Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Celtic fc have a responsibility to explain as to why they paid one million pounds to a company (trophy centre) owned by a prolific peadophile, who at the same time was also the director for the official Celtic boys club. This at the time (1980s) would have amounted to buying cargo ships full of cheap tricket medals for a boys club they say has nothing to do with them.

Stinks to high heaven

Celtic fc have a responsibility to explain as to why they paid one million pounds to a company (trophy centre) owned by a prolific peadophile, who at the same time was also the director for the official Celtic boys club. This at the time (1980s) would have amounted to buying cargo ships full of cheap tricket medals for a boys club they say has nothing to do with them.

Stinks to high heaven

Im pretty sure it was in the period 1998-2001Ally. Their last accounts submitted were for the year to 31.01.02.

Because they were a small company they were submitting only a Balance Sheet until January, 2000.

Im pretty sure it was in the period 1998-2001Ally. Their last accounts submitted were for the year to 31.01.02.

Because they were a small company they were submitting only a Balance Sheet until January, 2000.

Thanks Grigo for clearing that up, makes me think even more now that it was hush money. My intial thought was of celtic boys club salaries and running costs being paid via the trophy centre. Just my own thoughts

I’m really struggling with this individuals mindset. He has ignored everything on this subject and thinks posting his child on Twitter over the past few day’s will.. (quote).. “cheer people up” while people are suffering and losing jobs due to coronavirus.

not so sure glass/mirrors on a door are really appropriate with a young child moving around in a wheeled walking frame

Thanks Grigo for clearing that up, makes me think even more now that it was hush money. My intial thought was of celtic boys club salaries and running costs being paid via the trophy centre. Just my own thoughts

It probably was in some way Ally. Very limited info published but the bank balance at 2002 was only 52k above the bank balance in 1997.

I’m really struggling with this individuals mindset. He has ignored everything on this subject and thinks posting his child on Twitter over the past few day’s will.. (quote).. “cheer people up” while people are suffering and losing jobs due to coronavirus.

That makes two of us then. I don't get his mentality either. A misnomer of a position if ever there was one too.

I just rattled his cage on Twitter. I'd love to rattle him. A disgusting human being.

Around that time, everyone knew they were pocketing turnstile cash. This is a decent guess as to how they laundered the money.
I still think the Directors were complicit in CSA however
When you re-employ one paedophile knowing fine well that he is a predator of children and attempt to re-employ another knowing fine well he is a predator of children your damn dickity they are complicit!

I have always said that’s the smoking gun here,the trophy centre was a hub to abuse boys on a Saturday job and a front imo to shift cash through their shît tip of a crime scene stadium.(allegedly)

The first 100% true as Kenny Campbell and Andrew Gray found out sadly,and that’s who we only know so far.

The second will be a little harder to prove,as others have said the documents to company house and who viewed and signed off these could be even more important.

There is a bigger story here imho and Torbett and his buisness and charity connections all connect to a seedy and dark world for children with this man and his associates of terror all connected.

Since a few things have been on hold recently, I’ve been looking through some of the things we’ve been involved in over the past 18 months or so.

One thing that sticks out a lot is the denial that has ran all the way through this, by not only the club but also their support. Even as recent as the Alex Thomson pieces. The first reply on this Twitter thread below sums them up. They actually think their club has done the right thing.

Even when you hear Celtic’s victims speak, then they have all categorically stated that nobody else is to blame but the club, yet their support obviously believe otherwise.

Also the abuse that the victims have received from the Celtic support. I’ve witnessed first hand the abuse that the Gray ladies have received. To the extent of one individual on Twitter who goes by various aliases actually instigating abuse. They have proved they will go to any level to attempt to protect their club.

Recently we also seen the Celtic Star and a few Celtic bloggers attempt to take the moral high ground when it came to victims. One blogger stating “don’t worry as the club are well insured for this sort of thing”. Their only aim was to attempt to gain a quote from a victim, and that the whole blame lay with the SFA. If that is the Celtic Star view, then where have they been for the past few years? Will they interview a victim directly linked to the abuse at their club?.. No I don’t think so either.

Then the struggle we’ve had when it came to the Scottish government at the start. Constantly hiding behind an SFA review. We even had to approach Westminster at one point to force Holyrood to reply. This taught us that the Scottish government did not want to discuss the subject. Why else would they ignore us?

Obviously when it comes to the perpetrators and those under investigation then it can’t be put on the forum. A hell of a lot of work has gone into this whole issue and is still going on. A lot has happened since we started and it’s definitely moving in the right direction.

For obvious reasons this issue has to be put on hold. I can assure you that each one of us still feel the same as we did on day one. Under no circumstances are we going anywhere. Only a full independent inquiry will show the people who knew at that club and chose to turn their back.

Since a few things have been on hold recently, I’ve been looking through some of the things we’ve been involved in over the past 18 months or so.

One thing that sticks out a lot is the denial that has ran all the way through this, by not only the club but also their support. Even as recent as the Alex Thomson pieces. The first reply on this Twitter thread below sums them up. They actually think their club has done the right thing.

Even when you hear Celtic’s victims speak, then they have all categorically stated that nobody else is to blame but the club, yet their support obviously believe otherwise.

Also the abuse that the victims have received from the Celtic support. I’ve witnessed first hand the abuse that the Gray ladies have received. To the extent of one individual on Twitter who goes by various aliases actually instigating abuse. They have proved they will go to any level to attempt to protect their club.

Recently we also seen the Celtic Star and a few Celtic bloggers attempt to take the moral high ground when it came to victims. One blogger stating “don’t worry as the club are well insured for this sort of thing”. Their only aim was to attempt to gain a quote from a victim, and that the whole blame lay with the SFA. If that is the Celtic Star view, then where have they been for the past few years? Will they interview a victim directly linked to the abuse at their club?.. No I don’t think so either.

Then the struggle we’ve had when it came to the Scottish government at the start. Constantly hiding behind an SFA review. We even had to approach Westminster at one point to force Holyrood to reply. This taught us that the Scottish government did not want to discuss the subject. Why else would they ignore us?

Obviously when it comes to the perpetrators and those under investigation then it can’t be put on the forum. A hell of a lot of work has gone into this whole issue and is still going on. A lot has happened since we started and it’s definitely moving in the right direction.

For obvious reasons this issue has to be put on hold. I can assure you that each one of us still feel the same as we did on day one. Under no circumstances are we going anywhere. Only a full independent inquiry will show the people who knew at that club and chose to turn their back.

Outstanding post;)

As unfortunate as this is, we need to put things into perspective here. Most on here will be aware that myself and others have been working on bringing the truth about the abuse and subsequent coverup at Celtic Football Club.
Over the past few weeks the coronavirus has taken the headlines of all media outlets, and rightly so. There are families losing loved ones and people suffering, whether it be their health or problems with their employment.
This must take priority at the moment and everything else has to be put on hold. This may sound harsh, but it’s fact.
Our media contacts on this issue have also taken this view as they are working on the coronavirus issue and they also have relatives and loved ones that need help at this time, so when it comes to the issues that we have been working on we’ve had no choice but to put them on hold.
The right decision, as long as it's on hold ;)

I cant help but think this Martin Henry needs looked into further.
His past would suggest he is NOT the right man to be carrying out any abuse investigations
I agree. What we have to remember is no charges were brought against Henry, but going by his previous associates then definitely a strange appointment.
The SFA review was due at the end of April. Whether that’s still the case with everything going on at the moment then I don’t know.
Let’s be honest though. The SFA also need investigating on this issue and I would go as far to say that some members also within the Scottish government need looking at.
Personally, I would like to see Westminster head an inquiry. I do not trust the Scottish government in appointing the correct person to head an inquiry. To be honest I don’t trust them with anything.
We all know corruption exists within their ranks and not only on this issue.

I agree. What we have to remember is no charges were brought against Henry, but going by his previous associates then definitely a strange appointment.
The SFA review was due at the end of April. Whether that’s still the case with everything going on at the moment then I don’t know.
Let’s be honest though. The SFA also need investigating on this issue and I would go as far to say that some members also within the Scottish government need looking at.
Personally, I would like to see Westminster head an inquiry. I do not trust the Scottish government in appointing the correct person to head an inquiry. To be honest I don’t trust them with anything.
We all know corruption exists within their ranks and not only on this issue.
100% agree mate

Their sales are 1m-2m a year mate. This 250k a year was far from their only business.
It was a payment x4 ..would file under expenses I'd imagine...or have they buried those payments even though it's well documented they were still doing business with TTC 1997-2001?

Was there a contract between CFC and TTC at that time?

It was a payment x4 ..would file under expenses I'd imagine...or have they buried those payments even though it's well documented they were still doing business with TTC 1997-2001?

Was there a contract between CFC and TTC at that time?

Im not sure what you’re expecting from a set of accounts to Companies House BB.

The Auditors review detailed financial records in the company premises but all that is officially submitted for ANY COMPANY is a condensed summary. And they don’t submit customer contracts. They are between both parties & not for public view mate.

The SFA review was due to be published at the end of April. I’m not sure if that’s still the case due to the coronavirus issue.
Even after the review then I think this will have a long way to go yet.
The review is a sham, the corrupted investigating the corrupted, they were guilty of the cover up as well, only a real public enquiry totally free from the Scottish governments influence will suffice.

The review is a sham, the corrupted investigating the corrupted, they were guilty of the cover up as well, only a real public enquiry totally free from the Scottish governments influence will suffice.

Even if it is a sham (which I don't disgsree with you on), we need it to come out so we can properly dissect it and use what we find to push for the independent enquiry you mention.

So Humza... I’ll ask you again. What about the victims at your beloved club and the families that you have failed to contact? Would you like to comment on that. “You are not alone” is your quote. When it comes to you being a so called justice secretary then I’m afraid they are alone. You fuckin parasite

He’s a fucking hypocrite mate. I know what you think of him. And you are SPOT ON.

I cant help but think this Martin Henry needs looked into further.
His past would suggest he is NOT the right man to be carrying out any abuse investigations
Who appointed him to the position, and what qualifies him to be in it?
Surely "missing' one of the worst paedophiles this country has ever seen while he is working alongside you in the same office should have given a clue that he's not the most observant.

Who appointed him to the position, and what qualifies him to be in it?
Surely "missing' one of the worst paedophiles this country has ever seen while he is working alongside you in the same office should have given a clue that he's not the most observant.
What qualifies the person who picked the person to head it, it goes deeper than the guy who headed it.

A full independent investigation by an English police force is the only and right way for this to be sorted out, theforce that did the Grooming gangs investigation or the force with understanding of the football problem who did the Crewe investigation is the way forward

What qualifies the person who picked the person to head it, it goes deeper than the guy who headed it.

A full independent investigation by an English police force is the only and right way for this to be sorted out, theforce that did the Grooming gangs investigation or the force with understanding of the football problem who did the Crewe investigation is the way forward
The worry is that with Nasty Nic &co still in power this investigation would never get off the ground

He’s a fucking hypocrite mate. I know what you think of him. And you are SPOT ON.
He is nothing but a fuking parasite , that should be no where near the Scottish government , never mind holding such a prominent position , shows the position this country is in , when a guy with no qualifications or relevant experience can get to where he is , by being a loudmouth and bigot --same with that fuking weirdo creep McKay who will walk away with all kinds of benefits--shameless

He is nothing but a fuking parasite , that should be no where near the Scottish government , never mind holding such a prominent position , shows the position this country is in , when a guy with no qualifications or relevant experience can get to where he is , by being a loudmouth and bigot --same with that fuking weirdo creep McKay who will walk away with all kinds of benefits--shameless

100% Donny. A scandal.

More guessing to appease their fans with this bullshît.
It used to be "point scoring", now it's "weaponising". Hollicom hard at it here it's always point scoring we were supposed to be guilty of. When did we ramp it up to "weaponising" and how have we managed this?

Are the knives out for the peadophiles? I hope so.

Back