Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

This must have been a different one ,there was one on in June last year ,it was held back for a number of months due to live court cases ,I do recall one being on possibly 3 years ago ,

The more recent one was the one where Daly has claims of seperate entity being a myth ,in one scene he was in the Mitchell Library and showed an excerpt from a copy of the Celtic view

Yes, that’s the one I was referring to JJ.

I've said it before and I'll say it again;

Lawell and Lennon are desperate for their mythical '10'.
If they win the league this season, they will both be gone 'on a high' and will leave the mess they can see on the horizon to someone else.

I'm almost certain that if they weren't currently successful on the pitch they would maybe have attempted to confront the situation a year or two ago when the news was coming out about clubs down south, and tried to minimise the damage to the public perception of the club.
They would have joined Man City etc in taking their medicine, and accepted that the club was at fault, but they are so desperate to get one over us with '10' that they have dug themselves deeper into a shit filled hole, where in their minds football bragging rights are more important than the lives of the people who suffered under the care of that stinking club.
This is absolutely bang on the money. They are playing this out till the end of this season whether they win the league or not.

This must have been a different one ,there was one on in June last year ,it was held back for a number of months due to live court cases ,I do recall one being on possibly 3 years ago ,

The more recent one was the one where Daly has claims of seperate entity being a myth ,in one scene he was in the Mitchell Library and showed an excerpt from a copy of the Celtic view

Aye, April 10th 2017. It was titled: Football Abuse: The Ugly Side of the Beautiful Game. For those who missed that programme, and there would have be many, here it is...
(Mark Daly with the Celtic Views fast forward to 30:20)

You would love to think so but it’s all in the way it’s reported as it can be slipped in as an after thought then they put a story up about a nurse getting he car damaged in a car rage and any feelings for the two seconds mention of child abuse is quickly forgotten as the public are outraged at the nurse being attacked.
They then say when accused of not reporting abuse wrong and give a time and date when they did.
Being on national tv has opened people's eyes to the abuse ( non sexual ) suffered by the young gymnasts . You can see the outcry , and quite rightly so .
But , by %^*& , this will blow people away . Bring it on .

I had quite a lot of correspondence with Carlaw. His first reply to me was from his assistant. After I replied to him stating that I will not speak to any representative of his and would speak to him and him only then I will give him his due as he replied within 48 hours.
I must say that his heart was in the right place but to me it’s another one that didn’t have the balls to take it further. I ended my correspondence with him as it was going nowhere.
AWW. FFS you presnted him with an open goal and he didn't just miss, he feinted. He should be ragdolling then (Useless in particular) but steps aside.
My heart goes out to you... hopefully the next is a Jack Russell!

You can talk to me all day and try and explain it, BN94, but how on earth is nobody wanting to take this up? If they want to destroy the SNP in Scotland, here is the chance, unless this involves all parties, police Scotland and the Schum
Exactly Punk. I wrote to Carlaw, Leonard and Willie Rennie. Pointing out this was their best chance of taking down the SNP. Rennie was the only one with manners to reply, he sent my concerns about CSA at CBC to wee Nippy. Nothing, Nada, Zilch, no reaction from Sturgeon apart from waiting on SFA report, no on going communication from Mr. Rennie. Mystifying.

For those of you who missed it when first broadcast, here is a shortened version of Peter Smith’s ITN segment on CBC. Barry Bennell is also mentioned.

If Police Scotland were doing their job properly they would request permission to interview Bennell to check if there is any connection with the abuse at Celtic. There is a clear link with McCafferty and it would be utter negligence if they don’t follow it up.

You would love to think so but it’s all in the way it’s reported as it can be slipped in as an after thought then they put a story up about a nurse getting he car damaged in a car rage and any feelings for the two seconds mention of child abuse is quickly forgotten as the public are outraged at the nurse being attacked.
They then say when accused of not reporting abuse wrong and give a time and date when they did.
I know exactly what you are saying , and I don't disagree with you . But ....
I just think ( hope to f-ck ) that this time it will be presented in a way that CANNOT be ignored .
With Adrian being involved , and ALL the Excellent work that has been done - and all the facts / secrets that have been uncovered by the team , that this SCANDAL MUST come to be in the public domain .
Call me naive / dreamer / stupid , but I genuinely don't think that this will not just " Go Away " this time .
As I've mentioned before , look at the outrage / uproar concerning the young gymnasts ..... This is a Worldwide scandal .
God forbid that the Excellent / Hard work done by the team will all be for nothing , and that the victims / survivors will be shat on again and receive NO apology / closure / satisfaction / compensation doesn't bear thinking about .
This CANNOT and MUST NOT be allowed to happen - Here's Hoping ....
Justice is the Very least that they Deserve ...

I know exactly what you are saying , and I don't disagree with you . But ....
I just think ( hope to f-ck ) that this time it will be presented in a way that CANNOT be ignored .
With Adrian being involved , and ALL the Excellent work that has been done - and all the facts / secrets that have been uncovered by the team , that this SCANDAL MUST come to be in the public domain .
Call me naive / dreamer / stupid , but I genuinely don't think that this will not just " Go Away " this time .
As I've mentioned before , look at the outrage / uproar concerning the young gymnasts ..... This is a Worldwide scandal .
God forbid that the Excellent / Hard work done by the team will all be for nothing , and that the victims / survivors will be shat on again and receive NO apology / closure / satisfaction / compensation doesn't bear thinking about .
This CANNOT and MUST NOT be allowed to happen - Here's Hoping ....
Justice is the Very least that they Deserve ...
We can only hope the guys all get closure

Like Adrian said, from “various persuasion”
I can say that one MSP has given a written statement. We apologise as we can’t say who this is at this stage.
My fear BN is that all political parties have amalgamated into one politically correct don’t rock the religious boat affiliation, even Keir Starmers Labour Party is terrified to say anything that criticises Jews or Israel for fear of being deemed anti-semetic when Israel are the most racist apartheid type country in the world, who although was set up by jewish asylum seekers from around the world after WW2 refuse to accept asylum seekers.
The only people to truly call out the Roman cults/Celtics penchant for paedophilia is the secular society who unfortunately don’t hold a lot of the cards in this religious brainwashed world.
There is a (made up bullshit) religious agenda in this (and other) countries that puts mumbo jumbo invisible friend sentiments above what is right and wrong.
Whilst this ridiculous point of view prevails the Roman Catholic cover ups will continue and by extension Celtics separate entity defence will be justified by “believers”.

Like Adrian said, from “various persuasion”
I can say that one MSP has given a written statement. We apologise as we can’t say who this is at this stage.
My fear BN is that all political parties have amalgamated into one politically correct don’t rock the religious boat affiliation, even Keir Starmers Labour Party is terrified to say anything that criticises Jews or Israel for fear of being deemed anti-semetic when Israel are the most racist apartheid type country in the world, who although was set up by jewish asylum seekers from around the world after WW2 refuse to accept asylum seekers.
The only people to truly call out the Roman cults/Celtics penchant for paedophilia is the secular society who unfortunately don’t hold a lot of the cards in this religious brainwashed world.
There is a (made up bullshit) religious agenda in this (and other) countries that puts mumbo jumbo invisible friend sentiments above what is right and wrong.
Whilst this ridiculous point of view prevails the Roman Catholic cover ups will continue and by extension Celtics separate entity defence will be justified by “believers”.

Apologies, my drunken fat thumbs have posted twice.

If Police Scotland were doing their job properly they would request permission to interview Bennell to check if there is any connection with the abuse at Celtic. There is a clear link with McCafferty and it would be utter negligence if they don’t follow it up.
Police Scotland and the SFA were shamed into action by their English counterparts. This country has regressed politically, intellectualy and morally. We are heading to the year zero.

If and when this all comes out in the wash I strongly suspect the threat of blackmail and guilt will have played a huge part in how this was suppressed for so long. I would put my house on there being at least a handful of some very prominent figures guilty of the same heinous crimes. This goes far deeper than that nest of vipers in the east end. I'm convinced they have been schooled on how best to deal with this by an organisation with centuries of experience if you catch my drift.
Seems to be , just ignore the cannon fire of accusations at the moment and it will eventually all calm down , just concentrate on 10 in a row and it will eventually all go away hopefully . I guess the time has come to get all this shown World-wide and shame that Club and those who have chose to ignore it along with the present Scottish Government . Time to go Nuclear now guys and get the blowtorches lit and try to mark those necks of hidden secrets until they finally go RED ! :mad:

This talented team are doing fantastic work, work that should have been carried out by others years ago (not that you could trust them, as demonstrated) but they choose not to, to help the victims of these horrible crimes. They do it for no reward other than justice and closure for those that have suffered.

At this point, I’ll make an open offer to any and all members of this team that are lucky enough to find themselves in South Wales. Please look me up and let me know where you are - I’d love to shake your hand, Covid permitting lol. And you won’t be buying beer when you’re in my company, this is on me. You really are The People.
I’ll hold you to that ;)

i think a lot of them don’t want CSA abuse linked with Scotland in any way shape or form. I reckon the Natz fear it will hurt theIr global reputation not to mention their bid for independence.

Sound familiar?
Unfortunately for the SNP it seems that most of the CSA at CBC " before it became St. Pats " :rolleyes: happened mostly in Scotland and i think a lot of CBC victims would be able to confirm that although there are so much more horrific stories coming to light now it seems to have been an open season across the World for Paedophile monsters and about time World Governments sat up and took note of what has been happening to kids everywhere and hand out sentences to match the crimes . Barry Bennel at least got 30 years , in Scotland the sentences have been a joke , Pre 1960s National Servicemen spent more time in the Services than what some of those Child molesters got for a punishment . :mad:

Exactly Punk. I wrote to Carlaw, Leonard and Willie Rennie. Pointing out this was their best chance of taking down the SNP. Rennie was the only one with manners to reply, he sent my concerns about CSA at CBC to wee Nippy. Nothing, Nada, Zilch, no reaction from Sturgeon apart from waiting on SFA report, no on going communication from Mr. Rennie. Mystifying.
This whole mess is so disheartening Bluechip. I usually try and see the good in people, but sometimes its impossible. Some people need to take a long hard look at themselves and phuckin do what's right. Scum everyone of them

That compliment genuinely goes to so many bears.

Personally, I’ve just been proud to be part of a very moral initiative where bears are standing up for what’s right, and with some non bears too across the spectrum.
That's encouraging GY, because to me it did seem like only bears were taking this on.

I'm still astounded that there is a child abuse ring bang to rights and most fans of other clubs are fine to just ignore it.

Let's be honest, you simply cannot be a fan of a club in this country and not be aware of this.

That's encouraging GY, because to me it did seem like only bears were taking this on.

I'm still astounded that there is a child abuse ring bang to rights and most fans of other clubs are fine to just ignore it.

Let's be honest, you simply cannot be a fan of a club in this country and not be aware of this.

Yes, we feed in with others mate, who aren’t bears. We’re all bears on here obviously.

There was a small piece in the record today linking Bennel and a paedo at CFC. Cross border links. All this info has already been posted on here. Bennel has at least admitted his guilt which saves the victims further time being exposed on the stand in Court.
I believe this bastard got 30 years so has nothing to lose.
Meanwhile in Scotland, paedos continue to deny and deflect. I don't know where I'm going with this rant, apart from the sentences handed out.

There was a small piece in the record today linking Bennel and a paedo at CFC. Cross border links. All this info has already been posted on here. Bennel has at least admitted his guilt which saves the victims further time being exposed on the stand in Court.
I believe this bastard got 30 years so has nothing to lose.
Meanwhile in Scotland, paedos continue to deny and deflect. I don't know where I'm going with this rant, apart from the sentences handed out.
Link anyone?

Do you remember at the start of lockdown when Liverpool and Spurs fans effectively stopped their clubs putting staff on forlough? thats what proper fans do, when they see something wrong, they speak out and prevent it and this matter is far less serious than child abuse.

the beasts from the east, are up in arms about every injustice going apart from the ones they have committed on their own. the way they have acted over the years with this has got to be one of the most tragic sides to human nature when a football club and stopping your rivals being successful is more important than helping children who have had their lives ruined.

I shouldnt be surprised but I am.

I think it’s possible the Roman church may be involved in this. We know CSA has been rampant in that organization for decades. They have also enjoyed the protection of local warlords, kings, and politicians, for most of their history. It seems possible that is who is really being protected. Even today many people of all walks of life put their faith and service to their church ahead of worldly affairs.

As we know celtc have enjoyed a very warm relationship with the religion of their founder throughout their history, and It stands to reason that a church would protect its loyal followers. Especially if there was an indiscretion that they themselves could be linked with.

They are undoubtedly involved with this. They will be all over this, which is the only thing which can explain the lack of action and justice from places where you would expect it e.g. a justice minister.

The money the Catholic Church have spent on defending child abusers is in the billions.

In 2018 alone they spent $300 million in the US on CSA cases. They also spent over $10 million on lobbyists to attempt to prevent victims of clerical sex abuse from suing for damages.

The money they get in tax breaks is in the billions. Estimates for PPP aid in 2020 alone range from 1.4 billion to 3.5 billion dollars. Truly phenomemal and scary numbers.

The Catholic Church will be fully aware how it will look to the world that a club formed for the benefit of the Catholic community was set up and ran by paedophiles... and the fact that at least 2 youth teams set up by the same club were also formed and ran by paedophiles.

At the end of the day, if you were abused by a priest or football coach as a child..... then as an adult you were sexually attracted to children and you couldn't contain your urges.... Where would you go to satisfy your desires?

Sadly for many children in Scotland you could join the Catholic Church or Celtic football Club.

They are undoubtedly involved with this. They will be all over this, which is the only thing which can explain the lack of action and justice from places where you would expect it e.g. a justice minister.

The money the Catholic Church have spent on defending child abusers is in the billions.

In 2018 alone they spent $300 million in the US on CSA cases. They also spent over $10 million on lobbyists to attempt to prevent victims of clerical sex abuse from suing for damages.

The money they get in tax breaks is in the billions. Estimates for PPP aid in 2020 alone range from 1.4 billion to 3.5 billion dollars. Truly phenomemal and scary numbers.

The Catholic Church will be fully aware how it will look to the world that a club formed for the benefit of the Catholic community was set up and ran by paedophiles... and the fact that at least 2 youth teams set up by the same club were also formed and ran by paedophiles.

At the end of the day, if you were abused by a priest or football coach as a child..... then as an adult you were sexually attracted to children and you couldn't contain your urges.... Where would you go to satisfy your desires?

Sadly for many children in Scotland you could join the Catholic Church or Celtic football Club.

Opus Dei. Gangsterism with a robe on.

Do you remember at the start of lockdown when Liverpool and Spurs fans effectively stopped their clubs putting staff on forlough? thats what proper fans do, when they see something wrong, they speak out and prevent it and this matter is far less serious than child abuse.

the beasts from the east, are up in arms about every injustice going apart from the ones they have committed on their own. the way they have acted over the years with this has got to be one of the most tragic sides to human nature when a football club and stopping your rivals being successful is more important than helping children who have had their lives ruined.

I shouldnt be surprised but I am.

Watch the film spotlight and you'll see it's in the nature. The organisation must be protected at all costs.

Any bears who are languages savvy when the east end mhob are interested in player X could they send something to them to let them know the sordid history of his prospective employer and why signing for them would be embarrassing and when they play in the CL qualifiers or alternative European arena then contact the opponent's supporters social media and let them know of their opponents and give the travelling scum disbelievers a 'warm' welcome!

According to Gerry McSherry; lifelong Celtic supporter, there were 14 (that's fourteen) Paedophiles working out of Celtic FC. I reckon about less than half that number have received the piddling jail sentences that "Scottish" judges deem adequate for this heinous crime against children.
Now I don't think that Police Scotland started with the worst and worked their way down the list, if this is so then there are bigger child sex predators to be prosecuted yet! If it hadn't been for the PSNI then McCartney could still be at it.Thankfully this degenerate will never be in the position to haunt any other children's lives again. If Gerry McSherry knows of 14 peadophiles at Celtic FC, then McCartney knows a damn sight more.
Police Scotland should be leaning on McCartney, he really has got nothing to lose and a talk with a RC priest who respects the rule of Law in this country and has any sanctity for his religion, coupled with a Rottweiler Detective with the will to unearth the depraved crimes against children endemic at Celtic Park should go a long way to help these victims and families.

Too the lost generations that only wanted to live the dream,and the decent people who fight their corner, may justice prevail. Shame on the parties who knew and did not act, may you rot in hell.
It struck me watching the Daly film how all the pedophilia preceded the demise of our national team. Who knows how many great players we lost to these animals? It could be that Scotland’s current place in the basement of European football is because of these beasts. A lost generation indeed

Back