Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Sadly i fear that this CH4 offering will be more than a whitewash that twists the facts to makes scum fc "innocent" - whilst also taring rfc at same time.

This story is far bigger than just cfc, for them to have been allowed to cover it up for so long requires the Justice System, Government at local and national levels, and all forms of the Media to have colluded in the cover up.

We can only hope for justice for the victims but i think that once again they will end up being ignored and if anything become the focus of attack rather than their abusers and those who have accommodated and covered up their evil crimes
He just used the phrase "paedophile rings". I don't know how you can use that in a "whitewash".

Sadly i fear that this CH4 offering will be more than a whitewash that twists the facts to makes scum fc "innocent" - whilst also taring rfc at same time.

This story is far bigger than just cfc, for them to have been allowed to cover it up for so long requires the Justice System, Government at local and national levels, and all forms of the Media to have colluded in the cover up.

We can only hope for justice for the victims but i think that once again they will end up being ignored and if anything become the focus of attack rather than their abusers and those who have accommodated and covered up their evil crimes

Disagree mate. I base that on their legal convictions compared to any other club.

Hopefully everyone involved, regardless of their club, is exposed.

There may be isolated incidents connection to us as I expect that but there was only one true racket going down in China town and it was them connecting to “rings”.

There will be another connection’s from them to other footy circles,I expect to both in Scotland and England,who knows as they have been connections abroad as have been assault.

To anyone questioning BN94,trust this man and his integrity for justice not only for what happened in CFCcbc but overall in Scottish football.

He and others have done more than journalists out there to help keep this active,its a debt that can never be a paid to him and other’s who have afforded the Gray family’s and other survivors,their own time and personal effort to all this sordid affair.

This is no where even near to the truth,there is so much more work to do and uncover to seen who was privy and complicit in this cover up,there is so much info still to be told,and if these tv companies really want to dig,they will be in for one hell of a shock.

It’s how deep the wanna go,word will come over the next day or so for this date on ch4.

It will be next week just when it starts.

Last edited:
Good to see movement on this but for the victims I can’t help having a nagging doubt about the totally partisan Channel 4 news and this journalist in particular being involved.

You must know this prick will somehow try and shoehorn in the one alleged incident that we reported to a lad’s police officer parent

Anyway, I’m hoping that my usual cynicism isn’t justified and at least one journalist in Britain still has the integrity to properly investigate this mhob, despite their political immunity and support from the Vatican.

I doubt there's a huge amount of stuff that's not already been spoken about so I'd guess there are isolated incidents at other clubs (Neely with us if they want to be pedantic but we don't appear to have done anything other than the right thing in that case) and a long standing paedophile ring at Celtic Park.

There's no way Celtic can play "whataboutery" with this.

Their fans on twitter have started by saying "it isnt just one club issue"

Hence my query if it is a one club issue regarding a paedophile ring.

I am not aware of any clubs north or south with an entire cluster of them.

You must know this prick will somehow try and shoehorn in the one alleged incident that we reported to a lad’s police officer parent

Anyway, I’m hoping that my usual cynicism isn’t justified and at least one journalist in Britain still has the integrity to properly investigate this mhob, despite their political immunity and support from the Vatican.
But if the incident in question is the one we know about (and I suspect if there were others, we'd already know) then we clearly handled it correctly and there really is no comparison you can make with that and what we know went on across the city.

All Thompson and channel 4 are doing is giving hillicom a heads up so that they can get the shite excuses and how they’ve moved on and all the crap that goes along with not reporting it in the first place in place so that they look great in the mhedia now that they don’t abuse kids , it was never about that they don’t abuse any more, that lot just don’t see it’s about getting justice for all children that have been in the unfortunate position of being abused, at all clubs and at every level

All Thompson and channel 4 are doing is giving hillicom a heads up so that they can get the shite excuses and how they’ve moved on and all the crap that goes along with not reporting it in the first place in place so that they look great in the mhedia now that they don’t abuse kids , it was never about that they don’t abuse any more, that lot just don’t see it’s about getting justice for all children that have been in the unfortunate position of being abused, at all clubs and at every level
This has been coming for months which is why the tims have employed Hollicom, they are actively in damage limitation mode.

I doubt there's a huge amount of stuff that's not already been spoken about so I'd guess there are isolated incidents at other clubs (Neely with us if they want to be pedantic but we don't appear to have done anything other than the right thing in that case) and a long standing paedophile ring at Celtic Park.

There's no way Celtic can play "whataboutery" with this.

Want a bet they will try their best though.

After reading the sickening stories from survivors I hope every last one gets what they deem justice, no matter what club was involved, and that those who have enabled the cover up are brought under scrutiny and investigated.
This issue goes beyond football and I suspect goes even deeper than most of us think . We all have a duty to the survivors and the children today to get justice and an inquiry into this sordid crime and ensure our kids never again are at risk of those who do such harm. An inquiry is needed , and urgently.
And to any survivors who come onto this thread ,I say to you that I am in awe of your courage and want to say I hope you get answers and justice, stay strong we are all behind you. The truth always makes it’s way into the light.

After reading the sickening stories from survivors I hope every last one gets what they deem justice, no matter what club was involved, and that those who have enabled the cover up are brought under scrutiny and investigated.
This issue goes beyond football and I suspect goes even deeper than most of us think . We all have a duty to the survivors and the children today to get justice and an inquiry into this sordid crime and ensure our kids never again are at risk of those who do such harm. An inquiry is needed , and urgently.
And to any survivors who come onto this thread ,I say to you that I am in awe of your courage and want to say I hope you get answers and justice, stay strong we are all behind you. The truth always makes it’s way into the light.

spot on

As I eluded to last week there is a definite softening of views from MSP’s from all parties I have had dialogue with. One being SNP. I have seen there written requests to Useless. It would appear, and I’m choosing my words carefully, he is stonewalling a MSP form his own party. Surly his position after all this comes out is untenable.

I am unsure what way to take Alex Thompsons "Scottish football" comment in that he could be talking about the numerous cases of abuse that will have taken place at other clubs which could drag our clubs name into it.
But, it could be that he is highlighting how the SFA & the SPL/SPFL have been aware of a certain clubs actions/ inactions (re-employing a beast, covering up criminal actions etc) call it what you like whilst they have sat on their hands & done nothing.
The governing bodies of Scottish Football are up to their necks in this & whilst no employer can truly know the person they employ they are duty bound to act when they do find out and that is where they are implicit in the Bheasts cover up as there is very little new news that hasn't been available to them for years & they have done not a thing.
The Bheasts recently lost an Edinburgh court case where compensation was paid out but Scottish Footballs governing bodies dont appear to have done a single thing on that court case outcome either.
I have sent a letter to both the SFA & the SPL/SPFL asking them about their inactions to date & what they were going to do & surprise surprise have had not 1 single response.

But if the incident in question is the one we know about (and I suspect if there were others, we'd already know) then we clearly handled it correctly and there really is no comparison you can make with that and what we know went on across the city.

That being the case, let a huge light be shone upon Rangers and other clubs.

Let the record or even the Record show how Rangers dealt with any incident.

I am unsure what way to take Alex Thompsons "Scottish football" comment in that he could be talking about the numerous cases of abuse that will have taken place at other clubs which could drag our clubs name into it.
But, it could be that he is highlighting how the SFA & the SPL/SPFL have been aware of a certain clubs actions/ inactions (re-employing a beast, covering up criminal actions etc) call it what you like whilst they have sat on their hands & done nothing.
The governing bodies of Scottish Football are up to their necks in this & whilst no employer can truly know the person they employ they are duty bound to act when they do find out and that is where they are implicit in the Bheasts cover up as there is very little new news that hasn't been available to them for years & they have done not a thing.
The Bheasts recently lost an Edinburgh court case where compensation was paid out but Scottish Footballs governing bodies dont appear to have done a single thing on that court case outcome either.
I have sent a letter to both the SFA & the SPL/SPFL asking them about their inactions to date & what they were going to do & surprise surprise have had not 1 single response.
We have proof that the football authorities were aware of torbetts re-employment and it has been handed to the appropriate people.

Last edited:
A point worth noting with regards the term "internal investigation" is that celtic should be pressed hard to disclose the names AND the credentials of anyone attributed to an" internal investigation".

In the interests of "transparency" which as we all know is of the utmost importance to the celtic directors, people should be easily able to determine for themselves if these individuals are fit to conduct an investigation into such a sensitive issue.

Last edited:
Hope they finally get brought to justice as a club for their involvement in this, but it never seems to be the case.

Back