Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

How on earth could any decent person support that club knowing now that all this child rape and suffering was taking place whilst under their care. Many at the time knew and did nothing as did many more who had their concerns, but now everybody knows yet still they support this club including the Justice Secretary himself. In any other situation you would be expected take a blowtorch to the place.

How on earth could any decent person support that club knowing now that all this child rape and suffering was taking place whilst under their care. Many at the time knew and did nothing as did many more who had their concerns, but now everybody knows yet still they support this club including the Justice Secretary himself. In any other situation you would be expected take a blowtorch to the place.
And there’s more to come Ally.

With the upcoming trial of the nameless one,does anyone know,if any of the survivors have lodged compensation claims against the paedo club via the courts/lawyers?.
Any compo claims could have an impact on their already mounting troubles on and off the park.
I believe the civil claims will start with a single case.
You only have to look at the freedom of information document posted by the Spotlight team to see how many cases there will be as a minimum.
Once the first case is dealt with the floodgates should open.
The payouts for sexual abuse in the uk courts is shockingly low however the sheer scale of them should mean a massive hit for Celtic.
If the payouts are on a par with what they have already paid out for McCaffertys victim then they are fucked

I believe the civil claims will start with a single case.
You only have to look at the freedom of information document posted by the Spotlight team to see how many cases there will be as a minimum.
Once the first case is dealt with the floodgates should open.
The payouts for sexual abuse in the uk courts is shockingly low however the sheer scale of them should mean a massive hit for Celtic.
If the payouts are on a par with what they have already paid out for McCaffertys victim then they are fucked

The financial hit will be a sore yin...

Reputations will be destroyed beyond repair ...after all ....this has been a common theme throughout this whole sorry self inflicted story ...they cared more for their "reputation" than the victims.

They really have dug a hole for themselves...Spotlight and others have produced hard evidence that tells a completely different story to the legalese "seperate entity" nonceco are trying to hide behind.

Last edited:

Reputations will be destroyed beyond repair ...after all ....this has been a common theme throughout this whole sorry self inflicted story ...they cared more for their "reputation" than the victims.

They really have dug a hole for themselves...Spotlight and others have produced hard evidence that tells a completely different story to the legalese "seperate entity" nonceco are trying to hide behind.
I think it might be helpful to know what kind of payouts the victims of of say Man City were paid out or any other Club in the Premier league especially just to compare against what CFC are intending to pay out and compare it to Liewell's wages and money spent on players past and present and the money their popular money feed Dermot pays out to buy players . I just hope the victims are not insulted if they suddenly " cannot afford to pay those sort of amounts "patter when they all have been living off the fat of the land for years . I hope the victim's lawyers are watching very closely at all the moves of trying to escape and evade justice .

Exactly mate, the reputational damage will be massive. Up till now they’ve been able to hold off any major mainstream revulsion and use PR to spin this image of a caring charitable organisation with wholesome family values. Once the full horror of what Spotlight has uncovered becomes public knowledge and people see they’ve employed a series of paedophiles who over decades have been raping children on company premises under the auspices of being football coaches whilst at corporate executive level knowingly and cynically engaging legal tactics to avoid accountability, adding to the suffering of victims and their families. What Brand would want to associate with that?
In Spotlight we trust, keep the bastards balls in a vice.

Last edited:
I think it might be helpful to know what kind of payouts the victims of of say Man City were paid out or any other Club in the Premier league especially just to compare against what CFC are intending to pay out and compare it to Liewell's wages and money spent on players past and present and the money their popular money feed Dermot pays out to buy players . I just hope the victims are not insulted if they suddenly " cannot afford to pay those sort of amounts "patter when they all have been living off the fat of the land for years . I hope the victim's lawyers are watching very closely at all the moves of trying to escape and evade justice .

One wonders if DD will hang around once the proverbial hits the fan?

Adidas must never be allowed to forget that they were warned about the club they were due to sponsor
What reputable company is still willingly doing business with this organisation after the disclosures of the past fifty years?
Marketing your reputation with this particular company could and should have damaging consequences.
Adidas, magners and dafabet will they reconsider their business partnership ?

Because they have no shame ! They have been brainwashed by liewell and his placemen in the media to create the narratives of separate entity and that anyone talking about abuse is point scoring ! Switch that to EBT’s and tax and these same people are all over it like a cheap suit. They have actively encouraged sectarianism to rise through their rank and file support to add to the cover up. Poor down trodden Irish Catholic community card played every five seconds when things go against them. Scum from cradle to the grave

I, like any normal person, find child abuse totally and utterly abhorrent. One thing I do not understand with the prosecution of these monsters is the sentencing. You batter someone on a Friday night, get charged with GBH and you get 5 years. These monsters plan, groom and then inflict physical abuse in a premeditated manner over and over again and end up with 12 months and a slap on the wrist! That is not justice. That simply says to victims that they are worthless and prolongs their agony. These monsters wreck lives and the justice system does not seem to recognise this!.

I, like any normal person, find child abuse totally and utterly abhorrent. One thing I do not understand with the prosecution of these monsters is the sentencing. You batter someone on a Friday night, get charged with GBH and you get 5 years. These monsters plan, groom and then inflict physical abuse in a premeditated manner over and over again and end up with 12 months and a slap on the wrist! That is not justice. That simply says to victims that they are worthless and prolongs their agony. These monsters wreck lives and the justice system does not seem to recognise this!.
Justice system may be implicated in this to some degree.

Question the priests that know what they have confessed to them because they know the whole rotten sordid story of what really went on, there's no seperate entity or shame that's for sure.
Is that possible? I was under the impression they cannot divulge confession.

Is that possible? I was under the impression they cannot divulge confession.
That is why they have been able to get away with covering up for so long, you are right they won't divulge the confession to the authorities they are above the law, it should be outlawed, who the fu@ck do they think they are when all they do is protect the scum of the earth.

That is why they have been able to get away with covering up for so long, you are right they won't divulge the confession to the authorities they are above the law, it should be outlawed, who the fu@ck do they think they are when all they do is protect the scum of the earth.

A: being sent away on the pretext of prayer reflection and penance?

Or B: that it's an excuse to get said dirty bheast out the road till we can fix this/ or for it to blow over and go away

Ill have option B please

Because like at celtic....there will be no investigation!

Would expect there will be a gradual reduction in companies and people wanting to be associated with that club, and they are less likely to get new supporters.

This isn't just a few bad apples, it's a problem that could potentially go back as far as the people who created the club. This would mean the club itself is the root of the problem.

A: being sent away on the pretext of prayer reflection and penance?

Or B: that it's an excuse to get said dirty bheast out the road till we can fix this/ or for it to blow over and go away

Ill have option B please

Because like at celtic....there will be no investigation!
This is a feckin crime, not an "ecumenical matter". The day must come when this kind of protection must be outlawed.

Torbetts reappearance imo was an opporchancity for financial gain and allowing him back was the price.

As shown on here he was an organiser and sat on the committee of several well known Celtic stars of the times Testimonials ....but was he officially employed by the club and "on the books" when he came back in this "administrative role"?

That's one to prove
He used to have the say on vendors wanting to sell Celtic related products. A friend of mine wanted to sell Celtic confectionery at games, he had to go in front of the board at that time and was introduced to their business advisor James Torbett.
He wanted £8k before they even started to discuss the opportunity. Torbett was well in with Celtic.

Adidas must never be allowed to forget that they were warned about the club they were due to sponsor
Please don't think this is me being flippant here...while watching a game a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the home club (sponsored by Addidas) pitch-side advertising boards were giving a lot of publicity to the "Predator Freak" line.

I assume that all clubs sponsored by them would also be obliged to run with the adverts unless it is too close to an uncomfortable truth. Is there any way to find out if one club has been given dispensation not to?

Please don't think this is me being flippant here...while watching a game a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the home club (sponsored by Addidas) pitch-side advertising boards were giving a lot of publicity to the "Predator Freak" line.

I assume that all clubs sponsored by them would also be obliged to run with the adverts unless it is too close to an uncomfortable truth. Is there any way to find out if one club has been given dispensation not to?
They have their own version, Humbug -

epNYfRD.jpg

Would expect there will be a gradual reduction in companies and people wanting to be associated with that club, and they are less likely to get new supporters.

This isn't just a few bad apples, it's a problem that could potentially go back as far as the people who created the club. This would mean the club itself is the root of the problem.
And given Bro Wally was a Marist priest and that' organisation has heavy previous for abuse.

Withholding crimes from a confession was made illegal in Australia if I remember correctly. However the priests stuck two fingers up at it and said no chance this happening. Sanctity of confession or some shite.

The cost of the Scottish child abuse inquiry has risen to more than £30,000 per day, latest figures have revealed.

From January to March this year the bill for the investigation into the abuse of children in care was £2.9 million. This brings the total costs of the inquiry that began in 2015 to £43.8 million.

Lady Smith, who is chairing the inquiry, postponed proceedings in January because of the Covid-19 lockdown. It was due to begin taking evidence about abuse of children at some of Scotland’s top boarding schools, including Gordonstoun and Fettes College.

Public hearings resumed on March 16, taking testimonies both in person and remotely. This week Don Boyd, a Scottish film director, told the inquiry that he was raped by a teacher whose behaviour reminded him of Harvey Weinstein.

A spokesman for the inquiry stressed that the team had been busy working while the hearings were on pause.

He said: “Staff have been able to work remotely, including continued work on investigations, reflection and analysis, preparation of case study findings and preparation for announced case studies. Planning work was also undertaken to resume hearings whilst ensuring the safety of staff, witnesses and members of the public.”

The spokesman added: “During this latest period of lockdown, the inquiry has continued to take statements remotely where it is appropriate to do so. From the middle of May, we will resume some face-to-face meetings where it is safe to do so, and where applicants and witnesses would like to meet with members of the inquiry team.

“Our witness support team continue operating the ‘Talk to Us’ phone line and supporting applicants and other witnesses throughout this challenging time.”

The inquiry staff publish details of their costs on their website regularly. The most recent update revealed that the bill for the first three months of 2021 was £2,909,832. This equates to expenditure of £32,331.46 daily.

In February, findings in relation to the Christian Brothers, who ran a school in Fife, were published.

During his career in the film industry Boyd said he had worked with Weinstein, who is now serving a 23-year sentence for rape and sexual assault.

Boyd, 72, told the inquiry: “I always thought at the time that I worked with Harvey that there were some strange similarities [with his experiences at school]. I noticed comparisons in the way that he handled people using both huge charm and intelligence and horrifying manipulative talents.

“Having been through what I’ve been through in coming forward to this inquiry, I’ve realised that those women who had the guts to say what they did about Harvey are immensely brave and brilliant women.

“It’s such a relief to me that they were able to bring him to book and he’s been properly punished.”

The cost of the Scottish child abuse inquiry has risen to more than £30,000 per day, latest figures have revealed.

From January to March this year the bill for the investigation into the abuse of children in care was £2.9 million. This brings the total costs of the inquiry that began in 2015 to £43.8 million.

Lady Smith, who is chairing the inquiry, postponed proceedings in January because of the Covid-19 lockdown. It was due to begin taking evidence about abuse of children at some of Scotland’s top boarding schools, including Gordonstoun and Fettes College.

Public hearings resumed on March 16, taking testimonies both in person and remotely. This week Don Boyd, a Scottish film director, told the inquiry that he was raped by a teacher whose behaviour reminded him of Harvey Weinstein.

A spokesman for the inquiry stressed that the team had been busy working while the hearings were on pause.

He said: “Staff have been able to work remotely, including continued work on investigations, reflection and analysis, preparation of case study findings and preparation for announced case studies. Planning work was also undertaken to resume hearings whilst ensuring the safety of staff, witnesses and members of the public.”

The spokesman added: “During this latest period of lockdown, the inquiry has continued to take statements remotely where it is appropriate to do so. From the middle of May, we will resume some face-to-face meetings where it is safe to do so, and where applicants and witnesses would like to meet with members of the inquiry team.

“Our witness support team continue operating the ‘Talk to Us’ phone line and supporting applicants and other witnesses throughout this challenging time.”

The inquiry staff publish details of their costs on their website regularly. The most recent update revealed that the bill for the first three months of 2021 was £2,909,832. This equates to expenditure of £32,331.46 daily.

In February, findings in relation to the Christian Brothers, who ran a school in Fife, were published.

During his career in the film industry Boyd said he had worked with Weinstein, who is now serving a 23-year sentence for rape and sexual assault.

Boyd, 72, told the inquiry: “I always thought at the time that I worked with Harvey that there were some strange similarities [with his experiences at school]. I noticed comparisons in the way that he handled people using both huge charm and intelligence and horrifying manipulative talents.

“Having been through what I’ve been through in coming forward to this inquiry, I’ve realised that those women who had the guts to say what they did about Harvey are immensely brave and brilliant women.

“It’s such a relief to me that they were able to bring him to book and he’s been properly punished.”
My like was for the last 2 paragraphs. The bravery shown by victims is immense respect.

They will be (are) the Ratners of the football world

It’s around 87/88.
So on or around the 2nd of January 1988, Gerry Britton, who is named in this article, wrote that he, as part of the reserves/ground staff, had a job after the Old Firm game.

That was to pick up the debris from the most shameful day in Scottish football. That’s exactly what a separate entity would do, don’t you think?
If I’m correct, the reserves back then would have to do everything from sweep the terracing, clean boots, even wash the managers’ car. Are we seeing this article not only show a link, but show an amalgamation between CBC and the reserve team?
Be ironic if the fans’ racism shone a light on the club’s deviants

So on or around the 2nd of January 1988, Gerry Britton, who is named in this article, wrote that he, as part of the reserves/ground staff, had a job after the Old Firm game.

That was to pick up the debris from the most shameful day in Scottish football. That’s exactly what a separate entity would do, don’t you think?
If I’m correct, the reserves back then would have to do everything from sweep the terracing, clean boots, even wash the managers’ car. Are we seeing this article not only show a link, but show an amalgamation between CBC and the reserve team?
Be ironic if the fans’ racism shone a light on the club’s deviants
Celtic Boys Club 100% carried out roles for Celtic FC like cleaning up the stadium, selling tickets, pitch clearing, functions etc etc
Spotlight has shown quite a few of these already.
There is absolutely no doubt that Celtic FC had control of Celtic Boys Club

Back