Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Whatever the content may be in these programmes they will still find a way to drag our name into it.

Just look at the way Daly used a small piece from an old club newspaper to blacken our name in a sensationalist fashion.
They are desperate for an equalizer no matter how spurious.
One club harboured a paedophile ring for decades and one hired a guy who turned out to be dodgy and then got rid of him as soon as they found out.

They'll do well to spin that into some kind of whataboutery.

One club harboured a paedophile ring for decades and one hired a guy who turned out to be dodgy and then got rid of him as soon as they found out.

They'll do well to spin that into some kind of whataboutery.

I'm with you but the bastards are already circling the wagons.

We have high profile figures now being held to account for failing to disclose such behaviour and then we have a certain football club who done likewise but seem to have escaped all scrutiny.

To knowingly allow a predator to operate within the same working environment and keep quiet about his past is hard to believe.

Nothing scheduled on channel 4 for tonight it’s just the news, surely some one ain’t sick enough to make shit like that up?

Hopefully it’s on to expose these horrible c*nts but I will believe it when I see it.

If that’s the view you have then your entitled to it mate. This is one big long process. I don’t know what other way to put this so I’ll try this.
Fck what Scotland says... Fck what Holyrood says to a degree. I’ve battled long and hard for justice. I’ve lived and breathed this for the past 2 fckn years to bring this filth and their apologists to justice.
I’ve sat in front of victims and families and watched them thank us for our actions.
We’ve battled for years to get it taken out of Scotland. I’ve been in personal contact with police and journalist’s in America. I’ve battled with Westminster. I’ve brought people together to fight this cause.
It took a lot for me to come on FF and discuss this issue. Channel 4 are about to make it go nationwide which can only be positive. There is a 3 part documentary coming up also from Dan Gordon. Not you personally mate but the negativity on here is about to make me go back into the background to fight the cause.
I keep saying this. Victims and families rely on everyone of us fighting for them. When negativity is posted it fuckin pisses me off. I can’t help politics and I can’t help the press, but we’re taking them on to show the world what Celtic Football Club stand for. If that takes me to my last breath then so be it.
So maybe I should sign off now.

Apologise for the rant if some think that’s what it is

Please disregard the pessimistic minority and keep up the good work.

If that’s the view you have then your entitled to it mate. This is one big long process. I don’t know what other way to put this so I’ll try this.
Fck what Scotland says... Fck what Holyrood says to a degree. I’ve battled long and hard for justice. I’ve lived and breathed this for the past 2 fckn years to bring this filth and their apologists to justice.
I’ve sat in front of victims and families and watched them thank us for our actions.
We’ve battled for years to get it taken out of Scotland. I’ve been in personal contact with police and journalist’s in America. I’ve battled with Westminster. I’ve brought people together to fight this cause.
It took a lot for me to come on FF and discuss this issue. Channel 4 are about to make it go nationwide which can only be positive. There is a 3 part documentary coming up also from Dan Gordon. Not you personally mate but the negativity on here is about to make me go back into the background to fight the cause.
I keep saying this. Victims and families rely on everyone of us fighting for them. When negativity is posted it fuckin pisses me off. I can’t help politics and I can’t help the press, but we’re taking them on to show the world what Celtic Football Club stand for. If that takes me to my last breath then so be it.
So maybe I should sign off now.

Apologise for the rant if some think that’s what it is
This is no way a direct slur on anyone on this board, I understand the frustration and almost resignation to what will happen because it's been that way for decades and we've seen our club and our fans treated disgracefully with no repercussions.

I'm sitting here in the States and have been fuming at times, having to ignore all this and live in my world I can control sometimes. I can only imagine what it's like to be in the thick of it.

I'll just say; the negative and the most vile people always shout the loudest! Not saying anyone on here is vile, just a general statement in this internet age. It's just a rule of thumb people are motivated to post mostly when they are pissed off.

BN, there are a silent majority on here rooting you and your team on, believe me. F'ing take it to them and I truly believe you'll drink free at most pubs you go to!! Not that that is a motivator but you get the gist of what I'm saying.

Couldn't be more proud of my club and it's fans than I am these days; fighting all sorts of evil and disgusting people with dignity and honor. Very few times do we have any one of us stoop to their level. Take pride in that and fight on!

Last edited:
This is no way a direct slur on anyone on this board, I understand the frustration and almost resignation to what will happen because it's been that way for decades and we've seen our club and our fans treated disgracefully with no repercussions.

I'm sitting here in the States and have been fuming at times, having to ignore all this and live in my world I can control sometimes. I can only imagine what it's like to be in the thick of it.

I'll just say; the negative and the most vile people always shout the loudest! Not saying anyone on her is vile, just a general statement in this internet age. It's just a rule of thumb people are motivated to post mostly when they are pissed off.

BN, there are a silent majority on here rooting you and your team on, believe me. F'ing take it to them and I truly believe you'll drink free at most pubs you go to!! Not that that is a motivator but you get the gist of what I'm saying.

Couldn't be more proud of my club and it's fans than I am these days; fighting all sorts of evil and disgusting people with dignity and honor. Very few times do we have any one of us stoop to their level. Take pride in that and fight on!
I think it’s fair to say that all of us are rooting for the team on here, not only the silent majority. Deep respect for the warriors on this thread who continue to make things happen and against all the odds as well.

i have posted a week or so back about posters coming into this thread with ,nothing will happen,they will walk away from this ,everything will remain covered up etc,, i repeat what i said then,the posters have every right to harbour these thoughts on the outcome of this vile scandal,but i would again caution them before they post,to take a moment to think what posting this stuff can hope to achieve,do yourselves and all of us a big favour please and leave the negativity for elsewhere,we have people doing remarkable work on this matter and conducting themselves with magnificent dignity and fortitude, they really do not to see their efforts written off a dozen times a day,,come on bears leave it out please

May that rancid Twitter bigot Ronnie OConnor have a heart attack watching this later
What I would do to meet him face to face. This is an individual that started a campaign to bring abuse to the Gray family. An individual that stands by the perpetrators of child abuse that were employed by his rancid club.
I also think he’s the individual that plastered me all over their forums and brought threats to me. No problem, bring it on. We’re going nowhere. Ignore keyboard warriors that represent that filth. Do not entertain them. Face to face with me he would have no chance.
The only message I would give to him is keep on hiding behind your keyboard and sharing a bath with your brothers and sisters once a month. I know you look in here you rhat. Tic toc.

i have posted a week or so back about posters coming into this thread with ,nothing will happen,they will walk away from this ,everything will remain covered up etc,, i repeat what i said then,the posters have every right to harbour these thoughts on the outcome of this vile scandal,but i would again caution them before they post,to take a moment to think what posting this stuff can hope to achieve,do yourselves and all of us a big favour please and leave the negativity for elsewhere,we have people doing remarkable work on this matter and conducting themselves with magnificent dignity and fortitude, they really do not to see their efforts written off a dozen times a day,,come on bears leave it out please
Sometimes it does get frustrating reference negativity. We can live with that. The important thing to remember is there are victims and families that view this thread. Spare a thought for them please.

I think it’s fair to say that all of us are rooting for the team on here, not only the silent majority. Deep respect for the warriors on this thread who continue to make things happen and against all the odds as well.
Yes, I worded that badly. I know even the most pessimistic among us here would be jumping for joy should they ever by held liable and responsible for their disgusting harboring of these scum.

I don't even think it was just ignoring and enabling. I truly believe there was active organization and coordination of this vile behavior being done by that horrible club as well.

Disgusting. Wasn't concerned about the children when committing his crimes, why the hell should anyone be concerned about his health when he's finally punished. These scumbags should be thrown in a cell and kept alive to ponder just how evil they are.

I agree. That is the point of long jail sentences you put them away forever. They should never be free again.

Celtic is going to try and do this come to Jesus we seen the light that was the old board thing. It is important that we do not let this fly. Peter Lawell himself pushed the separate entity thing and did his up most to squeeze out of this thing. The current leadership at Celtic must also be held to account.

Here is what Justice to me looks like;
1. An investigation to make sure all people who molested children have been convicted. The convicts serve long jail terms.

2. Anyone who knew about this and did nothing needs to go to jail. Anyone who was part of the cover up needs to have a multi year jail sentence.

3. The current leadership need to be held to civil liability and be shunned from polite society.

4. Celtic FC needs to be like post WWII Germany. They exist to make amends for their sins. They need to fund a multi million trust fund to assist the victims of the abuse that occurred on their watch.

Celtic is going to try and do this come to Jesus we seen the light that was the old board thing. It is important that we do not let this fly. Peter Lawell himself pushed the separate entity thing and did his up most to squeeze out of this thing. The current leadership at Celtic must also be held to account.

Here is what Justice to me looks like;
1. An investigation to make sure all people who molested children have been convicted. The convicts serve long jail terms.

2. Anyone who knew about this and did nothing needs to go to jail. Anyone who was part of the cover up needs to have a multi year jail sentence.

3. The current leadership need to be held to civil liability and be shunned from polite society.

4. Celtic FC needs to be like post WWII Germany. They exist to make amends for their sins. They need to fund a multi million trust fund to assist the victims of the abuse that occurred on their watch.

Good post BL1872.

Just one thing I would suggest in addition -

These victims & their families receive not just financial compensation but also an acknowledgment & apology from those who enabled this to happen to protect their so called reputations.

I think this will help in enabling closure for these people.

I don’t blame you for thinking that at all. The Scottish government is riddled with Celtic apologists. Believe me we know this as fact going by correspondence we’ve had with them.
This is why we have to get it shown nationwide and worldwide what’s actually going on.
This c4 coverage that is coming will show various abuse that’s taken place not only at professional level. It will show links that we have known all along that the whole country will now see.
I would also like to say this. There are people in the background that have made every authority aware of what’s gone on. From sponsors to UEFA and various others. The work that has gone into this has been phenomenal, and we have made certain authorities take notice. There are also individuals that are members on here working in America and even Australia. This is important went contacting major sponsors etc.
You also have to remember there is currently an SFA inquiry going on, and like all of you we have no confidence in this but who knows what it will say? They may surprise us but having Martin Henry heading it doesn’t fill us with confidence either.
When the truth does come out on what has happened at that club, then instead of some being negative and if you feel that strongly, email your MSP. The SNP MPs currently hide behind the SFA inquiry. Soon they won’t have that excuse. There are MSP’s also from other parties that support a motion being raised.
I would urge you NOT to put any MSP replies on the forum. Let’s not do lazy journalists work for them.
The fight is for a full independent inquiry into not only what’s gone on in football but the government, the SFA and even Police Scotland.
The ultimate aim is for this inquiry to be run by Westminster. This is why we have fought to show the cross border abuse issue. I personally have no trust on this issue with Holyrood especially with the SNP in government.
The award winning Dan Gordon will also be running a documentary on the issue. Once C4 have done their programme then I’m guessing other press organisations will want a piece.
Please understand that none of this can be done overnight. It’s a long fight which each one of us in the background signed up for.

Have huge admiration for yourself and all the guys pursuing justice, for what were just children being abused by monsters. Forget about the naysayers on here. The vast majority on here trust you to get a result. Makes no difference if it takes time. In any normal country that club would have been hammered years ago. Makes me ashamed to be Scottish.

Exactly

There is a rumour that is circulating that it’s tonight it will air. All I can say is it’s not what we’ve been told. We have been told Monday. Unless it’s been brought forward, I don’t know.
Forgive my ignorance bud, but in reference to your earlier post is there a personal involvement here (yourself/family/friends) etc that promoted you to pick up the mantle for this fight?

It’s not the documentary. That’s later in the year. It’s part of C4 news. It will be on in different parts over a few days. It may not be tonight as we’ve been told Monday, but may have been brought forward. I don’t know. All info is on previous posts in the thread.
Ok mate,cheers for the reply.

Hearing from a very reliable source they have rescheduled for next week - possibly starting Wednesday.

I know no more than that so lay off the paranoia and conspiracy theorising please.

paranoia and conspiracy, on FF never big man LOL! Some of our support are trying hard to out do the ramblings of the mad from the east with their theories at tima

Listen guys the wait for this is nothing compared to what the victims/family's have had.
I'd prefer truth and justice is served properly than rushed inaccurately.

The victims have have never been closer to closure don't let your hearts rule your noodle.

It's coming slowly yet surely.
Well said.

We all need to calm down. Let's try and focus on beating St. Johnstone and getting through on Wednesday against Braga. Not quite in the spirit of this thread, I know, but the stuff on this thread is complex material and we cannot be demanding answers when delays set in.

What I would do to meet him face to face. This is an individual that started a campaign to bring abuse to the Gray family. An individual that stands by the perpetrators of child abuse that were employed by his rancid club.
I also think he’s the individual that plastered me all over their forums and brought threats to me. No problem, bring it on. We’re going nowhere. Ignore keyboard warriors that represent that filth. Do not entertain them. Face to face with me he would have no chance.
The only message I would give to him is keep on hiding behind your keyboard and sharing a bath with your brothers and sisters once a month. I know you look in here you rhat. Tic toc.

Is this another Muirhead alias or what? Some seriously sinister accounts online at the moment trying to discredit the case and muddy the waters.

Wednesday night you say? When thousands of us will be in Portugal and the majority will be watching our game? Just a coincidence? No chance!

Channel 4 are at it!

Meaning what? Are you aiming this at me or anyone else that is involved in this? Last week a channel 4 reporter decided to use twitter. To quote “watch this space”.
As said at the time by myself and others was not what would be expected from a reputable professional journalist.
What you have to remember is this is a forum. Excuse my ignorance if so, but I’ve never seen you (and a few others) comment on here before. So please don’t come on here with the high and mighty view that people should keep their mouths shut. I know that better than anyone on this issue.
We have brought people to justice that you or anyone else don’t even know about.
So if you are directing your comment towards any of us that have brought justice then go away.
And that goes for the other fckn idiots that think we are doing this for likes. We are doing this for victims and families. If you want to hear their stories then do what I’ve done. Dedicate all your spare time for them.

I don’t think that’s how it was meant.

Think it’s more of a pop at those who can’t post anything other than negativity.

Back