Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Is there any previous for a government to pay out compensation and ask for NDAs' on behalf of a sporting organisation and member club?

Although my question is rhetorical, I asked anyway as it is just astounding, and taxpayers shouldn't be paying for the crimes of a private organisation, especially a football club who are at the centre of the world's biggest sporting scandal, and like to tell everyone they are "cash rich" with millions in the bank.

The worst part is that they have the audacity of proposing to buy out survivors silence with innocent taxpayers monies, what a bunch of crooks and cronies. That is a total insult and gross misuse of the public purse I find that extremely offensive the guilty should pay not the innocents.
They also don't get it that these victims and survivors and their relatives perhaps wouldn't want their silence monies but want real justice and genuine and sincere apologies and a recognition of the atrocities and humiliation they have had to endure, but the people who offer this buy out could never comprehend that.
100% correct Nemessis something doesn’t smell right here. Krankies answer to Ruth Davidson was along the lines of “let me be clear to the people of Scotland, we’ve always said, and let me be clear on this that we understand the concerns and let me be clear we will continue to work with all agencies on this to insure the people of Scotland get the answers they and let me emphasise this rightly deserve” what a load of shite, Davidson should have been straight back up saying, you never answered the question FM you just batted it away with a stream of buzz phrases and filler words.
If this wasn’t so serious the SNPs handling of this would be laughable. BN is right this needs to be taken out of the Scottish establishments hands and looked at by a fresh set of objective unbiased eyes with no vested interests (although that’s not easy with the cult like no other).
Is that dobber in charge of the SFA report even back at his work yet? You couldn’t make this stuff up, is no one from the SFA chasing this up on a weekly basis checking on its progress, does the report’s panel have an unlimited timescale and open ended funding? The SFAs report is the main obstacle the SNP are hiding behind to avoid any embarrassing questions, get it f&cking done and published and shown up as the pathetic white wash we all fully expect it to be so the real litigation can start.

Not saying am right but reading through all this am surprise there has not been a organised demonstration ( not a football colours thing ) but people flighting for the victims rights a march from city chambers right up to doors of septic park am sure if it a successful and well supported march then people would have sit and take notice

just a thought

The worst part is that they have the audacity of proposing to buy out survivors silence with innocent taxpayers monies, what a bunch of crooks and cronies. That is a total insult and gross misuse of the public purse I find that extremely offensive the guilty should pay not the innocents.
They also don't get it that these victims and survivors and their relatives perhaps wouldn't want their silence monies but want real justice and genuine and sincere apologies and a recognition of the atrocities and humiliation they have had to endure, but the people who offer this buy out could never comprehend that.

Well said, you articulated my sentiments and thoughts on this matter exactly.

Likewise the only comment I've seen is that Mark Hollinsheads illness with covid19 was part of the reason... strange for the CEO to take such a 'hands on' approach with a client...

Unless of course the end of any involvement is also a smoke screen..as Mark has said himself..." “Hollicom’s network of influencers and contacts, across all media channels, is unrivalled in the public relations industry and that experience and knowledge will make a key difference for clients both existing and new. "
I think Hollicom have realised that it is impossible to put out a forest fire by having a piss on it.

Likewise the only comment I've seen is that Mark Hollinsheads illness with covid19 was part of the reason... strange for the CEO to take such a 'hands on' approach with a client...

Unless of course the end of any involvement is also a smoke screen..as Mark has said himself..." “Hollicom’s network of influencers and contacts, across all media channels, is unrivalled in the public relations industry and that experience and knowledge will make a key difference for clients both existing and new. "

Fair possibility that Hollicom are still representing the mentally challengeds but are getting sensitive to the negative connotations they may be experiencing as a result of it being known.
They must by now know "where the bodies are buried" so celtc will be more than keen to keep them close...at any price.

SNP Govt covering up paedos and now prepared to pay out compo to victims to keep their silence

The vast majority of victims were abused at CBC and CFC so why are the Scot Govt not wanting to pursue the guilty and the enablers

I’m hate the way this country is being run

It’s a phucking scandal

I hope Kim Leslie has other CSA clients and she persuaded them to reject the NDA’s and let the victims get closure and proper compensation and the guilty humiliated and pursued by the law

Not saying am right but reading through all this am surprise there has not been a organised demonstration ( not a football colours thing ) but people flighting for the victims rights a march from city chambers right up to doors of septic park am sure if it a successful and well supported march then people would have sit and take notice

just a thought
Excellent idea... Some form of march with placards and banners stating the massive cover up. Bring it right out in the open because believe me not a lot of people outside of football even know about CBC and the ring of abuse...a national scandal...

The wording of the bill would suggest this could not be applied to Celtic's boys club (or religious organisations) if the scottish government tried to extend this to them it would be an outrage in any event, but especially after specifically excluding them from the 'enquiry" - that said the whole bill is vile.

The wording of the bill would suggest this could not be applied to Celtic's boys club (or religious organisations) if the scottish government tried to extend this to them it would be an outrage in any event, but especially after specifically excluding them from the 'enquiry" - that said the whole bill is vile.

I am glad that you pointed that out. Having read it I am of the opinion that it will aid victims in that they can be anonymous and not have to face the abusers in court.
I do think that the organisations enabling the abuse should not be let off the hook regarding redress and presumably the opposition at Holyrood will file an amendment

I posted elsewhere. His son was a dealer. Fact
Mosson, convicted housebreaker. Fact.
What more do we know about this guy?
My mate is his neighbour.
He says Mosson is forever getting work done on his house.
Is that a freeby by GCC ?
Mosson has a few skeletons in his cupboard...
His son is a big supporter of the IRA. Slashed years ago he's easily recognisable. His daughter is Kirsten Mosson. She flirted with politics for a while. Well known in Scotstoun.

This bill if passed will be the biggest scandal ever, it's like awarding the abusers. I cannot believe any sane person would back this
It’s effectively paying hush money to the victims.

Only it’s not the perpetrator paying the money, it’s the Government. The very people who should be protecting children are prepared to pay money to keep the abusers out of jail. Corrupt, criminal and sinister.

It’s effectively paying hush money to the victims.

Only it’s not the perpetrator paying the money, it’s the Government. The very people who should be protecting children are prepared to pay money to keep the abusers out of jail. Corrupt, criminal and sinister.

No, even worse, it's actually the taxpayer who will be paying for it.
Taxpayers, which includes all the abused themselves and their families and friends among them.
And all to let the guilty off the hook and to protect the catholic vote
Just how fucking sick is that?

I am glad that you pointed that out. Having read it I am of the opinion that it will aid victims in that they can be anonymous and not have to face the abusers in court.
I do think that the organisations enabling the abuse should not be let off the hook regarding redress and presumably the opposition at Holyrood will file an amendment
To be honest all I really did was repeat what 'spotlight' said - but why are the Scottish government putting forward legislation that could allow abusers to get off scot free and potentially open a door to bogus claims?!

Excellent idea... Some form of march with placards and banners stating the massive cover up. Bring it right out in the open because believe me not a lot of people outside of football even know about CBC and the ring of abuse...a national scandal...
I would go further and get people to form a ‘ring’ around Holyrood.

That will get their attention.

Back