Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Yes. We had to find journalists willing to take it on. Of course Marc Horne has done an amazing job and continues to do so, but we want the world to know what’s happened under the name of that club.
We obviously can’t put some stuff on here due to the upcoming court cases.
One thing I can say is there is interest coming from Kearny. I can’t say anymore at the moment and I apologise for that, but it’s purely because of legalities.
We have also found past Celtic officials that were thought couldn’t be found. Well we’ve found them. One high profile individual from the past has also been found.
Can I also just say this. We understand and share people’s frustration when they contact us, or post on here why there has been no movement on this whole issue? It’s purely to do with upcoming court cases. Covid has definitely caused a backlog in the courts which has been another major stumbling block. There’s simply nothing we can do about that.
It won’t stop us from continuing to hunt these beasts and enablers down. The club still refuses to comment and ex-players and officials who knew continue to say nothing. How they sleep at night is beyond me.
Drip drip drip mate and eventually the drip will find a route right through to the end and wash all that’s rotten in its path away.

I was looking for the original Washington Post article
It's behind a paywall, but here's the text -

The Power To Keep Secrets Is Gone
When is a secret no longer a secret? You might say, when everyone knows about it. But recent headlines suggest that is not the right answer. The damning details of a Vatican investigation into the career of former cardinal Theodore McCarrick make a convincing case that everyone from seminarians to St. Peter’s - even sainted Pope John Paul II - knew of allegations that the charming priest shared beds with teenage boys. Yet the secret persisted for decades as McCarrick climbed the church hierarchy to become archbishop of D.C.

Meanwhile, former members of the Boy Scouts of America lodging sexual abuse claims against the organization now number more than 92,000. If all of them were gathered in one place, the massive Rose Bowl stadium in Pasadena, Calif., could not seat them all. BSA files, revealed through various lawsuits, make clear that the organization has known of its molestation problems from its early days.

It seems secrets can persist in uneasy equipoise with widespread knowledge of their existence. Athletes pass along quiet warnings about this coach or that trainer. Actors share what they know among themselves concerning this or that casting director. If and when the secret finally comes out, people wonder: How did they not know? Answer: Everyone knew!

The end of secrecy is not a matter of knowledge. It’s a question of power. An illustrative story from the Boy Scout files tells of a long-ago secret in a Pennsylvania town, where a pair of child-molesting Scout leaders had their ties to the organization hidden by local judges who served on the organization’s board.

In McCarrick’s case, the pope didn’t want to believe the allegations. He was the pope, the pope has power, end of story. The serial molester who preyed on elite female gymnasts, Larry Nassar, had the power to approve girls for competition and leveraged that power to keep his secret.

It’s no accident that the secrets of once-sacrosanct institutions - not just the Catholic Church and the Boy Scouts, but also Fox News and Hollywood, Penn State football and Ohio State wrestling, famous choirs and ivied prep schools - are surfacing in the digital age. Technology has wrested power from institutions and literally put it in the palms of individual hands (in open societies, at least).

The power shift has been so sudden and profound over the past generation that it’s hard to take it all in: the ease with which local incidents can become known worldwide; the power to share and search previously inaccessible files; the ability of victims to find one another and create supportive movements through social media. Crimes that might have been hushed up as aberrations in earlier times can now be woven into patterns of institutional failure. Organizations have lost the power to keep secrets.

This power shift had undone far more than just the cultures of coverup around sexual abuse. A U.S. Army intelligence analyst, Chelsea Manning, gave a trove of military and diplomatic secrets to WikiLeaks - a digital feat that could never have been accomplished with paper files. A CIA contractor, Edward Snowden, downloaded an estimated 1.7 million secret documents from U.S. intelligence services and allies and shared them with reporters. “John Doe,” an anonymous whistleblower, leaked more than 11 million documents from a Panamanian law firm that specialized in hiding money for the ultra-wealthy.

Louis Brandeis, who later became a Supreme Court justice, might have approved of these developments. In 1913, in an essay titled “What Publicity Can Do,” he wrote: “Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants.” But the tools of digital power are also being wielded by conspiracy theorists and propagandists. The battered institutions of the media no longer set the agenda nor define the terms of the national conversation. That power has shifted to individual consumers of content, who choose their own “facts” and form their own factions.

Just the other day, someone mentioned to me that a beloved movie star abuses children. It’s on the Internet, my friend reported. Everyone knows! But in this case, the secret that “everyone” knows isn’t true.

The word “revolutionary” is tossed around to describe every fad diet and every tweak of a minor widget. However, it is increasingly apparent that a genuine revolution is underway, one as profound as the invention of the printed word. Johannes Gutenberg’s 15th-century innovation was a sort of Internet 1.0, a way to share information cheaply and widely and quickly across space and time, and it shook the institutions of church and government as they had never been shaken before.

Innovations of our own time appear destined to rattle the world’s institutions down to the ground. The earthquake will continue to weaken institutional power over secrets that need to be exposed. At the same time, it will strengthen those who seek to spread disinformation and form communities of discontent. The sword cuts both ways, swiftly and sharply.

It already has, it's just the suppression of it and and the admissions have not came out yet, when the civil actions start no doubt we will find out lot's more, but when will the Natsis genuinely start to do something for these poor souls ?
I honestly believe that the stazi nazi party will do he-haw..reason being that a very very high %age of their brain dead like voters are sellik minded rodents and they would lose the rodents votes.

UK offenders convicted of directing and paying for livestreamed sexual abuse of Filipino children will serve on average only two years and four months in prison, before being released on license in the community. These are offenders who have spent several years, and often thousands of pounds, to direct the sexual abuse of children.
The “two years four months In prison” implies a wide range of sentences as this will not include time spent on Home Detention Curfew. I will be writing to Sar@h Champion who penned this article
https://labourlist.org/2020/11/online-sexual-exploitation-of-children-needs-our-urgent-attention/ re silence in the Celtic Csa

Hi Sarah,

I am writing to you because of your your ongoing campaigning as evidenced in today’s article.

I don’t know if you can help but in Scotland there has been a festering sore of child sex abuse, mainly at one club, but reportedly covering three Scottish Premiership Clubs and others.

The Scottish Football Association commissioned a report and have refused to publish it on the grounds that it could affect criminal proceedings.

An ad hoc group was formed to support Michelle Gray @michellegray75 in her quest for justice for her brother, a victim, who have been campaigning for the release of the report.

Since the campaign started many victims have come forward and a number of perpetrators have been uncovered. A linkage of a network of sexual predators has been established - Saville, O’Brien, and a number of football coaches.

This group are being blocked by the Scottish establishment and more has appeared in the Washington Post than in any Scottish newspaper.

If you could give assistance in any form it would certainly be appreciated.

Boiling! bumped into mr jobsworth (See below)

i have appealed for a bear in Rotherham elsewhere on this site and they can put her on the spot

Thank you for the clarification.

Unfortunately, Parliamentary rules on representation are strict and require your request to be directed to your own MP.

Should you be unaware of who your MP is, you can find out by visiting: https://members.parliament.uk/members/commons

I am sorry I cannot be of more assistance.

Kind regards

Alexander Guest
Parliamentary Assistant and Senior Caseworker to Sarah Champion MP
Member of Parliament for Rotherham

A true crime podcast I listen to has an episode up about the Lawrence Haggart case.

Not sure if CBC get a mention as not managed to listen yet but sure it will interest people on this thread.

listened to it this morning, very disturbing, It concentrates on Beattie and doesn't mention the fact the club Lawrence played for was operating a pedophile ring

A true crime podcast I listen to has an episode up about the Lawrence Haggart case.

Not sure if CBC get a mention as not managed to listen yet but sure it will interest people on this thread.

This case should be reopened and thoroughly investigated as the case absolutely stinks of corruption.

Latest posts

Back