Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The history is deeply suppressed. In my opinion, most celtc fans who aren't die hards don't know a thing about all this, and those who are, have no desire to REALLY know about it, and survey the details and depth of it all. I would say your average one is aware, rather than "knows."
It's sick, this willful ignorance they've adopted, and I know for a fact we wouldn't do the same.

If there's any justice, then everyone will know what they've done, what they've covered up, and for how long. I can't imagine any celebrity overlooking that level of depravity.
Don't kid yourself mate.

Every single one of them know exactly about their club's history.
They're just not interested and it's utterly shameful.
It's what they are.

Don't kid yourself mate.

Every single one of them know exactly about their club's history.
They're just not interested and it's utterly shameful.
It's what they are.

It's pure cognitive dissonance. I didn't want to make that seem like they don't know, just that they choose to ignore it as best they can, as you say "not interested."
Living outside the central belt, I dare say my experience of them as a collective is probably less intense. Yes, most I know would absolutely defend them to the death over this, throwing Neilly etc back at us in false equivalence. Then there are the less hardcore where it's just best to not mention it because they only know what the hardcore and their preferred tabloid tells them.
What needs to happen, is that nobody in the world is left in any doubt about their crimes.

It's pure cognitive dissonance. I didn't want to make that seem like they don't know, just that they choose to ignore it as best they can, as you say "not interested."
Living outside the central belt, I dare say my experience of them as a collective is probably less intense. Yes, most I know would absolutely defend them to the death over this, throwing Neilly etc back at us in false equivalence. Then there are the less hardcore where it's just best to not mention it because they only know what the hardcore and their preferred tabloid tells them.
What needs to happen, is that nobody in the world is left in any doubt about their crimes.

I remind them all the time.
They're a disgrace.

They are brainwashed by a religion that makes them think that if they go to a confessional and have a priest listen to them and tell them to say hail mary's or the stations of the cross that it's all ok and they are forgiven just because a priest says so. :eek:
They know that it has been done but think it's ok. to ridicule and persecute the victims and accusers they say nothing about what they knew and cover it up, they are as guilty as the perpetrators themselves and won't be forgiven when it truly matters.

They are brainwashed by a religion that makes them think that if they go to a confessional and have a priest listen to them and tell them to say hail mary's or the stations of the cross that it's all ok and they are forgiven just because a priest says so. :eek:
They know that it has been done but think it's ok. to ridicule and persecute the victims and accusers they say nothing about what they knew and cover it up, they are as guilty as the perpetrators themselves and won't be forgiven when it truly matters.
Said it before, dont ask for permission, ask for forgiveness, it's the catholic way!

The history is deeply suppressed. In my opinion, most celtc fans who aren't die hards don't know a thing about all this, and those who are, have no desire to REALLY know about it, and survey the details and depth of it all. I would say your average one is aware, rather than "knows."
It's sick, this willful ignorance they've adopted, and I know for a fact we wouldn't do the same.

If there's any justice, then everyone will know what they've done, what they've covered up, and for how long. I can't imagine any celebrity overlooking that level of depravity.

Absolute tosh!

Nah, no way has it anything to do with their cult's belief in absolution through confession. They are determined not to acknowledge the crimes of their club purely to keep the kafflicks in the ascendancy.

My fervent hope is after the victims get closure, that ra poops are hammered, sent to the bottom tier, go into administration, be financially constrained for 20 years or more.

Also, their name becomes synonymous with child abuse. Their sponsors bail out. And best of all, they are ridiculed for evermore.
That’s what should happen, but I don’t see their friends in our country’s football associations handing anything like that out to them, but maybe UEFA?
I can honestly say their name will be tarnished forever after this. I know we continually post evidence that there was no such thing as a separate entity, but we do know that some has been used as evidence, so as we find it we bring it into the public domain.
We also know for a fact that this has a long way to go. We know there are investigations going on with not only the police, but various journalists also, and not only on these shores.
This is only the start. There’s a lot more out there to be found and investigated. We also truly believe that after working on this for a long time that all the correct people are on this.

Every single one of these fuckers know exactly what went on at this club. They have chosen to turn a blind eye and try and defend this vile institution. They know how damaging this could be for them, although I think personally it will be through them being a toxic brand rather than any punishment from any institution in Scotland.
Never be fooled by the filth , they are going to try everything to deflect away from the truth.
Its only the incredible work on here by a fantastic group of people who have got this whole sordid affair back in the forefront of peoples minds, but more importantly they have got the news out worldwide.

That’s what should happen, but I don’t see their friends in our country’s football associations handing anything like that out to them, but maybe UEFA?
I can honestly say their name will be tarnished forever after this. I know we continually post evidence that there was no such thing as a separate entity, but we do know that some has been used as evidence, so as we find it we bring it into the public domain.
We also know for a fact that this has a long way to go. We know there are investigations going on with not only the police, but various journalists also, and not only on these shores.
This is only the start. There’s a lot more out there to be found and investigated. We also truly believe that after working on this for a long time that all the correct people are on this.
BN94: That is a massively reassuring post. Every one of us appreciates the info released but must realise that there is far more going on in the background which must be kept from public domain for now.

So good to hear you have pushed this beyond the shores and border of this closed shop.

£80,000? What a paltry amount.
This is the SNP planning a cop-out designed purely to protect celtc's purse.
If the paedos get away with paying £80,000 max to each of the dozens (hundreds?) of victims there will be high 5s all around the Knew Camp.
Scandalous.

And still Protestants vote for the Natzis?
Is this a claim against the perpetrators or an offer from Toytown? Haven't read in detail but if this is the joke of an administration in the Carbuncle offering to pick up the tab then this puddle of a "country" is f@cked.

Your posts always have a reassuring confidence BN94. I am sure any victims/ survivors who read this thread will find comfort in them.

To you all, keep up the good work.

They were formed by that very religion to prevent their gullible followers becoming enlightened.

God bless you and the team BN94, you know who you are guys.

I’ve posted this in another thread but I think we should have our own PR company based in the UK capital with a global reach putting out our story and countering the predictable pish about Neely put out by the SMSM and supplied by Holicom. The dignified silence from our club is not cutting through nationwide, those manky bastards have run a paedophile ring at their club for over 4 decades and it doesn’t seem to have affected their global/national brand. Wtf?

If the paedos get away with paying £80,000 max to each of the dozens (hundreds?) of victims there will be high 5s all around the Knew Camp.
Scandalous.

To be honest I think it’s aimed protecting the RC Church first and foremost. Especially if it’s true that claimants have to forgo prosecuting the people who abused them in order to receive the cash. It’s a move by the SNP to protect their main voter base.

Scandalous.

It lools like that fund is just for people who were abused in residential care.

It lools like that fund is just for people who were abused in residential care.

Yes, the newspaper articles states this specifically.

So, once more, sports and religious institutions are to be excluded from consideration, and the victims of abusers in Celtic's direct or indirect employ denied the dignity, respect, compassion, accountability and financial redress that Swinney declares is deserved by others.

Shameful.

I’ve posted this in another thread but I think we should have our own PR company based in the UK capital with a global reach putting out our story and countering the predictable pish about Neely put out by the SMSM and supplied by Holicom. The dignified silence from our club is not cutting through nationwide, those manky bastards have run a paedophile ring at their club for over 4 decades and it doesn’t seem to have affected their global/national brand. Wtf?

It's a strange one. A lot of guys I work with are fans of English clubs. Whenever the subject of Celtic's association with paedophiles crops up, most opt out of the conversation and are happy when the talk turns back to results and performances and managerial sackings and other more regular stuff. They'll shake their heads and tut-tut, but without real feeling. It's as if they're fearful of having their view of football as simply a sport sullied by having to think about the enormity of the scandal at Parkhead. Or maybe they attribute my disgust, as a Rangers fan, to bias, and deem it to be disproportionate.

I don't live in Scotland so am not best placed to comment, but from afar it doesn't appear that there is much condemnation of Celtic from fans of Scottish clubs - other than Rangers - either, let alone call for an independent investigation into the club's conduct.

Yet this, surely, is what is needed: a Westminster-led inquiry to shed light on not just the abusers and their crimes but also those, within and outside of the Celtic family, who actively, or by inaction, sought and continue to seek to cover them up or minimise their consequences.

Demotion? Expulsion from the professional leagues? Disbandment? Unlikely for the Establishment club. But, at the very least, Celtic's sanctimony should be stripped bare and their fans and fluffers left bereft of recourse to denial and deflection.

We all need spared from the insult of it, most especially the victims of abuse.

I'm not legally trained but from the evidence gathered I'm failing to see any way they can worm out of this.tbh
I do agree BB but as the saying goes “the law is an ass”. You have to believe the good people on the survivors side have all the bases covered.
I don’t claim to be ITK, but I suspect their sole defence might be that CBC was registered as a different company, likely for tax reasons, which is a a common practice between companies and their subsidiaries. I think that’s all they’ve got and it might well have covered them until recently. However, the recent changes to the law defining relationships between professional teams and feeder clubs has made them far more vulnerable to liability.

That’s my take on it anyway. I really hope they end up paying heavily for this. Not only for the abuse itself but also their sickening attempt to evade responsibility.

Yes, the newspaper articles states this specifically.

So, once more, sports and religious institutions are to be excluded from consideration, and the victims of abusers in Celtic's direct or indirect employ denied the dignity, respect, compassion, accountability and financial redress that Swinney declares is deserved by others.

Shameful.

To be fair I don't think the government should be paying compensation to victims/survivors of multi million pound football clubs or the richest organisation in the world the catholic church.
Compensation should come from the organisations responsible.

I don’t claim to be ITK, but I suspect their sole defence might be that CBC was registered as a different company, likely for tax reasons, which is a a common practice between companies and their subsidiaries. I think that’s all they’ve got and it might well have covered them until recently. However, the recent changes to the law defining relationships between professional teams and feeder clubs has made them far more vulnerable to liability.

That’s my take on it anyway. I really hope they end up paying heavily for this. Not only for the abuse itself but also their sickening attempt to evade responsibility.
Don't think that Law has been passed yet mate due to Covid, is that not why Thompson's are dragging their heels waiting for it to change

To be fair I don't think the government should be paying compensation to victims/survivors of multi million pound football clubs or the richest organisation in the world the catholic church.
Compensation should come from the organisations responsible.

Yep, you're right. It's infuriating, though, that the government isn't doing all that it might in response to the paedophilia centred around one club and the cult from which it emerged.

Perhaps it, and Martin Hendry, will surprise us yet.

I agree 100% TB

There is a similar article in the Sun (you can see it below spotlight’s most recent post on Twitter) where it states that claimants would have to drop any claims against their tormentors in order to receive the payment.

it looks suspiciously like hush money
So the Scottish Government is actually offering to pay money in return for the victims of heinous crimes dropping their right to justice. Seriously??

A ‘proper’ Government, with the victims interests at heart, would be paying compensation and ferociously going after the perpetrators, prosecuting them and seizing their financial assets. That would be justice, not slipping them a few quid and allowing the perpetrators to walk away.

John Swinney seems to think this is acceptable which is not surprising coming from this serial incompetent.

So the Scottish Government is actually offering to pay money in return for the victims of heinous crimes dropping their right to justice. Seriously??

A ‘proper’ Government, with the victims interests at heart, would be paying compensation and ferociously going after the perpetrators, prosecuting them and seizing their financial assets. That would be justice, not slipping them a few quid and allowing the perpetrators to walk away.

John Swinney seems to think this is acceptable which is not surprising coming from this serial incompetent.

It doesnt surprise me that the gov are taking this route, Ive had people say to me that theres just too many peados for the justice system to cope with. My first thoughts on that is like saying they are too big too fail, it sends out the wrong message when society ought to have a zero tolerance policy if we are serious about protecting children. I reckon this public apathy is a big part of the problem and MPs are only to happy to take the easy option. Lenient sentencing in this country needs to be put to a stop for starters.

Back