Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

This is all about money as u no the snps core vote come from that lot over in the east end the snp a riddled with Irish republicans a lot more that people no trust me mate they are at the very top of the snp past and presant I part of a small group who mostly are ex army so we seen them at first hand in ulster we have a long list of them and will in due corse put it out on twitter but now thing are being cheaked incase of legals if inappropriate pls remove
I think it's more than money and more than the SNP. IMO there's MP's, top Cops, Lords, JP's, and obviously religious leaders involved.

This is all about money as u no the snps core vote come from that lot over in the east end the snp a riddled with Irish republicans a lot more that people no trust me mate they are at the very top of the snp past and presant I part of a small group who mostly are ex army so we seen them at first hand in ulster we have a long list of them and will in due corse put it out on twitter but now thing are being cheaked incase of legals if inappropriate pls remove
I done 3 tours in NI in the 90s as a paratrooper so not flavour of the month with the manky mob over there, never took all that shite to end up handing power over to the Scottish equivalent of Sinn Fein. So I’m all f&cking in.

I done 3 tours in NI in the 90s as a paratrooper so not flavour of the month with the manky mob over there, never took all that shite to end up handing power over to the Scottish equivalent of Sinn Fein. So I’m all f&cking in.
Challenging these scum is exactly what the 'justice' minister is trying to outlaw with his 'dining table' hate crime police raids threat.

Well said Dado.
I’ve always thought you were a class act Grigo.
cloth-jump-wings-blue-012_1.jpg

Wow the comment section is unbelievable. Just pure deflection from them lot.
Its been the exact same response from those defending their cult in the wider church abuse. The level of denial is chilling, in Argentina a legal manual as thick as a phone book was drawn up to attack the abused kids in court. It was designed to discredit the kids as liars and wait for it seducing priests! The person responsible for commissioning this legal manual was the soon to be pape Francis.

Bergoglio’s effort to prevent the conviction of Grassi went so far as to include the commission of a series of four books devoted to casting doubt on the purported victims’ testimonies and attacking the victims themselves. The books were produced for Bergoglio and the Argentinean Episcopal Conference by the eminent jurist Marcelo Sancinetti. The series was entitled, “Studies on the ‘Grassi case,’” and filled more than 2,600 pages.

The books seek to discredit Grassi’s purported victims, openly calling them “false accusers” and even implying that they are projecting their own homosexual desires onto Grassi. Echoing Grassi’s arguments and those of the Argentine Episcopal Conference, they theorize that the prosecution of Grassi has arisen out of a conspiracy against his “Happy Children Foundation” by several media outlets who were seeking to destroy the organization. In an epilogue Sancinetti goes so far as to compare Grassi to the prophet Daniel placed in a den of lions.

The books were published in secret and never revealed to the public, and they contained no editorial imprint. However, the final of the four volumes, published in 2013, had the following text on the first page dated July, 2013: “With this [volume], these ‘Studies on the Grassi case’ are concluded, and the labor assigned by the Argentinean Episcopal Conference, in particular by Cardinal Bergoglio, then its president and today His Holiness Francis.”

There is a documentary on amazon that covers the story

Alan Brazil, the former Scotland footballer, has said that the abuse he suffered at Celtic Boys Club still casts a shadow over his life, and has called for victims to be compensated.

Brazil was sexually assaulted by Jim Torbett, the coach, while playing for the club at the age of 13.

The retired footballer, now a radio presenter on TalkSport, revealed he could recall the incident vividly and still pictured the “leer” on Torbett’s face as he molested him. He said he was contacted regularly by other victims and had backed their claims for damages.

Torbett, 73, the founder of Celtic Boys Club, was jailed for two years in 1998 for molesting players, including Brazil, between 1967 and 1974. He was jailed for a further six years in 2018 for sexually abusing boys between August 1986 and August 1994. Three other men linked to the club have been jailed for abusing boys in recent years.

Legal papers were lodged in June on behalf of a survivor who is seeking compensation from Celtic FC. The case is expected to be heard within months and another 20 people are set to sue the club. This year Celtic FC said they were “very sorry” the abuse happened but have insisted the boys’ club was an entirely separate entity with which it had “historic connections”.

Writing in his new autobiography, Only Here For A Visit, Brazil, 61, said: “For years, Celtic’s official line was that the Boys Club was a separate organisation, that they were not legally culpable and therefore wouldn’t be issuing an apology.

“I understood why they took that position because Celtic are a business and issuing an apology would have opened them up to maybe hundreds of compensation claims. But when I was a kid, I didn’t see any separation between Celtic Boys Club and the ‘big’ club. I wore the same strip, my blazer had the same badge and I was watched by Celtic scouts. As far as I was concerned I was playing for Celtic’s junior side. To say there was no connection isn’t right.

“This terrible story should not be about business and lawyers and money. It should be about the victims and Celtic supporters, people who have loved the club all their lives and feel let down. Celtic did finally make some sort of apology in 2020, but the victims of abuse deserve more than an apology, they deserve to be compensated.”

Recalling his experience, Brazil said Torbett took him and other young players to his home and gave them ice cream before molesting them.

Brazil, a former Ipswich Town striker, said Torbett’s latest sentence was “ridiculously lenient” and that he did not think he would be able to put his ordeal behind him until his abuser was dead.

He said: “He sat down next to me, started kissing my head and put his hand between my legs. I recall that I was wearing my Boys Club blazer and grey slacks, and can still picture the leer on his face. I froze for a couple of seconds, then a couple of lads walked in, at which point I jumped off the couch, ran to the bathroom and locked myself in.

“I’ve only hated one person in my life and that’s Jim Torbett. For as long as he’s alive, there will be a shadow hanging over me.”

Celtic said they had nothing to add to their statement from February.

It said: “The club is very sorry that these events took place. The abuse of young people is an abhorrent crime. Unfortunately it has affected many areas of society. With regard to the allegations regarding historic abuse at Celtic Boys Club (which, so far as we have been made aware, relate to prior to 1997), although Celtic FC is a separate organisation, we take these extremely seriously because of the historic contacts between the two organisations.”

Alan Brazil, the former Scotland footballer, has said that the abuse he suffered at Celtic Boys Club still casts a shadow over his life, and has called for victims to be compensated.

Brazil was sexually assaulted by Jim Torbett, the coach, while playing for the club at the age of 13.

The retired footballer, now a radio presenter on TalkSport, revealed he could recall the incident vividly and still pictured the “leer” on Torbett’s face as he molested him. He said he was contacted regularly by other victims and had backed their claims for damages.

Torbett, 73, the founder of Celtic Boys Club, was jailed for two years in 1998 for molesting players, including Brazil, between 1967 and 1974. He was jailed for a further six years in 2018 for sexually abusing boys between August 1986 and August 1994. Three other men linked to the club have been jailed for abusing boys in recent years.

Legal papers were lodged in June on behalf of a survivor who is seeking compensation from Celtic FC. The case is expected to be heard within months and another 20 people are set to sue the club. This year Celtic FC said they were “very sorry” the abuse happened but have insisted the boys’ club was an entirely separate entity with which it had “historic connections”.

Writing in his new autobiography, Only Here For A Visit, Brazil, 61, said: “For years, Celtic’s official line was that the Boys Club was a separate organisation, that they were not legally culpable and therefore wouldn’t be issuing an apology.

“I understood why they took that position because Celtic are a business and issuing an apology would have opened them up to maybe hundreds of compensation claims. But when I was a kid, I didn’t see any separation between Celtic Boys Club and the ‘big’ club. I wore the same strip, my blazer had the same badge and I was watched by Celtic scouts. As far as I was concerned I was playing for Celtic’s junior side. To say there was no connection isn’t right.

“This terrible story should not be about business and lawyers and money. It should be about the victims and Celtic supporters, people who have loved the club all their lives and feel let down. Celtic did finally make some sort of apology in 2020, but the victims of abuse deserve more than an apology, they deserve to be compensated.”

Recalling his experience, Brazil said Torbett took him and other young players to his home and gave them ice cream before molesting them.

Brazil, a former Ipswich Town striker, said Torbett’s latest sentence was “ridiculously lenient” and that he did not think he would be able to put his ordeal behind him until his abuser was dead.

He said: “He sat down next to me, started kissing my head and put his hand between my legs. I recall that I was wearing my Boys Club blazer and grey slacks, and can still picture the leer on his face. I froze for a couple of seconds, then a couple of lads walked in, at which point I jumped off the couch, ran to the bathroom and locked myself in.

“I’ve only hated one person in my life and that’s Jim Torbett. For as long as he’s alive, there will be a shadow hanging over me.”

It said: “The club is very sorry that these events took place. The abuse of young people is an abhorrent crime. Unfortunately it has affected many areas of society. With regard to the allegations regarding historic abuse at Celtic Boys Club (which, so far as we have been made aware, relate to prior to 1997), although Celtic FC is a separate organisation, we take these extremely seriously because of the historic contacts between the two organisations.”
Brazil is a much maligned character on here but this reminds us all that the guy is a victim and he is speaking as a victim in this article.

The comments section under the article is astonishing. Any mention of this subject seems to precipitate anger from some of the supporters of the club like no other. I think many of us come up against this kind of attitude in everyday life as well. I can't even start to comprehend this sort of reaction.

Absolutely disgusting, the status given to someone who is basically just an ambitious priest that rose through the ranks to get the top job in charge of a nation state and over a billion fanatical cult “followers” worldwide.
I don’t believe any religion but I would love to be proved wrong with a second coming of JC who would surely want nothing to do with the “holy see” and the corrupt apparatus surrounding it, hanging the lot of them out to dry.
Money, power, influence and raping small children seems to be their core objectives, the fact that so many ordinary “decent” people are willing to overlook this shows the frightening amount of power they have. CFC are just a microcosm of this with exactly the same values and aims.

An other nail in the "separate entity" coffin B.N. surely to Christ any sane Judge will be able to see what we can all see and hammer those bastards.

Of course it has but why didn't you do something to stop it in the area you had responsibility for? And why don't you now help those who suffered by admitting your role in enabling it to continue, covering (or attempting to) it up and do the decent thing and compensate those who suffered as a result of your (lack of) action?

Prior to 1997 is now mentioned in every response by them???

With regard to the allegations regarding historic abuse at Celtic Boys Club (which, so far as we have been made aware, relate to prior to 1997), although Celtic FC is a separate organisation

31st October. It is the end of the month Mr Maxwell: where is the report?
Again the SFA have let down survivors and families. The SFA stated 2 weeks ago that it was due before the end of the month. We thought this to be highly unlikely due to a certain perpetrator appearing in court yesterday on new charges which also never happened due to a backlog of unrelated cases.
There is absolutely no reason for this review not to be released. Is there something the SFA don’t want the public to see? Your guess is as good as mine.
We need a full independent inquiry headed by Westminster, and it should start with an investigation into the under qualified Scottish justice secretary. This individual is not fit for purpose.

Again the SFA have let down survivors and families. The SFA stated 2 weeks ago that it was due before the end of the month. We thought this to be highly unlikely due to a certain perpetrator appearing in court yesterday on new charges which also never happened due to a backlog of unrelated cases.
There is absolutely no reason for this review not to be released. Is there something the SFA don’t want the public to see? Your guess is as good as mine.
We need a full independent inquiry headed by Westminster, and it should start with an investigation into the under qualified Scottish justice secretary. This individual is not fit for purpose.

At least we can be confident that the mhedia will ask all the right probing questions and for it to be raised in the Scottish Parliament in the coming days: can't we?

This is why it is imperative that everyone reading these articles should copy and share to any and all forums and media they are on. As we know the MSM/Government here will need to be dragged kicking and screaming before they do their job. The only way we have any real power is to share every time you can, all it takes is for someone to mention "have you seen this" which could be enough to bring more survivors forward. This in turn could add the tiniest bit of evidence which could end this.

Paula Sheriff was an MP for Dewsbury and was defeated at the last election. She is standing for election to the Labour Party NEC. She was born in Glasgow but brought up in Carlisle.

Of more import is this, from her NEC election statement, “I spent a lifetime working in the public sector; a decade in a Police support role where I was awarded a judges commendation for supporting child victims of sex abuse then the front line of our amazing NHS for 12 years.”

She would be worthwhile getting onside for her contacts, influence, and knowledge

At least we can be confident that the mhedia will ask all the right probing questions and for it to be raised in the Scottish Parliament in the coming days: can't we?
Going by our correspondence with the SNP they have continually stated that they are awaiting the outcome of the SFA review.
We can assure you that we will go head to head with the SNP when this so called review is released. This is a political party that have that clubs apologists within their ranks. I think we can all agree on that.
No other government in any democratic country would hide behind a football association review. Some within their party can’t hide the fact of their racist and bigoted views. They have to be challenged on their inactions on this subject and complete silence towards the victims and survivors.
One day I hope to see certain individuals within their ranks forced to answer questions under oath on this issue.
We know survivors view this thread that suffered at that club and choose to stay in the background. That’s completely understandable and we respect that, but what we’ve learnt over the past few years is when a survivor comes forward they also bring information that puts another piece of the jigsaw together.
The world has to know what went on at that club and subsequently covered up for decades. No matter how long it takes.

Last edited:
BN94 I commend you and all the other people who are working tirelessly on outing these paedo bastards and the people who harboured and protected the dirty paedos for 50 years

The SNP Govt are a disgrace but that imposter Hum Ma Baws is nothing but a mentally challenged in a position he is way out of his league

I hope the team can out the SNP and prove they have colluded and aided abetted these paedo protectors and the mhedia whores who are ignoring the abuse victims as they were abused by their favourite team

Going by our correspondence with the SNP they have continually stated that they are awaiting the outcome of the SFA review.
We can assure you that we will go head to head with the SNP when this so called review is released. This is a political party that have that clubs apologists within their ranks. I think we can all agree on that.
No other government in any democratic country would hide behind a football association review. Some within their party can’t hide the fact of their racist and bigoted views. They have to be challenged on their inactions on this subject and complete silence towards the victims and survivors.
One day I hope to see certain individuals within their ranks forced to answer questions under oath on this issue.
We know survivors view this thread that suffered at that club and choose to stay in the background. That’s completely understandable and we respect that, but what we’ve learnt over the past few years is when a survivor comes forward they also bring information that puts another piece of the jigsaw together.
The world has to know what went on at that club and subsequently covered up for decades. No matter how long it takes.
Thanks BN 94 you are a credit for the work you have undertaken on behalf of all victims.

The work that everyone of you do , and the information that you collect and share , is absolutely outstanding .
Justice , and ( hopefully ) closure , for the victims is surely coming ; ( I know that a lot of people will still try their utmost hardest to prevent this ) .
Then the snp bastards , along with Every other lady's front bottom that covered this up and put barriers in the way , should be exposed and held to account - and Punished - Heavily .
Keep up the good fight , and the Excellent work that you are doing .

31st October. It is the end of the month Mr Maxwell: where is the report?
There's a lot of rses that they have to cover probably under instructions from some duplicitous religious and sporting organisations that find one of their own accidentally in the name and shame file so it needs all traces to be hidden again.
Of course they also have to spread the muck so as to smokescreen what everyone knows as the real predators gang it must be difficult to make a report without them and of course they will also be naming the SFA officials who knew.:rolleyes: The investigation is a sham.

Last edited:
Just read stephen mcgowans' page in The Daily Mail there , regarding the sfa csa report .
Tbf / tbh - it's not a bad article ; Doesn't mention c-ltic by name , but alludes to them - IF , like us , you know the facts .
Now ; given his background , allegiances and preferences ... Why .
Could it be that he ( and hopefully more ) , know what is going to be exposed ..?
Whilst he has not ( yet ) jumped ship , could he be abandoning a sinking vessel .... ?
Let's Hope So ; Let's hope that the tide is turning ......
ALL of the Good people on here involved in making this happen - Take a Bow .
Justice is paramount - God Bless You All .

If my opinion is wrong in this instance - I apologise ; But I sense something here ...

Just read stephen mcgowans' page in The Daily Mail there , regarding the sfa csa report .
Tbf / tbh - it's not a bad article ; Doesn't mention c-ltic by name , but alludes to them - IF , like us , you know the facts .
Now ; given his background , allegiances and preferences ... Why .
Could it be that he ( and hopefully more ) , know what is going to be exposed ..?
Whilst he has not ( yet ) jumped ship , could he be abandoning a sinking vessel .... ?
Let's Hope So ; Let's hope that the tide is turning ......
ALL of the Good people on here involved in making this happen - Take a Bow .
Justice is paramount - God Bless You All .

If my opinion is wrong in this instance - I apologise ; But I sense something here ...
Have you got a link to that pal I canny find it ta

Back