 0n Friday .

Just to be aware. ill phils watching....
And he’s writing blogs, mocking as usual and using the neely guy as his response. Which is the stock answer from all tims regarding the question asked of the known abuse that happened at parkhead.

The guys good comedy value, I’ll give him that. All about the rangers for him...

It’s just a pity that Phil didn’t show as much due diligence for vulnerable pensioners in his care that ended up dead than for what’s happening on Rangers websites. Hiding in Ireland with a made up name so no one can see the blood on his hands eh Phil!?!?!

It’s just a pity that Phil didn’t show as much due diligence for vulnerable pensioners in his care that ended up dead than for what’s happening on Rangers websites. Hiding in Ireland with a made up name so no one can see the blood on his hands eh Phil!?!?!
Phil won’t bother to respond to stuff that doesn’t suit his “ranjurs ur died again twice soon” agenda.
he and his ITK people have been saying it for years and years.
Mr White/Gillivan/McGullivan Etc etc doesn’t write about anything else other than rangers.
Guys a fucking weapon, but that’s for another thread I suppose. Anyway, he’s watching this and writing about it just so folk know out there, just incase he gives out any info to his ITK people, eh? :)) :)) :))

It's a scandal - but not a surprise - football clubs weren't included in the inquiry the Scottish Government set up.

What's in the public domain about what when on is bad enough but is probably the tip of the iceberg.

The survivors getting justice is the main thing but if this was our Club we'd be hearing about how we'd been in breach of our licences for 50+ years.
Football Clubs and Religious organisations weren't included. Mmmmmm one wonders why.

Do you know who asked him mate ? You would be surprised if you did he knows this is big , money and fame will make most people think twice

Just speculating, however having seen the way he approached the stuff with us and the circles he mixed in at that time I just don't trust his motives.

However fair do's I hope you're correct and certainly don't want to de-rail the thread with a debate about Thomson.

I remain convinced they will escape justice.

There is no appetite to 'go after them'. Civic Scotland loves them and protects them....and will do so again. I know some of us hoped justice would be served but politicians, media, opinion formers, football fans, judges, etc....can we think of any group with any desire to go against ra hoops?

It is sickening but they're shielded and some defence will be raised and adhered to by the mainstream.

Just speculating, however having seen the way he approached the stuff with us and the circles he mixed in at that time I just don't trust his motives.

However fair do's I hope you're correct and certainly don't want to de-rail the thread with a debate about Thomson.

Same mindset as you tbh.

The man didn't just use people like Findlay, 3 names and Haggerty for sources or to suit his agenda, he was and I imagine still is, very very good friends with them all.

This IMO, will be a damage limitation job, or even worse, one trying to prove Celtic was a completely seperate entity.

For the families and victims, I hope I am wrong.

But if the Scottish Government are willing to turn a blind eye, if they are willing to pretend this hasn't happened, then C4 and Thomson won't think twice, I would suggest the very same Scottish Government would be pretty pleased and perhaps even pushing them in that direction.

Nothing but a deflection tactic from Celtic. The Teflon coated scum bags won’t see any form of punishment for abusing kids.

Scotland is a cesspit of papal corruption.
^^^
This is exactly what’s going on. Far more commentary on their side now, so something is afoot.
We know that it’ll end up a shitshow. CH4 and Thompson won’t tarnish the name of the bheasts.

I remain convinced they will escape justice.

There is no appetite to 'go after them'. Civic Scotland loves them and protects them....and will do so again. I know some of us hoped justice would be served but politicians, media, opinion formers, football fans, judges, etc....can we think of any group with any desire to go against ra hoops?

It is sickening but they're shielded and some defence will be raised and adhered to by the mainstream.
If that’s the view you have then your entitled to it mate. This is one big long process. I don’t know what other way to put this so I’ll try this.
Fck what Scotland says... Fck what Holyrood says to a degree. I’ve battled long and hard for justice. I’ve lived and breathed this for the past 2 fckn years to bring this filth and their apologists to justice.
I’ve sat in front of victims and families and watched them thank us for our actions.
We’ve battled for years to get it taken out of Scotland. I’ve been in personal contact with police and journalist’s in America. I’ve battled with Westminster. I’ve brought people together to fight this cause.
It took a lot for me to come on FF and discuss this issue. Channel 4 are about to make it go nationwide which can only be positive. There is a 3 part documentary coming up also from Dan Gordon. Not you personally mate but the negativity on here is about to make me go back into the background to fight the cause.
I keep saying this. Victims and families rely on everyone of us fighting for them. When negativity is posted it fuckin pisses me off. I can’t help politics and I can’t help the press, but we’re taking them on to show the world what Celtic Football Club stand for. If that takes me to my last breath then so be it.
So maybe I should sign off now.

Apologise for the rant if some think that’s what it is

Last edited:
Like the Catholic cult worldwide. When they are found out for their crimes against children they will fight to the death. Even turning on each other.
What’s very interesting now even in their own blogs is they don’t mention the seperate entity. But they do mention they are insured. Filthy bastards.
does insurance include willful negligence? Be interesting to see if they are properly covered.
Would an isurance Co. pay out if your house was burnt to the ground and they found you were storing 8 jerry cans of petrol in the rooms?

BlueNose94

Apologies. I am cynical after a decade of SNP rule...they are experts at all things SF/IRA/Celtic: deflect, deny, change the subject, claim victim hood. I believe that EVERY victim needs a 'normal' environment in which to seek justice, i.e. a level playing field where normal people are horrified and want to help. I don't see that here.

But good luck and best wishes.

C4 and Thomson will be doing a PR stunt on behalf of Lieswell

IMO The focus will try and muddy the waters and tell the viewers this is not only an issue at Parkpaed

They will throw muck about Neely and Dunn - none convicted mind you but Thomson will spin the dirt and negativity to us too

I just cannot see Thomson going after Nonce FC

He’s not to be trusted

C4 and Thomson will be doing a PR stunt on behalf of Lieswell

IMO The focus will try and muddy the waters and tell the viewers this is not only an issue at Parkpaed

They will throw muck about Neely and Dunn - none convicted mind you but Thomson will spin the dirt and negativity to us too

I just cannot see Thomson going after Nonce FC

He’s not to be trusted
That’s a lot of help mate. Well done

Well said bn94, five decades this has been simmering and collectively to date the main perpetrators have still to be brought to account. This is a marathon not a sprint, keep up the good work, the hundreds of victims deserve justice. Clarity and truth is what should be important .Unfortunately not enough high profile people in the know have taken up the gauntlet yet ?

Hollicom probably approached him and gave him the parameters of his "Investigation". I would not be surprised to see our name up there with theirs,theirs being Kiddyfiddlers FC.

He will start the narrative that it was decades ago and nothing to do with modern day Celtic. He and the likes of Dornan will want the scum to shell out 5 million to the victims and for the SFA to pat them on the back and tell them how they have done the right thing and we should all move on and forget it.

No 25 point deduction, no being put down the lower leagues and definitely no license suspension or withdrawal. I'm no journalist or hollicom employee and I can come up with that and more. What can the pros come up with?

Why do you think child abuse seminars have been moved to the piggery. You'll be reading about it soon enuf if you can't work it out.
From a Gourock blue to GourockBlue50, I think you have got it spot on.

BlueNose94

Apologies. I am cynical after a decade of SNP rule...they are experts at all things SF/IRA/Celtic: deflect, deny, change the subject, claim victim hood. I believe that EVERY victim needs a 'normal' environment in which to seek justice, i.e. a level playing field where normal people are horrified and want to help. I don't see that here.

But good luck and best wishes.

The victims have never had a "normal" enviroment to seek justice. Its the apathy of the general public thats always been the real problem, and they havent come this far now so start hearing defeatest comments all over again. Get behind them.

Wish I was.

The fact they have place people in the judiciary, police, Holyrude ( pun intended ), SFA, SPFL, Press, Media and Traffic Wardens fills me with dread.
Should have added, if it wasn't for BN94 and all the guys who are fighting this, then my glass would be empty. However, you couldn't really blame me for thinking the way I do, bloody Sinn Fein SNP.

A lot of over the top paranoia going on in here.We all know Thomson is a slippery f**ker at times and some of his reporting of our clubs troubles in the past was embarrassing but in regards to this the facts don’t change.

Loads of clubs across the UK ourselves included were unfortunately enough to have had one of these beasts work for us at some point in the past.Thats just a sad fact of life and unfortunately there’s not a lot you can do if you only find out after the event.

What’s also a sad fact of life is that at Celtic from the 1960s up to the mid 90s a network of these vipers operated,we’re rehired,we’re covered up and it goes right through their heiracrchy via Kelly & McGinn.

Rather than the current board attempting to do the right thing,they’re response has been to trot out the pathetic lie that CBC was a ‘separate entity’,hire PR crisis management firm Hollicom and attempt to generally deflect and deny.

If Thomson has done his job properly the vast majority of clubs ourselves included don’t really have anything to worry about in the sense that there have been widespread cover ups and lies.I hope the scattering of victims who fell prey to Neely are compensated by the club as anyone at any club should be.

Celtic on the other hand..

Should have added, if it wasn't for BN94 and all the guys who are fighting this, then my glass would be empty. However, you couldn't really blame me for thinking the way I do, bloody Sinn Fein SNP.

Its the families and the survivors themselves who have are the real fighters here, they were only kids and theyve been fighting on their own their whole lives. I can only speak for myself in that its they who inspire me, they have taken everything thats been thrown at them and speak for every abused kid out there. They do us all proud! All we do is support them

If that’s the view you have then your entitled to it mate. This is one big long process. I don’t know what other way to put this so I’ll try this.
Fck what Scotland says... Fck what Holyrood says to a degree. I’ve battled long and hard for justice. I’ve ate and breathed this for the past 2 fckn years to bring this filth and their apologists to justice.
I’ve sat in front of victims and families and watched them thank us for our actions.
We’ve battled for years to get it taken out of Scotland. I’ve been in personal contact with police and journalist’s in America. I’ve battled with Westminster. I’ve brought people together to fight this cause.
It took a lot for me to come on FF and discuss this issue. Channel 4 are about to make it go nationwide which can only be positive. There is a 3 part documentary coming up also from Dan Gordon. Not you personally mate but the negativity on here is about to make me go back into the background to fight the cause.
I keep saying this. Victims and families rely on everyone of us fighting for them. When negativity is posted it fuckin pisses me off. I can’t help politics and I can’t help the press, but we’re taking them on to show the world what Celtic Football Club stand for. If that takes me to my last breath then so be it.
So maybe I should sign off now.

Apologise for the rant if some think that’s what it is

Everybody knows just how much effort AND PROGRESS you, and many others, have achieved BN94.

DONT EVER CHANGE MATE !!!!!

Back