Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I have said before on here, it would be very interesting to find out firstly who in the Scottish Govt had the idea to exclude sporting and religious groups from Government lead CSA inquiries. Secondly who were in involved on making that decision. Thirdly on what basis was the decision made.
This has to be THE hugely important question in my books!

This is actually quite sensational. Despite all the requests for her to comment on this, only radio silence. Surely some of the opposition MSP's can go to town on this one. It's absolutely scandalous. We're not talking about some embarrassing faux pas from a cabinet member in a night club; it's systematic child rape on an industrial scale and she is keeping schtum!
This isnt just an open goal, the ball is sitting halfway on the goal line, just waiting for someone like tom forsyth to magnificently blast into the back of the net, (Scottish cup final toe,poke),

What is “ they are all men” about, and surely any complainant identities shouldn’t be disclosed.

He is just an absolute massive idiot. It’s actually astounding how stupid he is and he is the Justice Minister. He is blatantly either lying or is admitting to getting access to information illegally. The fact that pond life is in the position he is, is actually scandalous.

Hahaha. You just keep talking. You’re in for a nice surprise. Of course as usual we expect you to deny and deflect. Remember this. You chose this path, not us. We gave you the opportunity on numerous occasions. Oh and yes, you definitely know the meaning of silence. Tic toc.

Can't wait for this chancer to get his comeuppance.

Last edited:
What does big John Beattie have to say about this ?

Now rememberJohn, Celtic are the goodies.

How do you think Celtic are behaving now ? How do you think the BBC are behaving ?

Do you think they're covering up something, and are you prepared to be a part of that ?

Or will you speak up ?
The decision came from BBC bosses to pull it. It wasn’t Beattie’s decision.

Just joining this topic. I’ve been aware of everything that’s going on and have personally contacted the SG asking for action from ministers and been blanked.

With the evidence yesterday is anyone compiling a dossier for the police, for Jackson Carlaw, for Richard Leonard etc to challenge and raise this at at a higher level?

Are no journalists willing to run with it?

Are no media outlets here or down south not willing to raise the profile of this historical abuse?

Just joining this topic. I’ve been aware of everything that’s going on and have personally contacted the SG asking for action from ministers and been blanked.

With the evidence yesterday is anyone compiling a dossier for the police, for Jackson Carlaw, for Richard Leonard etc to challenge and raise this at at a higher level?

Are no journalists willing to run with it?

Are no media outlets here or down south not willing to raise the profile of this historical abuse?

Yes, yes, yes & yes mate. See the previous 27,000 posts for detail ;)

The decision came from BBC bosses to pull it. It wasn’t Beattie’s decision.

Yes, I know it probably wasn't Beattie's decision. But he's on the front line here. An interview conducted by him has been doctored.

I've seen big John making sarcastic comments about Rangers. He seems to have joined the BBC's Rangers hating outfit.

I was just wondering how he was feeling about his interview being "edited." Just wondered if he felt uncomfortable. I wondered if he felt a degree of shielding of Celtic.

Just wondered when the penny will finally drop.

Last edited:
I have been reading.
Just frustrating that so much evidence but nobody will touch it.
Believe me we share you’re frustration. We’ve worked on this everyday for probably over 2 years now. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We have a devolved government who do not want any of this to come out and continue to hide behind an SFA review.
Within this party they have a lot of Irish Republican sympathisers who have proved that the republican vote comes before anything else. Their sole aim is independence. They will do nothing to upset their core voters. This is what we’re up against.
We also have many media outlets that are scared to go near it. This is the main reason we took it out of Scotland.
Please believe that as we’re talking now there is things happening behind the scenes. Journalists outside Scotland are taking a big interest and are asking all the correct questions. Unlike the shameful Scottish press these journalists won’t back down and we will assist them in anyway we can.
We believe this goes deeper than Celtic. We believe there are/was people in high places let’s say that will do anything to protect Celtic. Our job is to break that down and we’ve done alright so far.
It’s a long gradual process I agree, but everything has to be checked and verified. In the next couple of months there will be more movement reference new charges and more stories coming out.
This was a very well organised ring which includes members of the Catholic Church also, for example Father Michael Spencer who was uncovered recently. We also know there are others on that list that were involved with the Catholic Church that were around cbc.
I can also say there are others on the list that we are currently investigating, and certain members of the press are also currently investigating. We have also seen Alex Thomson taking a close interest and I don’t think he is finished.
Recently we also seen interest coming from Adrian Goldberg. I can also tell you he’s not the only one and that other journalists are taking note of spotlight.
It’s just unfortunate that we have an under qualified government running this country that only care about one section of their community let’s say. Our job is to continue to break this down and we will but it will take time.

Yes, I know it probably wasn't Beattie's decision. But he's on the front line here. An interview conducted by him has been doctored.

I've seen big John making sarcastic comments about Rangers. He seems to have joined the BBC's Rangers hating outfit.

I was just wondering how he was feeling about his interview being "edited." Just wondered if he felt uncomfortable. I wondered if he felt as a degree of shielding of Celtic.

I have never spoke to Beattie, but from what I’ve heard he wasn’t happy it was pulled, but like I said spotlight has had no communication with him. Or the Daily Record for that matter who recently printed some spotlight findings.

I’m not sure who had the idea or even who was involved in making the decision but I’m fairly sure that about 20,000 posts or so ago (guessing) someone stated the reason it was excluded was because:
A - It would take too long & cost too much if they were included in the overall report. Based on what’s being said on here that is probably true.
B - The SFA were to conduct/were conducting their own investigation (no laughing) which would cover football. No mention of other sporting organisations though
C - Religious groups were already being investigated but again this was only a select few and didn’t cover all religions.
I can’t guarantee it but I’m sure in my mind that these “reasons” (excuses) came from the SNP when they were asked.
It’s times like this you wish FF had a search function.

Its clearly something the Scottish Gov have no intention of facing up to, hence why Swinney told the SFA to do their own report. Independence at all cost is the moto of this shower of scumbags. "It would take too long" is a spineless excuse, its all about securing votes.

Last edited:
Believe me we share you’re frustration. We’ve worked on this everyday for probably over 2 years now. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We have a devolved government who do not want any of this to come out and continue to hide behind an SFA review.
Within this party they have a lot of Irish Republican sympathisers who have proved that the republican vote comes before anything else. Their sole aim is independence. They will do nothing to upset their core voters. This is what we’re up against.
We also have many media outlets that are scared to go near it. This is the main reason we took it out of Scotland.
Please believe that as we’re talking now there is things happening behind the scenes. Journalists outside Scotland are taking a big interest and are asking all the correct questions. Unlike the shameful Scottish press these journalists won’t back down and we will assist them in anyway we can.
We believe this goes deeper than Celtic. We believe there are/was people in high places let’s say that will do anything to protect Celtic. Our job is to break that down and we’ve done alright so far.
It’s a long gradual process I agree, but everything has to be checked and verified. In the next couple of months there will be more movement reference new charges and more stories coming out.
This was a very well organised ring which includes members of the Catholic Church also, for example Father Michael Spencer who was uncovered recently. We also know there are others on that list that were involved with the Catholic Church that were around cbc.
I can also say there are others on the list that we are currently investigating, and certain members of the press are also currently investigating. We have also seen Alex Thomson taking a close interest and I don’t think he is finished.
Recently we also seen interest coming from Adrian Goldberg. I can also tell you he’s not the only one and that other journalists are taking note of spotlight.
It’s just unfortunate that we have an under qualified government running this country that only care about one section of their community let’s say. Our job is to continue to break this down and we will but it will take time.
Some outstanding work being down to unravel the sordid past.

It runs much deeper and I would also ask why organisations like Children 1st, sportscotland, NSPCC etc have not raised their heads.

Seems child abuse is condoned in football but not in society. All for one club and one government.

I was just wondering how he was feeling about his interview being "edited." Just wondered if he felt uncomfortable. I wondered if he felt a degree of shielding of Celtic.

Big John is a Rangers hating phud.

Brilliant post!

Can't say I'd disagree with any of that. Tick tock timmy.

Its clearly something the Scottish Gov have no intention of facing up to, hence why Swinney told the SFA to do their own report. Independence at all cost is the moto of this shower of scumbags. "It would take too long" is a spineless excuse, its all about securing votes.
Cheers for looking for the stories, I knew it existed somewhere.
I still can’t see why there couldn’t be more than 1 enquiry though, all running in parallel with each other. Yes it would have cost a lot of money but what price do you put on justice?
I see the enquiry they did run was expected to last 4 years. It’s time must be up soon surely and they can just keep the teams in place and roll them into the next investigation. Nobody has ever put a timescale on when the enquiries would begin, they just want a commitment to starting one.

For those who have not already seen this, have a look at the contemptuous dismissive manner in which the Scottish Government deals with Freedom of Information requests in connection with the topic that they have no desire to discuss, let alone action.

Many genuine people have spend considerable time drafting serious enquiries about an extremely important topic. There are possibly victims amongst these information requests.

You do not have to read the whole content, just have a quick scroll through and you will soon realise that they are using standard replies and cut & paste jobs as their replies.

It truly is a national disgrace.

For those who have not already seen this, have a look at the contemptuous dismissive manner in which the Scottish Government deals with Freedom of Information requests in connection with the topic that they have no desire to discuss, let alone action.

Many genuine people have spend considerable time drafting serious enquiries about an extremely important topic. There are possibly victims amongst these information requests.

You do not have to read the whole content, just have a quick scroll through and you will soon realise that they are using standard replies and cut & paste jobs as their replies.

Scandalous , Absolutely Scandalous .

Hopefully the role these people have played in this horrific cover up will be highlighted and dealt with as a by-product of justice for the victims.

Truly disgusting.

Back