Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I have listened to the Oxford Debate by four of the speakers, and would have listened to the conclusion of the debate, but unfortunately I could not find the rest of it. How did the house vote. The victims of abuse nearer to home could be doing with the services of Mitchell Gabaedian . Elisabeth Coppin, deserved her standing ovation, I was near to tears listening to her.
I have just watched the whole thing.After all 8 speakers had finished ,the vote ( strangely not on video) carried the motion that the Catholic church could never pay for its sins.

You’re correct mate.

George McCluskey made it into their first team, but it was his brother John who was abused.

John was actually a superb talent as a youngster. I saw him play for Scotland U16 and he was excellent.

Correct Grigo.

George lost his shit when he found out his brother had been abused. He wanted to kick doors in. He wanted revenge!

You’re correct mate.

George McCluskey made it into their first team, but it was his brother John who was abused.

John was actually a superb talent as a youngster. I saw him play for Scotland U16 and he was excellent.

I remember years back while discussing football with a mentally challenged acquaintance he spoke of John McCluskey being a potential superstar. As I was younger and had never seen him play before he retired I asked what became of him, a bad knee injury was the reply.

The official reason is a thrombosis in the leg while being a victim of Torbett.

Correct Grigo.

George lost his shit when he found out his brother had been abused. He wanted to kick doors in. He wanted revenge!
He would be the ideal man for some of our SMSM to talk to if this is true .
I find it very strange that Ex CFC players are very vocal when it comes to talking about our wows .
But not an utterance from them when it comes to one of the biggest scandals in World sport.
How they sleep at night ? I don't know.

You’re correct mate.

He was well known for being a cracking player as a teenager in the West of Scotland. My mates and I went out of our way one Saturday to go and watch him. Think his nickname was Friar Tuck? Could be wrong re nickname.

I remember years back while discussing football with a mentally challenged acquaintance he spoke of John McCluskey being a potential superstar. As I was younger and had never seen him play before he retired I asked what became of him, a bad knee injury was the reply.

The official reason is a thrombosis in the leg while being a victim of Torbett.

Have to say Humbug, the boy was a talent.

Shocking reading that again.

I’m sure it was Scotland v Germany U16 I saw & he was outstanding.

He was well known for being a cracking player as a teenager in the West of Scotland. My mates and I went out of our way one Saturday to go and watch him. Think his nickname was Friar Tuck? Could be wrong re nickname.

Yes, Humbug’s post mate - Friar it says in there.

Very sad reading that article. He says that Dunblane Disaster made him come out to speak as that Thomas Hamilton was seemingly a paedophile too.

I read on Rangers Media that there was an interview last week on BBC Radio Scotland with Johnny Beattie and Willie Haughy where Beattie asked him “as a Non-executive Director of celtic fc; do you think that celtic should take responsibility and pay out to the victims of child abuse due to the lodging of court papers about to go in tomorrow?”
Obviously I haven’t seen anything reported by the msm but does anyone know if these papers were in fact lodged last week?
Do we know the numbers of complainants and potential figures in pay outs?
With such a huge story you’d expect it to be reported but it seems to be hidden away along with Desmond’s potential charges for money laundering.

He would be the ideal man for some of our SMSM to talk to if this is true .
I find it very strange that Ex CFC players are very vocal when it comes to talking about our wows .
But not an utterance from them when it comes to one of the biggest scandals in World sport.
How they sleep at night ? I don't know.
That's the problem here. The "good name" of the rancid organisation takes precedence, disgusting.

Celtic will pay out on this no doubt.lawyers and civil cases will see to that.
They will though never feel an ounce of football punishment.
Ask 42 clubs if they should be punished and you will find very little support to do so when push comes to shove. Ask the SFA or SPFL and they will laugh in your face.

In this case it should be put to the other 41 clubs as simply as this:

If you believe they should be punished then that is fine.
If you do not want them punished then it is blindingly obvious you support CSA.

The other clubs don't want to address this issue and they certainly don't want to lose out on money spinning games against the enablers. However their own fans can make a difference, but therein, they don't care about this either, other than to mock them on matchdays.
There will not be any sanctions applied against Celtic by the SFA or SPFL no matter how much shame the courts eventually expose to the nation. Or how many millions they have to pay out in compensation.

I get more disturbed at the web of deceit at Celtic each day.

I previously commented on here... many many pages ago... that I presumed abusers were using boys and luring them with promises of first team football. It seemed obvious.

It didnt even occur to me that some of the better players, or the best players, were kept away from the abuse because producing the best talent for Celtic Football Club was the whole purpose of the Boys Club (to the face of the public). (I'm sure we have a different opinion as to why the Boys Club was set up within Celtic). But they needed to keep producing them.

Its deceitful and sick what went on.

There was a movie on last night called Spotlight and it showed not only how widespread the abuse of children is within the cc but also the lengths they go too to cover it up by installing their members within positions of authority.

Very similar to what happen at CBC and it will take similar, intensive investigative journalism to expose the full extent of it. There will be a lot more abusers and victims than what is currently known.

And with CFCs and their fans continued attempts to further abuse the victims into silence many will be afraid to come forward. Those people must be reached they deserve to be heard and they deserve justice.

Gives me the
I get more disturbed at the web of deceit at Celtic each day.

I previously commented on here... many many pages ago... that I presumed abusers were using boys and luring them with promises of first team football. It seemed obvious.

It didnt even occur to me that some of the better players, or the best players, were kept away from the abuse because producing the best talent for Celtic Football Club was the whole purpose of the Boys Club (to the face of the public). (I'm sure we have a different opinion as to why the Boys Club was set up within Celtic). But they needed to keep producing them.

Its deceitful and sick what went on.
I shiver thinking about that, also makes you think about all the various boys clubs, guilds, schools which have their own scouts recommending boys to them, a factory style conveyor belt to hell for some of those young lads.

There was a movie on last night called Spotlight and it showed not only how widespread the abuse of children is within the cc but also the lengths they go too to cover it up by installing their members within positions of authority.

Very similar to what happen at CBC and it will take similar, intensive investigative journalism to expose the full extent of it. There will be a lot more abusers and victims than what is currently known.

And with CFCs and their fans continued attempts to further abuse the victims into silence many will be afraid to come forward. Those people must be reached they deserve to be heard and they deserve justice.
Been saying for ages now It’s the cover up that will undo them.

A bit of perspective is needed here .
We all know that child predators sadly infiltrate groups that are involved with children .
We have also heard innuendo about various institutions B.B.Scouts,Youth clubs .
But what we have here is a Glasgow football club with 9 Peadophiles linked to it's address.
Nine that We know about and hundreds of victims all linked to the same address.
If this was any other club or institution it would be raided and shut down pending an investigation .

I don't know what size their youth department was back in the 1970s and 1980s .
But it might have been easier to count the Non-predators involved at that club .
This is heartbreaking .

And when it's about to get exposed many will jump ship cause they will want to be on the right side of the story. Will be like rats leaving a sinking ship.

We won’t forget those bastards mate. The amount of emails & appeals to such as Sturgeon, Humza, Adidas, and many many more are all on record. Not to mention basically every
SNP politician from so many bears.

They won’t be allowed to hide from history.

If memory serves right John mccluskey suffered a blood clot not a knee injury, he was considerably better prospect than his brother George.

Totally agree with you Mani, don’t think we have any journalist’s in this part of the world of the same calibre as Rezendes and Robinson from the Boston Globe or with the same moral fibre as I believe they were Catholic’s investigating the Catholic Church.
My hope is Alex Thompson or similarity competent “outsider” out with the tentacles of CFC or RCC will be sniffing out a British Journalist Award and blow this 50 year old atrocity out of the water for the whole world to hear.

Ah, my old essay ;)

I was always intrigued by:

"Lawrence had the number ‘110’ written on the palms of his hands and carved into his shoulder (likely done with a key). This has never been explained."

That's way too random not to be significant. Was it a warning to others? Would other abuse victims understand the significance of '110' and this was to frighten them into silence? Was Haggart about to speak out about McCafferty given he was under investigation at the time?

I wonder if Alex Thompson is aware of these links

Totally agree with you Mani, don’t think we have any journalist’s in this part of the world of the same calibre as Rezendes and Robinson from the Boston Globe or with the same moral fibre as I believe they were Catholic’s investigating the Catholic Church.
My hope is Alex Thompson or similarity competent “outsider” out with the tentacles of CFC or RCC will be sniffing out a British Journalist Award and blow this 50 year old atrocity out of the water for the whole world to hear.
I may be wrong but I believe it was Toronto journalists that exposed the Boston Diocese paedo ring. The Boston papes had their grip on the city and Massachutes in general that although it was widely known what was going on.
A bit like sellik

The last 2 videos that have been posted on this thread should be an real eye opener for a lot of people, due to the attempts to cover up for pedophiles.
And this bit is for the guys who have been working on this one since the start, listening to Thomas Reilly and what he said about that so called religious cult done to try too pick and chose their preferred judges has that been tried here??.
The most important thing I have taking from the both of them is they will never ever give up on their quest to bring these evil bastards too justice and if you notice when the above-mentioned lawyer almost loses his train of thought when speaking about the one priest that got away with what he done you could hear the real satisfaction in his voice when he told the audience they got him.
Also on that theme if anyone wants to look on Netflix for a programme called Real Detective and in particular program 2 and 8 in series 1these2 wil give you an insight into what the guy in the second video 1 page back, when dealing with a paedophile both are very hard to watch.

We won’t forget those bastards mate. The amount of emails & appeals to such as Sturgeon, Humza, Adidas, and many many more are all on record. Not to mention basically every
SNP politician from so many bears.

They won’t be allowed to hide from history.
I tried to explain to a Unionist Hibs fan that the SNP were deliberately covering up this scandal to protect their Catholic vote. He had no idea what I meant by the Catholic vote. This is what we are up against.

I tried to explain to a Unionist Hibs fan that the SNP were deliberately covering up this scandal to protect their Catholic vote. He had no idea what I meant by the Catholic vote. This is what we are up against.

It’s unreal b&R.

I tried to convince a Killie fan in work, whose sister is a bear as well, but they just are not interested.

FFS What has this country become ?

Back