Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The folk whose dirty fingerprints are all over this review better watch out when an independent review takes place. This is absolutely shocking.

Keep up the good work bears, they think their team is in Bother, a bit like being in your cabin on the Titanic ,and you notice you have a dripping tap in your room, and when you speak to Captain Smith in the morning you are going to vigorously complain too him about dripping water, the victims must be heard, and its the people on here that are doing that well done.

Talking of the Elephant in the room. I believe it has now grown to a full herd, as the number of the guilty who have been called out by name have still to come out and try to sue the person/people making the allegation/s. Why don't they do this?

For me this says so much more. Imagine, the first one who steps out of the shadows to sue would bring the whole thing tumbling down on the others. There must be many folk in government, law, judiciary, msm, football and churches who cannot get 30 mins unbroken sleep without jumping out of bed sweating each time the doorbell/phone rings or a police car drives by with the siren going. Sweet dreams arseholes.

tick tock tick tock
Nearly all Roman Catholics protecting one another by a false belief that a confession to a priest will save them and cleanse their souls, their day will come maybe sooner than they expected.
I sincerely hope it's time for the victims, survivors and their families who have been through hell to introduce the enablers and people who cover up or have selective memories to sample what they have been through.

This lassie talks about Rennie and Strachan and how they wormed their way into working with kids.

She is saying they are due for release anytime soon as their original convictions were slashed on appeal.
That is absolutely horrendous so why isn't there a massive movement against these horrific crimes, and the people who cover it up like the Grooming Gangs if Black Lives Matter what about these lives, what they don't matter ?

Gymnastics had a report of mental abuse of some of the wee lassie gymnasts and a report was set up within 6 weeks. The delay with this makes you wonder just who is involved behind the s thats wh
Gymnastics had a report of mental abuse of some of the wee lassie gymnasts and a report was set up within 6 weeks. The delay with this makes you wonder just who is involved behind the scenes.
Utter scum thats who sadly

Nearly all Roman Catholics protecting one another by a false belief that a confession to a priest will save them and cleanse their souls, their day will come maybe sooner than they expected.
I sincerely hope it's time for the victims, survivors and their families who have been through hell to introduce the enablers and people who cover up or have selective memories to sample what they have been through.

When you receive Holy Communion, you’re intimately united with Jesus Christ — he literally becomes part of you. Also, by taking Holy Communion, you express your union with all Catholics who believe the same doctrines, obey the same laws, and follow the same leaders. This sense of participation in a larger community is why Catholics (and Eastern Orthodox Christians) have a strict law that only people who are in communion with the Church can receive Holy Communion. In other words, only those who are united in the same beliefs are allowed to receive Holy Communion.

Roman Catholic Omerta.

When you receive Holy Communion, you’re intimately united with Jesus Christ — he literally becomes part of you. Also, by taking Holy Communion, you express your union with all Catholics who believe the same doctrines, obey the same laws, and follow the same leaders. This sense of participation in a larger community is why Catholics (and Eastern Orthodox Christians) have a strict law that only people who are in communion with the Church can receive Holy Communion. In other words, only those who are united in the same beliefs are allowed to receive Holy Communion.

Roman Catholic Omerta.

And as an infant you dont have any choice in the matter either.....literally enslaved into the mind benders cult

No doubt the status quo will remain hiding behind NDA'S and reminding all of the
scurrilous remarks about?
Confidentiality agreements, obstruction of justice, unfortunately expect the dereliction of duty to continue. The party line will not change, typically sanctimonious claptrap from the top. However the spotlight team is on the case and for that organisation and its allies there is no hiding place.

And as an infant you dont have any choice in the matter either.....literally enslaved into the mind benders cult
I worry about this alot as my young son attends a school that is predominantly Catholic. Unfortunately this was unavoidable. However his school do not practise religion really until the major holidays. I received consent forms for mass and stuff, always refused. However one good thing that has come from this ultra pc world is that religion is not pushed on our children like when I was youngq, well in this country.
This just my experience really

Roman Catholic Omerta.
What utter nonsense, hearing about this strange cults bizarre rituals and mumbo jumbo only serves to reaffirm my belief as a Snake Handler, the one true faith ;)
Seriously though when will people wake up to the fact that the corporate world of religion = money, sex, control, influence, suffering, death, perversion, fraud and treachery. Causing more misery than good over the centuries.
Wishing imaginary friends were real doesn’t make it so, praying to “god” your offer on a house gets accepted or your son does well at his interview whilst hundreds of thousands of children are dying agonising deaths from bone cancer or any number of horrifying diseases or suffering from neglect or being raped by a football coach. If I’m wrong and there is a god, he’s either totally impotent and has no power to stop this or he’s an evil bastard.
I’m drunk so I apologise in advance for any offence caused, I think every contributor to this depressing but essential thread wants the same outcome, so let’s agree on that.

What utter nonsense, hearing about this strange cults bizarre rituals and mumbo jumbo only serves to reaffirm my belief as a Snake Handler, the one true faith ;)
Seriously though when will people wake up to the fact that the corporate world of religion = money, sex, control, influence, suffering, death, perversion, fraud and treachery. Causing more misery than good over the centuries.
Wishing imaginary friends were real doesn’t make it so, praying to “god” your offer on a house gets accepted or your son does well at his interview whilst hundreds of thousands of children are dying agonising deaths from bone cancer or any number of horrifying diseases or suffering from neglect or being raped by a football coach. If I’m wrong and there is a god, he’s either totally impotent and has no power to stop this or he’s an evil bastard.
I’m drunk so I apologise in advance for any offence caused, I think every contributor to this depressing but essential thread wants the same outcome, so let’s agree on that.
Well said!

While I agree with your general premise, as with all things, there is, imho, a slight nuance.

I do believe that the power of positive thought helps determine your fate in life. I've experienced this in real life.

I'm in no way a religious person. I have my own faith but I have a very deep mistrust of organized religion, for the very reasons you mention here. Reasons most of us all recognize. My faith is that I do believe in the golden rule and that you get what you give out mostly. A type of karma I guess.

I had my own experience with extreme child abuse from a very early age. As far as I'm aware it was not sexual in nature and in no way am I claiming that I have gone through the absolute evil and disgusting experiences that these poor CSA victims have.

But I was shaped and my early experiences in life were very deeply affected by what was done to me by the people I trusted as a very small child. So much so that I was in a deep depression most of my life, never trusting anyone, expecting the worst out of life.

Then I read something profound that hit home with me; that the feelings I had were only the result of the predominant thoughts in my head. There is the biological side to this as there is brain chemistry involved but this realization changed my life because I realized that I was responsible for my own feelings. No outside force was. Obviously, again, this depends on your age and circumstances; but as a grown male adult, I had control of my own circumstances.

So I do believe those that pray, although I'm not one, are tapping into the power of positive thinking. The problem is that people corrupt that through organized religion. Man's existence throughout time has always been open to the corruption of other people.

And before I get the 'Polly Anna' bs comments, I had the same thoughts. There is a method called 'The Secret'; where they say if you envision you will get a check in the mail for 1,000 pounds eventually you will. I call that BS as well.

I do truly believe though that with the combination of positive thinking and corresponding real actions taken to attain your intended goal, that you can affect your future. Just as you can wallow in your own misery and create a very real horrible reality. I'm living proof of this, after decades of debilitating depression, I've broken that cycle.

The horrible reality for many is that the abuse they have experienced was so scarring and traumatic that getting out of that hole takes a monumental effort. My heart goes out to all those people and, like all of you, I will be very happy when the evil scumbags that enabled and inflicted this abuse on them are brought to justice.

I think that you have take religion out of this. All Catholics aren't paedophiles, nor are Muslims (referencing the cases in the North of England) . I guess there are even some Protestants that may be that way inclined!

There is no place in society for any person to abuse another (whether it be physical, mental, sexual or whatever) regardless of whatever religion they follow.

The general issue that you describe is that the Catholic Church works on a guilt basis, where (generally speaking) what happens to you is your fault, and you need to seek absolution and forgiveness. This principle, allows abusers to abuse with a degree of immunity (it wasn't me, it was you). This culture breeds secrecy and the potential for harm.

I have no doubt that the Celtic Boys Club created an environment for abuse to occur (this has already been proven with individuals convicted in court from CBC and at other (non specifically Catholic orientated environments) centres. We now should allow the legal process to be completed (I accept that it is frustrating how long this takes), for it to be finally proven in courts of law.

At that point, the victims of this crime, will get their justice (and we can only hope that the criminal justice system gets it right). Following that, a civil justice system, may (should in my view) accept that the victims if this travesty are entitled to some compensation for the lack of protection that was provided to them, by the very people that should have protected them.

Whether not not that brings these organisations (Celtic) to the brink of bankruptcy should not be our concern. Having these organisations standing up, in front of the world and admitting that they have failed these children, in their care, is far more important. Don't let this be about point scoring.

Justice (and compensation) for those harmed by abuse, regardless of the perpetrator.

I think that you have take religion out of this. All Catholics aren't paedophiles, nor are Muslims (referencing the cases in the North of England) . I guess there are even some Protestants that may be that way inclined!

There is no place in society for any person to abuse another (whether it be physical, mental, sexual or whatever) regardless of whatever religion they follow.

The general issue that you describe is that the Catholic Church works on a guilt basis, where (generally speaking) what happens to you is your fault, and you need to seek absolution and forgiveness. This principle, allows abusers to abuse with a degree of immunity (it wasn't me, it was you). This culture breeds secrecy and the potential for harm.

I have no doubt that the Celtic Boys Club created an environment for abuse to occur (this has already been proven with individuals convicted in court from CBC and at other (non specifically Catholic orientated environments) centres. We now should allow the legal process to be completed (I accept that it is frustrating how long this takes), for it to be finally proven in courts of law.

At that point, the victims of this crime, will get their justice (and we can only hope that the criminal justice system gets it right). Following that, a civil justice system, may (should in my view) accept that the victims if this travesty are entitled to some compensation for the lack of protection that was provided to them, by the very people that should have protected them.

Whether not not that brings these organisations (Celtic) to the brink of bankruptcy should not be our concern. Having these organisations standing up, in front of the world and admitting that they have failed these children, in their care, is far more important. Don't let this be about point scoring.

Justice (and compensation) for those harmed by abuse, regardless of the perpetrator.
It was never about point scoring but more about the hypocrisy and arrogance of the CFC and CBC perpetrators and enablers that they can think this way.
With the exception probably of Jock Stein that way of thinking relates to confessing to a priest and believing they had absolution from their sins it was not directed to any other paedophile groups.

Accountability ,responsibility ,duty of care and gross negligence ?
Lack of dignity, morality,integrity and compassion. ?
This is not about point scoring but about generations of young people, molested and sexually abused systematically within a world renowned institution.
Too this very day still in denial, failing to take ownership of its wrongdoing.
How this organisation is allowed to continue to function is a mystery ?

Peter Lawwell leaving Celtic and relinquishing control of Scottish football, may yet be a second disaster for them this season. If these pending cases are found guilty in the courts, and without his control of Scottish football, what then for Celtic and the entire system of governance of Scottish football- and maybe higher if deals are done? What media defence can be made when so-called journalists are left with no credibility, and have to admit "they knew."

Maybe some day their fans will look back upon today as part of the Halcyon days when they could compete at the top six of Scottish football.

I'm sorry if my words caused upset Nate
I'm in tears once again. Listening to the live chat from the girl on p.815 and the testimony from SWS is really too much to bear.

Rennie was righthand man to Martin Henry, the chairman of the SFA enquiry ffs. This government and establishment are so deeply involved that they have no intention of establishing the truth. Both the SFA and the Scottish Government have full knowledge of what has gone on and what continues to happen regarding covering up these crimes and to knowingly continue this cover up is the greatest crime ever in Scottish history. You will all be found out.

Please please to those in positions of influence, please give up your role in this horrendous crime, give up your position of power, give up your rights to the riches currently bestowed upon you, give up the charmed life and begin to divulge all you know because when it all comes out, which indeed it will, you will have not one fucking single degree on the compass in which to hide. You may not have committed the crimes but you can now do the right thing. You can see the tide turning, you can see the facts and details being established, you can almost hear the knock on your door and so by ignoring the soon to be exposure of all you knew, you are only further harming yourself, your families and your friends. Do the right thing now.

You have nowhere to hide and you must know this. Please give the victims their justice.

Their downfall when it comes and I mean both Celtic and the sfa is going to be saddened by the things that went on and the people who are covering it up. To this day a certain linesman will not put his neck on the line for justice and to do the right thing. He will read this and he knows I’m right.

Probably far more difficult than it sounds but with 6 Nations season coming up, I wonder if there's any way of the media (perhaps the likes of Goldberg?) trying to get some comments from the incoming CEO
Would it a leading question to ask him what attracted to him to work for an organisation that has for years colluded with and covered up with one of the worst group of paedophiles in sporting and indeed all history? Will he continue this ongoing investigation and will he complete it openly and honestly?

Back