Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The article I read said he was the youth team and CBC coach. Utterly sickening regardless.
McCafferty was the first team kitman when Tommy Burns was manager and left just after the death of youth Lawrence Haggart in 1996.
Little wonder paedo f.c. and their apologists try play down his involvement with the first team as this blows the separate entity nonsense out of the water.

McCafferty was the first team kitman when Tommy Burns was manager and left just after the death of youth Lawrence Haggart in 1996.
Little wonder paedo f.c. and their apologists try play down his involvement with the first team as this blows the separate entity nonsense out of the water.

Remember there’s already been a case they lost due to his abuse of a player I won’t mention.

Kim Leslie, Digby Brown roasted them.

#wouldyouhavesigned?

Would you have signed if you had known?
Chris Sutton
Henrik Larsson
John Hartson
Kris Commons
Stilan Petrov
Bobo Balde
Ncham
Eyal Berkovic
Di Canio
Ian Wright
Pierre
Forster
et al

We know that the Scots from the 'Celtic Family' probably knew, at least had heard whispers, but what about all the other players since The Bunnet rolled in?

#wouldyouhavesigned?
When I'm at my most bitter I contemplate a fan driven campaign to ask every single current player, manager and staff member what they know about the scandal and how it makes them feel.

It would be slightly different from asking them why they're at such a rancid club because people need to make the judgement on their own.

What do you think of that idea? Part of me thinks we should be putting newspaper clippings all over the east end of town in a similar manner to the way that mob sully Ibrox with their filth. But I also think the potential for such an activity to descend into harrassment would be wrong and takes focus away from the victims.

How do we get their staff to connect and engage with their victims honestly?

When I'm at my most bitter I contemplate a fan driven campaign to ask every single current player, manager and staff member what they know about the scandal and how it makes them feel.

It would be slightly different from asking them why they're at such a rancid club because people need to make the judgement on their own.

What do you think of that idea? Part of me thinks we should be putting newspaper clippings all over the east end of town in a similar manner to the way that mob sully Ibrox with their filth. But I also think the potential for such an activity to descend into harrassment would be wrong and takes focus away from the victims.

How do we get their staff to connect and engage with their victims honestly?

I can see where you are coming from. Problem for me is if they were so ashamed of the cover up they have had years to say so.

And these are only the ones that have come forward. There are more survivors out there.
Hopefully the strength and courage shown by the ones that have come forward will give the others that haven't come forward the strength to do so. This should never have been allowed to happen and that football team along with the help of others should never have been allowed to cover this up it's an absolute disgrace that they have been allowed to get away with these crimes for so long.

Good to see the Guardian and Harry McDonald article published . I haven't read al the subsequent posts and dont know if it has been mentioned since . I thought they should have brought up that the Trophy centre continued to receive funding . I may be wrong , but I think it was shown on here and proven and that amounted to £250,000 per each year whilst he was caged . Is this something that should be forwarded to the Guardian to be used in any follow up article ? Best wishes to all in the team in their crusade for justice .

Good to see the Guardian and Harry McDonald article published . I haven't read al the subsequent posts and dont know if it has been mentioned since . I thought they should have brought up that the Trophy centre continued to receive funding . I may be wrong , but I think it was shown on here and proven and that amounted to £250,000 per each year whilst he was caged . Is this something that should be forwarded to the Guardian to be used in any follow up article ? Best wishes to all in the team in their crusade for justice .

You’re correct about TTC.

Henry McDonald got this information directly from survivors & their families, and it is a genuinely human article, which shows what these people have gone through.

We would always be glad to help him, them & others, and in fact we have done via Spotlight many times BM.

I can see where you are coming from. Problem for me is if they were so ashamed of the cover up they have had years to say so.
Not necessarily - many of them are probably aware of what happened to a vague extent, but look at it as being something that happened in the distant past so haven't bothered looking into it too much. If someone was to specifically lay it all out in front of them and say, "Look, what do you think about this, and what was done to those children?" then it might actually make them sit up and take note at last. It's too easy for new signings for Celtic to think "that's nothing to do with the current team, it was decades ago", because the mainstream media have never made much of an issue of it.

Not necessarily - many of them are probably aware of what happened to a vague extent, but look at it as being something that happened in the distant past so haven't bothered looking into it too much. If someone was to specifically lay it all out in front of them and say, "Look, what do you think about this, and what was done to those children?" then it might actually make them sit up and take note at last. It's too easy for new signings for Celtic to think "that's nothing to do with the current team, it was decades ago", because the mainstream media have never made much of an issue of it.

We were battering Adidas with information prior to their new deal, and they still went ahead.

All comments were justified with hard evidence.

For a business of a few billion a year ? To me that is scandalous mate.

I bought a copy of the Guardian today and have photo copied the article twenty times. When dark, i will be posting them through the doors of the people round about me who deserve it the most. I don't do social media and maybe it is a bit childish, but i hate those people with a passion

Let's hope the press ask Lennon about this at the next press conference
That would be fantastic, get someone to catch him out like Lee Nelson done to Teresa May at the party conference when he gave her a P45. Watch the bastard squirm. Would be better in a physical live press conference, if it was on Zoom the Celtic comms team would shut it down immediately.

We were battering Adidas with information prior to their new deal, and they still went ahead.

I bought a copy of the Guardian today and have photo copied the article twenty times. When dark, i will be posting them through the doors of the people round about me who deserve it the most. I don't do social media and maybe it is a bit childish, but i hate those people with a passion

A true punk.

We can only hope that Adidas have the sense to drop them like a ton of bricks when the story goes worldwide. In the bigger picture that would be an even better result, with the ensuing embarrassment, than if they hadn't went with the scum in the first place. Such a story just could not be ignored.
Especially when it becomes common knowledge that Adidas were made aware of this and still signed the deal.

Don`t know if this helps or not but I just emailed Maggie Oliver https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Oliver to see if she can assist the victims.

I`ll see what she says and report back if it`s of any interest to you guys doing all the work.
I got a reply back and copied it below.

Thanks for your email. Anyone that contacts the Foundation we will try and help in the best way we can.

If you are in contact with any survivors and they are not getting the right support we will try and signpost them the best way we can. Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Rick Pendlebury
Personal assistant/Case Advisor

The Maggie Oliver Foundation

Why on bloody earth has this not been taken up by Scottish newspapers the biggest scandal in Scottish sport ?

Reading the gold plated snippets of information posted on here by BN94, Grigo etc. I think the full extent of the roles played in all of this by the Scottish media, SFA, government, MPs, Police Scotland, judiciary et al will be brought to everyone’s attention when the time is right.

They should all be ashamed of themselves.

Why on bloody earth has this not been taken up by Scottish newspapers the biggest scandal in Scottish sport ?
They will take your money but they will only report what THEY want you to read . This of course means that if you buy their rag then you are being swindled because news like the above is not being reported . I wonder who has the power to decide what the public should get to read in this so called Free Country ? Incidentally ! was there any follow up about the guy who fell off the monument at George Square ? name ? Hospital report etc., or have I just missed it ?

They will take your money but they will only report what THEY want you to read . This of course means that if you buy their rag then you are being swindled because news like the above is not being reported . I wonder who has the power to decide what the public should get to read in this so called Free Country ? Incidentally ! was there any follow up about the guy who fell off the monument at George Square ? name ? Hospital report etc., or have I just missed it ?
There was a Scottish MP that stated he knew of the abuse but did not realise just how bad the abuse was. Think of that for a minute an adult in a fairly powerful position knew of children being abused but did not realise how bad it actually was. Any media outlet worth their salt would ask how bad did the abuse need to be this was children, children that just wanted to chase their dreams of becoming a professional footballer. The media in this country are a disgrace and that statement from an MP is nothing short of disgraceful.

TLB knew. Maybe that is why he is completely f****d up.
This is the reason I pity him rather than chastise him, he was also a very good pal of Gary Speed so it’s no wonder he has very dark days looking into a pint glass.

These guys must be tormented inside beyond anything we can appreciate, Lennon like him or not is a football man who left home as a teenager and he must have demons every time he thinks about his mates at Crewe and his mare Gary Speeds death.

There was a Scottish MP that stated he knew of the abuse but did not realise just how bad the abuse was. Think of that for a minute an adult in a fairly powerful position knew of children being abused but did not realise how bad it actually was. Any media outlet worth their salt would ask how bad did the abuse need to be this was children, children that just wanted to chase their dreams of becoming a professional footballer. The media in this country are a disgrace and that statement from an MP is nothing short of disgraceful.
It was Dornan mate, and his own son played for CBC hence his knowledge the abuse was happening.

He's publicly called for meetings with lawwell and said celtc must stop peddling the lie that the boys club wasn't their responsibility.
He has also called people bigots who dared to raise this subject too, so it's really not clear what his position is.

#wouldyouhavesigned?

Would you have signed if you had known?
Chris Sutton
Henrik Larsson
John Hartson
Kris Commons
Stilan Petrov
Bobo Balde
Ncham
Eyal Berkovic
Di Canio
Ian Wright
Pierre
Forster
et al

We know that the Scots from the 'Celtic Family' probably knew, at least had heard whispers, but what about all the other players since The Bunnet rolled in?

#

Not only that, he also allowed his son to play there. When he was questioned about this... He made some vague remark that he's done a lot more than others in exposing the crimes of Celtic.

In a normal country the press would be on his doorstep every day until he explained his actions, his lack of action and what he meant by his comments.

In a normal parliament the opposition politicians would be ripping him to shreds.

Unfortunately the Dornan's and Nevins of this world have contributed to the problem, they knew something was not right, did it directly affect them? and so it goes on!
Hindsight is one thing, the amount of individuals who were in the position of addressing the problem and chose not to (for whatever reason) have a sin to answer?
It is well documented the amount that knew, the actions of generations since the abuse first began is unacceptable.

The magnitude of this scandal is off the scale, only in Scotland do you have the response which is unfolding. Disturbingly shameful.
Is justice a myth?

You are right.

There are 5 convicted for child abuse, one of whom was done twice, so that’s 6 convictions.

Cullen was additionally done for the pictures of the children but not child abuse.
Is it worth highlighting this to the author? I’m sure the online article could be revised upwards to the correct number which adds further weight to the story.

Is it worth highlighting this to the author? I’m sure the online article could be revised upwards to the correct number which adds further weight to the story.

We have had no communications with McDonald. His history doesn’t suggest a willingness to talk to Rangers fans, neither do his recent comments.

We did notice some factual inaccuracies in the article, however I guess what he tried to say was that Cullen & King, for example, didn’t go to jail despite their convictions.

I don’t know how he could ignore Strachan, who raped an 18 month old child.

The bunnet knew what was going on. Has anyone approached him for evidence/statements?
The bunnet kept Mcginn on his board due to his sfa position when he ousted the Whytes and Kellys
Being an astute business man he would have known who was involved in the cover up but choose to ignore it
The bunnet also wanted it all kept inhouse
Unfortunately all these bastards are getting very old enabling them to use their dotage as a get out clause or staging accidents to make them unavailable
They deserve to burn

The bunnet kept Mcginn on his board due to his sfa position when he ousted the Whytes and Kellys
Being an astute business man he would have known who was involved in the cover up but choose to ignore it
The bunnet also wanted it all kept inhouse
Unfortunately all these bastards are getting very old enabling them to use their dotage as a get out clause or staging accidents to make them unavailable
They deserve to burn
Some are also saying the police have told him to stick to the story.

I completely agree with you mate. I was thinking more of their players - it's quite easy for a giant, faceless corporation like Adidas to ignore this stuff with the idea of it being a business that wants to please their shareholders with good deals. But for an individual player, signing for them - if THEY knew exactly about this, if it was all laid out before them....Would they all still sign?

I completely agree with you mate. I was thinking more of their players - it's quite easy for a giant, faceless corporation like Adidas to ignore this stuff with the idea of it being a business that wants to please their shareholders with good deals. But for an individual player, signing for them - if THEY knew exactly about this, if it was all laid out before them....Would they all still sign?

Yes, good point Diocletian.

Im sure one of our team did write to one possible target, but that was a long time ago & I forget who it was.

We were going to write to Duffy, but after seeing him for Brighton we preferred that he join !!!

Like everyone on this thread, I’m absolutely appalled at all of this. I’m 43, so this all basically took place within my lifetime.

Question: what would the justice for this look like to most people here?

For me I’d firstly want to see the victims receive public apologies, substantial cash payouts and full vindication of what they’ve went through.

Second, public explanation from Lawell or whatever other relevant spokesperson for that club. I’d say the old guard should be hounded into it also. Explanation of why they felt it just to suppress this for 50 odd years.

Third, CFC has to be sanctioned in some way. European bans, points deductions, title removals. Mud sticks and they’ll forever be known as pedo harboure

What’s your thoughts?

What is blatantly obvious about this scandal is that Celtic FC must remain unscathed,
Their reputation is paramount, the individuals, authorities and governing bodies who have went to great lengths to insure this,is absolutely abhorrent.
The fact they are allowed to continue to function as normal is testimony to this.
What a sad reflection on society that this is deemed acceptable!

Back