Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Your blood boils when you see the likes of this. Folk helping to cover it up should be burned at the stake. I include the bastards in our media for their part in it as well.
There’s plenty of people who knew and chose to say nothing. The club still make no comment, and their support “like no other” continue to deny and deflect. Some of them even going to great lengths to cause the survivors and families more heartache with their abuse on social media. This club has been protected for too long.

There’s plenty of people who knew and chose to say nothing. The club still make no comment, and their support “like no other” continue to deny and deflect. Some of them even going to great lengths to cause the survivors and families more heartache with their abuse on social media. This club has been protected for too long.
If it wasn't for the invention of the internet this would all be dead and buried by now.

I foolishly thought that when anything of this nature raised its ugly head every decent person would do their utmost to get justice for the victims.
I now realise that some folk put their football club before that search for justice. Surely all these folk can't be actual pedophiles?

If they aren't then how can they justify it within themselves to cover this up?

So who exactly gave the Boys Club the funding to change their name to St Pat's. Why would Celtic FC do that why not tell them they are breaching copyright using their name/ strips etc. Their own club newspaper reported on this Boys Club why would they do that if a separate entity did they report any games played by say Harmony Row on a regular weekly basis or any other Boys Clubs in Scotland. Bit strange in doing that if nothing to do with you and did Harmony Row or any other Scottish Boys Club get access to Celtic Park and facilities on a regular basis?

If it wasn't for the invention of the internet this would all be dead and buried by now.

I foolishly thought that when anything of this nature raised its ugly head every decent person would do their utmost to get justice for the victims.
I now realise that some folk put their football club before that search for justice. Surely all these folk can't be actual pedophiles?

If they aren't then how can they justify it within themselves to cover this up?
They the Selik Family and Religion, are say a maximum 18% of Scotland’s population. Yet the strength of power from Authorities involved in this cover up will be of a certain persuasion? When will we the Majority, Unite and Vote those Scum out, starts with Politicians!

This movement is spreading around the world. The minute some arsehole takes the ribbons down double the ribbons are replaced. This must be worth a shout for the crime scene that is Parkhead? It will raise awareness in a peaceful and dignified way to let the world know that victims and their supporters will not be silenced
Superb effort.

The sad thing about this case,is it's the biggest child abuse case ever in Scotland and not one person in any authority has came out and condemned it or ask for public enquiry or investigation into this evil organisation.
If this had been any other organisation in Scotland and UK wide there would have been uproar throughout the country, very funny how this has never been addressed properly, the families of these children have been to he'll and back and this institution sits back again and laughs in ther faces totally disgusting.
Where's all the do-gooders now Aitke,sturgeon,Yousuf Dorian and the rest of this countries so called leaders ,helping them to hide all the information because of there precious bigoted club and religion ,Boris and his cronies are just as bad totally shocking behaviour by all involved too many to mention.
Wish the families well and hope you succeed where many have failed.
WATP

Government, MPs and Council leaders old and new are all complicit in the covering up of what is probably the world’s largest child abuse scandal.

They have wrecked the lives, hopes and dreams of many, many people - some of whom took their own life as it was felt the only way out.

It’s criminal

The scum support have been up in arms about griffiths contacting underage girls. Not a peep about at least forty years of wee boys being raped.
The simple answer to that is they hold the people involved in this issue in high regard. Club legends who had statues erected for their services to the club.
Let’s just think about this. In the space of 5 decades, how many people were involved? How many people knew?
Cross border abuse linked with that club… Perpetrators involved at that club linked to beasts within the Catholic clergy… ( which Spotlight unearthed)
The list goes on.
Let’s also not forget about the abuse abroad by officials under the name of that club, and the high profile employees who traveled with the “separate entity”…
The high number of suicides of
ex-boys club players was very difficult to research. Something that will live with us forever.
I think the most difficult part was hearing personal stories first hand and how it’s affected their lives since. A lot has happened at that club.

I may be way off at a tangent here, and not for the first time, I may add.
But, imagine the CSA at Septic (the horrific amount) had taken place at Institutions like The Boy Scouts or The Boys Brigade for instance.
This would be FRONT PAGE NEWS.
Why in Scotland has the DECADES of CSA at Septic been ignored by the government and swept away.

They know who is involved..we all know who was involved ........

That's why they were omitted from any investigation

That's why the think they are untouchable

They know who is involved..we all know who was involved ........

That's why they were omitted from any investigation

That's why the think they are untouchable
They THINK they are untouchable.
Spotlight will eventually disprove that.
As said previously, Spotlight have uncovered more than the SMSM ever have.
Limited resources. Zero finance.
Makes one wonder what a so called journalist could uncover....if they took the time to research...and if their boss actually allowed them to research...

They THINK they are untouchable.
Spotlight will eventually disprove that.
As said previously, Spotlight have uncovered more than the SMSM ever have.
Limited resources. Zero finance.
Makes one wonder what a so called journalist could uncover....if they took the time to research...and if their boss actually allowed them to research...

What that club has done and is still doing to these survivors and families is utterly shameful and cap doffed to the team for their magnificent investigation skills in exposing these beasts and enablers.

It's time someone from PS has a long overdue chat with Kelly & McGinn under caution.

Gerry McSherry is a name I constantly see.He mentions 14 names.Is this guy not involved in these cases?Where are the 14?You would think the police would be all over his accusations in fact why isn’t he naming and shaming,he’s nothing to lose surely?
The 14 names stage was reached by
" Spotlight " a long time ago remember that's only names , convictions add a lot more to that some of the bheasts have been jailed more than once some even twice and maybe in the near future some 3 times how many does it take before a light comes on for somebody in The Scottish Parliament or our Professional Press in this country to take action ....
Don't hold your breath one can dream

The scum support have been up in arms about griffiths contacting underage girls. Not a peep about at least forty years of wee boys being raped.
They were only up in arms as they never really wanted him anyway but as soon as the police gave them the green light they were only too happy to cover it up. “How can he be sacked if he wasn’t charged”. Of course they’ve never sidelined a player ever before and they all have to play champions league games.

Slightly off topic,please feel free to delete.

Sickening to see how widespread this is in society.

BBC News - 'Culture of cover-up' saw Lambeth care home children abused https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57984924

'Culture of cover-up' saw Lambeth care home children abused​

Staff and councillors in Lambeth presided over a "culture of cover-up" that led to more than 700 children in care homes suffering almost incomprehensible levels of cruelty and sexual abuse, an inquiry has found.
A report by the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse said two children's homes in south London - Shirley Oaks and South Vale - were "brutal places where violence and sexual assault were allowed to flourish".

"Culture of cover-up saw hundreds of children abused in Lambeth, report finds"

"Lambeth Council has accepted the recommendations and apologised to the inquiry for creating and overseeing conditions "where appalling and absolutely shocking and horrendous abuse was perpetrated".
It has also paid £71.5 million in compensation to former children's home residents, with individual payments of up to £125,000."

Apologise AND compensation? That will never catch on here!!

How do Celtic fans, that say the Boys club has nothing to do with Celtic FC, respond to this type of story?

If what they say is true, it would be like East Fife investigating allegations of sexual abuse at my local boys football club in Dumfries & Galloway.
Celtic only started distancing themselves in the 90s when the abuse came to light and the police got involved.

Up until then CBC was very much a part of CFC.

There are countless articles posted by the Spotlight team proving this.

How do Celtic fans, that say the Boys club has nothing to do with Celtic FC, respond to this type of story?

If what they say is true, it would be like East Fife investigating allegations of sexual abuse at my local boys football club in Dumfries & Galloway.
Nobody thought the boys club was anything other than celtc. You can see how they and their fans deal with this sort of thing all the time. Look at Griffiths recently, the celtc trust guy put out a tweet implying things aren’t what they seem even though it’s obvious. Some of their fans get fully on board with that and start shouting down others. Then the other fans see the club is keeping him and the best thing is just to get on message “for the good of the club”. It’s a cult.

The main point is that Celtic as a club have dealt with nothing, have not taken ownership of any wrongdoing or accountability. Decades of abuse have been denied and multiple victims ignored. Several boards and administrative staff have shirked responsibility and negligence is all to relevant.
The behaviour of depraved individuals operating under the Celtic family has become increasingly apparent with the exposure by the spotlight team, their support for the victims and the survivors is commendable.
The shameful behaviour of this club continues to be an embarrassment to the game and humanity. When will the governing bodies and authorities eventually decide enough is enough and do the right thing?
This is not point scoring its about common decency.

Celtic only started distancing themselves in the 90s when the abuse came to light and the police got involved.

Up until then CBC was very much a part of CFC.

There are countless articles posted by the Spotlight team proving this.

Did they start distancing themselves then?

There's plenty of news articles and images online over last 20 years, with CBC being directly involved with CFC, CFC players attending the POTY awards for the kids, various reports highlighting the relationship between the two.

I thought the distancing began circa 2011, then eventually complete when CBC was named St Patricks Sports Academy in 2018.

Did they start distancing themselves then?

There's plenty of news articles and images online over last 20 years, with CBC being directly involved with CFC, CFC players attending the POTY awards for the kids, various reports highlighting the relationship between the two.

I thought the distancing began circa 2011, then eventually complete when CBC was named St Patricks Sports Academy in 2018.

Yes, McCann started it 94/95 RWL.

The issue isn’t that these people exist. They’ve hidden in plain sight in all walks of life. The issue is how they were dealt with when caught. At celtc they weren’t dealt with, they were put into positions of power and protected by people with even more power while others who raised the alarm were confronted and forced out.

Since everything came to light about Saville, there was a huge operation to not only catch beasts but also learn from the mistakes that allowed him to thrive. Given the scale of it at Celtic, the same thing should’ve happened. How was the boys club started? Whose benefit was it started for and how did the structure work to employ and protect multiple predators. How did a predator manage to have control over directors via offering jobs within his own business? How did they manage to silence people inside and outside the club? Etc etc.

Very far from investigating and learning lessons, the SFA deliberately set out to carry out a review to do the opposite. Instead of making victims and concerned individuals feel confident and empowered to come forward to expose any concerns, the actions of the SFA and celtc trickling down via Celtic fans on social media, Scotland continues to shame victims and individuals highlighting issues as “pointscoring” and “being obsessed by abuse”.

A huge opportunity to do the right things and change the culture of shame and silence has been lost due to fear of damaging a football club.

I totally agree mate and have read the articles.

I was just wondering what their defence is for this?
They will defend the separate entity till the end. Some of you may remember the Alex Thomson piece for Chanel 4 news. He basically said how it is. The Supreme Court will show that the club clearly benefited from the boys club.
Any other club and fans would hold their hands up, but this filth are a cult and will deny and deflect till the end.
BN94 has been shown all over their forums as being a bigot. For what? Showing their own publications that they printed? I’ve been threatened with my life along with other members of Spotlight. We all knew what we were getting involved in from the start.
This isn’t about point scoring. It’s about justice and a club that’s been protected for too long by the filth that call themselves the Scottish government.

They will defend the separate entity till the end. Some of you may remember the Alex Thomson piece for Chanel 4 news. He basically said how it is. The Supreme Court will show that the club clearly benefited from the boys club.
Any other club and fans would hold their hands up, but this filth are a cult and will deny and deflect till the end.
BN94 has been shown all over their forums as being a bigot. For what? Showing their own publications that they printed? I’ve been threatened with my life along with other members of Spotlight. We all knew what we were getting involved in from the start.
This isn’t about point scoring. It’s about justice and a club that’s been protected for too long by the filth that call themselves the Scottish government.

How the hell can ANYTHING supersede the sexual abuse of children.

Brainwashed cult.

Again BN l can only offer you personally and your team my heartfelt thanks for the way you have taken this on.

The list contains the known perpetrators along with possible enablers. It also contains priests that were linked with that club.
When a certain court case is complete and hopefully justice served, then I think we may see more on this. The list contains more than 14 names.
Here's a thing I wondered about. Some of us remember a somewhat crass banner unfurled after he passing of a certain Celtic chairman. At the time, I remember thinking WTF, he was their chairman, but I didn't understand that level of vitriol towards him. Was there something in that, more than just some dafties having a bit of a laugh?

And Ritchie was brought to Celtic Boys Club by Tommy Burns to help deal with the abuse allegations that were mounting at Celtic. For £100 a week!

Cutting the apron strings?

Whatever did he mean?

For catholics in this country, from the day they were born they are fighting a war EVERY DAY. Every day they fight a war that determines they must defeat the big bad proddies at every turn. In their war, the victims of their clergy's abuse and the victims of their fitba club's abuse are seen as no more than collateral damage (much like the ordinary catholics who were murdered by the IRA). And just like the families of IRA victims who speak out, the families of CFC and RC clergy victims are rounded on and vilified as traitors to the cause. They are indeed part of a vile sect.

And Ritchie was brought to Celtic Boys Club by Tommy Burns to help deal with the abuse allegations that were mounting at Celtic. For £100 a week!

Why do articles from 2016 only appear in this press reader? Have they been removed from the newspaper sites by a PR company or is it normal archiving?

Why do articles from 2016 only appear in this press reader? Have they been removed from the newspaper sites by a PR company or is it normal archiving?
It would appear so. When I was looking for a link to this I got the ‘articles may have been removed…..’ message. The same thing frequently happens when you search for old news about the SNP.

What I can't get my head around is that the government washed their hands of all the victims of those despicable crimes, completely burying their heads in the sand in the hope that this will all go away. Those people are the real animals and if they had a shred of decency would order a full investigation into this perverse football club. It goes without saying well done to you all for your unending effort and persistence in the pursuit of justice it lifts my heart to see that there are some decent people who will fight for and defend the victims.

Back