Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Just read the Celtic Star. Watching them trying to take the moral high ground with their past 2 articles has been nothing but comical.
Then they use a picture of Tynecastle for the headline. I actually burst out laughing.
The Celtic Star are attempting to shift the whole blame onto the SFA. Over the years they have never interviewed a victim of the crimes committed by their club. So why have they raised their heads now?
They have no sympathy for Malcolm. He decided to dance with the devil, and their only aim was to gain a quote that would deflect the attention away from the crimes committed and subsequently covered up by the club.
Then they have the cheek of mentioning the Gray ladies. They have sat back and watched these ladies take abuse from day one from the unwashed without saying a word. I can categorically state that the Gray’s want nothing whatsoever to do with Celtic, and the Celtic Star are only using a previous quote.
Malcolm Rodger was a godsend to the filth. A man that is taking action against the SFA so they decided to jump on the bandwagon solely to gain quotes that would deflect their own crimes. Only the uneducated would fall for such a stunt.
I can’t speak for Malcolm and never will. I just hope he realises what the Celtic Star are attempting to achieve. They have done nothing but used this gentleman for their own ends. To deflect all attention away from the crimes committed by the club. Denial of child abuse is the Catholic way. It’s been proven worldwide when brought to justice.
Then we have the Alex Thomson segments. The star response was to go on the defensive. Unlike Rangers fans who want the whole truth out there, the star denied these claims and quoted him as “a once respected journalist”.
The truth is coming and The Star know it. That is the only reason they are getting involved now. To attempt to paint a picture that this is a Scottish football problem.
For over 40 years and probably longer their club has been involved in destroying young boys dreams and lives. They have a long list of individuals that also knew exactly what was going on and still went ahead and erected statues of individuals who knew.
We also believe that there are individuals alive to this day that know what was going on at that club.
Another question that needs answering by the club and the Star is who was hiding Lyness Malley?
We received information on this individual and went on the hunt. There was no mention of him on any search engine or on Celtics history pages. Why? What reason was there to leave this individual out of their history? And who removed it? We’ve got the proof that he existed within that club. I have it here in front of me.
Anyway. The Celtic Star. We await a full interview with the victims of your club. Your denying and deflecting days are coming to an end soon. If a full independent inquiry uncovers anything untoward that happened at Rangers football club then I know the club and our support will do the right thing. Your club have known for over 40 years and done nothing. Even to the extent of denying your own boys club.

Just read the Celtic Star. Watching them trying to take the moral high ground with their past 2 articles has been nothing but comical.
Then they use a picture of Tynecastle for the headline. I actually burst out laughing.
The Celtic Star are attempting to shift the whole blame onto the SFA. Over the years they have never interviewed a victim of the crimes committed by their club. So why have they raised their heads now?
They have no sympathy for Malcolm. He decided to dance with the devil, and their only aim was to gain a quote that would deflect the attention away from the crimes committed and subsequently covered up by the club.
Then they have the cheek of mentioning the Gray ladies. They have sat back and watched these ladies take abuse from day one from the unwashed without saying a word. I can categorically state that the Gray’s want nothing whatsoever to do with Celtic, and the Celtic Star are only using a previous quote.
Malcolm Rodger was a godsend to the filth. A man that is taking action against the SFA so they decided to jump on the bandwagon solely to gain quotes that would deflect their own crimes. Only the uneducated would fall for such a stunt.
I can’t speak for Malcolm and never will. I just hope he realises what the Celtic Star are attempting to achieve. They have done nothing but used this gentleman for their own ends. To deflect all attention away from the crimes committed by the club. Denial of child abuse is the Catholic way. It’s been proven worldwide when brought to justice.
Then we have the Alex Thomson segments. The star response was to go on the defensive. Unlike Rangers fans who want the whole truth out there, the star denied these claims and quoted him as “a once respected journalist”.
The truth is coming and The Star know it. That is the only reason they are getting involved now. To attempt to paint a picture that this is a Scottish football problem.
For over 40 years and probably longer their club has been involved in destroying young boys dreams and lives. They have a long list of individuals that also knew exactly what was going on and still went ahead and erected statues of individuals who knew.
We also believe that there are individuals alive to this day that know what was going on at that club.
Another question that needs answering by the club and the Star is who was hiding Lyness Malley?
We received information on this individual and went on the hunt. There was no mention of him on any search engine or on Celtics history pages. Why? What reason was there to leave this individual out of their history? And who removed it? We’ve got the proof that he existed within that club. I have it here in front of me.
Anyway. The Celtic Star. We await a full interview with the victims of your club. Your denying and deflecting days are coming to an end soon. If a full independent inquiry uncovers anything untoward that happened at Rangers football club then I know the club and our support will do the right thing. Your club have known for over 40 years and done nothing. Even to the extent of denying your own boys club.
Couldn’t agree more BN94. 100% spot on!

I think Malcom Rodgers done the right thing, he reached out to their support when in truth it shouldve been the other way round. We can all see how they intend to use victim/survivors to deflect and spin. Instead of spinning PR stories to protect themselves, they need to call for a full independent public inquiry, ONLY then will they be doing the right thing.

Last edited:

Brilliant post mate ;)

I think Malcom Rodgers done the right thing, he reached out to their support when it truth it shouldve been the other way round. We can all see how they intend to use victim/survivors to deflect and spin. Instead of spinning PR stories to protect themselves, they need to call for a full independent public inquiry, ONLY then will they be doing the right thing.

Having read the article Ally, the Celtic Star has clearly used Malcolm to pervert the reality of their situation. That is clear.

Is it 6 convictions of Celtic employees & 1 SFA related ? Maybe SFA have more I don’t know of ?

Very disappointing that BBC seem to have interviewed Malcolm & Bill, but not the third party in their group on TV if I'm making this up as I need attention: correctly. Anyone see it ?

Three people. Interview two. Leave out the one that brings Celtic into it ?

Yep, BBC Scotland at their finest.
We expect nothing less from the BBC and certain other media outlets when it comes to hearing the victims of Celtic.
Hopefully soon they will have no choice. The SFA review will be published soon. It will be very interesting to see what picture they paint of Celtic. This is why we have continued to contact media outlets outside Scotland in the aim of showing the crimes that have been committed by that club and the subsequent coverup.
We don’t expect much from the review. The independent inquiry is what’s required and hopefully it will be taken out of the hands of Holyrood. I trust nobody in the Scottish government to appoint the correct individual to head the inquiry.
Hopefully I’m wrong reference the review, but the appointment of Martin Henry doesn’t fill us with confidence.

We expect nothing less from the BBC and certain other media outlets when it comes to hearing the victims of Celtic.
Hopefully soon they will have no choice. The SFA review will be published soon. It will be very interesting to see what picture they paint of Celtic. This is why we have continued to contact media outlets outside Scotland in the aim of showing the crimes that have been committed by that club and the subsequent coverup.
We don’t expect much from the review. The independent inquiry is what’s required and hopefully it will be taken out of the hands of Holyrood. I trust nobody in the Scottish government to appoint the correct individual to head the inquiry.
Hopefully I’m wrong reference the review, but the appointment of Martin Henry doesn’t fill us with confidence.

Thanks BN94. It just defies logic that the club / organisation with most convictions is ignored.

Even if they interviewed one person re SFA & one re Celtic that could’ve been classed as balanced & objective, despite Celtic having more convictions. But they didn’t as many would have guessed.

The tsunami of offenders connected to Celtic is absolutely abhorrent,but the cover up to prevent the truth from surfacing is equally disgusting. The fact that the football authorities are not acting to find the truth is bewildering. How the other forty two clubs in Scotland tolerate the scale of this criminal cover up and allow them to function as normal within the game is astonishing. If justice is ever to be served to the victims and I hope this is the case, a lot of people within the game and government should take a good look at themselves and their actions. I really don't know how many people sleep at night.

Not once has anyone from CFC/cbc and or any forums or fans representing that club have ever reached out to the Grays.

The opposite in fact,and the threats that have been made and carried out to MG.

That rhag don’t speak for her and Helene

Fact!
You and I both know what the Gray ladies have gone through. If we were to put on here the things they have been through with the filth that follow that club then it would turn your stomach.
This is a family who’s son/brother pulled on the jersey of that club to play for their boys club. He suffered at the hands of Torbett on more than one occasion and this was proved in court as you know.
So the fans like no other decided to give them not only verbal abuse but some other things that we can’t go into right now in an attempt to make their lives a misery in the name of protecting their clubs image. Utter scum.
They have fought long and hard to bring the truth to the forefront on what was going on at Celtic and I know they won’t give up. We will continue to fight their corner to not only bring that club to justice, but also to give others the confidence that were abused by Celtic employees to come forward.

Last edited:
The tsunami of offenders connected to Celtic is absolutely abhorrent,but the cover up to prevent the truth from surfacing is equally disgusting. The fact that the football authorities are not acting to find the truth is bewildering. How the other forty two clubs in Scotland tolerate the scale of this criminal cover up and allow them to function as normal within the game is astonishing. If justice is ever to be served to the victims and I hope this is the case, a lot of people within the game and government should take a good look at themselves and their actions. I really don't know how many people sleep at night.
You could argue that the cover up is a worse crime as they knowingly allowed the original predators to get away with their crimes and to continue to offend. Additionally it created an environment where subsequent predators had a safe zone to operate in. Had they done the right thing initially and called the police, how many children could have been saved

I've followed this thread for what must be years now (before signing up) and it's safe to say, no matter what new evidence brought to light, convictions or brave witness testimonies, there is always a deflection, denial, silence or spin story to counteract any progress in this fight for justice. It's on that point, I'd like to thank everyone behind the scenes who keep on fighting for justice in the face of this rotten adversary.
There is no shock or surprise by this point, but the absolute disgust you feel in your stomach does not waver as it develops.
Scotland is part of the United Kingdom, one of the most developed and progressive countries in the world. Why is it that such an indescribable evil has been allowed to fester and destroy, while it's now concurrent fallout and cover up is urged to evaporate?? The question has been put to the highest of elected powers in Scotland, but they don't want to know. No matter what we think we know and the strong reasons we can assume, it doesn't change the fact of how awful this fact is; they do not want to talk about it. Why?
I truly, truly worry for Scotland in this day and age. From relatively small fry like "losing the evidence" with regards to the effigies, to dodging this national disgrace and now this week attempting to have court proceedings without a jury forced in, where does this corrupt regime of biased, moral narcissism get off??
In such severely important circumstances, it may come across as partisan to say it, but if it was us, we'd be shutdown already. There is a deep, corrupted heart in this once great country. I pray that the truth will out, and the survivors get justice in whatever form is right for them.

Scottish football abuse survivors team up for justice

A campaign group has been founded by Malcolm Rodger, a former serviceman
Marc Horne
Thursday April 02 2020, 12.00am BST, The Times

https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...abuse-survivors-team-up-for-justice-r9k88zr2h
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...abuse-survivors-team-up-for-justice-r9k88zr2h

Save

Survivors of Scotland’s football abuse scandal have joined forces to demand justice, compensation and apologies for the years of torment they have suffered.

Victims of paedophiles who preyed on young players have waived their anonymity to form a new campaign group.

Settle the Score will urge clubs, including Celtic, Rangers, Hibernian and Dundee United, as well as the Scottish FA, to follow the example of Manchester City who have pledged to compensate and apologise to abuse victims.

The campaign was launched ahead of the publication of the final report of the Independent Review into Sexual Abuse Within Scottish Football, which will highlight the endemic scale of the scandal.

The group was founded by Malcolm Rodger, a former serviceman , Bill Storrie, a financial adviser — both of whom were abused by the prolific paedophile Bill Kelly — and Michelle Gray, whose brother Andrew was a victim of Jim Torbett — the Celtic Boys Club coach and serial abuser.

In a statement they said: “Up until a few weeks ago, none of us knew each other.
“What brought us together was the difficult decision, that each of us made separately, to break our silence and speak publicly about the abuse that we, and our loved ones, suffered.
“Alone and isolated no more, we have teamed up to speak with one voice to demand justice.”
They added: “For far too long powerful clubs and organisations have prioritised the protection of their reputations over and above their responsibility to do the right thing for the vulnerable youngsters who were in their care.”
Mr Rodger, 49, who served in Bosnia and the first Gulf War, was abused by Kelly, his former coach at the now defunct West Lothian club Uphall Saints over a two-year period in the 1980s.
He says that he was assaulted separately by Barry Bennell, 66, a former scout with Manchester City, and Jim McCafferty, 74, a former Celtic kitman and boy’s club coach, after being introduced to them by Kelly.
Both Bennell and McCafferty are now serving jail sentences after being convicted of abusing young players.
Mr Rodger said: “This needs to be put right so that those, like me, who had their dreams shattered and careers destroyed can at last get peace.”
Mr Storrie added: “We are now a group supporting each other but we are still being deflected by politicians, ruling bodies and football clubs.”
Ms Gray, whose brother gave evidence which helped to convict Torbett before he died in a swimming pool accident in Australia in 2017, said: “We will never give up fighting for the truth and justice that Andrew and so many others deserve.”
Four men who held senior roles with Celtic Boys Club have been convicted of sexual abuse.
Celtic FC has said that it is sorry that abuse took place but continues to insist that it was a separate entity to its feeder club.
The SFA has said it is awaiting the publication of the independent review.

Very disappointing that BBC seem to have interviewed Malcolm & Bill, but not the third party in their group on TV if I'm making this up as I need attention: correctly. Anyone see it ?

Three people. Interview two. Leave out the one that brings Celtic into it ?

Yep, BBC Scotland at their finest.
Just remember mate they harboured Jimmy Saville enough said.

The appointment of Martin Henry is a massive red flag that any honest journalist would be highlighting in massive headlines

I've followed this thread for what must be years now (before signing up) and it's safe to say, no matter what new evidence brought to light, convictions or brave witness testimonies, there is always a deflection, denial, silence or spin story to counteract any progress in this fight for justice. It's on that point, I'd like to thank everyone behind the scenes who keep on fighting for justice in the face of this rotten adversary.
There is no shock or surprise by this point, but the absolute disgust you feel in your stomach does not waver as it develops.
Scotland is part of the United Kingdom, one of the most developed and progressive countries in the world. Why is it that such an indescribable evil has been allowed to fester and destroy, while it's now concurrent fallout and cover up is urged to evaporate?? The question has been put to the highest of elected powers in Scotland, but they don't want to know. No matter what we think we know and the strong reasons we can assume, it doesn't change the fact of how awful this fact is; they do not want to talk about it. Why?
I truly, truly worry for Scotland in this day and age. From relatively small fry like "losing the evidence" with regards to the effigies, to dodging this national disgrace and now this week attempting to have court proceedings without a jury forced in, where does this corrupt regime of biased, moral narcissism get off??
In such severely important circumstances, it may come across as partisan to say it, but if it was us, we'd be shutdown already. There is a deep, corrupted heart in this once great country. I pray that the truth will out, and the survivors get justice in whatever form is right for them.

You just have to look at a few years ago when an unmarked grave with the bodies of hundreds of children was discovered on the grounds of a Catholic orphanage, just outside of Motherwell. The police very quickly released a statement saying that there was no signs of criminality. And it was brushed away into the dustbin of history by the press.
After that, there were some stories that sneaked through of horrific abuse at that orphanage - children beaten brutally and sexual abuse. Yet still, it hasn’t ever been investigated. It is completely sinister.

Watched a part of a series here in Australia about the Catholic Church in Ballarat, George Pell, Bishop Mulkearns and a host of others, but the victims who were on it were very brave the things they had to go through and the cover up and denials all the way through and still ongoing.
One bloke who was assaulted, the perpetrator a Catholic bishop had died, so he did a civil action against the present bishop of Ballarat and he won he got over a million dollars, but and the crucial part is not about the money but about them being found guilty and the institution responsible held to account.
It's called Revelation and is on ABC Iview you could probably watch it with a vpn.
It's disturbing watching what the victims have to go through but the survivors are the real heroes of this programme.
https://iview.abc.net.au/show/revelation

Last edited:
Last edited:
When is this bloody documentary coming out in the name of the wee man

As a couple of weeks ago the word is it’s a waiting game like everything else till this global crisis is under control,and that was from someone on the research team to a survivor.

My own personal opinion is this pandemic has set things back alright,but as BN94 said this SFA report will be dropping any minute now and should be scrutinised and looked over as I don’t like others trust them one bit.

Still be vigilant and it’s up to us and others to unfortunately still fight this battle and keep this in the light and not in the dark where others want this hidden and to stay.

Last edited:
As a couple of weeks ago the word is it’s waiting game like everything else till this global crisis is under control,and that was from someone on the research team to a survivor.

My own personal opinion is this pandemic has set things back alright,but as BN94 said this SFA report will be dropping any minute now and should be scrutinised and looked over as I don’t like others trust them one bit.

Still be vigilant and it’s up to us and others to unfortunately still fight this battle and keep this in the light and not in the dark where others want this hidden and to stay.
Would It not be ideal to get it out there while people have nothing better to do than sit in and watch stuff on TV? A bigger audience surely?

Would It not be ideal to get it out there while people have nothing better to do than sit in and watch stuff on TV? A bigger audience surely?

I also thought that but I think some folk have not been interviewed on camera yet in Scotland and there was new information and allegations as well to throw in,but it depends if they go with signed statements they already have from an earlier visit to Scotland.

I sent an email to Jackson Carlaw, Richard Leonard and Willie Rennie, see below.

Evening Gents,

I would appreciate it if you could tell me why child abuse in Scottish Football was excluded from the Lady Smith inquiry and what your respective parties views were on this?

I would also like your respective parties to campaign for an independent inquiry (independent from SNP interference, which might mean another countries football governing body being invited to investigate) into the heinous crime of child abuse in Scottish football and the proven historic cover up of abuse at Celtic Boys Club/Celtic Football Club which has been ignored 40 odd years. This inquiry would cover all clubs in Scottish football.

I can not believe this was not the number one priority in the Scottish parliament ( before Corona virus of course), and anybody who does not think the same will be forever remembered in history as the people who did not speak up for our innocent children.

I know for a fact that a victim's ( Andrew Gray ) mother and sister have been completely ignored by the Justice Secretary on numerous occasions for an explanation as to why the SNP GOVERNMENT would not instigate an independent inquiry.

This is an open goal for the opposition parties.

Best Regards.

I can confirm that today I have had a reply from Willie Rennie in which he attached a read only PDF file. In that file is a request from Willie Rennie to Nicola Sturgeon to advise why football was not included in Lady Smith's inquiry and also a request to hold an indepent inquiry into the child abuse at Celtic Boys Club.

Will let all know if the other two move on this.

I sent an email to Jackson Carlaw, Richard Leonard and Willie Rennie, see below.

Evening Gents,

I would appreciate it if you could tell me why child abuse in Scottish Football was excluded from the Lady Smith inquiry and what your respective parties views were on this?

I would also like your respective parties to campaign for an independent inquiry (independent from SNP interference, which might mean another countries football governing body being invited to investigate) into the heinous crime of child abuse in Scottish football and the proven historic cover up of abuse at Celtic Boys Club/Celtic Football Club which has been ignored 40 odd years. This inquiry would cover all clubs in Scottish football.

I can not believe this was not the number one priority in the Scottish parliament ( before Corona virus of course), and anybody who does not think the same will be forever remembered in history as the people who did not speak up for our innocent children.

I know for a fact that a victim's ( Andrew Gray ) mother and sister have been completely ignored by the Justice Secretary on numerous occasions for an explanation as to why the SNP GOVERNMENT would not instigate an independent inquiry.

This is an open goal for the opposition parties.

Best Regards.

I can confirm that today I have had a reply from Willie Rennie in which he attached a read only PDF file. In that file is a request from Willie Rennie to Nicola Sturgeon to advise why football was not included in Lady Smith's inquiry and also a request to hold an indepent inquiry into the child abuse at Celtic Boys Club.

Will let all know if the other two move on this.
Second reply from Willie Rennie re email to politicians.

Condensed version from Nikla to Willie,

SNP abhors child abuse in football ( no answer about why not included in original inquiry ). Usual, SNP waiting on final SFA inquiry who are waiting on conclusions of criminal cases etc etc ( I had pointed out they could start inquiry with convicted paedophiles, no answer ).

Encouraged Willie and the Liberal party to pursue this scandal and all the kudos that they would gain from this.

Obviously Covid-19 takes precedence over child abuse at the moment, however just keeping the troops updated. Looks like a bit of a dead end.

Stay safe and stay in. God bless the NHS and all carers out there.

Second reply from Willie Rennie re email to politicians.

Condensed version from Nikla to Willie,

SNP abhors child abuse in football ( no answer about why not included in original inquiry ). Usual, SNP waiting on final SFA inquiry who are waiting on conclusions of criminal cases etc etc ( I had pointed out they could start inquiry with convicted paedophiles, no answer ).

Encouraged Willie and the Liberal party to pursue this scandal and all the kudos that they would gain from this.

Obviously Covid-19 takes precedence over child abuse at the moment, however just keeping the troops updated. Looks like a bit of a dead end.

Stay safe and stay in. God bless the NHS and all carers out there.

Great work BC.

And agree on your sentiments on the NHS;)

They could be interviewed via FaceTime or something similar.
I get what you’re saying but this has been a few years in the making. Like @Bobafett Bear says in his first sentence, a researcher was contacted and obviously everything is on hold due to the pandemic and I know you’ll agree rightly so.

I think you’ll also agree that within the last year there have been new developments. We were originally told that it was scheduled for early to the middle of this year. We were then told it was due at the end of February. Also we had the Alex Thomson piece, so it may not be complete.

Very good post.

100% mate

You just have to look at a few years ago when an unmarked grave with the bodies of hundreds of children was discovered on the grounds of a Catholic orphanage, just outside of Motherwell. The police very quickly released a statement saying that there was no signs of criminality. And it was brushed away into the dustbin of history by the press.
After that, there were some stories that sneaked through of horrific abuse at that orphanage - children beaten brutally and sexual abuse. Yet still, it hasn’t ever been investigated. It is completely sinister.
Sounds like someone else has a great big carpet with hidden secrets underneath :mad:

Great post mate.
You are quite right to be worried about Scotland in this day and age. It is a divided country due to the nationalist zealots at Holyrood and their determination to avoid upsetting their republican vote who support the vile club at Kerrydale Street.
They would rather turn a blind eye to the heinous crimes of a paedophile ring than risk upsetting their core vote. In any normal society that would be unacceptable, but in the political cesspit of Scotland it is a fact. The SNP is a corrupt cabal of cronies who are a clear and present danger to our club and our community. In short, they despise us and everything we stand for.
We need a full independent enquiry into child sex abuse in Scottish football, with no stone unturned. If the SNP is involved in any way, then any enquiry would be tainted and there would be a cover up of the cover up.
I have massive respect for the guys on here who have continued to fight to bring justice for the victims and punish the guilty. They are fighting against a corrupt regime and a level of protectionism hitherto unseen in this country. They are a credit to themselves, their families and to justice everywhere. I salute them !

Surely they should be taken this time to further investigate their 'internal investigation'

Then they would be re-investigating the investigation of an investigation and going round in a continual circle of denial and of any wrongdoing.

Which is pretty much where they are at now

They have run out of excuses...they go to court with the separate entity plea any competent brief will shit all over it

And the pigs arse liewell is baw deep in it .

What to do........

An absolute ridiculous decision by those judges, a jury found him guilty with evidence that was presented, yet they come out with the jury didn’t consider other evidence, have the judges not thought that the jury may have considered this evidence and came to the conclusion that the testimonies given by the victims was more compelling, just makes you wonder about the legal system.

I first met Lyness Malley in the late 70s when I started working in the same place as him and I can assure everyone he was extremely active within Celtic boys club then. He would talk about the boys club and the work he done as a Celtic pools agent non stop. As I have said in a previous post we would rip into him about the abuse at the boys club on a daily basis, so for him to claim he was unaware of the allegations is just simply a lie.

Back