Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I dont do twitter myself but reading some of the comments the recurring themes seems to be "why single out celtic" and the abhorrent "pointscoring"

Well 6 convicted paedophiles(who all just happened to work in the same era) a board who allowed a man known as a paedophile to come back to the club and concocted a cover up and failed twice to report the crimes of CSA ,at least 6 former managers were aware.

Hmmm now........why just celtic?

I dont do twitter myself but reading some of the comments the recurring themes seems to be "why single out celtic" and the abhorrent "pointscoring"

Well 6 convicted paedophiles(who all just happened to work in the same era) a board who allowed a man known as a paedophile to come back to the club and concocted a cover up and failed twice to report the crimes of CSA ,at least 6 former managers were aware.

Hmmm now........why just celtic?
The thing that gets me is are those people to stupid to understand that or are they willfully being ignorant. I truly am not sure.

This is JUSTICE Minister
Scotland-724664.png

Where is the justice for these victims ?

You’re in USA mate. What has been happening here with respect to both that club & the SNP MPs ( eg Alex Salmond ) has allowed them to think they are above the law.

If this had happened in USA that club genuinely would be dead by now.
Justice is coming it took a long time in America too. You are just a couple years behind us. Something this wicked will come out.

I don’t think many people have grasped the magnitude of this coverup yet. Journalists in Scotland have known of this since the 70s. They have all skirted around this with innuendos and almost storylines, telling nothing and hiding behind the fear of their career being over.
You all know. You have always known the truth, yet you hide behind a false wall of impartiality, never showing allegiance to one side of the Glasgow divide, trying to make your career in mediocrity.
You get your news from online forums.
Well, here’s some news for you journalists reading this.
YOU, are complicit in the covering up of abuse in Scottish football.
YOU.

Last edited:
I've not read a single word of condemnation from ANY of them. The FIRST reaction is ALWAYS to deflect and look to others. It's fkn sick and is inherent in all of them.
No matter what the individual's status in life, they ALL share this one common trait. It's what separates mentally challengeds from the rest of society in Scotland and it's that fact that needs rammed down their throats. Look to your own failings FIRST and concede the wrongdoing BEFORE you turn your attention to others.

"Their are none so blind as those that will not see". Very appropriate for the aplogogists that have ran football for the last five decades. The reporters,the media but mostly all involved with Celtic FC. The plight of the victims and their families, shamelessly ignored and denied justice. Disgraceful behaviour from so called professional people.

It might be a good idea now to ramp up the social media posts again. Share and retweet as often as you can. Hopefully this is a big step forward to the most important thing in all of this, justice for the victims.
That fight is well under way by the supporters of the Gray family and the abused victims, but you can never have enough helping to get their message out.

They really are the most horrible disgusting set of football fans that exist. Them and their club deserve each other!
I just hope the hundreds of children (because that’s what they were) and their families get some justice and some sort of peace for the rest of their lives.
celtic F.C. should be shut down and their assets sold off with monies given to the survivors and families of this horrible disgusting crime. Also the people involved in the cover up should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I've not read a single word of condemnation from ANY of them. The FIRST reaction is ALWAYS to deflect and look to others. It's fkn sick and is inherent in all of them.
No matter what the individual's status in life, they ALL share this one common trait. It's what separates mentally challengeds from the rest of society in Scotland and it's that fact that needs rammed down their throats. Look to your own failings FIRST and concede the wrongdoing BEFORE you turn your attention to others.

I've noticed a few of them changing tact now. Saying that it happened at all clubs and that the victims should come first. Fair enough, they're now trying to look like decent human beings....some of them.

What they're not seeing is that only one club had a Paedophile ring running from it and they knew. Anything less than Penn State justice will not be enough for what that club has done.

Sometimes it does get frustrating reference negativity. We can live with that. The important thing to remember is there are victims and families that view this thread. Spare a thought for them please.
First off hats off to you and the others behind the scenes pal you’re doing a tremendous service to the victims and I hope it all comes out soon. The negativity comes from seeing these snakes slither out of responsibility for decades but don’t let it bring you down personally, I can see that’s about to change.

Totally off topic but what happened to Mark Daly? In all your work on this where does Mark come into it? When his documentary came out it seemed like the start of something. He was scratching at the surface and was no doubt on to something. He’s over in America doorstopping peados and digging out old Celtic Views in a library showing their links to the boys club.

Then, nothing. Not a peep.

Have you heard from him at all or tried to get him involved again? Where is he?

First off hats off to you and the others behind the scenes pal you’re doing a tremendous service to the victims and I hope it all comes out soon. The negativity comes from seeing these snakes slither out of responsibility for decades but don’t let it bring you down personally, I can see that’s about to change.

Totally off topic but what happened to Mark Daly? In all your work on this where does Mark come into it? When his documentary came out it seemed like the start of something. He was scratching at the surface and was no doubt on to something. He’s over in America doorstopping peados and digging out old Celtic Views in a library showing their links to the boys club.

Then, nothing. Not a peep.

Have you heard from him at all or tried to get him involved again? Where is he?
He was contacted but doesn’t seem interested in taking it further. I think someone posted not so long ago that he was working on a new project?

We have proof that the football authorities were aware of torbetts re-employment and it has been handed to the appropriate people.

Celtic re-employed him and they knew he was suspect. Did they know at that stage he was a paedo ? ( I think his conviction came after his re-employment ). I suggest Celtic knew.

Did the football authorities know he was a paedo ?

Last edited:
Celtic re-employed him and they knew he was suspect. Did they know at that stage he was a paedo ? ( I think his conviction came after his re-employment ). I suggest Celtic knew.

Hold up. He was re-hired after he was kicked out the club by Stein, unless I'm mistaken?

If I'm not then are we to believe Stein didn't tell them why he threw the beast down the front steps?

His conviction came after it, but they got rid of him initially because of paedophilia issues that they became aware of at their club.

Almost 26 years since this story broke and nobody has ever met a mentally challenged who wants justice done, nor any who turned their back on the filth.

It has always been about denial and deflection.

They have tried to drag others in, threatened those who sought justice and truth, some even going as far to claim Torbett was a plant!

They have never taken responsibility, they are sub-human scum.

His conviction came after it, but they got rid of him initially because of paedophilia issues that they became aware of at their club.

So if the football authorities knew about Torbett (in the sense that he was an unconvicted pervert) then someone told them. Or, people within the "football authority" were associated with Celtic and knew what he was up to.

I mean so many people have done the wrong thing.

Also, there will be instances where people have done the right thing. Say telling the football authorities and they were ignored. These people could face criticism for not following it through. More misery. All caused by the good old Celts.

I just hope the Channel 4 team have everything double checked - timelines, dates, convictions, who knew what etc. Celtic and the football authorities will pounce on any inaccuracy.

If Channel 4 have got it right the enormity of the crimes and cover up should damn Celtic.

Last edited:
Back