Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Like we've said for years : Big Jock Knew, yet not one of our so-called investigative journalists has ever seen fit to shine a light on this.
Shame on them, shame on Scotland.
Exactly mate, would love to see them asked directly at one of press conference “love ins” their thoughts on the fact that so many young kids were preyed upon by a group of peados at CBC whilst following their dreams to play for Celtic. Watch TLB and the fat slugs discomfort as they cut the press conference short with no comment. You would think in a decent civilised society these questions would be perfectly reasonable. Not one of the Scottish press pack would have the balls to ask the obvious questions.

COVID-19 has postponed Qualified One-way Cost Shifting to year end, effectively recessed the courts & delayed justice for the victims of decades-long child abuse.

Meantime with no remorse, shame or apology Celtc publicise missing kids? Why not compensate the living victims of their own affiliates! The height of hypocrisy.

Exactly mate, would love to see them asked directly at one of press conference “love ins” their thoughts on the fact that so many young kids were preyed upon by a group of peados at CBC whilst following their dreams to play for Celtic. Watch TLB and the fat slugs discomfort as they cut the press conference short with no comment. You would think in a decent civilised society these questions would be perfectly reasonable. Not one of the Scottish press pack would have the balls to ask the obvious questions.

That's it gone public in Michigan for ONE PAEDOPHILE, yet this embarrassing country ignores
a whole paedophile ring mate.

Surely making the point about the farcical nature of their 'separate entity' claim ? If they are arranging the kids passports at the club ?????

It does that but that's not what the tweet is about. Why did the SFA order Celtic to cancel the trip, what were the reasons given which Gordon now doubts and what does Gordon believe was the real reason?

They have a PR company, various media platforms, politicians, legal placements probably at every level in batting for them, it would appear all the victims have is Twitter, close family and a few caring souls on this forum doing their best to get justice for them, it also amazes me that prior to this lockdown the few celtic people I had the misfortune to work with have the opinion of ‘its all shite‘ even when they would sit down and read their papers with stories about the shenanigans that went on there, reading some of Gordons tweets are very disturbing.

Hope you’re right. I just can’t shake the feeling that having their own kind strategically placed in positions of power within football, the media and politics will ensure they never even experience a mild inconvenience never mind being brought to justice.

Your point's absolutely valid DZ, and that's why the team have been pushing a number of
sources outside this warped country mate.

I'm of a similar age to both of the McCluskey brothers and played against the Celtic team they were in on occasion. The rumours surrounding the boys club were rife even back then mid to late seventies. I'd say anyone playing for Celtic in those days would have to be aware of what was going on.

My brother's team went to USA in the late 70's Will, and two Celtic boys joined them & actually
hinted to my brothers teammates why they'd rather go with a team other than CBC. Same as
you effectively mate.

They have a PR company, various media platforms, politicians, legal placements probably at every level in batting for them, it would appear all the victims have is Twitter, close family and a few caring souls on this forum doing their best to get justice for them, it also amazes me that prior to this lockdown the few celtic people I had the misfortune to work with have the opinion of ‘its all shite‘ even when they would sit down and read their papers with stories about the shenanigans that went on there, reading some of Gordons tweets are very disturbing.

Just for a bit of context and a reality check for everyone on this thread, I have just had the most harrowing 36 hours with my partner of 24 years. Over the years she has divulged certain things that have went on in her family since the 80'S. Our authorities have been contacted about the matters previously but it seems that it's not high on the agenda for investigation.
After the last few hours of venting she has shared things with me that left me questioning the humanity of the religion that is absolved of all sin with a simple penance. My partner has went to her bed after demanding that no retribution will be met despite sharing names dates times etc. as to do so will "wreck the family"

My point is the whole family must be told who when and where these crimes occurred to move forward, i have been sworn to secrecy as all the major players are elderly and no one else in the family wont want to go through the "upheaval" of being interviewed again.

Many of the people on this thread will know I have been quiet of late regarding the major focus of everyone's attention on this subject, I have needed to direct all my energy and care on someone who I sleep beside who has been trying to hold her family together despite the constant denial that anything untoward has went on. However, it should be a timely reminder that this is going on under everyone's watch regardless of what you may think this is not confined to football clubs.

At the time of typing I am still trying to get my head around what was shared and unsure if the authorities will ever get around to fully investigating the incidents. The fall out now makes some sense as to certain peoples personalities and mannerisms, but the devastation I am now witnessing to an extended family is beyond comprehension.

I share this in the hope that everyone will keep in mind the extent that abuse affects families more than the initial crimes committed in the past, it has taken over 20 years for my partner to divulge to me everything that she wouldn't to psychologists and therapists.

There is no right or wrong way to share, it's just when the time is right, I'm glad it was tonight but i would wait another 20 years plus if i had to.

I have just watched the whole thing.After all 8 speakers had finished ,the vote ( strangely not on video) carried the motion that the Catholic church could never pay for its sins.
Watching the speakers this morning, I heard an incredible statement which I'm sure some of you may question:
4:40 mark or so, Marci Hamilton stated that she testified in Scotland, "who has some of the most progressive laws in this field".

Ummm, what??

I'm of a similar age to both of the McCluskey brothers and played against the Celtic team they were in on occasion. The rumours surrounding the boys club were rife even back then mid to late seventies. I'd say anyone playing for Celtic in those days would have to be aware of what was going on.
Defo Mate, i was in my teens in the 70's and it was known back then

Watching the speakers this morning, I heard an incredible statement which I'm sure some of you may question:
4:40 mark or so, Marci Hamilton stated that she testified in Scotland, "who has some of the most progressive laws in this field".

Ummm, what??
The word 'progressive' has been hijacked, it does not mean improvement or progress.
Today 'Progressive' means change, anti-conservative, liberal.
In the context above it means laissez-faire which we see in the half-arsed approach to pederasty and the utterly shameful sentences given to the child rapists.

Just for a bit of context and a reality check for everyone on this thread, I have just had the most harrowing 36 hours with my partner of 24 years. Over the years she has divulged certain things that have went on in her family since the 80'S. Our authorities have been contacted about the matters previously but it seems that it's not high on the agenda for investigation.
After the last few hours of venting she has shared things with me that left me questioning the humanity of the religion that is absolved of all sin with a simple penance. My partner has went to her bed after demanding that no retribution will be met despite sharing names dates times etc. as to do so will "wreck the family"

My point is the whole family must be told who when and where these crimes occurred to move forward, i have been sworn to secrecy as all the major players are elderly and no one else in the family wont want to go through the "upheaval" of being interviewed again.

Many of the people on this thread will know I have been quiet of late regarding the major focus of everyone's attention on this subject, I have needed to direct all my energy and care on someone who I sleep beside who has been trying to hold her family together despite the constant denial that anything untoward has went on. However, it should be a timely reminder that this is going on under everyone's watch regardless of what you may think this is not confined to football clubs.

At the time of typing I am still trying to get my head around what was shared and unsure if the authorities will ever get around to fully investigating the incidents. The fall out now makes some sense as to certain peoples personalities and mannerisms, but the devastation I am now witnessing to an extended family is beyond comprehension.

I share this in the hope that everyone will keep in mind the extent that abuse affects families more than the initial crimes committed in the past, it has taken over 20 years for my partner to divulge to me everything that she wouldn't to psychologists and therapists.

There is no right or wrong way to share, it's just when the time is right, I'm glad it was tonight but i would wait another 20 years plus if i had to.

A very sombre, but informative post. Thank you for sharing something that is so personal.

Ummm, what??
I had to watch all 8 speakers. I had to hear the case for and against the cult. I cannot believe the level of indoctrination and brainwashing that occurs. It's as if the victims of this organisation take second place. Those poor children

A very sombre, but informative post. Thank you for sharing something that is so personal.
Thank you for the acknowledgement SAB , I thought long and hard before posting as it has been a long and tiring situation. No one's experience will be the same as the next person, however, I firmly believe that everyone who has been affected in any way should primarily contact the relevant authorities.

I have made it clear without any doubt in my situation that if the authorities can't or won't proceed in a timely fashion that natural justice may well strike before them.

Last edited:

My thoughts are with you both. Stay strong and I hope she finds peace in herself.

Thank you for the acknowledgement SAB , I thought long and hard before posting as it has been a long and tiring situation. No one's experience will be the same as the next person, however, I firmly believe that everyone who has been affected in any way should primarily contact the relevant authorities.

I have made it clear without any doubt in my situation that if the authorities can't or won't proceed in a timely fashion that natural justice may well strike before them.

Respect mate ;)

Many years ago I went out with a girl who was raped by her uncle. Her younger brother was also abused. She survived. He didn't. It was hideous listening to her stories. Meanwhile the rest of her family acted like nothing happened. And that true story is probably from 25 years ago. I know she is now doing as well as she can in life. Married. Kids. But those memories will never go away. Ever.

This is why their going down “it’s a Scottish football problem “and every team should put into a fund.
I’m sure the SFA inquiry will be pushing for this

This is obviously the narrative they will put out there and have already done so. Will we remain silent as we have up till now? Will the other clubs who have been happy to toe the line so far also accept being dragged into it?

Keep at them ladies and gents...

IYBOUc7.jpg

Respect to you for finding the courage to post that.
Hopefully your partner will get justice and closure.

Humbug, you have my utmost respect in having the courage to share you and your partners story on here, best wishes.

COVID-19 has postponed Qualified One-way Cost Shifting to year end, effectively recessed the courts & delayed justice for the victims of decades-long child abuse.

Meantime with no remorse, shame or apology Celtc publicise missing kids? Why not compensate the living victims of their own affiliates! The height of hypocrisy.

Brant - Can you explain how this QOCS will work in simple terms for laymen like me please ?

Brant - Can you explain how this QOCS will work in simple terms for laymen like me please ?
No worries, Grigo. Unsuccessful claimants traditionally face financial sanction, ie paying their own costs plus those of the successful defender. That deters access to justice.
QOCS will vitiate paying defenders costs, except where fraud is proved. These claims aren't fraudulent. Paddy McGuire reportedly has quite a number of claimants signed up.

Back