Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

UEFA seemingly are happy to let the SFA deal with the Celtic situation, even though they are undergoing similar historical problems. Governing bodies refuse to address the situation and continue to stall on any progress. The fact that this has been going on for decades and nobody has an appetite to find solutions. Omitting sporting and religious groups from SCA is baffling. Independent inquiry is surely the way forward ?

It is quite simple. In society across the U.K. there is a will full ignoring of child abuse. People know it goes on and don’t report what they know.

Until society as a whole is prepared to make real change in this area as opposed to a very limited half arsed inquiry nothing will change for the most vulnerable kids in our communities

Totally agree TB and included in the scope of the inquiry would be to question WHY there was government interference.

Exactly.

There must be a reason why politicians of all persuasions over many years have swerved this subject. Raising the topic would surely improve their credibility by actually dealing with a major historic issue and gain them votes on the back of it.

Can only conclude that there must be an underlying reason for the inaction, be it sporting or religious allegiance and influence, protecting friends/acquaintances, peer pressure or, dare I say it, involvement.

The whole investigation Humza something bad, it reeks of cover up with the two biggest perpetrators being given Scottish government protection from being investigated by the inquiry.
Anyone who doesn't believe the whole thing is a con job when they don't include Paedo f.c. and the Roman Catholic Church by giving them immunity from being investigated is either on their side and wants it to stay buried,or a fool.

Last edited:
Amazing coincidence that known paedophiles regularly gather around the paedo club - even for testimonial evenings it seems.

I wonder why that could be? It’s almost like there’s an organised group of them that are aware of the open secret.
There are a number of priests on a certain list along with the convicted perpetrators. Some priests we don’t have names for but we are finding them one by one. There are also ex-Celtic employees on the list. Some of these ex-employees may not be beasts, but they knew and said nothing.
There is no doubt that this was a very well organised ring and we strongly believe there are more beasts to be found linked to Celtic.

There are a number of priests on a certain list along with the convicted perpetrators. Some priests we don’t have names for but we are finding them one by one. There are also ex-Celtic employees on the list. Some of these ex-employees may not be beasts, but they knew and said nothing.
There is no doubt that this was a very well organised ring and we strongly believe there are more beasts to be found linked to Celtic.
I have little doubt that the numbers linked to Celtic will increase. You and the team are doing a spectacular job.

One thing for certain is the catholic church know the names of every single priest you haven't identified yet. And people at cfc know names too.

We know the people at cfc that knew.
Problematic priests within the catholic community is well documented, the influence they had on Celtic FC employees is their for all to see. Winning, O'Brien and Devine regularly attended functions and games, no doubt contributed how to deal with Celtic's recurring abuse problems. The fact their is no transparency and the club has went to great lengths to protect individuals and the brand speaks volumes. When Johnny Doyle heard of a young player being abused, he approached the club and a local priest, surely the appropriate action should have been the authorities.

Last edited:
The first question needing asked is a simple one.

Why has the Justice Minister made such a rip-roaring c*nt of this scandal ?
Next question.

Who first suggested a free pass for sports clubs and religious organisation (sellick and the rc church to me and you)?

It's not an idea that would seem normal to anyone involved in such an investigation.

Next question.

Who first suggested a free pass for sports clubs and religious organisation (sellick and the rc church to me and you)? It's not an idea that would seem normal to anyone involved in such an investigation.

The inquiry states its purpose as being "to investigate the nature and extent of abuse of children whilst in care in Scotland", while considering "the extent to which institutions and bodies with legal responsibility for the care of children failed in their duty", in particular seeking any "systemic failures".

It classes "in care" as being:

- Children's homes (including residential care provided by faith-based groups),
- Secure care units including List D schools,
- Borstals and Young Offenders' Institutions,
- Places provided for Boarded-Out children in the Highlands and Islands,
- State, private and independent Boarding Schools, including state-funded school hostels,
- Healthcare establishments providing long term care, and any similar establishments intended to provide children with long-term residential care,
- Children in foster care.

But it does not cover children who were abused while using sports and leisure clubs or attending faith-based organisations on a day-to-day basis, or while living with their natural or adoptive families.

The inquiry will also not examine allegations of children being abused in non-boarding schools, nursery or day-care centres.

That photo of Pat Bonner the footballer surrounded by paedophile priests gives me the creeps.o_O
You only have to look at the case of Father Steve Gilhooley who was abused by priests and then subjected to intimidation when he tried to raise the matter years later. He wrote a book called Pyjama Parade which got banned by the Catholic Church.

Google him and you’ll find how he was threatened with fire bombing for daring to speak the truth.

Edit: In fact, you’ll actually find that Google also tells you that material has been removed under data protection laws in Europe. Which says a lot.

Last edited:
Priest-Author Flees Home After Death Threat October 29, 2001
GLASGOW, Oct 29, 01 (CWNews.com) - A Scottish priest, who has published a book detailing the sexual abuse he suffered as a child, has fled his church following an attempt on his life.

Father Steve Gilhooley's book, The Pyjama Parade, details the abuse he suffered at the hands of a priest when he entered St. Mary's College in Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria, in the 1970s. One of the priests involved has since been jailed for his crimes.

After several threats and attacks on his home in Currie, Midlothian, Father Gilhooley, 39, asked his superior, Archbishop Keith O'Brien, to transfer him to an overseas retreat before the controversial account was published.

But the crunch came when a device was attached to his car.

Those that have a duty of care, the fit and proper personnel, fine upstanding pillars of the community. Seem to be in short supply at parkhead, instead we have loathsome liars,phonies,imposters and charlatans masquerading as a respected club. Lawwell claims it's a misconception Celtic are doing nothing regarding the abuse of youngsters in their care, chance after chance has been missed in addressing the scandal. The deception continues and dereliction of duty by those in charge of Celtic is shameful.

Next question.

Who first suggested a free pass for sports clubs and religious organisation (sellick and the rc church to me and you)?

It's not an idea that would seem normal to anyone involved in such an investigation.
I have asked that same question on these boards and a poster answered saying that Swinney ( I think it was ) said words to the effect that if Sports and Religious groups were included it would widen the scope of any enquiry to the extent of slowing up the findings in the other areas. So that seems to be the excuse not to pursue these groups and why the SFA is looking into football. I don’t know who is looking in to religious groups. I’m sure there’s posters who ‘ll clarify exactly what was said.

I have asked that same question on these boards and a poster answered saying that Swinney ( I think it was ) said words to the effect that if Sports and Religious groups were included it would widen the scope of any enquiry to the extent of slowing up the findings in the other areas. So that seems to be the excuse not to pursue these groups and why the SFA is looking into football. I don’t know who is looking in to religious groups. I’m sure there’s posters who ‘ll clarify exactly what was said.
Could be wrong here but I'm sure that was the after-the-act risible excuse trotted out when the question was asked, maybe in the toytown parliament?
What I took out of Gazza's question was who was behind the exclusions? Who in the Natzis, when the terms of the inquiry were being framed, initially championed the free pass for protected pederasts?
Again, might be wrong.

The inquiry states its purpose as being "to investigate the nature and extent of abuse of children whilst in care in Scotland", while considering "the extent to which institutions and bodies with legal responsibility for the care of children failed in their duty", in particular seeking any "systemic failures".

It classes "in care" as being:

- Children's homes (including residential care provided by faith-based groups),
- Secure care units including List D schools,
- Borstals and Young Offenders' Institutions,
- Places provided for Boarded-Out children in the Highlands and Islands,
- State, private and independent Boarding Schools, including state-funded school hostels,
- Healthcare establishments providing long term care, and any similar establishments intended to provide children with long-term residential care,
- Children in foster care.

But it does not cover children who were abused while using sports and leisure clubs or attending faith-based organisations on a day-to-day basis, or while living with their natural or adoptive families.

The inquiry will also not examine allegations of children being abused in non-boarding schools, nursery or day-care centres.

This bit I've highlighted stands out a mile.

How can they say this and exclude the two biggest offenders?

In care? Are children not in your care when you take them on trips to other countries?

Could be wrong here but I'm sure that was the after-the-act risible excuse trotted out when the question was asked, maybe in the toytown parliament?
What I took out of Gazza's question was who was behind the exclusions? Who in the Natzis, when the terms of the inquiry were being framed, initially championed the free pass for protected pederasts?
Again, might be wrong.
That is exactly what I meant.

We either treat this issue seriously and have it dealt with properly or we just completely ignore it.

What sort of message are we sending when some abusers are effectively being told to carry on regardless depending on the institution the abuse was carried out in?

This bit I've highlighted stands out a mile.

How can they say this and exclude the two biggest offenders?

In care? Are children not in your care when you take them on trips to other countries?
To exclude the 2 biggest offenders is a failure of a duty of care in itself.

Re trips abroad. Insurance is required. These players would have been insured (or should have been). Who arranged and paid for the insurance? Although given the passage of time this may never be known.

Those that have a duty of care, the fit and proper personnel, fine upstanding pillars of the community. Seem to be in short supply at parkhead, instead we have loathsome liars,phonies,imposters and charlatans masquerading as a respected club. Lawwell claims it's a misconception Celtic are doing nothing regarding the abuse of youngsters in their care, chance after chance has been missed in addressing the scandal. The deception continues and dereliction of duty by those in charge of Celtic is shameful.

It is the reason that club spends so much time and money on PR.

I compare them to the Pharisees. On the outside they want appear as righteous, but on the inside, when the PR is stripped away, they are full of hypocrisy and lies.

It is the reason that club spends so much time and money on PR.

I compare them to the Pharisees. On the outside they want appear as righteous, but on the inside, when the PR is stripped away, they are full of hypocrisy and lies.

Your sentiments of Matthew 23:27 are completely correct but the actual wording sums them up even better:

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.“

Problematic priests within the catholic community is well documented, the influence they had on Celtic FC employees is their for all to see. Winning, O'Brien and Devine regularly attended functions and games, no doubt contributed how to deal with Celtic's recurring abuse problems. The fact their is no transparency and the club has went to great lengths to protect individuals and the brand speaks volumes. When Johnny Doyle heard of a young player being abused, he approached the club and a local priest, surely the appropriate action should have been the authorities.

I'm almost certain he died due to an electrical 'accident'. Could it possibly be linked?

Last edited:
Again, might be wrong.
I wonder if the minutes of the meeting are available under freedom of information to see who put forward and supported the inexplicable decision to exclude Sporting and Religious groups?

I wonder if the minutes of the meeting are available under freedom of information to see who put forward and supported the inexplicable decision to exclude Sporting and Religious groups?
If this wasn't the rebublic of Shitland that'd be a great suggestion. I'd bet my baws that the prime mover in this isn't explicitly identified anywhere. They've learned how to work in the shadows from the organisation that's been doing it for 1400 years.

Back