Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Hopefully at least one documentary will be aired soon maybe they could doorstop other ex directors past and present. Think Thompson went to Lawells House in his documentary in Thorntonhall I think it was
Oh how I hope he answered the door himself, those little eyes will be a sight to behold when he sees a camera, Hope Thompson put a foot in the door...no The Door, not his neck.

BN. Do you have a copy of Thompson's quote on the change of the law? It was the one which quoted something like "Clear and Immediate Benefit" The line in this report as to the "main aim" of the boys club is the most damning piece of evidence imaginable. I always thought the link to the EC BC was tenuous, but that change in law is.. (fill in the FF blank) - haymaker, head shot, FACT etc.

He admitted to receiving £100 to run the boys club.....BUT.....was Cairney officially "on the books" at CFC or was it a cash in hand arrangement?
Either way it will be damaging.

On the books totally confirms the relationship.

Off the books it confirms Celtics disregard for the law and HMRC have a duty to investigate criminal tax evasion.

Both prove Celtic paid him money in his capacity at the Boys Club.

No you wouldn't that is a thing every man says but the only case I can remember where the person took revenge was a German woman who shot the abuser. The biggest reason that nobody does anything is because your kid would be losing a father\mother as well as having being abused. The biggest thing is helping the child and not revenge. I will admit though the totally laughable sentences makes you want to shoot the bastards and the judges sentencing them.
You protect your own by any means how. I agree with KB, it sounds like a keyboard warrior threat, but I'd be inclined to take some sort of retribution against any abuser of my kids.....and I'm sure they'd understand.

BN. Do you have a copy of Thompson's quote on the change of the law? It was the one which quoted something like "Clear and Immediate Benefit" The line in this report as to the "main aim" of the boys club is the most damning piece of evidence imaginable. I always thought the link to the EC BC was tenuous, but that change in law is.. (fill in the FF blank) - haymaker, head shot, FACT etc.
This?

Historical and current relationships between senior football clubs and grassroots clubs
3.69 Historically in Scotland, in some areas, community-based youth football clubs have come into existence, developed and grown with an identity shared with the local senior professional club. There are a few examples of this across Scotland and, in some cases, these are quite prominent.

3.70 The historical ‘value’ seems to have been that these community-based youth football clubs, in the days before football academies, acted as a prime environment for young players to practice, learn and hone their skills and, often, transition to a trial or contract with the senior club itself. Essentially, they were ‘feeder’ clubs but with a relationship that went well beyond the through-put of young talent.

3.71 In these days the ties between those community-based youth football clubs and the senior professional club were clear and strong. It was acknowledged implicitly and explicitly that the youth football club was a part of the ‘family’ of the senior club; acted as a ‘feeder’ for young talent; and shared a tradition, history and heritage with the senior club. The relationship was strongly established to the point that officials of both clubs knew each other well and interacted; officials of the senior club were often involved in the activities and profile of the youth football club; the senior club would allow the youth football club to freely use its premises and facilities; branding, badging, colours and strips were almost if not completely identical.

3.72 When the senior club celebrated achievements, victories and successes this was shared by the youth football club as much as commiseration in footballing defeat.

3.73 However, the Review concludes that if the relationship and history between the youth football club and the senior club was so shared, so close, and so inextricable on positive achievements then when alleged sexual abuse of young players formed part of the history of one then it too formed part of the history of the other. A shared heritage is not confined to trophies, victories and celebration. It also extends to defeats, failures, and deficiencies.
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/...abuse-in-scottish-football_interim-report.pdf

You just never know what can happen ,just cast your mind back to the alex salmond case ,in my mind he should be supping porridge, but walked free
That was bizarre. He acted, and was treated afterwards as some sort of vindicated hero. Even talk of him making a comeback.

And yet, the press failed to focus on the issue that at best, he was a serial sex pest, and at worst, he cheated numerous times on his elderly wife.

Hopefully the upcoming inquiry will drive a wedge in the SNP. It’s crazy, no-one of a nationalist mind seems to have an issue in Scotland with the sexual misdemeanours of Salmond or McKay. All the while the self proclaimed (and motherless) ‘Chief Mammy’ carries on like she walks on water. And Useless continues to ignore victims of CSA.

You start to feel as if you are living in Communist East Germany. In a parallel dimension. One where most people have essentially lost their fucking mind.

This?

Historical and current relationships between senior football clubs and grassroots clubs
3.69 Historically in Scotland, in some areas, community-based youth football clubs have come into existence, developed and grown with an identity shared with the local senior professional club. There are a few examples of this across Scotland and, in some cases, these are quite prominent.

3.70 The historical ‘value’ seems to have been that these community-based youth football clubs, in the days before football academies, acted as a prime environment for young players to practice, learn and hone their skills and, often, transition to a trial or contract with the senior club itself. Essentially, they were ‘feeder’ clubs but with a relationship that went well beyond the through-put of young talent.

3.71 In these days the ties between those community-based youth football clubs and the senior professional club were clear and strong. It was acknowledged implicitly and explicitly that the youth football club was a part of the ‘family’ of the senior club; acted as a ‘feeder’ for young talent; and shared a tradition, history and heritage with the senior club. The relationship was strongly established to the point that officials of both clubs knew each other well and interacted; officials of the senior club were often involved in the activities and profile of the youth football club; the senior club would allow the youth football club to freely use its premises and facilities; branding, badging, colours and strips were almost if not completely identical.

3.72 When the senior club celebrated achievements, victories and successes this was shared by the youth football club as much as commiseration in footballing defeat.

3.73 However, the Review concludes that if the relationship and history between the youth football club and the senior club was so shared, so close, and so inextricable on positive achievements then when alleged sexual abuse of young players formed part of the history of one then it too formed part of the history of the other. A shared heritage is not confined to trophies, victories and celebration. It also extends to defeats, failures, and deficiencies.
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/...abuse-in-scottish-football_interim-report.pdf
This?

Close, but there was one ,maybe Daly- a newspaper journalist who was dismissing the separate entity issue due to the change in the law.

Isnt 3.73 relevant BC ?
Its is, but there was something like that a duty of care and responsibility existed if the entity derived a clear and immediate benefit from the other entity. The benefit, in the ECBC is a stated aim in the latest article, the production of players for Celtic FC.

My wording was wrong but here it is;

Its is, but there was something like that a duty of care and responsibility existed if the entity derived a clear and immediate benefit from the other entity. The benefit, in the ECBC is a stated aim in the latest article, the production of players for Celtic FC.

My wording was wrong but here it is;

I think this may be the legal case you have in mind. It refers to the vicarious liability of organisations beyond their direct employees to those in an extended network.

That was bizarre. He acted, and was treated afterwards as some sort of vindicated hero. Even talk of him making a comeback.

And yet, the press failed to focus on the issue that at best, he was a serial sex pest, and at worst, he cheated numerous times on his elderly wife.

Hopefully the upcoming inquiry will drive a wedge in the SNP. It’s crazy, no-one of a nationalist mind seems to have an issue in Scotland with the sexual misdemeanours of Salmond or McKay. All the while the self proclaimed (and motherless) ‘Chief Mammy’ carries on like she walks on water. And Useless continues to ignore victims of CSA.

You start to feel as if you are living in Communist East Germany. In a parallel dimension. One where most people have essentially lost their fucking mind.
The sight of old baw jaws walking into court every day with that smug look on his face hand out to usher the woman he was with in the door first like a perfect gentleman was f&ckin nauseating as was the verdict.

I think this may be the legal case you have in mind. It refers to the vicarious liability of organisations beyond their direct employees to those in an extended network.

It certainly could to be the one referenced In the article. As clear a case as the brothers have done on the separate entity myth, I wonder if their secondary revelations that the boys club was considered by the club as an integral part of the business is actually the irrefutable part of their work which is the real smoking gun.

My glass is half full, not half empty like some pessimistic posters on here.
I firmly believe the outstanding work by BN94 and his cohorts will lead to some sort of justice. I wish I had a crystal ball and could tell y'all exactly what the punishment will be. But I believe they WILL be punished. There WILL be sanctions. Just my humble opinion which I'm sure most of you all agree.
Tickety tick tock. Tickety tock. Time will tell. History will tell. They knew. They covered up. They will eventually pay.

What gets me is all of these famous fans who let everyone and their dog know how much they love their club totally ignore the "history" What will happen when it all comes out eventually??? Will they still show the love???

The history is deeply suppressed. In my opinion, most celtc fans who aren't die hards don't know a thing about all this, and those who are, have no desire to REALLY know about it, and survey the details and depth of it all. I would say your average one is aware, rather than "knows."
It's sick, this willful ignorance they've adopted, and I know for a fact we wouldn't do the same.

If there's any justice, then everyone will know what they've done, what they've covered up, and for how long. I can't imagine any celebrity overlooking that level of depravity.

Back