Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I've only skimmed this thread looking for an answer.

Why do Police Scotland not elbow the SFA out the road and take this up instead of waiting for a review?

Apologies if it's been answered.

All the best to the survivors.

Keep your investigations going people, tremendous work on behalf of the survivors.

Probably because the Police have been part of the cover up at one point in time and they are reluctant to open that can of worms.

Agree BBL.

Obviously guilty as fook about ignoring this as a so called intellectual with an opportunity to write about it, so wants it to go away ASAP.

Why doesn't he ask the survivors what they feel about Rangers fans raising awareness of the crimes committed against them? Perhaps they might have a better understanding of their own feelings.

I think he might get a shock at the response.

Having mentioned it in the thread earlier, I’ve started having a look at some annual accounts/reports which are filed on companies house for Celtic Plc.

I found an Annual Report for June 2000 which is around 36 pages in length. it contains a ‘Chief Executives Review’ and subsequently a section on ‘Youth Development’ and in this section it talks about ‘a comprehensive structure for the professional development of young players from 8-18 years of age has been put in place’.

Is this structure talking about CBC or did Septic start a new youth team? This would seem to be fairly clear evidence that they saw the boys club as being part of the overall organisation.

Edit: This information is all available to the public and can be found on companies house website if you do the digging.

Id love to cut and past the section but I’ve no idea how to do it.

Probably because the Police have been part of the cover up at one point in time and they are reluctant to open that can of worms.
I appreciate that bud, but this is a criminal matter. Not for the SFA to "we've done a review and everything is fine".

It's out in the open by the sterling work behind the scenes. I just can't get my head around the Scottish Government not saying "move aside, we're taking over". Celtic doing their own investigation, who instructs the plod?.

Do they wait for info landing on their laps before investigation?

As I said, the answer is perhaps in this thread somewhere.

Two have and we'll see if there's a third (choose my words carefully there).
The odds of two must be astronomical. All three?

Wonder what the chances are of each of them not knowing what the other(s) was up to?
I can't be the only one reading the wording of this and thinking it's more than a little odd.

Truth is, I wrote a very long detailed message about this but I've decided not to post it. This thread isn't a place for conspiracy theories even though I trust my perception and my conclusions were entirely feasible. For now, though, all I'll say is I'll be reading all messages from the celtic view about CBC more closely from now on and perhaps not always at face value.

I appreciate that bud, but this is a criminal matter. Not for the SFA to "we've done a review and everything is fine".

It's out in the open by the sterling work behind the scenes. I just can't get my head around the Scottish Government not saying "move aside, we're taking over". Celtic doing their own investigation, who instructs the plod?.

Do they wait for info landing on their laps before investigation?

As I said, the answer is perhaps in this thread somewhere.
i think ,they are rather hoping that info ,does not land on their laps ,truly incredible that a supposedly modern ,democratic forward thinking government, can sit there with their fingers in their ears

Annual Report for 2002.

Chief Executives Statement

‘We also have Celtic Youth teams at U12, U13, U14 and U15, selected throughout the country with a view to developing their skill’

‘A number of new appointments were made during the year to improve management within this area’

‘Youth Development Infrastructure is a sizeable year investment for the club and a significant contribution to its cost emanates from Celtic Development Pools donations’.

The last quote would seem to suggest the money given to the Youths would have come directly from the pools contributions, but money still coming from the club.

The courts can be a very unforgiving place. Sadly I think they are brazen enough to go down this route. Without something 'legally binding' like a p45 or something they may well get away with this yet on a technicality. Incredible when you look at whe evidence.
Follow the money.
How did the boys club fund itself and all the Glitzy overseas trips?
Race nights? Fitbaw tickets? Bag packing at Tesco?
I think we know where the money came from.

Is it a “separate entity “as well? You just wouldn’t put that past them.
The annual report does say a significant contribution, not all of it was coming from the pools. However, it still reads clear that the club were helping fund the youths and that it was a cost to the company.

Before they became a plc there isn’t as much information available.

Annual Report for 2002.

‘We also have Celtic Youth teams at U12, U13, U14 and U15, selected throughout the country with a view to developing their skill’

‘A number of new appointments were made during the year to improve management within this area’

‘Youth Development Infrastructure is a sizeable year investment for the club and a significant contribution to its cost emanates from Celtic Development Pools donations’.

The last quote would seem to suggest the money given to the Youths would have come directly from the pools contributions, but money still coming from the club.

This could be the smoking gun

Annual Report for 2002.

ProYouth had started at that point so this report will likely not be related to the boys club. There is no question however, that the boys club were Celtic’s ‘Pro Youth’ team before such a thing existed.

So did the eight year olds play for another team, or did they play for the boys club?

I think they played for their own boys clubs and went to train with them separately. I don’t think they were taken away from their own teams from that age when pro youth started. As I said, Im pretty sure that report will relate to the commencement of Pro Youth rather than the boys club.

The annual report does say a significant contribution, not all of it was coming from the pools. However, it still reads clear that the club were helping fund the youths and that it was a cost to the company.

Before they became a plc there isn’t as much information available.

In the accounts filed in Sept 2001, there is a section relating to youth development.

In the notes (page 29) it points to an expenditure for youth development of £1.2m in 2001 and just over £1m in 2000. Considering the costs for professional football were £21m & £20m for the same period, that is a hell of an investment percentage wise!

That is big money now, let alone 20 years ago. And for a separate entity? I don’t think so.

This may be a stupid question but is there any of their own fans looking into this or demanding answers? If this ring had been at Ibrox I can guarantee there would be an angry mob of our own there ready to kick them out, and rightly so. Ive never heard a single celtic fan seem to care or even admit to this being a "celtic" issue just "ach it was the boys club not us".

Very different what’s he’s saying here. Rangers technically have nothing to do with supporters clubs, who’s to stop fans from creating a supporters club? He’s trying to compare as they are peddling this separate entity lies for the boys club. Poor and feeble attempt from him, which only highlights how weak their position is!

I know exactly what he's saying. Not only is it feeble, it side-steps the fundamental point which they all purposely overlook in their desperation and separate entity bluster to save their skins, which is, if you are aware, you call the police.

The level of denial is off the scale.
Those kids were used for the sick pleasure of parasites.
How any man can seek to try and dilute these crimes by inferring point scoring from rival fans is an insult and betrayal to the victims.
The stench from the custodians of that club is overwhelming matched only by their friends and allies who care only about , please spare me, their good name .
To those who are prepared to ignore and accept the atrocities inflicted on those children ,you are bastards to a man.
May you rot in hell.

Seeing this & the other 2 follow up tweets just shows what you guys & more importantly the victims are up against.

You'd think BBC Shortbread would have learned from their parent company down south & their handling of the Saville debacle. How they can censor Nevin's interview & refuse to even play Gordon Woods' is absolutely disgusting, but sadly unsurprising.

Back