Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

"... the boy's parents were quite happy to leave the matter in Celtic's hands, provided Frank Cairney resigned from the boys' club on returning."

I find this reaction perplexing - and it's throughout this scandal with parents failing to take care of their own children and have concern over other kids.

At what point does all this evidence reach a stage where this organisation face corporate charges ?

Individual perpetrators are being rounded up and face some sort of justice

but what of the 'club like no other ' when can we expect charges to be raised ?

@willbear It was on channel 4 he mentioned that however, this was hastily sent out on his behalf.

which led to this from Alex Thomson

"Humbug; Ah your a fecking diamond mate, thought I had gained telekinetic power
OR wiz going senile, 65 next sunday. So from what Henry says, wit is the point of
gathering all the info/data/evidence, but you dont name a bad one, then how are
the children/adults suppose too know the guilty parties/teams have turned a new
leaf, too become strict by the book, modern sport outfit. So one can hope, after all
the time spent on it that, the SFA have/will produce a strictly enforced Code of Practice, even adopting another F.A.'s document if required.
Personally I think the idea of a Review was going to be a fudge job, be drawn out
as it is, playing the long game, forming commitee+sub-commitee,and eventually
bringing out something in a couple of years, then having another couple of years
to produce, a big brick wall of inpenatrative bumph, that will have taken so long
that most will have forgotten what the sailent point was.

Though this time the chasing pack of variable hounds are well on the scent,
they are coming together from several fields, though this time the packs know
where to go, as they are getting smarter know, as their are not many paths left
that we have not been down, during the many years & it ALL LEADS TO ONE DEN.

Suppose I will go back to read the other 50 odd pages of the review; maybe it is
me or all the things we have known about all this century alone, when perusing
it I am inlaying a certain name as it describes what has occured.

Well I will not need to worry about serving on any jury, ever required for any of
the cases that will follow, would need to plead unsuitable through foreknowledge
of materials.

At what point does all this evidence reach a stage where this organisation face corporate charges ?

Individual perpetrators are being rounded up and face some sort of justice

but what of the 'club like no other ' when can we expect charges to be raised ?

Those who covered up and continue to cover up, the ‘enablers’ should be facing criminal charges for ‘aiding and abetting’ and ‘perverting the course of justice’.

This should extend to many outside than rancid club.

Those who covered up and continue to cover up, the ‘enablers’ should be facing criminal charges for ‘aiding and abetting’ and ‘perverting the course of justice’.

This should extend to many outside than rancid club.
Yes

but it’s the organisation it’s self that must face their day of reckoning
Corporate criminality

if you knew you put employees in danger then charges must be faced
Whether a director then or not

I share all the Twitter links to my friends and family. They in turn send them to their friends, therefore spreading the message wider. I'd urge all Bears on here to do likewise.
Same here mate. Trying to get it out there to as many as possible. Got a lot of relatives in England and Northern Ireland who have been alerted to the shameful goings on at that club at various levels.

So this Bob Crilly , who has had a go at Adrian Goldberg and Spotlight on Twitter , is actually one of the officials contacted by Jim McNally in 1991 and told about the abuse in New Jersey ?

BobCrilly

@BobCrilly2

Replying to
@GoldbergRadio

@LaurenceLennard
and 2 others
I am available I played for Celtic BC for 6 yrs Toured the world with them and became manager for 5 yrs Surely you would be interested in hearing my view?
5:44 PM · Jul 5, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Oh I think quite a few people would be interested in hearing his view . Under oath of course .

If Speirs and other so-called neutrals (let's call them enablers, appeasers, deniers) had done their fucking jobs and reported on this shameful episode then there would have been no need for rival fans to bring it up.
this in spades, for the best part of 45 years, this has been allowed to continue ,with heads looking the other way,and now people want to highlight this,it somehow becomes point scoring,and finding glee,the depravity in these animals minds is off the scale,each and every one of them are still failing the victims ,truly shameful,but not surprising,to the lurkers on here,this has never been about football fans ,its all about young children's adolescence bein taken from them in the most vile and cruel manner,nothing more, nothing less

Spiers throwing his tuppence worth into the cover-up of Scotland's biggest child sex abuse ring at Celtic and their boys club, sadly though only to take a pop at Rangers fans.
What a tragic individual this creature is, himself a dad as well. A fucking disgrace of a man who incredibly finds employment in this country as a journalist FFS! :eek:

If Speirs and other so-called neutrals (let's call them enablers, appeasers, deniers) had done their fucking jobs and reported on this shameful episode then there would have been no need for rival fans to bring it up.

Agreed. He is missing the point completely, and probably deliberately so to deflect from the real crime and his shameful negligence in failing to report on it.

He is trying to make this out as a Rangers v Celtic sectarian hatred thing when in fact, if these sort of shameful crimes and subsequent cover up act happened anywhere else in the world there would be the very exact same reaction from the fans of the vile club's most ardent opponents.

It is a huge shame on Scotland and its mainstream media when those fighting hardest for justice for the Celtic boys is coming from people he would describe as 'bigots'.

So this Bob Crilly , who has had a go at Adrian Goldberg and Spotlight on Twitter , is actually one of the officials contacted by Jim McNally in 1991 and told about the abuse in New Jersey ?

BobCrilly
@BobCrilly2

Replying to
@GoldbergRadio

@LaurenceLennard
and 2 others
I am available I played for Celtic BC for 6 yrs Toured the world with them and became manager for 5 yrs Surely you would be interested in hearing my view?

Oh I think quite a few people would be interested in hearing his view . Under oath of course .
He managed the Vale of Clyde juniors,

BobCrilly
@BobCrilly2

Replying to
@GoldbergRadio

@LaurenceLennard
and 2 others

This will be Bob Crilly junior that played with CBC , his father worked with the Trophy Centre

The worrying thing is that if we didn’t decide to take this on then none of this would have been known. They have nothing up their sleeves is my opinion. They will fight till the end on the separate entity. Denying all the boys that pulled the colours on justice that they deserve.
A disgusting club like no other. I don’t think I need to say anything about their support. It’s all over social media what they think. They will defend a ring operating at their club before the abuse victims.
Along with Celtic and their friends in high places. We’re taking you on and going nowhere. This hasn’t even started yet.
And a fantastic job you all have done. I am sure in time you will all be thanked profusely by the victims. And take your place among the true legends of our club. That is how big this cover up has been.

Outstanding work.

Thank you all.

This will be Bob Crilly junior that played with CBC , his father worked with the Trophy Centre
No surprise that Crilly junior wants to say nothing happened as it probably didn't given that his father would have been around at the time .
The same scenario as Pat Nevin.
The paedos in the boys club would have targeted the boys who were on their own , no father figure , needing a lift home etc.
That was exactly the modus operandi of Hugh Stevenson at Eastercraigs .

Last edited:
I see there is a thread of someone putting up a Celtic flag at Glasgow City Chambers. That b4stard Kelly has his portrait hanging up there. Mosson also. Sickening.
Spiers throwing his tuppence worth into the cover-up of Scotland's biggest child sex abuse ring at Celtic and their boys club, sadly though only to take a pop at Rangers fans.
What a tragic individual this creature is, himself a dad as well. A fucking disgrace of a man who incredibly finds employment in this country as a journalist FFS! :eek:

This.

He’s an utter disgrace mate.

Graham Spiers is a paedophile apologist, his track record (see his comments re Rix and that Hearts defender) show this. The idea of our support taking a moral lesson from this pitiful excuse for a journalist is laughable. Where was his outrage at the glee Celtic fans took over our plight? Non existant, indeed he was a front line cheerleader. A ghastly, ghastly man.
You have read my mind here. Brilliant post. A little vile man who always has a lot of shite to write about the Rangers. Never a bad word about separate entity. I hope he reads this. I have this message for you. You are a little reptile. We are not interested in what you have to say

Proving that the RC church and Celtic are intertwined in this will put both the SFA and ScotGov in an extremely awkward position considering both groups forced an exclusion from the abuse enquiry - the question is why was the exclusion even considered in the first place.

Abuse is abuse

The amount of work that is going into uncovering what happened at that sick club is staggering and I can’t begin to imagine how hard it can be but is it possible with the amount of digging that is being done that evidence may be found of the SG knowingly excluding sports institutions (the mhanks) and the RC church because of what has went on in the past?

There is no way that they can’t have known what was going on so deliberately sidestepped investigating them in this.

Edit* just read the last few pages of the thread. Blinding work BN94 and everyone else.

Last edited:
Speirs should be ashamed of himself, if it was all hearsay then I could give him the benefit of doubt but there have been cases that have went through court and the abusers have not only been found guilty but one admitted and apologised for abusing children and he has a pop at Rangers fans for wanting the whole episode independently looked into Just Incase there are others that the police have missed.

For a man of god he doesn’t half have strange morals

Speirs should be ashamed of himself, if it was all hearsay then I could give him the benefit of doubt but there have been cases that have went through court and the abusers have not only been found guilty but one admitted and apologised for abusing children and he has a pop at Rangers fans for wanting the whole episode independently looked into Just Incase there are others that the police have missed.

For a man of god he doesn’t half have strange morals

Well said TT.

This is very simple.

If Rangers had a drug dealer (for the sake of argument, let's just leave out the words "ring" or "systematic" or "persistent" or "for decades") or any criminal operating under its name in any way, it would CALL THE F*CKING POLICE !!
And to think a 999 call would have been free from a landline or a public phone they would not have had to even raid the biscuit tin.

Crilly Jnr is/was always a creepy bastard I knew him and his dad many years ago when he was involved with Celtic boys club. Don't think a day went past when he didn't appear in his celtic tie, shirt and blazer he fvcking knows alrite as does his dad. If I were him I would keep off Twitter as he just keeps digging a hole he might not get out of.
We've got these cowards on the run now could we now be very close to one of them spilling the beans I think we are
When the Daily Record are first for a story then you know your in trouble

The decision to exclude sporting and religious groups from any Scottish government inquiry into CSA is very suspicious and would seem to protect quite a specific demographic. It would be worth investigating firstly who was involved in making that suggestion and decision, and secondly, on what basis was it arrived at.

Its been a while since I used twitter but was there not a Rangers supporter that used to have a twitter like that? I notice the username has a 2 in it. They are now going out their way to make profiles up which look like prominent twitter using Rangers supporters. The more they do these things, the more I realise how worried they are getting.
Yes there was. I haven’t used twitter much for a fair few years now but that CM account with the despicable me avatar was one I interacted with a lot when I jacked it.

Agreed. He is missing the point completely, and probably deliberately so to deflect from the real crime and his shameful negligence in failing to report on it.

He is trying to make this out as a Rangers v Celtic sectarian hatred thing when in fact, if these sort of shameful crimes and subsequent cover up act happened anywhere else in the world there would be the very exact same reaction from the fans of the vile club's most ardent opponents.

It is a huge shame on Scotland and its mainstream media when those fighting hardest for justice for the Celtic boys is coming from people he would describe as 'bigots'.
In spite of the accusations of Neely and Dunn and alleged links to Rangers, I have never met a filth fan who wants a full independent inquiry into child sex abuse in Scottish football.
Equally, I know of no Rangers fan, even with these accusations who wouldn't want said inquiry.

It's fùck all to do with football rivalry, religion or politics and everything to do with justice for a group of youngsters who were victimised because they dreamt of playing a game.

Spiers of course knows this full well, but when you're the kind of person who has a history of siding with paedophiles, it's easy to just carry on the path you've chosen.

Last edited:
Back