Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

A sticker is one thing and would get it out to a lot of people but would it reach the people who can make a difference?

i would suggest that a coordinated email campaign to every MP, MSP, MLA ( I forget the Welsh acrony) on just one day might be more effective Especially when coupled with a cc shown on every one to newsdesks and programmes

It would require a bit of planning but all done at one time would mean that no representative could deny knowledge. That no MP or producer could ignore in case they were seen to be on the wrong side of the fence and/ or allow their production to be playing catch up with the rest of the media
Every SMP's have been contacted some more than once

I have been asking the same thing for months we were told in 2019 it would be out Early in the New Year that was last year
Goldberg one should anytime soon on You Tube I think the last we heard unless anyone wants to pick it up for TV and Dan Gordon's is done just waiting on right time for release. As far as is known Dan Gordon's is mostly English based but does feature a Scottish club throughout.

Extract from story
“The regime described in the report wasn’t imposed on us by any foreign power,” the taoiseach, Micheál Martin, told a news conference. “We did this to ourselves as a society. We treated women exceptionally badly, we treated children exceptionally badly.”
Ireland had a completely warped attitude to sexuality and intimacy, he said. “Young mothers and their sons and daughters were forced to pay a terrible price for that.

All to familiar story....

Extract from story
“The regime described in the report wasn’t imposed on us by any foreign power,” the taoiseach, Micheál Martin, told a news conference. “We did this to ourselves as a society. We treated women exceptionally badly, we treated children exceptionally badly.”
Ireland had a completely warped attitude to sexuality and intimacy, he said. “Young mothers and their sons and daughters were forced to pay a terrible price for that.

All to familiar story....
This is a stain on the Christianity cult as a whole as Protestants didn’t fare kindly in this report either, if people are going to reply saying tims are evil and prodies are good don’t bother as all religions are a series of mind bending nonsense designed to control at all cost Tims and Muslims just seem to be particularly good at it, as are Jews and scientologists.

McCafferty held his hands up and admitted it, which was a little surprising at the time. However, has he ever opened up on whether the Celtic hierarchy knew about his and others conduct, and whether it was covered up? Did he say whether he was aware of what Torbett and others were also up to, or if there were rings operating between those at the club, and also with other clubs?

Also, has has anyone within at the time Celtic shed any insight into how Kelly and McGinn’s business relationships operated? On the surface it looks as if Torbett was effectively money laundering money on their behalf via the Trophy Centre.

A beast singing like a canary when caught. This dirty bastard knows more. A predator who’s aim was to satisfy other beasts and has links down south to prove it.
You would think the police would have asked a whole load of relevant questions during interviews. If anything that could have been used against others, then you would hope it would have come out in the wash. I just can’t see how the lot of them acted in the same way, over decades, with protection from the board, yet would not been aware of what each other were up to.

Can interview transcriptions or videos be released under FOI? I am guessing highly doubtful, had a look online but can’t see anything that’s states either way, but there was a distinct lack of information released at the time of his verdict.

We have an update on Cairney appearance at court this morning..

He did not attend court but his lawyer pleaded not guilty on his behalf at Glasgow Sheriff Court to sexually and physically assaulting three teenagers at Celtic Park, Barrowfield, Aviemore and in a car between 1979 and 1989. He was granted bail and a further hearing was set for March.

Ex-Celtic Boys Club chief Frank Cairney accused of assaulting two teens at Celtic Park and former training grounds

Francis Cairney, 85, is also charged with indecently assaulting another teenage boy at a hotel room in Aviemore and in a car in Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire on various occasions between August 1 1988 and June 30 1989 .

A man is accused of indecently assaulting two teenagers at Celtic Park and the club's former Barrowfield training ground.

Francis Cairney, 85, is also charged with indecently assaulting another teenage boy at a hotel room in Aviemore and in a car in Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire on various occasions between August 1 1988 and June 30 1989 .

Prosecutors claim a boy aged between 15 and 16 was earlier assaulted within a car in Paisley , Renfrewshire and in the dressing rooms at Barrowfield between July 1 1978 and June 30 1979 .

The charge states that the boy was repeatedly touched on the thigh by Cairney.

Cairney is further charged with repeatedly punching and slapping the same boy to his head and body at Barrowfield.

It is also alleged that Cairney assaulted another boy aged between 15 and 18 within the Barrowfield dressing rooms as well as Celtic Park between February 1,1986 and December 31, 1988 .

It is claimed Cairney repeatedly hugged him, repeatedly placed his hands underneath his clothing and repeatedly touched his back, stomach, thigh, groin, buttocks and genitals.

Cairney, who did not attend court, pled not guilty to the charges through his defence advocate Mark Lutton at a hearing in Glasgow Sheriff Court.

Ex-Celtic Boys Club chief Frank Cairney accused of assaulting two teens at Celtic Park and former training grounds

A man is accused of indecently assaulting two teenagers at Celtic Park and the club's former Barrowfield training ground.

Prosecutors claim a boy aged between 15 and 16 was earlier assaulted within a car in Paisley , Renfrewshire and in the dressing rooms at Barrowfield between July 1 1978 and June 30 1979 .

The charge states that the boy was repeatedly touched on the thigh by Cairney.

Cairney is further charged with repeatedly punching and slapping the same boy to his head and body at Barrowfield.

It is also alleged that Cairney assaulted another boy aged between 15 and 18 within the Barrowfield dressing rooms as well as Celtic Park between February 1,1986 and December 31, 1988 .

It is claimed Cairney repeatedly hugged him, repeatedly placed his hands underneath his clothing and repeatedly touched his back, stomach, thigh, groin, buttocks and genitals.

Cairney, who did not attend court, pled not guilty to the charges through his defence advocate Mark Lutton at a hearing in Glasgow Sheriff Court.
It's not going away BN94 is it? Every bear with twitter should follow the spotlight page.

Reading this gives me a bad feeling about a man i once knew years ago when I was a kid.

This guy was known to us local kids as "Irish Danny". It wasnt a team exactly ..he would just show up at the park and start organising games.....it may be all innocent but this guy used to take kids to the chippy and buy them chips sweets ginger ect.....just like Torbett used to do.

Me and my mates never went to the chip shop ..we viewed those who did as ponces leaching off him. I only played once or twice them we just done our own thing.

I never heard anything myself untoward about the guy but the behaviour fits a pattern....being a kid it all seemed innocent at the time...but now?

Back