Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

It was scheduled for July 5th, then postponed, but no reason was given for its postponement. The 2-week shutdown of Sheriff Court cases will happen in November. It's due to police availability during the COP26 Climate Summit.

Obviously, as soon as we find out the new date, we'll post it here.

Last edited:
The government hope the sands of time take care of this scum bastard and others before they face justice. It’s a national disgrace yet acceptable in 2021 SNP Scotland :mad::mad::mad:
Their day will come. One important thing that has to be remembered…
Let’s say these beasts do pass before coming to justice. Not just the beasts but the high profile individuals that also knew what was going on and said nothing.
As you seen from Adrian’s film McGinn was door stepped. Others were also planned to be paid a visit. This included Kelly. The only thing that stopped this from happening was another lockdown.
Something we haven’t mentioned before is Spotlight has tracked down every individual involved, and also the individuals who we believe knew.
These individuals, we agree, may have a short life left and may never come to justice, but the important thing to remember is the club will still be there.
Like we’ve mentioned previously, after a certain individual has appeared in court and justice is passed, then we will show more.
Another myth that we would also like to clear up is there are individuals within the press that are dedicated to this issue. Some on here and on other threads have said that the Scottish press must hang their heads in shame. I agree that some do, but there are a few that like us are working on this day and night. The problem at the moment is they are restricted on what they can say as the last thing we want is these beasts getting off on a technicality. We have worked too hard for this to happen.
For example, any printing of any previous charges can help their defence. Basically the defence lawyers can claim the defendant isn’t receiving a fair trial due to reports in the press. It’s as simple as that.
Once the trial is over then you will see more movement. As frustrating as it is, just put yourself in the shoes of the survivors and the families. Continually being let down for years by an apologist government. We will continue the fight as we have no choice.

Last edited:
Going slightly off topic. I bought my first copy of FF in my local record shop in Nottingham in the mid 90s. My record shop sold various club fanzines. It was in that edition that I first heard about Jim Torbett and the Celtic Boys Club. I didn't hear anything about it in the English media at the time.

I've told my friends and family what 'BJK' means when we've seen the signs when watching the Darts Premier League on TV when it's in Glasgow.

Let’s say these beasts do pass before coming to justice. Not just the beasts but the high profile individuals that also knew what was going on and said nothing.
As you seen from Adrian’s film McGinn was door stepped. Others were also planned to be paid a visit. This included Kelly. The only thing that stopped this from happening was another lockdown.
Something we haven’t mentioned before is Spotlight has tracked down every individual involved, and also the individuals who we believe knew.
These individuals, we agree, may have a short life left and may never come to justice, but the important thing to remember is the club will still be there.
Like we’ve mentioned previously, after a certain individual has appeared in court and justice is passed, then we will show more.
Another myth that we would also like to clear up is there are individuals within the press that are dedicated to this issue. Some on here and on other threads have said that the Scottish press must hang their heads in shame. I agree that some do, but there are a few that like us are working on this day and night. The problem at the moment is they are restricted on what they can say as the last thing we want is these beasts getting off on a technicality. We have worked too hard for this to happen.
For example, any printing of any previous charges can help their defence. Basically the defence lawyers can claim the defendant isn’t receiving a fair trial due to reports in the press. It’s as simple as that.
Once the trial is over then you will see more movement. As frustrating as it is, just put yourself in the shoes of the survivors and the families. Continually being let down for years by an apologist government. We will continue the fight as we have no choice.
Outstanding work from all involved , just outstanding .

.. but the high profile individuals that also knew what was going on and said nothing..... Kelly..... Continually being let down for years by an apologist government. We will continue the fight as we have no choice.
The same names and the same circle of contacts are linked again and again. Cross border contacts appear again and again. This all leads to the door of a certain name at a certain club. The determination to see these horrific crimes as being individual offences and not being linked in any way is disgraceful and a crime in itself. There are those in positions of power who know exactly what went on and are doing their best to silence the truth from being heard.

The same names and the same circle of contacts are linked again and again. Cross border contacts appear again and again. This all leads to the door of a certain name at a certain club. The determination to see these horrific crimes as being individual offences and not being linked in any way is disgraceful and a crime in itself. There are those in positions of power who know exactly what went on and are doing their best to silence the truth from being heard.

Indeed it is...time and again the same names appear

Indeed it is...time and again the same names appear
And there will be a few older journalists out there who knew exactly what was going on and by whom.

That was their job back then - to cultivate club contacts and to know what was going on at a football club.

Put it this way, if boys playing school football had heard the rumours, there’s no way a journalist didn’t know.

And there will be a few older journalists out there who knew exactly what was going on and by whom.

That was their job back then - to cultivate club contacts and to know what was going on at a football club.

Put it this way, if boys playing school football had heard the rumours, there’s no way a journalist didn’t know.

Mate going by posts on here it seems even the dugs in the street knew the "open secret".

Your last sentence is so true it’s frightening Sancus

Also the change in law is gonna help if you could explain it better than me lol

Imagine Radio Clyde provided a platform to voice the same points. As if.....
Probably needs a concentrated effort to get on air ( under the guise of another subject) to bring it up repeatedly.

Posted this before so apolgies if you've already read this.

I called RC a number of years ago to ask Keevins and Delahunt if they thought the blame for Rangers' tax issues lay with Craig White or, like me (kid on), did they think the responsibility lay with the club itself. Keevins and Delahunt both agreed Rangers were to blame.

Having got their agreement I then asked if, using similar logic, that meant Celtic were to blame for the child abuse at Parkhead.

A short pause followed before Delahunt said he didnt follow my logic. Keevins agreed. "Next caller".

Over many years there has been a virtual "omerta" of silence built up around the boys club and any abuse that occurred there.

It was as soon as that "omerta" was broken and the abuse became public knowledge in the early nineties that Celtic began to distance themselves from the boys club knowing full well what had and what was going on.

Also just seen this for the 1st time,what a find and a signed confession basically.

Why does this club badge seem to be inherited to so many folk in and around the sexually activity of children,and still to this very day!

Great researching by the way.
You know us personally my man. You also know we’ll not stop until we have the lot. You also know that all the right people are in place to take this on.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. You’ve been an inspiration. You know I speak for every member of Spotlight when I say that.
We’re here to the end brother.

You know us personally my man. You also know we’ll not stop until we have the lot. You also know that all the right people are in place to take this on.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. You’ve been an inspiration. You know I speak for every member of Spotlight when I say that.
We’re here to the end brother.
I sure do mate and fully expect you guys to finish the job started,relentless and ruthless.
No hols for the spotlight team,hard work and effort to deliver the truth.

Great news research is in safe hands for the right time and exposure as per,best wishes to you and the team,no one is safe from your chase.

This one of the saddest threads on the Internet because the mainstream media will not report facts and if anything collude with the rancid organisations who were complicit in this at the very least I hope but do not expect it is historical abuse but recent events do not fill me with hope that is the case
The Glasgow Times has already picked up the Tav/jersey thread ....guess they ignore this one completely

That is utterly gruesome, mate. My own belief is that the Scottish Establishment, never mind the media, have always protected the very famous names at Celtc, the Manager Stein and club captain McNeill especially, rather than demand justice for the countless children and young people assaulted and abused. Scotland is a profoundly sick and corrupt little country.

That is utterly gruesome, mate. My own belief is that the Scottish Establishment, never mind the media, have always protected the very famous names at Celtc, the Manager Stein and club captain McNeill especially, rather than demand justice for the countless children and young people assaulted and abused. Scotland is a profoundly sick and corrupt little country.
Sounds exactly like the backward state they claim to come from dosent it?

Gerry McSherry is a name I constantly see.He mentions 14 names.Is this guy not involved in these cases?Where are the 14?You would think the police would be all over his accusations in fact why isn’t he naming and shaming,he’s nothing to lose surely?

With the Griffiths incident its obvious that nothing has changed in that rancid football club. As with the coaches that they harboured and protected they used the name and status that football club afforded them to abuse children, now Griffiths is using it to entice young children to send photos to him for his sexual gratification.

Again SFA remains silent on this incident allowing this club to continue with its perversions unheeded.

Gerry McSherry is a name I constantly see.He mentions 14 names.Is this guy not involved in these cases?Where are the 14?You would think the police would be all over his accusations in fact why isn’t he naming and shaming,he’s nothing to lose surely?
The list contains the known perpetrators along with possible enablers. It also contains priests that were linked with that club.
When a certain court case is complete and hopefully justice served, then I think we may see more on this. The list contains more than 14 names.

Back