Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

quick look at his facebook and its the only game he has been too, also has a picture of him and his puppy creepy looking bastard

As I said before, might have been in another thread, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was paid to endorse Celtic here. The narrative they are now trying to set is that it is not acceptable to raise the issue as somehow it is as bad as hiding it.

As I said before, might have been in another thread, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was paid to endorse Celtic here. The narrative they are now trying to set is that it is not acceptable to raise the issue as somehow it is as bad as hiding it.
Sounds like something they would pay for, it a bit like the saying it takes a thief to catch a thief only in this case. Birds of a feather flock together

Hopefully justice for the victims will happen, been far too long for them. Horrible thing to happen to anyone.

They deflect the blame straight away as they think they are untouchable in this backward country we live in. Why there has been no public enquiry is shocking but no surprise in SNP Scotland.

Well done to the people on here working hard on the case.

You would think that the “ lost my direction paedo hunter “ seems to think all Ranger’s fans are spreading lies about some fairyland haven where the children all gathered to play happy games together with all the good fairy people smiling and happy children all playing happily and safe UNTIL !!! The big bad Blue Monsters from the West all come snarling to eat up all the happy wee innocent children and carry them all away . Time to wake up Stinson dear ! Mummy’s brought you a nice cup of coffee to bring you back to reality and truth and POP !!! AW ! NAW ! It was big bad green monster’s from the East all the time o_O Wakey Wakey Stinson Dear !

There's some well established case law on "vicarious liability", who counts as an employee & what employers can be held accountable for.

The general direction of travel is that the definition of who is an employee is widening, and organisations are being held accountable for more and more actions of employees. Even when an employee's actions are criminal.

In short I can't see a court buying the separate entity nonsense.

Problem is they’re legally separate, A company is its own legal person.

However given abuse also happened on the property of Celtic, that will be an offence.

The courts can pierce the veil of separate entity if it believes that it in the interest of justice. There is evidence linking the two entities and the ability to remove Torbet demonstrates a controlling influence by CFC over CBC. Numerous other examples of strong links.

Why do separate entities do buisness transactions between the club and the trophy centre.

Directors of both sit on both boards,I expect a fully operational research team will have this data.

No one may ever be able to show how much cash flowed “illegally” between both and where it went,but directors linked and own paper are as good as an admission of guilt.

Why was McGinn involved in the separation of Cairney after NJ mate ?

Why was Hugh Birt relieved of his CBC Chairman role by Kelly, accompanied by Cairney & Torbett BB ?
It’s all related mate everyone can see that.

I was just saying that legally they are separate, they’ll have two different companies with no direct company structure between the two.

The SFA have came out and said it’s nonsense that feeder clubs are totally separate so all we can hope is the courts lift the veil between the two.

I still think they can get a lot of punishment for letting a lot of incidents happen on “Celtic Fc” property even if the courts don’t lift the veil

If they are so separate, why did Torbett have to ask permission of Celtic to create a feeder club in their name ?
It’s 100% related mate,I’m just talking about the paper.

The courts can skip past this if they think it’s a sham, which it is.

However I wouldn’t trust many judges in Scotland to do that. Powerful people know things for this not to have fully come out all these years

It’s all related mate everyone can see that.

I was just saying that legally they are separate, they’ll have two different companies with no direct company structure between the two.

The SFA have came out and said it’s nonsense that feeder clubs are totally separate so all we can hope is the courts lift the veil between the two.

I still think they can get a lot of punishment for letting a lot of incidents happen on “Celtic Fc” property even if the courts don’t lift the veil

Agree with you mate. Here’s hoping that these people get justice.

And that club then does too.

It’s all related mate everyone can see that. I was just saying that legally they are separate, they’ll have two different companies with no direct company structure between the two.

Spot on, BB. This is the relevant part of the Interim Report ...

Para 3.73 - Historical and Current Relationships between Senior Football Clubs and Grassroots Clubs
If the relationship and history between the youth football club and the senior club was so shared, so close, and so inextricable on positive achievements, then when alleged sexual abuse of young players formed part of the history of one then, it too, formed part of the history of the other. A shared heritage is not confined to trophies, victories and celebration. It also extends to defeats, failures, and deficiencies.

We need a full independent enquiry into the goings on at Celtic boys club which must include a forensic examination of both the boys club and Celtic. No stone must be left unturned. So many young life's have been destroyed by not only their abusers but also the enablers who made the conscious decision to cover their abuse up. Any enquiry must also ask questions of the Scottish Government, as I have said before on other threads and in emails to SNP MSPs it would appear child rape is a price worth paying for votes for the Scottish Government. When the truth comes out I think it will shock all decent people and those responsible must pay the price no matter who they are. Jail is the only punishment that can be handed out and I mean real jail time not the joke sentences that those convicted so far have been given. As for Celtic as a football club, it should be wound up and all monies raised should be shared out between the victims and they should never be allowed to darken Scottish football again in any form.
Justice for Celtics Victims

Victim claims football abusers worked together

A man who was abused by Jim McCafferty as a boy said the former Celtic kitman was part of a paedophile ring
SCOTTISH POLICE
Marc Horne
Wednesday February 26 2020, 12.01am GMT, The Times

Compelling evidence for the existence of a cross-border paedophile network will feature in an official report commissioned by the Scottish Football Association, it has emerged.

An independent review into sexual abuse within Scottish football is expected to deliver its final report within weeks. However, Martin Henry, chairman of the review panel, has told Channel 4 News that “substantive” new evidence has emerged which suggested that some notorious predators worked together to traffick young players.

Last month The Times published allegations that Barry Bennell, a former scout with Manchester City and Crewe Alexandra, and Jim McCafferty, a former Celtic kitman and boy’s club coach, were part of an organised abuse ring.

Bennell, 66, is serving a 30-year sentence for abusing boys on an “industrial scale”. McCafferty, 74, was jailed last year for molesting youngsters over a 24-year period.

One survivor, Malcolm Rodger — who has waived his right to anonymity — has presented new evidence, claiming that he was abused separately by McCafferty and Bennell after being introduced to them by Bill Kelly, a former coach with the now defunct West Lothian team Uphall Saints.

Kelly, 84, was jailed in 1987 for sexually assaulting at least 12 players, including Mr Rodger, at the club over a 22-year period. He served one year in prison.
Mr Henry confirmed that his inquiry had received information which suggested that prominent abusers in Scotland and England had been working together.
“We do have substantive information to suggest that has been the case,” he said. “If you’d asked me that question a month ago I would have said no.
“There was no substantive information that we had at that time that suggested any kind of organised abuse between Scotland and England under the auspices of football.
“We have had recent accounts that suggests that was very much the case. These have been passed to the English FA inquiry.
“I’m fully confident that the English FA inquiry will come up with recommendations every bit as detailed and robust as my own.”
Mr Rodger, 49, from Glasgow, was subjected to two years of abuse in the mid-1980s after attending games, trials and tournaments in Scotland, England and Spain.
He said that Kelly and McCafferty, whom he recognised as the trainer of the neighbouring Fauldhouse United, abused him together many times.
A year later Mr Rodger accompanied Kelly on a trip to Blackpool, where he was introduced to Bennell.
Mr Rodger told Channel 4 News that the abuse he received at the hands at Bennell made him physically sick.
“The following day Bill Kelly told me, if anybody was to ask anything, just to say that I’d eaten something that hadn’t agreed with me at dinner,” he said.
Mr Rodger, a decorated former serviceman who served in Bosnia, Northern Ireland and in the first Gulf War, said that he hoped his decision to speak out would convince others to come forward.
“Everybody in Scotland knows that abuse has taken place but it’s different when there’s a face, there’s a name that’s telling them that I was abused.” he said.
Kelly, a former secretary of the West Lothian Association of Youth Football Clubs, denies having any connection with Bennell or McCafferty.
The SFA said that it was awaiting the findings of the independent review.

Victim claims football abusers worked together

A man who was abused by Jim McCafferty as a boy said the former Celtic kitman was part of a paedophile ring
SCOTTISH POLICE
Marc Horne
Wednesday February 26 2020, 12.01am GMT, The Times

Compelling evidence for the existence of a cross-border paedophile network will feature in an official report commissioned by the Scottish Football Association, it has emerged.

An independent review into sexual abuse within Scottish football is expected to deliver its final report within weeks. However, Martin Henry, chairman of the review panel, has told Channel 4 News that “substantive” new evidence has emerged which suggested that some notorious predators worked together to traffick young players.

Last month The Times published allegations that Barry Bennell, a former scout with Manchester City and Crewe Alexandra, and Jim McCafferty, a former Celtic kitman and boy’s club coach, were part of an organised abuse ring.

Bennell, 66, is serving a 30-year sentence for abusing boys on an “industrial scale”. McCafferty, 74, was jailed last year for molesting youngsters over a 24-year period.

One survivor, Malcolm Rodger — who has waived his right to anonymity — has presented new evidence, claiming that he was abused separately by McCafferty and Bennell after being introduced to them by Bill Kelly, a former coach with the now defunct West Lothian team Uphall Saints.

Kelly, 84, was jailed in 1987 for sexually assaulting at least 12 players, including Mr Rodger, at the club over a 22-year period. He served one year in prison.
Mr Henry confirmed that his inquiry had received information which suggested that prominent abusers in Scotland and England had been working together.
“We do have substantive information to suggest that has been the case,” he said. “If you’d asked me that question a month ago I would have said no.
“There was no substantive information that we had at that time that suggested any kind of organised abuse between Scotland and England under the auspices of football.
“We have had recent accounts that suggests that was very much the case. These have been passed to the English FA inquiry.
“I’m fully confident that the English FA inquiry will come up with recommendations every bit as detailed and robust as my own.”
Mr Rodger, 49, from Glasgow, was subjected to two years of abuse in the mid-1980s after attending games, trials and tournaments in Scotland, England and Spain.
He said that Kelly and McCafferty, whom he recognised as the trainer of the neighbouring Fauldhouse United, abused him together many times.
A year later Mr Rodger accompanied Kelly on a trip to Blackpool, where he was introduced to Bennell.
Mr Rodger told Channel 4 News that the abuse he received at the hands at Bennell made him physically sick.
“The following day Bill Kelly told me, if anybody was to ask anything, just to say that I’d eaten something that hadn’t agreed with me at dinner,” he said.
Mr Rodger, a decorated former serviceman who served in Bosnia, Northern Ireland and in the first Gulf War, said that he hoped his decision to speak out would convince others to come forward.
“Everybody in Scotland knows that abuse has taken place but it’s different when there’s a face, there’s a name that’s telling them that I was abused.” he said.
Kelly, a former secretary of the West Lothian Association of Youth Football Clubs, denies having any connection with Bennell or McCafferty.
The SFA said that it was awaiting the findings of the independent review.

A year. One year in prison for ruining 12 young childrens' lives. Wth?? What kind of deterrent is that? That's criminal in itself.

No Alan Brazil on the TalkSPORT show yesterday and today,wonder if he is in the rest of the week after the Ch4 thing drops,anyone here why??

Could be nothing but could that radio station actually discuss a national scandal and Jim “creepy” White actually do an exclusive for once.

It’s disgraceful I think we should bombard them and ask why not if they are a sport radio station now as it’s CROSS BORDER activity and players involved.

Woodward,Speed,Lennon and other all come into play now.

No Alan Brazil on the TalkSPORT show yesterday and today,wonder if he is in the rest of the week after the Ch4 thing drops,anyone here why??

Could be nothing but could that radio station actually discuss a national scandal and Jim “creepy” White actually do an exclusive for once.

It’s disgraceful I think we should bombard them and ask why not if they are a sport radio station now as it’s CROSS BORDER activity and players involved.

Woodward,Speed,Lennon and other all come into play now.

What do Speed and Lennon have to do with things? Is there an inference their difficulties may stem from their experiences?

The scum want to add

“……and/or abusive language, including allegations, statements or chants relating to child or sexual abuse, racial, sectarian…”

To band chants.
What an absolute crock of shit that statement is.
it’s so self serving and self righteous it’s unreal.
They are desperately trying to control a narrative here.

the part where the spfl statement says about singing/chanting about proscribed terrorist groups etc, and then their statement automatically thinks it’s about them and their history. So, they finally admit to glofirying the IRA being part of their history?

a joke of a club, genuinley.
Let’s see what ch4 bring to the table.

What do Speed and Lennon have to do with things? Is there an inference their difficulties may stem from their experiences?

Because people should be asking questions as Woodward’s life was consumed by Bennell,Andy knew the other 2 guys and was close to Lennon.

He allegedly knew Woodward was being abused that all I will say on that,they all knew was the exact words used to me.

I have always maintained the anger and issues Lennon showed over the years was either through guilt of knowing about Bennell and other’s,or more unfortunately he was abused,he walked in on something a long time ago so the story was told from a book or something I’m sure.?

the lenient sentences handed out to these beasts in Scotland does not sit right with me. Anyone else thinking something is not right? We know from past findings these paedophile rings are likely to include powerful figures.

Can anyone honestly justify why here in Scotland such pathetic sentences are handed out for ruining peoples life and the crime lasting decades?

The scum want to add

“……and/or abusive language, including allegations, statements or chants relating to child or sexual abuse, racial, sectarian…”

To band chants.
lets not talk about it and it will go away, all them survivors are telling lies.. think we know why they keep renewing the turf its plain to see that the carpet wasnt big enough to sweep what they want hidden under it.

with their history and their above statement they should be playing in the Lowland league.

“Mr Henry confirmed that his inquiry had received information which suggested that prominent abusers in Scotland and England had been working together.
“There was no substantive information that we had at that time that suggested any kind of organised abuse between Scotland and England under the auspices of football.”

That’s a Fûcking haunting statement from this rhat.
Folk have been banging that drum for two year and this man is in no position to be heading the enquiry.

The guy has been backed into a corner by this new info,that alone is another scandal.

Remember these are Jock Steins own words, these words came from the man himself

"Jock told the audience that Frank Cairney would not be joining a senior club [Hamilton Academicals] as assistant manager.

"He was going to Celtic Park to work for him to develop young players for the Celtic Football Club.”

It is hilarious that they think that everything that gets sung at them is abuse yet they should be allowed to sing anything they want. They have tied themselves in knots over this. Dornan quitting has something to do this.
We all know who this idiot and enabler will blame this decision to stand down on. As usual, it will be bigoted, evil Rangers fans responsible.

Never mind that what we are on him about is preferential treatment of his club, biased treatment of ours and helping to hide decades of abuse. Despite his 'too little/too late', half hearted attempts at getting justice.

the lenient sentences handed out to these beasts in Scotland does not sit right with me. Anyone else thinking something is not right? We know from past findings these paedophile rings are likely to include powerful figures.

Can anyone honestly justify why here in Scotland such pathetic sentences are handed out for ruining peoples life and the crime lasting decades?
Something is definitely not right, how the sentences can be justified when entire lifetimes have been taken away is wrong.
Also worrying is the apparent lack of any form of response from the victims or their legal teams. You’d think this would invoke a public outrage never seen before but instead nothing.
Are they being deliberately suppressed by the SNP and their media lackies?

I found that a very disturbing read, the lengths that they will go to to aid the cover up and attempt to muddy the waters is worrying.
Remember, these people walk amongst us every day!
They have no shame and they are about to be shown nationwide what they stand for. We all know Alex Thompson obviously but I believe he is about to hit them hard.

The scum want to add

To band chants.
They are a propagandist mouthpiece. They may well have an interview with a Rangers fan, however the fact they perpetually state “The Rangers fan” tells me they don’t care about the guy or his suffering. They are othering him by referring to him as “The Rangers fan” he’s not one of us, even though he is a human being. They only care about proportioning blame across Scottish football, but mainly at us. It appears there was beasts at Rangers with the likes of Neely, however what they fail to recognise is that while the unfortunate truth is these types can get through, it’s the response of how such issues are handled after. Covering up, facilitating and gagging victims is what Celtic are also accused of. They knew top to bottom what was going on and they chose to ignore it for fear of damage to their reputation or worse.

Back