Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Ex-Celtic Boys Club chief Frank Cairney accused of assaulting two teens at Celtic Park and former training grounds

Francis Cairney, 85, is also charged with indecently assaulting another teenage boy at a hotel room in Aviemore and in a car in Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire on various occasions between August 1 1988 and June 30 1989 .

A man is accused of indecently assaulting two teenagers at Celtic Park and the club's former Barrowfield training ground.

Francis Cairney, 85, is also charged with indecently assaulting another teenage boy at a hotel room in Aviemore and in a car in Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire on various occasions between August 1 1988 and June 30 1989 .

Prosecutors claim a boy aged between 15 and 16 was earlier assaulted within a car in Paisley , Renfrewshire and in the dressing rooms at Barrowfield between July 1 1978 and June 30 1979 .

The charge states that the boy was repeatedly touched on the thigh by Cairney.

Cairney is further charged with repeatedly punching and slapping the same boy to his head and body at Barrowfield.

It is also alleged that Cairney assaulted another boy aged between 15 and 18 within the Barrowfield dressing rooms as well as Celtic Park between February 1,1986 and December 31, 1988 .

It is claimed Cairney repeatedly hugged him, repeatedly placed his hands underneath his clothing and repeatedly touched his back, stomach, thigh, groin, buttocks and genitals.

Cairney, who did not attend court, pled not guilty to the charges through his defence advocate Mark Lutton at a hearing in Glasgow Sheriff Court.
Has hudson county been informed of this yet?.

Delaying further the SFA enquiry reports being issued due to ongoing legal cases?

Absolutely nothing to suggest we won't see further postponement when he's due back in court. This morning's development only serves to highlight how this is going to pan out. There is next to no appetite from the relevant authorities to get this case over with. That right there tells its own story.

Absolutely nothing to suggest we won't see further postponement when he's due back in court. This morning's development only serves to highlight how this is going to pan out. There is next to no appetite from the relevant authorities to get this case over with. That right there tells its own story.
Well we’re not going to give up. I can also tell you that there are journalists ready to pounce on this when they can, and interest is also developing outside Scotland.
Spotlight also holds more evidence that will be released at the correct time. Our ultimate aim is a full independent inquiry by a real government. Not the under qualified apologists within the SNP. Also this morning was a hearing for the beast to enter his plea. Nothing was postponed.

I think it’s fair to say if that rancid club didn’t have the protection of the RC church and this disgraceful government, media and past bodies it would of been closed down in disgrace decades ago. Any other club or business with this rap sheet would of been boarded up and left to rot. It’s a scandal.

Well done UJ2.

Nothing will stop us, as BN94 has said.

And thanks to you & anyone else who is actively helping us get this story known throughout the world.
It's a must G. , I need to watch what I post but I choose certain ones as a political dig too plus the Spotlight stuff gets right under their skin ...they know what's coming ... they just don't want to see it.
Since I started posting on fb with regards to this they have went from being mouthy, denying wank stains to almost silence with the Spotlight posts.

KEEP IT GOING LADS AND LASSIES

It's a must G. , I need to watch what I post but I choose certain ones as a political dig too plus the Spotlight stuff gets right under their skin ...they know what's coming ... they just don't want to see it.
Since I started posting on fb with regards to this they have went from being mouthy, denying want stains to almost silence with the Spotlight posts.

KEEP IT GOING LADS AND LASSIES

Class.

Well we’re not going to give up. I can also tell you that there are journalists ready to pounce on this when they can, and interest is also developing outside Scotland.
Spotlight also holds more evidence that will be released at the correct time. Our ultimate aim is a full independent inquiry by a real government. Not the under qualified apologists within the SNP. Also this morning was a hearing for the beast to enter his plea. Nothing was postponed.
Not suggesting for a minute you give up. A point I've made to others on here several times. The elephant in the room though is time!
The guilty, and the people who facilitated their crimes are all of a certain age now and their testimony could be lost forever is my worry. Even if one of them were lost to this pandemic for example , what a travesty of justice that would be and conversely how convenient for certain organisations. My apologies for the point regards the hearing this morning. I never realised that was only to enter his plea. If I'm frustrated with the lack of action, I can only imagine how you must feel but ultimately I think we all want the same outcome.

Not suggesting for a minute you give up. A point I've made to others on here several times. The elephant in the room though is time!
The guilty, and the people who facilitated their crimes are all of a certain age now and their testimony could be lost forever is my worry. Even if one of them were lost to this pandemic for example , what a travesty of justice that would be and conversely how convenient for certain organisations. My apologies for the point regards the hearing this morning. I never realised that was only to enter his plea. If I'm frustrated with the lack of action, I can only imagine how you must feel but ultimately I think we all want the same outcome.
Patience my friend. Believe us we share the frustration. The SNP will be remembered for many failures, but on this their ignorance is bordering on criminal. What the survivors and families are going through is heartbreaking. I don’t really want to comment on that club and their lack of support to the children that were proud to pull on that jersey. A disgusting organisation that’s been supported by politicians and friends in high places for many years.

A former senior figure at Celtic FC’s feeder club has been charged with carrying out sexual abuse at Parkhead and a training ground used by first team players.
Frank Cairney 85, who served as general manager of Celtic Boys’ Club from 1974 until 1991, has been charged with sexually and physically abusing three teenagers over an 11-year period.
Prosecutors claim that he attacked the youths on a number of occasions between 1978 and 1989 within “Celtic Park football ground, Parkhead”, Barrowfield training ground, Glasgow, a hotel room in Aviemore in the Highlands and in a car.
It is alleged that on various occasions between February 1, 1986, and December 31, 1988, Mr Cairney indecently assaulted a youth, then aged between 15 and 18, at Celtic Park and Barrowfield.
It is said that he repeatedly hugged the teenager, placed his hands underneath his clothing and touched his thigh, groin, buttocks and penis.
Mr Cairney is also alleged to have indecently assaulted another youth, aged between 15 and 16, “within a car in Paisley and within a car and the dressing rooms at Barrowfield training ground, Glasgow”, between July 1, 1978 and June 30, 1979.
Between the same dates he is also said to have repeatedly punched and slapped the boy on the head and body in a dressing room at Barrowfield.
Mr Cairney is also alleged to have indecently assaulted a third youth, aged between 15 and 16, “at a hotel room in Aviemore and within a car in Cumbernauld” on a number of occasions between August 1, 1988 and June 30, 1989.
Celtic Boys’ Club took part in a series of tournaments held in Aviemore over a number of years.

Barrowfield, which is next to Parkhead, was used as a training ground by both Celtic FC and the boys’ club at the time of the alleged incidents.
It is still owned by the club.
Mr Cairney, who did not appear, pleaded not guilty to all of the charges through his lawyer Mark Lutton at a hearing at Glasgow sheriff court today.
Mr Lutton said: “The defence is not prepared for trial.”
Claire Wallace, the procurator fiscal depute, confirmed that the Crown was ready for a trial, which is expected to last for four days.
A further hearing was set for March by Sheriff Alan Mackenzie. Mr Cairney, of Uddingston, South Lanarkshire, had his bail continued.
He took over as manager of Celtic Boys’ Club in 1974, replacing Jim Torbett, the founder of the feeder club.
Mr Cairney resigned from the club in 1991.
On July 29, 1994, the Celtic View, the club magazine, lauded Mr Cairney as “one of the great unsung heroes of the Celtic story”.

A former senior figure at Celtic FC’s feeder club has been charged with carrying out sexual abuse at Parkhead and a training ground used by first team players.
Frank Cairney 85, who served as general manager of Celtic Boys’ Club from 1974 until 1991, has been charged with sexually and physically abusing three teenagers over an 11-year period.
Prosecutors claim that he attacked the youths on a number of occasions between 1978 and 1989 within “Celtic Park football ground, Parkhead”, Barrowfield training ground, Glasgow, a hotel room in Aviemore in the Highlands and in a car.
It is alleged that on various occasions between February 1, 1986, and December 31, 1988, Mr Cairney indecently assaulted a youth, then aged between 15 and 18, at Celtic Park and Barrowfield.
It is said that he repeatedly hugged the teenager, placed his hands underneath his clothing and touched his thigh, groin, buttocks and penis.
Mr Cairney is also alleged to have indecently assaulted another youth, aged between 15 and 16, “within a car in Paisley and within a car and the dressing rooms at Barrowfield training ground, Glasgow”, between July 1, 1978 and June 30, 1979.
Between the same dates he is also said to have repeatedly punched and slapped the boy on the head and body in a dressing room at Barrowfield.
Mr Cairney is also alleged to have indecently assaulted a third youth, aged between 15 and 16, “at a hotel room in Aviemore and within a car in Cumbernauld” on a number of occasions between August 1, 1988 and June 30, 1989.
Celtic Boys’ Club took part in a series of tournaments held in Aviemore over a number of years.

Barrowfield, which is next to Parkhead, was used as a training ground by both Celtic FC and the boys’ club at the time of the alleged incidents.
It is still owned by the club.
Mr Cairney, who did not appear, pleaded not guilty to all of the charges through his lawyer Mark Lutton at a hearing at Glasgow sheriff court today.
Mr Lutton said: “The defence is not prepared for trial.”
Claire Wallace, the procurator fiscal depute, confirmed that the Crown was ready for a trial, which is expected to last for four days.
A further hearing was set for March by Sheriff Alan Mackenzie. Mr Cairney, of Uddingston, South Lanarkshire, had his bail continued.
He took over as manager of Celtic Boys’ Club in 1974, replacing Jim Torbett, the founder of the feeder club.
Mr Cairney resigned from the club in 1991.
On July 29, 1994, the Celtic View, the club magazine, lauded Mr Cairney as “one of the great unsung heroes of the Celtic story”.
Disgusting in every sense of the word and the powers to be at Celtic Football Club protected these sick repulsive paedophiles.

It's unbelievable, but then again, if you know their history, it's not.

Just walked round to my local takeaway. I get on fine with the younger guy behind counter, he's a Tim. He asked me if I wanted "the usual"
I said " no. I'm gonna order by the menu number mate. Gimme number 10. NA. Scratch that. Gimme a 55"
Wee guy chuckles.
Next thing I hear is "sevco"
Turned round and here is the delivery driver trying to rip the piss. Cvnt was about 60.
The bold yin (me) mentions Pacific shelf. The cvnt looks perplexed.
"What you on about" says he.
"If you know your history, you'd know" says me.
I mentioned CSA.
Blanked.
My order came.
Then I said to the entire audience (6 people) sevco is an acronym for
Separate
Entity
Victim
Compensation
Order

Just walked round to my local takeaway. I get on fine with the younger guy behind counter, he's a Tim. He asked me if I wanted "the usual"
I said " no. I'm gonna order by the menu number mate. Gimme number 10. NA. Scratch that. Gimme a 55"
Wee guy chuckles.
Next thing I hear is "sevco"
Turned round and here is the delivery driver trying to rip the piss. Cvnt was about 60.
The bold yin (me) mentions Pacific shelf. The cvnt looks perplexed.
"What you on about" says he.
"If you know your history, you'd know" says me.
I mentioned CSA.
Blanked.
My order came.
Then I said to the entire audience (6 people) sevco is an acronym for
Separate
Entity
Victim
Compensation
Order
Well done mate. Never let them away with anything.

I see within Hugh Keevins column today regarding Liewell there is the following comment amongst other criticisms

“Poor judgement concerning an issue that has left an indelible stain on the club’s reputation”

I wonder what he is talking about? Has he broken silence on the subject he has refused to discuss?

I see within Hugh Keevins column today regarding Liewell there is the following comment amongst other criticisms

“Poor judgement concerning an issue that has left an indelible stain on the club’s reputation”

I wonder what he is talking about? Has he broken silence on the subject he has refused to discuss?
Most probably talking about the Dubai jolly which has bitten them on the arse.

Shoo refuses to even broach the subject and has threatened to resign if it's ever brought up on SSB.

Shoo is obvious and blatantly hiding something

The words "our boys" should be on their own enough to blow this separate entity pish clean out the water B.N.
Believe us. There’s definitely more to come. Obviously with a certain court case coming up we can’t release it at the moment and again we apologise for this, but I’m sure the people who have followed this will fully understand our position.

Believe us. There’s definitely more to come. Obviously with a certain court case coming up we can’t release it at the moment and again we apologise for this, but I’m sure the people who have followed this will fully understand our position.
You have absolutely nothing to apologise for.

I'm sure I speak for everyone on here when I say that we all trust you and your guys judgement 100%.

Talking of the Elephant in the room. I believe it has now grown to a full herd, as the number of the guilty who have been called out by name have still to come out and try to sue the person/people making the allegation/s. Why don't they do this?

For me this says so much more. Imagine, the first one who steps out of the shadows to sue would bring the whole thing tumbling down on the others. There must be many folk in government, law, judiciary, msm, football and churches who cannot get 30 mins unbroken sleep without jumping out of bed sweating each time the doorbell/phone rings or a police car drives by with the siren going. Sweet dreams arseholes.

tick tock tick tock

The big thing for me is the ex players/pundits that can call the separate entity bullshit out. Nicholas, Mcstay, Bonner (BBC) Grant, Rough ( plz soccer), walker (sky), keevins to name a small few who know this is a lie. They would be supportimg the victims

In an ideal world.....but Walker and Nicolas However critical they have been of nonceco recently would never go that far and divulge such dark secrets that would damage the club and reputation beyond repair

The big thing for me is the ex players/pundits that can call the separate entity bullshit out. Nicholas, Mcstay, Bonner (BBC) Grant, Rough ( plz soccer), walker (sky), keevins to name a small few who know this is a lie. They would be supportimg the victims
I’ve said it before - Keevins knows what was going on.

An old school journalist who operated in the days when journalists had their ears to the ground for gossip and who had contacts within clubs. Keevins was best pals with Tommy Burns who was a big supporter of Frank Cairney.

The notion that Keevins hadn’t heard the rumours about CBC from the 70’s onwards is ludicrous.

The dogs in the street had heard the rumours. I was just a young kid but even I and my pals had heard the stories about CBC.

In an ideal world.....but Walker and Nicolas However critical they have been of nonceco recently would never go that far and divulge such dark secrets that would damage the club and reputation beyond

In an ideal world.....but Walker and Nicolas However critical they have been of nonceco recently would never go that far and divulge such dark secrets that would damage the club and reputation beyond repair
True mate

Back