Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Mate, that’s as staggering a link to how all of this has been getting stonewalled as much as possible. Staggering.

not surprising to be fair, but stunning nonetheless.

Just shows you that it really really does go right to the top of politics and media in this country, the almighty cover up that has gone on for decades is now finally, and not before time, being played out in public. Hopefully the keepers of the key to the chamber of secrets will be hung out to dry in public also, and that goes for the very head of government in this country.

a wee bit more meat on the bones of all of this and it will be “yer teas oot” as they say.

I felt sorry for that man Hugh Birt, the type of people he wanted cleansed from his club were allowed to perform the Coup De Grace on him, that was the ultimate humiliation for the C@ltic chairman.

I knew Hugh Birt, when I knew him, it was the late 80s into the mid 90s. His head must have been full of this

Given what we know so far, were the three boys there solely for coaching?

I guess I'm just suspicious of everything connected with that club now.
when someone is accused of a misdeed, they are Judged at that moment to be innocent until proven guilty, that's how we do it,but if you are dealing with Celtic you have to reverse that, and presume them Guilty until proven innocent,the amount of evidence out there for all to see is staggering in its proportions, and i dont include any investigation, or work that is getting done behind the scenes by some brave and hardworking people,or the absence of any police work , and i include the Scottish gov in that , as they are complicit in the cover up, in fact active in it, Any one who does not want a thorough investigation into an institution that has had more paedophiles connected to it than Jimmy saville and the BBC put together is in my opinion an enabler, there are no fences to sit on, only a line in the sand,

when someone is accused of a misdeed, they are Judged at that moment to be innocent until proven guilty, that's how we do it,but if you are dealing with Celtic you have to reverse that, and presume them Guilty until proven innocent,the amount of evidence out there for all to see is staggering in its proportions, and i dont include any investigation, or work that is getting done behind the scenes by some brave and hardworking people,or the absence of any police work , and i include the Scottish gov in that , as they are complicit in the cover up, in fact active in it, Any one who does not want a thorough investigation into an institution that has had more paedophiles connected to it than Jimmy saville and the BBC put together is in my opinion an enabler, there are no fences to sit on, only a line in the sand,
Thing is, we are calling for an investigation into ALL of Scottish football, not just them. The fact that they don't want that is very telling indeed.

I see Gordon Woods has been getting hassle again.

By the way, the guy who’s set this twitter up seems to be, and it’s only my opinion, a genuine crank. Very very confused as to which side he is on, claiming he is a rangers fan and is a survivor of abuse, which if true is a shame, but at the same time is trying to troll others by hitting out with the anti Irish racism patter, all while giving the main survivors, who are publically putting themselves out there, absolute dogs abuse.

this smells of a ronnie style kid on account all made up to try and derail the good work done by genuine people looking for justice.

These people who are so dead against any form of justice for victims of abuse that occurred at that cesspit ground of theirs make me sick.

And there’s quite a few of them!!

By the way, the guy who’s set this twitter up seems to be, and it’s only my opinion, a genuine crank. Very very confused as to which side he is on, claiming he is a Rangers fan and is a survivor of abuse, which if true is a shame, but at the same time is trying to troll others by hitting out with the anti Irish racism patter, all while giving the main survivors, who are publically putting themselves out there, absolute dogs abuse.

this smells of a ronnie style kid on account all made up to try and derail the good work done by genuine people looking for justice.

These people who are so dead against any form of justice for victims of abuse that occurred at that cesspit ground of theirs make me sick.

And there’s quite a few of them!!

I don't know what to make of it. His timeline is very confusing. If this individual is genuine, then he needs help.

I have noticed recently that more more and more fake profiles are popping up, trying to muddy the waters on threads about the scandal. Sadly, I think most people predicted that would happen as the truth makes it out into the public domain.

I did reply to him after he stated that if you go to work ,commit a crime it is in no way your employers fault. I said EXCEPT if said employer was aware it was happening and IGNORED and covered it up. He then said they sacked those responsible. I then said" they were not exactly sacked ,they left because of other responsibilities. I give it to you Boston Airport?? . I couldn't believe when he replied "They got pushed before they got shoved but was arrested ,jailed ,story ended. There was no other abusers that escaped". I replied saying yes you and all your friends wish. We will all wait and see if the story is ended. Needless to say my last tweet did not even show , he must have blocked me . I wonder why he left it at that?

I did reply to him after he stated that if you go to work ,commit a crime it is in no way your employers fault. I said EXCEPT if said employer was aware it was happening and IGNORED and covered it up. He then said they sacked those responsible. I then said" they were not exactly sacked ,they left because of other responsibilities. I give it to you Boston Airport?? . I couldn't believe when he replied "They got pushed before they got shoved but was arrested ,jailed ,story ended. There was no other abusers that escaped". I replied saying yes you and all your friends wish. We will all wait and see if the story is ended. Needless to say my last tweet did not even show , he must have blocked me . I wonder why he left it at that?
And the exact same "work" excuse was used when they got rid of Torbett in 74.

Never tell the same lie twice

I don't know what to make of it. His timeline is very confusing. If this individual is genuine, then he needs help.

I have noticed recently that more more and more fake profiles are popping up, trying to muddy the waters on threads about the scandal. Sadly, I think most people predicted that would happen as the truth makes it out into the public domain.

Twitter accounts related to any of that mob mean nothing. The fantastic team working here for the VICTIMS in this scandal have shown the connections between CFC and CBC. Enough said. Thank you for your work.

If it is littered with inconsistencies, then it is indeed a fake account designed to troll. They tend to veer between their actual true opinion and the perceived opinion of the persona that they have attempted to adopt. It is extremely difficult to remain consistent.

I know this, as I have experienced the same problem when trying to do some digging behind enemy lines.

Wee Nippy Knew

No wonder all the victims have been ignored by Nippy and Useless and the SNP elected officials

Her uncle helped expose Torbett in 1996 yet the bitch ignores the victims 20 plus years later

Time for Murdo Fraser and Adam Tomkins to raise this matter in parliament as let’s face it the SNP have been purposely ignoring the abuse scandal

Obviously not but if they who shan't be named do finally get charged all the sponsors jump ship
Although Addidas followed through with their sponsorship of Ceptic, I would expect they have added clauses to the agreement which allow them to escape in certain circumstances. The people on here will have helped Addidas by making sure they were aware of what's happening at Ceptic.

Just reading all of the spotlight stuff. Brilliant work. I hope all of this is going to Thomsons. Still not sure they won't blink and try and settle out of court
Everything in spotlight is in the correct hands I can assure you. We also know that there are certain parts being used as evidence. They may try and settle out of court, we can’t comment on that, but I think there will be more victims than first thought.

Although Addidas followed through with their sponsorship of Ceptic, I would expect they have added clauses to the agreement which allow them to escape in certain circumstances. The people on here will have helped Addidas by making sure they were aware of what's happening at Ceptic.
Adidas were approached in Europe and also by a spotlight member stateside. Adidas are well aware of what’s gone on. Money means more to them.

Last edited:
Twitter accounts related to any of that mob mean nothing. The fantastic team working here for the VICTIMS in this scandal have shown the connections between CFC and CBC. Enough said. Thank you for your work.

Whether to believe the ramblings of an anonymous social media crackpot with an agenda or cold hard facts - including from their own publications.

It’s a difficult one. Tell you what, let’s let a judge decide.

Wee Nippy Knew

No wonder all the victims have been ignored by Nippy and Useless and the SNP elected officials

Her uncle helped expose Torbett in 1996 yet the bitch ignores the victims 20 plus years later

Time for Murdo Fraser and Adam Tomkins to raise this matter in parliament as let’s face it the SNP have been purposely ignoring the abuse scandal
This is actually quite sensational. Despite all the requests for her to comment on this, only radio silence. Surely some of the opposition MSP's can go to town on this one. It's absolutely scandalous. We're not talking about some embarrassing faux pas from a cabinet member in a night club; it's systematic child rape on an industrial scale and she is keeping schtum!

Adidas were approached in Europe and also by a spotlight member stateside. Adidas are well aware of what’s gone on. Money means more to them.
Money will mean more to them until they get tarred with the same brush as celtic. They will then drop them like a ton of bricks. When that starts to happen watch for all the sponsors taking to running to the hills.

This is actually quite sensational. Despite all the requests for her to comment on this, only radio silence. Surely some of the opposition MSP's can go to town on this one. It's absolutely scandalous. We're not talking about some embarrassing faux pas from a cabinet member in a night club; it's systematic child rape on an industrial scale and she is keeping schtum!
It's not often you have a whole government silenced, the unscrupulous shower in charge at Holyrood are a disgrace. They should be under scrutiny as well as the "mob from the east" that masquerades as a football club. A full independent inquiry is required for this national scandal. Why is this exempt !

In a democracy when do you ever get a politician silenced? Usually you can't get them to shut up, unless the subject is taboo. Maybe there's an agenda or something sinister?
I have said before on here, it would be very interesting to find out firstly who in the Scottish Govt had the idea to exclude sporting and religious groups from Government lead CSA inquiries. Secondly who were in involved on making that decision. Thirdly on what basis was the decision made.

I have said before on here, it would be very interesting to find out firstly who in the Scottish Govt had the idea to exclude sporting and religious groups from Government lead CSA inquiries. Secondly who were in involved on making that decision. Thirdly on what basis was the decision made.

i personally think it goes beyond political parties, i think thats why there has been such silence.

i think there are people in very high places that have stopped this coming out over the years i think even longer than the SNP have been in power because this isnt a new thing, how long have we all heard these things for ? i can remember hearing it as a boy

i personally think it goes beyond political parties, i think thats why there has been such silence.

i think there are people in very high places that have stopped this coming out over the years i think even longer than the SNP have been in power because this isnt a new thing, how long have we all heard these things for ? i can remember hearing it as a boy
It more chance that the SNP are quiet is a simple one, to save they’re jobs as they need the votes to stay employed, it’s a short term fix for them and when case after case goes through court they will give it the “we couldn’t say anything about the issue due to it may have gone legal “

Their judgment day is getting closer every day

It more chance that the SNP are quiet is a simple one, to save they’re jobs as they need the votes to stay employed, it’s a short term fix for them and when case after case goes through court they will give it the “we couldn’t say anything about the issue due to it may have gone legal “

im certain thats why theyve stayed silent but what i am saying is lets not forget about the others who have remained silent in scotland and the UK in politics and in SFA etc, i want them all exposed.

Exactly.

What about the SFA Review ? What about the court cases ?

Very very convenient for them, and yet another 'COVID' delay on the SFA Review :mad: ,
albeit with the parties involved a total whitewash is expected.

Might be worth sticking in an FOI, specifically asking the names of the individuals involved in deciding that sporting and religious groups were excluded from the review. Not that I think they would give the names, so would likely need to go through the appeal process.

I’m not sure who had the idea or even who was involved in making the decision but I’m fairly sure that about 20,000 posts or so ago (guessing) someone stated the reason it was excluded was because:
A - It would take too long & cost too much if they were included in the overall report. Based on what’s being said on here that is probably true.
B - The SFA were to conduct/were conducting their own investigation (no laughing) which would cover football. No mention of other sporting organisations though
C - Religious groups were already being investigated but again this was only a select few and didn’t cover all religions.
I can’t guarantee it but I’m sure in my mind that these “reasons” (excuses) came from the SNP when they were asked.
It’s times like this you wish FF had a search function.

It was a sop to the papists to keep them in the yesser camp.

Back