Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Its likely that agreements have been struck between influential people right across the board, to buy time until those with the darkest secrets have kicked the bucket. Until then no real questions are permitted and msps/mps simply copy and paste meaningless jargon as standard reply. With this the SNP secure the votes they desire, you could call the whole thing a protection racket.

Last edited:
It means I doubt parents would deliberately cover it up.
Isn't that exactly what signing a non disclosure agreement is?

It's unthinkable to you and I, but there are a number of instances where it has happened.

Between NDAs, professional contracts offered as sweeteners, Dornan admitting he knew, ex-players threatened by their own families to remain silent and the case of a player getting first team football off the back of being abused, I'll say parents definitely have aided in a cover up.

It's not even just an opinion, Dornan himself has admitted it.

The fact that this thread has been kicking about for over 2 years tells you all you need to know.
Disgrace that they will get away with this....again!

Isn't that exactly what signing a non disclosure agreement is?

It's unthinkable to you and I, but there are a number of instances where it has happened.

Between NDAs, professional contracts offered as sweeteners, Dornan admitting he knew, ex-players threatened by their own families to remain silent and the case of a player getting first team football off the back of being abused, I'll say parents definitely have aided in a cover up.

It's not even just an opinion, Dornan himself has admitted it.
Yep but I just can't get my head round what type of parent would allow this. Maybe I'm being naive but if those parents did condone this then they should be punished.

The fact that this thread has been kicking about for over 2 years tells you all you need to know.
Really? Please don’t take this the wrong way but I know quite a lot more than you.
This whole issue has been going on for 50 years as you’ll be well aware.
This, with all due respect is a forum. We tell people as much as we can, but believe me we don’t release everything.
Spotlight have put a lot of work into this. That much work that authorities come to us for answers along with certain press outlets. We’ve even been mentioned in Adrian Goldberg’s end credits.
The unfortunate thing is we can’t hand out punishment, we can only do the research and hand it to the correct people.
This network of beasts were well organised and worked together over decades. We’re not going to find everything overnight, but believe me we’ve found a lot that will shock people. We work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 3 years now. We’re in contact with individuals across the world that are also taking an interest. It’s a frustratingly slow process but it has to be done correctly. Who knows, you might be right, there may be no punishment but we’re about to hammer the final nail in the separate entity lie and there are also 2 known perpetrators going back to court. Unfortunately we have an apologist Scottish government. We strongly believe if it wasn’t for them then we’d also be a lot further forward.
I honestly do respect your opinion, but can I just remind posters that some survivors rely on this thread. Spotlight will never give up.

Really? Please don’t take this the wrong way but I know quite a lot more than you.
This, with all due respect is a forum. We tell people as much as we can, but believe me we don’t release everything.
Spotlight have put a lot of work into this. That much work that authorities come to us for answers along with certain press outlets. We’ve even been mentioned in Adrian Goldberg’s end credits.
The unfortunate thing is we can’t hand out punishment, we can only do the research and hand it to the correct people.
This network of beasts were well organised and worked together over decades. We’re not going to find everything overnight, but believe me we’ve found a lot that will shock people. We work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 3 years now. We’re in contact with individuals across the world that are also taking an interest. It’s a frustratingly slow process but it has to be done correctly. Who knows, you might be right, there may be no punishment but we’re about to hammer the final nail in the separate entity lie and there are also 2 known perpetrators going back to court. Unfortunately we have an apologist Scottish government. We strongly believe if it wasn’t for them then we’d also be a lot further forward.
I honestly do respect your opinion, but can I just remind posters that some survivors rely on this thread. Spotlight will never give up.
Well said, BN94. We have to believe that justice will out in the end. So much progress has already been made by yourself and the team. More power to you all.

Mate. Sorry...I wasn't trying to dis the work that you lot are doing. If it came across that way, I apologize. I admire every ounce of fight and effort you and those like you are putting in.
You have my utmost respect.

My point (maybe poorly worded) was more at the time this has kicked around with authorities, or the people in power doing nothing or turning a blind eye.

Keep up the fight . Incredible job.

Mate. Sorry...I wasn't trying to dis the work that you lot are doing. If it came across that way, I apologize. I admire every ounce of fight and effort you and those like you are putting in.
You have my utmost respect.

My point (maybe poorly worded) was more at the time this has kicked around with authorities, or the people in power doing nothing or turning a blind eye.

Keep up the fight . Incredible job.
It was hard to reply to you mate as I didn’t want you picking me up wrong. It’s bloody frustrating and angering how slow this moves sometimes, but it has to be done right. That club is vile. Their ex-directors I have no idea how they sleep at night. They have to be challenged and brought to justice. We know time isn’t on our side reference their ages but we have to keep going.
We also need to get the ones who knew answering questions under oath. And Humza? A charlatan and an apologist of the highest order. I hope to see the day he is questioned.

It was hard to reply to you mate as I didn’t want you picking me up wrong. It’s bloody frustrating and angering how slow this moves sometimes, but it has to be done right. That club is vile. Their ex-directors I have no idea how they sleep at night. They have to be challenged and brought to justice. We know time isn’t on our side reference their ages but we have to keep going.
We also need to get the ones who knew answering questions under oath. And Humza? A charlatan and an apologist of the highest order. I hope to see the day he is questioned.
I hope to see the day he........... I better not,i got banned for the last time i posted something similar.

I wrote to my mp 24/5/21………
“The SFA report into sexual abuse in Scottish football has been released for some time now.
We had previously been told by the Scottish Government that nothing could be done until the SFA report was published.
What happens now?
Celtic FC knew about the abuse and even allowed Paedophiles back to continue their abuse.
Will the club be punished?”

I received a reply today on behalf of “the minister” (unnamed)……….

SCOTTISH PARLIAMENT

WRITTEN ANSWER

21 June 2021
Index Heading: Health and Social Care

Siobhian Brown (Ayr) (Scottish National Party): To ask the Scottish Government what action it anticipates will be taken against football clubs in light of the Scottish Football Association's Report of the Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football.

S6W-00594

Maree Todd: The Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football was commissioned by the Scottish FA Board in late 2016 and began work in the first quarter of 2017. In summary the terms of reference (developed in conjunction with some survivors) were to examine what was known at the time of the abuse in Scottish Football, who knew and what action was taken as a result.

The purpose of the Review was not to find fault or to attribute blame but rather was about learning from the experiences of the past with a view to improving the way that Scottish football assures the safety, rights and wellbeing of children involved in the game today where necessary. This is set out at para 1.2 of the full report when it says “the Review is not concerned with attributing culpability or liability” and further “Attributing blame and engaging in a finger-pointing exercise is not helpful and is almost always unproductive, detracting from ensuring that the right change takes place with the commitment of us all” and “the narrative of ‘failure’ and ‘blame’ is one which the Review is keen to resist in order to focus on learning and improvement which is of more productive value.”

The Review accepts that knowledge and practices were markedly different in the past than they are now, and recognises the recent efforts of the Scottish FA and its members to put in place a Child Protection and Wellbeing Strategy. It makes clear that continued culture change is imperative – this includes continuing to work closely with survivors to improve processes, challenging distorted thinking about sexual conduct or violence and creating positive attitudes to mental health. The Scottish Government fully support those aims. “

So it seems no interest whatsoever in obtaining justice for the victims.
A truly repugnant reply.

Scotland is f***ed.

Engaging in finger pointing is not helpful unless of course it is to slate Rangers fans , the manager and the club for trophy day. A shower of duplicitous bastards. We even had Sturgeon saying twitter spats werent helpful when discussing critiscm of her by Andy Burnam, yet her, Humza, Dornan et al piled on twitter to attack us. Someone on the opposition needs to score these open goals.
And there it is GL. How to bring down a sitting government and the opposition parties have not got a clue.

Yep but I just can't get my head round what type of parent would allow this. Maybe I'm being naive but if those parents did condone this then they should be punished.
Just being a parent doesn't automatically make you a good one.

Again, using Dornan as my example, we clearly have a parent who admits he knew abuse was happening and said nothing.

His punishment? A 70 grand plus salary and elected to serve in a constituency just a few miles from where he knew abuse took place.

Who's going to punish him?
Not the imbeciles who returned him in an election just a matter of weeks ago.
Not the party who happily mock child abuse victims.
Not the justice system which to this day is still failing the survivors.

Those who actually committed the crimes are serving sentences we'd expect to see for punching a guy in the street or minor theft.

There is literally no deterrent in Scotland for paedophiles.

It's a hard task BN94, and at times must be very disheartening, you are all good people

The time span for the sexual abuse within Celtic FC speaks volumes for the failure within Scottish football, Scottish Government and society in general.
The east end grand old team appears to be not so grand ? Several management and administrative departments are all culpable with the mismanagement of this scandal. The Kelly and Whites, McCann and Desmond , the managers and coaching staff who knew and did not act appropriately. Shameful behaviour from an institution once held in high esteem, unfortunately the victims the people that really matter are still being treated abissmally. Hopefully the survivors will have justice and be served some sort of closure, it is the very least they all deserve.

He should be more concerned that we have been on this for roughly 3 years and still a week never goes by without something new coming up BN94
That rancid club should have been shut down years ago

Our Roman Catholic elected officials will constantly reminded of their duty to put their religion before the wishes of the people that elected them. This is an obviously organised sex abuse ring, and will of course lead straight to the door of the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland.

As an example this is from 2007 regarding a vote on abortion.. Which shows the direct pressure to do what the Catholic Church wants first...
"The Glasgow-based Cardinal O'Brien insisted last night he did not mean a threat of excommunication, but said that "whether it's mothers or fathers, or politicians and doctors or nurses, they must consider their own consciences and whether or not they can approach the altar to receive Holy Communion".

O'Brien another sex offender who was allowed to escape justice for his victims.
Did the now deceased Holy Cardinal get to approach the alter to receive Holy Communion or was he way to high up and above all that ? which would in fact leave him free to be a sex pest to young priests just entering the priesthood but who would still be old enough to know that they had been sexually abused by a high ranking Cardinal and yet still believed that their faith was a good and wonderful religion when in fact it is a den of diabolical perverts and paedophiles conning the World into believing the RC Church is whiter than the driven snow . Seriously ! what chance did all those youngsters have following their dreams to play football at the C*ltic Boy's Club and for many of them those dreams were nothing more than their worst nightmares at the hands of despicable paedophiles and now it is all being ignored by all connected to CFC , the Government , the SFA and the RC Church in general . Time for the World to wake up and ask themselves just how Holy the Holy Water really is . :mad:

Last edited:
Did the now deceased Holy Cardinal get to approach the alter to receive Holy Communion or was he way to high up and above all that ? which would in fact leave him free to be a sex pest to young priests just entering the priesthood but who would still be old enough to know that they had been sexually abused by a high ranking Cardinal and yet still believed that their faith was a good and wonderful religion when in fact it is a den of diabolical perverts and paedophiles conning the World into believing the RC Church is whiter than the driven snow . Seriously ! what chance did all those youngsters have following their dreams to play football at the C*ltic Boy's Club and for many of them those dreams were nothing more than their worst nightmares at the hands of despicable paedphiles and now it is all being ignored by all connected to CFC , the Government , the SFA and the RC Church in general . Time for the World to wake up and ask themselves just how Holy the Holy Water really is . :mad:
Make no mistake....the bells n smells mob are up to their necks In this.

Paedophiles will always be attracted to Catholicism as we know fine well, they dont just cover it up, they also let them away with it and have also been known to blame the innocent children being placed in temptation in front of them by the devil. A truly vile and evil cult along with many other religions

Or many become paedophiles due to the Catholic Churches archaic views on marriage and celibacy among the priesthood

It is the case that sometimes the abused then become abusers themselves...not always..but it does happen.
It is the case that sometimes the abused then become abusers themselves...not always..but it does happen.
True, but that wasn't my point. I meant that a non-paedophile doesn't enter the priesthood and then subsequently become a paedophile because of the chastity or celibacy rules of the catholic church. They already are paedophiles and quite likely see priesthood as an opportunity.

True, but that wasn't my point. I meant that a non-paedophile doesn't enter the priesthood and then subsequently become a paedophile because of the chastity or celibacy rules of the catholic church. They already are paedophiles and quite likely see priesthood as an opportunity.
It must be appealing for a paedo to have a job with access to vulnerable families and children all over the world and knowing your employer has most of the worlds judiciary’s in their back pockets should anything go wrong.

I accept what your saying that some parents may have noticed a change in behaviour from their sons but we need to remember that the focus on child abuse is relatively new. At that time parents were blissfully unaware of paedophiles, especially in a religious or sporting setting. Any change would be taken as their sons growing up or "being a teenager"
For those who refused to come forward or believe the abuse claims I'm prepared to believe it was because of ignorance rather than cover ups.
Fucking hell.

Last edited:
July will be his latest court case BG, but he was convicted previously, albeit for UK abuse & not for overseas abuse.
Probably won't mean much but I just got on the radio in Melbourne and highlighted (on air) to the host and the listeners the cel;tic child abuse record. The host Damian Watson clearly knew what I was talking about. Credit to him that he let me get it out there.

Last edited:
Probably won't mean much but I just got on the radio in Melbourne and highlighted (on air) to the host and the listeners the cel;tic child abuse record. The host Damian Watson clearly knew what I was talking about. Credit to him that he let me get it out there.
Imagine Radio Clyde provided a platform to voice the same points. As if.....
Probably needs a concentrated effort to get on air ( under the guise of another subject) to bring it up repeatedly.

Imagine Radio Clyde provided a platform to voice the same points. As if.....
Probably needs a concentrated effort to get on air ( under the guise of another subject) to bring it up repeatedly.
They only talk about football matters don't you know , I've got an email from the boss saying this and when I replied about why the many programmes were allowed about Rangers Tax Case over many months you will not be surprised to learn I didn't get a reply.
When it's time to name and shame people for the stance they took over this Radio Clyde and more than 1 presenter will be on this list .
To say nothing speaks a lot

They only talk about football matters don't you know , I've got an email from the boss saying this and when I replied about why the many programmes were allowed about Rangers Tax Case over many months you will not be surprised to learn I didn't get a reply.
When it's time to name and shame people for the stance they took over this Radio Clyde and more than 1 presenter will be on this list .
To say nothing speaks a lot
That's why you get on under a different guise but just bring it up constantly. Could be on at them constantly like fecking midgees annoying the feck out them.

This is a disappointing verdict in an unrelated abuse test case where the judge dismissed the survivors claims on the basis that the alleged abusers were dead and so the ‘charity’ involved could not get a fair hearing. I suppose the diffference with the CBC case is that some of the abusers have actually been found guilty.

This is a disappointing verdict in an unrelated abuse test case where the judge dismissed the survivors claims on the basis that the alleged abusers were dead and so the ‘charity’ involved could not get a fair hearing. I suppose the diffference with the CBC case is that some of the abusers have actually been found guilty.

On the cbc issue then we will be showing something soon that will put it beyond any reasonable doubt. It’s difficult to say at the moment, but the above outcome of the cases that you’ve posted won’t relate to the perpetrators involved with Celtic.
Like you’ve said, The perpetrators at Celtic have already faced charges and been convicted.

On the cbc issue then we will be showing something soon that will put it beyond any reasonable doubt. It’s difficult to say at the moment, but the above outcome of the cases that you’ve posted won’t relate to the perpetrators involved with Celtic.
Like you’ve said, The perpetrators at Celtic have already faced charges and been convicted.
And as far..are still very much alive

"Kicking about for 2yrs"?

this thread is the most informative piece of information on the net when it comes to the celtic boys club sex abuse scandal.The thread is constantly updated and as another poster says,it operates 24/7 ,which only goes to highlight the lazy "copy n paste" journalists of the scottish (and uk) press (there are a growing minority,who are interested in this scandal).
The thread also provides information and support to the victims of this rancid club and i don't think that it matters if ,it has been "kicking around" as stated.....this scandal has been "kicking around the world for the past 55 years",so,i don't care how long the thread continues for,the end result will be justice,victory and.compensation for all the victims of sex abuse in football,but in particular,the celtic boys club victims....but no amount of money,will compensate their losses.

"Kicking about for 2yrs"?

this thread is the most informative piece of information on the net when it comes to the celtic boys club sex abuse scandal.The thread is constantly updated and as another poster says,it operates 24/7 ,which only goes to highlight the lazy "copy n paste" journalists of the scottish (and uk) press (there are a growing minority,who are interested in this scandal).
The thread also provides information and support to the victims of this rancid club and i don't think that it matters if ,it has been "kicking around" as stated.....this scandal has been "kicking around the world for the past 55 years",so,i don't care how long the thread continues for,the end result will be justice,victory and.compensation for all the victims of sex abuse in football,but in particular,the celtic boys club victims....but no amount of money,will compensate their losses.
There is enough information out there that would give grounds to shut that " Crime Scene " down for good .
I will leave it upto you to decide why it's not getting fully reported by our professional media in this country and YES i do hope they read this....
Hang Your Sorry Heads In Shame
You will be Named and Shamed when the time is right

Back