Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

My friends brother played for Celtic first team. Not a regular but was on the bench a lot and scored. Went to KOllie same time as mccoist too,came up throughthe boys club and his life deteriorated soon after after K ilmarnock. Criminal record the lot for robbing his work. Family of huns too.May be worth talking to. DM if you wanna know name. I think he’s a serious candidate.
What do you mean "family of huns too?"

Gordon Woods owning Timothy on twitter.

ExpWtgdXEAYpmKM.jpg

ExpbSRsXAAIBquQ.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me the sheer ignorance, or wilful blindness, of their fans when discussing this matter. Does this individual not understand he is talking to a victim/survivor of this scandal? Gordon has even put that beside his name.

I will never understand how anyone, in terms of values and importance, can put a football club before the safety and well-being of kids.

That reply is phenomenal. Well done sir. Its a very serious subject but made me laugh.

Its horrific that there is people and a lot of them who will try destroy people livelihoods for trying to get justice for victims of CSA. All because the club they support harboured, protected and re-employed known pedophiles. They dont want to damage the reputation of the club. In truth its doing more damage with all the denials and seperate entity stuff. It also shows lessons haven't been learned.

I can say with my heart and hand I would be disgusted by my club had they conducted themselves in that manner. My heart goes out to all the victims of not just CBC but all victims of CSA and cant begin to imagine what it must be like.

Keep up the good fight lads and ladies and hope you get the justice the victims deserve.

Last edited:
The contradictions of the past fifty years at Celtic FC are not surprising ,everyone associated with that club should be reflecting on their role.
The deception and denials continue, however those responsible for the abuse and those contributing to the cover up are abhorrent.
A full independent inquiry into the Celtic scandal is long overdue ,victims from the last five decades deserve an explanation.
The spotlight team are an inspiration and the release of Adrian's documentary help get the message out.
All abuse is unacceptable how this scandal is allowed to manifest and continue to torment without proper redress is disgraceful. The separate entity club is the epicentre of the storm.

The contradictions of the past fifty years at Celtic FC are not surprising ,everyone associated with that club should be reflecting on their role.
The deception and denials continue, however those responsible for the abuse and those contributing to the cover up are abhorrent.
A full independent inquiry into the Celtic scandal is long overdue ,victims from the last five decades deserve an explanation.
The spotlight team are an inspiration and the release of Adrian's documentary help get the message out.
All abuse is unacceptable how this scandal is allowed to manifest and continue to torment without proper redress is disgraceful. The separate entity club is the epicentre of the storm.
Hopefully after the forthcoming election, CONSTANT SUSTAINED PRESSURE is brought to bear on the once again hopefully all new singing and dancing UNITY/UNIONIST CO-ALITION GOVERNMENT to " open the books " with regard to this rancid, odious scandal and all is laid bare for the world to see, warts n all.

The cultural mindset of generations of Celtic FC followers is a huge part of the problem. "None so blind as those that cannot see". Generations have been wronged at the hands of that organisation and no matter what evidence is presented, still denial. Until this changes significantly, is there any hope for a future ?

The cultural mindset of generations of Celtic FC followers is a huge part of the problem. "None so blind as those that cannot see". Generations have been wronged at the hands of that organisation and no matter what evidence is presented, still denial. Until this changes significantly, is there any hope for a future ?
I'd love to see the whole disgraceful episode being a MANDATORY TOPIC to be taught in EVERY UK SCHOOL.
To make kids aware of the danger.
Your thoughts troops

Above we have another one who denies. The only relevant information that was left out was because there’s a certain court case coming up.
Spotlights research was used in the documentary. We only state facts and the best is yet to come.

It feels wrong to be impatient for this information/news that you say has still to come, I just hope it finally brings the full thing crumbling down and the victims get there day in the sun

It feels wrong to be impatient for this information/news that you say has still to come, I just hope it finally brings the full thing crumbling down and the victims get there day in the sun
We’ve said it on here a few times. It’s frustrating that it can’t be shared at the moment but it’s only because of this court case coming up. There is more progress also being made on certain other issues on that club as we speak and again we apologise that we can’t share it.

We’ve said it on here a few times. It’s frustrating that it can’t be shared at the moment but it’s only because of this court case coming up. There is more progress also being made on certain other issues on that club as we speak and again we apologise that we can’t share it.

I takes aslong as it takes mate, aslong as justice is served at the end of it

Have Spotlight thought about contacting The Bureau of Investigative Journalism?

On their sight they ask if you have a story to tell.

Keep up the good work guys.

I hear exactly what you’re saying. It does get to you sometimes. We’re all human.
We strongly believe that one day the world will hear the truth on what went on at that club. It has to be heard.
If CFC were in the least bit genuine with their apologies to the Victims they should have at least contacted each and every one one of them or their Families and given face to face meetings with them , then discussed what they as a Club could do to help both the Victims and their Families to move forward together in righting the wrongs that happened to the lads while under the Club's care . I am sure CFC could have come out of this looking like a Club that genuinely cared instead of the humiliating denials of truth to protect it's "good name" which now lies in the gutters of depravity and inhumanity and will forever be known as a Club that protected paedos rather than young lads within their care . Shame on all those who knew and did SFA about it .

If CFC were in the least bit genuine with their apologies to the Victims they should have at least contacted each and every one one of them or their Families and given face to face meetings with them , then discussed what they as a Club could do to help both the Victims and their Families to move forward together in righting the wrongs that happened to the lads while under the Club's care . I am sure CFC could have come out of this looking like a Club that genuinely cared instead of the humiliating denials of truth to protect it's "good name" which now lies in the gutters of depravity and inhumanity and will forever be known as a Club that protected paedos rather than young lads within their care . Shame on all those who knew and did SFA about it .

The hawf arsed "apology" in legalese dodging that one word that would be a direct admission of wrongdoing........

SORRY

Back