Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Its only a matter of time before that vile bastards try and make themselves out to be the victims in all of this.

The one thing they will not be doing is accepting responsibility for the cover up, failings in previous investigations, background checks etc etc

I believe Torbett and Cairney have more court cases to come so if they are found guilty that will make it 10 convictions at the one club

To my knowledge there has not been anything like this at any other sports club anywhere in the world yet the club have still not been taken to task for it

Its only a matter of time before that vile bastards try and make themselves out to be the victims in all of this.

The one thing they will not be doing is accepting responsibility for the cover up, failings in previous investigations, background checks etc etc

I believe Torbett and Cairney have more court cases to come so if they are found guilty that will make it 10 convictions at the one club

To my knowledge there has not been anything like this at any other sports club anywhere in the world yet the club have still not been taken to task for it

Correct Fraser. If they were in USA they would be DEAD.

Penn State paid out $280m at the last I heard a few months ago for ONE PAEDOPHILE.

C4 and Thomson will be doing a PR stunt on behalf of Lieswell

IMO The focus will try and muddy the waters and tell the viewers this is not only an issue at Parkpaed

They will throw muck about Neely and Dunn - none convicted mind you but Thomson will spin the dirt and negativity to us too

I just cannot see Thomson going after Nonce FC

He’s not to be trusted

If channel 4 and Thomson make allegations that are false against anyone at our club or any other club for that matter they are wide open for legal action against them.

Do you not want to know if anything happened at our club? The more paedophiles exposed the better in my opinion.

Also the more teams alleged to be involved then the bigger the clamour for a full scale independent inquiry which one club will come out looking worse than everyone else. However it’s not about taking the moral high ground and saying we had less paedos than you, it’s about dealing with it correctly, giving the correct support to victims and most importantly putting as many barriers in place and raising as much awareness as possible to stop this happening again. All of this has been hampered by a certain club and they should be exposed for it

If that’s the view you have then your entitled to it mate. This is one big long process. I don’t know what other way to put this so I’ll try this.
Fck what Scotland says... Fck what Holyrood says to a degree. I’ve battled long and hard for justice. I’ve ate and breathed this for the past 2 fckn years to bring this filth and their apologists to justice.
I’ve sat in front of victims and families and watched them thank us for our actions.
We’ve battled for years to get it taken out of Scotland. I’ve been in personal contact with police and journalist’s in America. I’ve battled with Westminster. I’ve brought people together to fight this cause.
It took a lot for me to come on FF and discuss this issue. Channel 4 are about to make it go nationwide which can only be positive. There is a 3 part documentary coming up also from Dan Gordon. Not you personally mate but the negativity on here is about to make me go back into the background to fight the cause.
I keep saying this. Victims and families rely on everyone of us fighting for them. When negativity is posted it fuckin pisses me off. I can’t help politics and I can’t help the press, but we’re taking them on to show the world what Celtic Football Club stand for. If that takes me to my last breath then so be it.
So maybe I should sign off now.

Apologise for the rant if some think that’s what it is

Keep fighting the good fight mate and, easy to say, but don’t let the negativity get you down.

This disgusting episode needs as much exposure as possible to ensure it’s not buried and that justice is served - and you’re playing a fantastic and vital role in that process.

If that’s the view you have then your entitled to it mate. This is one big long process. I don’t know what other way to put this so I’ll try this.
Fck what Scotland says... Fck what Holyrood says to a degree. I’ve battled long and hard for justice. I’ve ate and breathed this for the past 2 fckn years to bring this filth and their apologists to justice.
I’ve sat in front of victims and families and watched them thank us for our actions.
We’ve battled for years to get it taken out of Scotland. I’ve been in personal contact with police and journalist’s in America. I’ve battled with Westminster. I’ve brought people together to fight this cause.
It took a lot for me to come on FF and discuss this issue. Channel 4 are about to make it go nationwide which can only be positive. There is a 3 part documentary coming up also from Dan Gordon. Not you personally mate but the negativity on here is about to make me go back into the background to fight the cause.
I keep saying this. Victims and families rely on everyone of us fighting for them. When negativity is posted it fuckin pisses me off. I can’t help politics and I can’t help the press, but we’re taking them on to show the world what Celtic Football Club stand for. If that takes me to my last breath then so be it.

Not a rant at all mate. You are fighting the good fight. Justice will prevail.

A great big cover up
Actually have never saw this. How old is this?
that seems to be fairly explosive and I’m sure it was, so ch4 news and the upcoming doc must be far more explosive to the point where bheast fc won’t even want the news out?

seems like they don’t want anything coming out. The “2year internal investigation” and total lack of comment on it seems to prove that.

Actually have never saw this. How old is this?
that seems to be fairly explosive and I’m sure it was, so ch4 news and the upcoming doc must be far more explosive to the point where bheast fc won’t even want the news out?

seems like they don’t want anything coming out. The “2year internal investigation” and total lack of comment on it seems to prove that.

That 2 year investigation, just like the 1986 ‘scurrilous’ investigation, was an absolute farce & publicity stunt, where no victims were interviewed Paulski.

At least McCann spoke to some victims, before asking them to sign the bloody NDA’s, the old fly man.

Given that Channel 4 has an hour long news programme every week night, if these rumours are true, does it mean they are possibly only 10-15 minute max news reports rather than a full exposé?

I keep saying BN, keep fighting the good fight. There is always going to be a bit of negativity as people just get impatient. I think I can safely speak for most people on this thread and say that we, and more importantly the victims, appreciate everything you are doing.

The Goal Machine said:
Do you think Brennan with Lawells permission is admitting Celtic's responsibility with this part?

'While these matters happened decades ago, Celtic are still Celtic, and have a corporate responsibility for all that went before. Fergus McCann first acknowledged what took place. He setup counselling facilities and instructed an independent investigation into the actions of the club under the old board. This happened 25 years ago. '

Is this true?
Did McCann commission an independent investigation?
If so who conducted the investigation?
Where is the final report? This should be made public.

edit: Have the SFA seen this report as part of their investigation? Have Police Scotland seen this report?

I think this is a reference to an internal investigation after McCann took over and then referred to the police. Surprise surprise allegations of abuse were not substantiated.

Inquiry into Celtic sex abuse claims

• Saturday 6 April 1996 00:02

Detectives were called in to investigate allegations of sexual abuse on young players at Celtic Football Club, it was confirmed last night. Strathclyde Police said a senior detective led an investigation at the club and inquiries were now complete.
    A spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that an inquiry has taken place into allegations of sexual abuse of young players at Celtic Football Club. However, these allegations have not been substantiated. No report has been forwarded to the procurator fiscal."

It is understood several players and officials at Celtic, both in the boys' team and senior club, were interviewed as part of the investigation.

According to reports yesterday, the police were called in by Celtic chief Fergus McCann after an internal investigation at the club into allegations of abuse during a boys' club tournament in the United States. It was also reported that further allegations surrounding the boys' club have been made over the past few years.
    In a statement last night, Mr McCann said of the police investigation: "This matter is not currently affecting Celtic FC. Since the change of control at Celtic Park, complaints were made regarding an alleged incident in New Jersey in 1991 involving Celtic Boys' Club. Following the Boys' Club's return to Britain one of its officials resigned ... the matter was referred by the club to Strathclyde Police for investigation."

Correct Fraser. If they were in USA they would be DEAD.

Penn State paid out $280m at the last I heard a few months ago for ONE PAEDOPHILE.
Just goes to show what sort of government we live under when this shit is allowed to go unpunished

I really hope the American side of this scandal kicks off and they show the SNP how these sort of things should really be dealt with

Friday channel 4 from 7pm to 8pm. Septic child abuse report starts. It's a 3 programme series and one of the members of facebook's The Badger Loyal's cousin is going to waive his right of anonymity to give evidence against Torbett and the others. He is a big Gers fan who played for their boys club. Hopefully this blows the lid off it. Share with as many as you can!

Just been posted on a Gers Facebook page so don’t shoot the messenger.

Friday channel 4 from 7pm to 8pm. Septic child abuse report starts. It's a 3 programme series and one of the members of facebook's The Badger Loyal's cousin is going to waive his right of anonymity to give evidence against Torbett and the others. He is a big Gers fan who played for their boys club. Hopefully this blows the lid off it. Share with as many as you can!

Aye saw it on Twitter, some say scum fc trying to get it pulled but I’ll take that with a pinch of salt

7pm until 8pm on Friday night is Channel 4s News Show. Thompson’s report will likely be a 5-10 minute segment. It’s not the hour long ‘blockbuster’ that post on Facebook is hinting at.

You may remember Gordon woods was on here a few weeks ago. A very brave man.

I really wish people wouldn't do the glass half full/glass half empty scenario.
Positivity breeds positive results.
Way too many negatives being posted these last few hours.
I trust the main players on here implicitly.
Call me naive or whatever.
I have only ever met one person from here face to face and that was to give assistance for what we both believed was right. GY
In that moment, a trust is formed.
That is why I TRUST the main men on this thread

I really wish people wouldn't do the glass half full/glass half empty scenario.
Positivity breeds positive results.
Way too many negatives being posted these last few hours.
I trust the main players on here implicitly.
Call me naive or whatever.
I have only ever met one person from here face to face and that was to give assistance for what we both believed was right. GY
In that moment, a trust is formed.
That is why I TRUST the main men on this thread
I call it as I see it not any pie in the sky shit, davis and kamara woeful tav can't cross a ball, Morelos all for himself fk the club there's 3 not performing at the moment,

It will be more than one programme.

It sounds like it will be more than one spot, I agree, and might be three segments over 3 nights. However, many are being misled into thinking its an hour long programme. It won’t be, it will be a news item, maximum 10 minutes per show. It’s not the much talked about documentary we keep hearing about. Not for me at least.

Should have added, if it wasn't for BN94 and all the guys who are fighting this, then my glass would be empty. However, you couldn't really blame me for thinking the way I do, bloody Sinn Fein SNP.
I don’t blame you for thinking that at all. The Scottish government is riddled with Celtic apologists. Believe me we know this as fact going by correspondence we’ve had with them.
This is why we have to get it shown nationwide and worldwide what’s actually going on.
This c4 coverage that is coming will show various abuse that’s taken place not only at professional level. It will show links that we have known all along that the whole country will now see.
I would also like to say this. There are people in the background that have made every authority aware of what’s gone on. From sponsors to UEFA and various others. The work that has gone into this has been phenomenal, and we have made certain authorities take notice. There are also individuals that are members on here working in America and even Australia. This is important went contacting major sponsors etc.
You also have to remember there is currently an SFA inquiry going on, and like all of you we have no confidence in this but who knows what it will say? They may surprise us but having Martin Henry heading it doesn’t fill us with confidence either.
When the truth does come out on what has happened at that club, then instead of some being negative and if you feel that strongly, email your MSP. The SNP MPs currently hide behind the SFA inquiry. Soon they won’t have that excuse. There are MSP’s also from other parties that support a motion being raised.
I would urge you NOT to put any MSP replies on the forum. Let’s not do lazy journalists work for them.
The fight is for a full independent inquiry into not only what’s gone on in football but the government, the SFA and even Police Scotland.
The ultimate aim is for this inquiry to be run by Westminster. This is why we have fought to show the cross border abuse issue. I personally have no trust on this issue with Holyrood especially with the SNP in government.
The award winning Dan Gordon will also be running a documentary on the issue. Once C4 have done their programme then I’m guessing other press organisations will want a piece.
Please understand that none of this can be done overnight. It’s a long fight which each one of us in the background signed up for.

I don’t blame you for thinking that at all. The Scottish government is riddled with Celtic apologists. Believe me we know this as fact going by correspondence we’ve had with them.
This is why we have to get it shown nationwide and worldwide what’s actually going on.
This c4 coverage that is coming will show various abuse that’s taken place not only at professional level. It will show links that we have known all along that the whole country will now see.
I would also like to say this. There are people in the background that have made every authority aware of what’s gone on. From sponsors to UEFA and various others. The work that has gone into this has been phenomenal, and we have made certain authorities take notice. There are also individuals that are members on here working in America and even Australia. This is important went contacting major sponsors etc.
You also have to remember there is currently an SFA inquiry going on, and like all of you we have no confidence in this but who knows what it will say? They may surprise us but having Martin Henry heading it doesn’t fill us with confidence either.
When the truth does come out on what has happened at that club, then instead of some being negative and if you feel that strongly, email your MSP. The SNP MPs currently hide behind the SFA inquiry. Soon they won’t have that excuse. There are MSP’s also from other parties that support a motion being raised.
I would urge you NOT to put any MSP replies on the forum. Let’s not do lazy journalists work for them.
The fight is for a full independent inquiry into not only what’s gone on in football but the government, the SFA and even Police Scotland.
The ultimate aim is for this inquiry to be run by Westminster. This is why we have fought to show the cross border abuse issue. I personally have no trust on this issue with Holyrood especially with the SNP in government.
The award winning Dan Gordon will also be running a documentary on the issue. Once C4 have done their programme then I’m guessing other press organisations will want a piece.
Please understand that none of this can be done overnight. It’s a long fight which each one of us in the background signed up for.
There has been no support for the families and victims of this from The club involved the most, The SFA well Sweet Fvck All if you ask me, The FM, The Justice Sec, The Police, The Media thats why the cross border issue is so important and hopefully if rumours are right this will show up shortly.
The people mentioned should hang their heads in shame that they decided to stay silent about the most abhorrent crimes imaginable against children they have to live with that .....
WE DON'T AND WE WILL NOT

Power to you all.

I have written to my MP, not in Westminster remit, ( Ronnie Cowan ), also to MSP ( Stuart McMillan ) lip service on that one.

On a slight tangent, I am at the moment waiting to see if Ofcom will decide on my complaint about Sportsound not broadcasting a Rangers game in November, directly after broadcasting the Sellic on an early kick of the same day. I was travelling by car that day and radio was the only way I could glean information on my team. Updates was all they could manage. I have gone right through the BBC complaints process to the ECU and on to Ofcom and I can tell you this has been a torturous process as the BBC tried to thwart me at every stage. Ofcom do not directly reply so i will have to check their complaints web page fortnightly.

Just doing my little bit BN94 and team.

Its the families and the survivors themselves who have are the real fighters here, they were only kids and theyve been fighting on their own their whole lives. I can only speak for myself in that its they who inspire me, they have taken everything thats been thrown at them and speak for every abused kid out there. They do us all proud! All we do is support them
To right mate, well said.

Hats off to you all .

Power to you all.

I have written to my MP, not in Westminster remit, ( Ronnie Cowan ), also to MSP ( Stuart McMillan ) lip service on that one.

On a slight tangent, I am at the moment waiting to see if Ofcom will decide on my complaint about Sportsound not broadcasting a Rangers game in November, directly after broadcasting the Sellic on an early kick of the same day. I was travelling by car that day and radio was the only way I could glean information on my team. Updates was all they could manage. I have gone right through the BBC complaints process to the ECU and on to Ofcom and I can tell you this has been a torturous process as the BBC tried to thwart me at every stage. Ofcom do not directly reply so i will have to check their complaints web page fortnightly.

McMillan will do heehaw, grew up with him and knocked about with him for a couple of years (before my baws dropped) he on the other hand is still waiting for his to drop, just another snp apologist

Power to you all.

Well done Bluechip. Excellent effort mate, and even 50% of bears doing this will have a major impact.;)

There has been no support for the families and victims of this from The club involved the most, The SFA well Sweet Fvck All if you ask me, The FM, The Justice Sec, The Police, The Media thats why the cross border issue is so important and hopefully if rumours are right this will show up shortly.
The people mentioned should hang their heads in shame that they decided to stay silent about the most abhorrent crimes imaginable against children they have to live with that .....
WE DON'T AND WE WILL NOT

Well said JF.

It sounds like you have an extensive dossier. I look forward to seeing the apologists exposed once the truth comes out. You have my total respect.

Whatever the content may be in these programmes they will still find a way to drag our name into it.

Just look at the way Daly used a small piece from an old club newspaper to blacken our name in a sensationalist fashion.
They are desperate for an equalizer no matter how spurious.

Back