Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

We’re really not mate. We’re all just normal people that got together because something is far wrong here.
Yes, sometimes it takes its toll but not one of us will give up.

Something else I’d just like to say. Spotlight have obviously shown print from their own club newspaper. Now obviously this can be found by anyone that goes digging, but what we have is more. We hold documents that have never been seen. We know things that some think we don’t.
I also would like to say something to the posters that say nothing will come of this. You might be right but the progress we’ve made in the past 3 years is actually astounding. Shocking in fact. Please can I remind you that victims and their families sometimes view this thread and it’s not really nice for them to see negative posts.
Hopefully the day will come where we can hand our research to a full independent public inquiry. If not, then we will show it one way or another.
Its an absolute travesty that this has been left up to yourself and the Spolight team to expose. What a disgrace this country has turned into i dont recognise it anymore.

We’re really not mate. We’re all just normal people that got together because something is far wrong here.

Something else I’d just like to say. Spotlight have obviously shown print from their own club newspaper. Now obviously this can be found by anyone that goes digging, but what we have is more. We hold documents that have never been seen. We know things that some think we don’t.
I also would like to say something to the posters that say nothing will come of this. You might be right but the progress we’ve made in the past 3 years is actually astounding. Shocking in fact. Please can I remind you that victims and their families sometimes view this thread and it’s not really nice for them to see negative posts.
Hopefully the day will come where we can hand our research to a full independent public inquiry. If not, then we will show it one way or another.
Keep up the sterling work.

I recall reading a piece by Davie Provo where he was commenting on a potential signing(may have been McGinn) and how the story was rattling around the back pages of every paper and he stated at the end in his own words...

"These things should be done in private... the celtic way"

This is not a new thing and has been going on for years at the piggery and Provo seems to be well versed in the practice.

The Celtic "omerta"
O’Merta would be more appropriate!

Appreciate that you’re not doing this for plaudits but for the reasons that any normal thinking people would be doing it - justice and closure for the victims in this atrocity that has taken far too long to achieve and bringing the full weight of the law down on those that have carried out, facilitated, enabled and covered up these heinous crimes.

But I’ve got to reiterate what others have said and those outside your close-knit team feel, you’ve all done and continue to do a fantastic job finding information the perpetrators hoped had been buried forever. And all under the most heart wrenching, gut churning circumstances. I’m sure you’ll have gone s long way in restoring the faith in mankind of victims and their families with your tireless work.

Absolutely amazing work. Cap well and truly doffed.

Last edited:
I'm not disputing this but is that factual or just a rumour that they did this.
Child abuse inquiry: Angela Constance defends remit http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35535524

A Scottish government minister has defended its inquiry into child abuse after survivors' groups called for its remit to be extended.
Campaigners have claimed institutions such as the Catholic Church and Boy Scouts could be "let off the hook".

But Education Secretary Angela Constance said the scope of the inquiry was "very far reaching".

And she said religious organisations were covered when they had looked after children in a residential capacity.

But survivors' organisations, who are due to meet Ms Constance on Thursday, have called for its remit to be extended amid claims that institutions such as the Catholic Church would be excluded from its investigations.

Speaking ahead of the meeting, Ms Constance told the BBC's Good Morning Scotland programme that "religious organisations and orders are included in the inquiry where they have looked after children in a residential capacity".
She said the scope of the inquiry had already been widened, and that the definitions of "in care" and "abuse" were very broad.
She added: "What we have tried to do is to try to strike the right balance.

"We want to ensure that survivors don't actually lose hope and that the inquiry will report back within a reasonable timescale - we have set four years - and actually be able to make clear and meaningful recommendations."

*It does not cover children who were abused while living with their natural or adoptive families, while using sports and leisure clubs or attending faith based organisations on a day to day basis*.

The inquiry will also not examine allegations of children being abused in non-boarding schools, nursery or day-care centres.

Child abuse inquiry: Angela Constance defends remit http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35535524

A Scottish government minister has defended its inquiry into child abuse after survivors' groups called for its remit to be extended.
Campaigners have claimed institutions such as the Catholic Church and Boy Scouts could be "let off the hook".

But Education Secretary Angela Constance said the scope of the inquiry was "very far reaching".

And she said religious organisations were covered when they had looked after children in a residential capacity.

But survivors' organisations, who are due to meet Ms Constance on Thursday, have called for its remit to be extended amid claims that institutions such as the Catholic Church would be excluded from its investigations.

Speaking ahead of the meeting, Ms Constance told the BBC's Good Morning Scotland programme that "religious organisations and orders are included in the inquiry where they have looked after children in a residential capacity".
She said the scope of the inquiry had already been widened, and that the definitions of "in care" and "abuse" were very broad.

"We want to ensure that survivors don't actually lose hope and that the inquiry will report back within a reasonable timescale - we have set four years - and actually be able to make clear and meaningful recommendations."

*It does not cover children who were abused while living with their natural or adoptive families, while using sports and leisure clubs or attending faith based organisations on a day to day basis*.

The inquiry will also not examine allegations of children being abused in non-boarding schools, nursery or day-care centres.
Leaving religious and sporting organisations out of a child abuse inquiry is ridiculous and clearly deliberate.

It’s like talking about football success in Spain but leaving out Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Sadly Scotland is a safe haven for paedophiles.

They choose where to cherry pick and are selective with the narrative?
In other words "they dance around the society problem "
Rather than tackling the problem head on,dealing with the perpetrators, supporting the victims and survivors. Learn the mistakes and prevent further problems.
Meanwhile in Scotland they give lip service to the masses and address nothing.

Has there ever been a government inquiry into child rape, anywhere in the world, that actively exempts churches and sports clubs?

I'm not disputing this but is that factual or just a rumour that they did this.
This was a bad joke.
What if children had not been “looked after in a residential capacity”, for example altar boys and the like?
Not that the RCC would be the only guilty party. Paedophiles gravitate towards organisations where there are a lot of children and a great deal of trust. The RCC would, however, as history shows, be by far the largest perpetrators.
So the protestors were correct in saying they could be let off the hook. The SNP knew what they were doing.

Utterly staggering. I honestly can't express the level of admiration I have for all involved in Spotlight. Your incredible efforts will be rewarded, of that I am certain.
Like the disclosures of the Boston globe investigation ,the findings of spotlight is equally disturbing.
The question is why to this point in time have no investigative smsm taken it upon themselves to look into this national disgrace ? Something extremely wrong with this civilised society in Scotland.

I had a discussion on this topic with a devout catholic and Celtic fan and cut it short when said:
“This is all scaremongering to besmirch Celtic. Listen, financial cheating is fact on your side but all this child abuse stuff is whataboutery and a targeted effort to pin something on Celtic.”

That’s what you’re up against. Not a care for the victims!

Truly remarkable. As George Galloway said, "I admire your indefatiguability".

You guys are doing a fantastic bit of detective work and I can only wish you strength and energy to keep going.

Scotland is probably a dead end for any media exposure but surely the likes of Netflix would be interested in exposing the biggest sporting scandal in the world and the effort that went into hiding and protecting the guilty?

I find this recent statement from Angela Constance unsavoury in the extreme - to absolve any institution, or any circumstance, from a child abuse enquiry is a shocking position for the government to take.

to attempt to justify the decision by using timescale as a barrier to a thorough investigation is just beyond comprehension

You guys are doing a fantastic bit of detective work and I can only wish you strength and energy to keep going.

Scotland is probably a dead end for any media exposure but surely the likes of Netflix would be interested in exposing the biggest sporting scandal in the world and the effort that went into hiding and protecting the guilty?
You can only get to Netflix if your an agent or has work used by them before

I find this recent statement from Angela Constance unsavoury in the extreme - to absolve any institution, or any circumstance, from a child abuse enquiry is a shocking position for the government to take.

to attempt to justify the decision by using timescale as a barrier to a thorough investigation is just beyond comprehension

Time is the enemy of justice. The longer you leave it, the more evidence "disappears" or witnesses die off. Time forgets, narrative changes.

Yup. You might be led to think that behind closed doors discussions might have been held....

"to protect one's vote, and to continue to expect us to promote your cause, this is best left alone...."

"Oh, ok then. Can you offer us up some sacrifices, from say, residential care homes, then we can say we've covered your angle".

"Deal. And it will be individuals, or at worst the individual establishment, comprende?"

"Consider it done."

However this pans out, I have three wishes.
Firstly that the victims get justice and as much financial compensation as possible.
Secondly that the culprits and their enablers are jailed for as long as they are allowed to breath God’s air.
Thirdly, that everybody that has helped bring this together is rewarded with a major Euromillions win.

However this pans out, I have three wishes.
Firstly that the victims get justice and as much financial compensation as possible.
Secondly that the culprits and their enablers are jailed for as long as they are allowed to breath God’s air.
Thirdly, that everybody that has helped bring this together is rewarded with a major Euromillions win.
And that bucket of shite of a club closed down for what they done..and didnt do

I had a discussion on this topic with a devout catholic and Celtic fan and cut it short when said:
“This is all scaremongering to besmirch Celtic. Listen, financial cheating is fact on your side but all this child abuse stuff is whataboutery and a targeted effort to pin something on Celtic.”

I worked with a boy who started all this pish about tax dodging.
When I asked him which was worse because he financially supported a paedophile ring his reply was word for word "my da told me yous made all that up"
I don't blame him for being a stupid boy and believing what his old man said.
What a vile piece of shit his dad must be though.

The one line that you can say to see the internal meltdown in their faces.
" What with you being a parent as well"
They fume but never come back at you..Except but,but and but again.
* unless your "Daddy" Griffiths and it's a family thing that your grandfather taught you.

Last edited:

I’ve had the same discussions for years now.
Absolute denial from them.
I asked one how he’d feel if it had happened to his kids.
He’d be “right up there”.
“Then what?” I asked.
Extreme violence was depicted followed by straight to the police.
“Exactly” I replied.
”Without finding out the truth, the other side of the story?”
“Why did so many parents not do this with their church or their football club”
”Because” I was told, “It wisnae theym”.
I told him to check google.
Even then it was denial, more Masonic conspiracy apparently.

Last edited:
It's obvious no government will authorise an inquiry into abuse at one organisation for fear of being accused of bigotry/racism etc. But surely a wider ranging inquiry into football clubs, religious gatherings, boy scouts and the boys brigade should be pushed for.
The relevant inquiry in England and Wales placed no limits on the type of institution that would be covered.

Some interest groups in Scotland would have wanted the scope of the inquiry north of the border restricted and they got their wish.

It really is staggering to have an inquiry into a subject and state that it cannot be followed into certain areas.

what are they hiding/scared of? And why?

at least that copper in the McCann missing child stepped away when he realised he’d be constrained.

For it to be a subject that involves such an abhorrent crime and have constraints so explicit it really points to a cover up

nothing should be off the table

Covering the bases. I like.
Dornan.. Who’s son played with cbc whilst the beasts were operating. He offered to assist Gordon Woods then blocked him after the SNP were
re-elected. Apologist

Humza.. No communication with victims or families during his time as justice secretary. Apologist.

Mason.. Who believes the Rangers tax case was as serious as child abuse happening under the name of that club. Apologist.

The list goes on. Not one of them when approached by Spotlight and asked if they would raise a motion in Holyrood agreed to do so. They gave us the same standard reply. They would not raise a motion whilst there was an ongoing police investigation, and also stated they wouldn’t comment until the SFA review was complete.
They stated that it wasn’t possible. We proved them wrong. An independent inquiry can take place under the guidance of a judge whilst there is a police investigation taking place.

The SNP are part of the problem, and certain individuals within that party should be forced to answer questions under oath.

SNP = Coverups and apologists.

Scotland’s shame.

Last edited:
I find this totally sinister that there is no enquiries or government reviews into this particular issue. Is this for fear of losing votes? Is this what it’s become?
Independence trumps all.

No nationalist government is going to willingly investigate child abuse within RC institutions and sporting wings…not a chance.

Why wouldn’t you want to understand and investigate child abuse at every institution from what ever denomination is beyond me. No it’s not, independence is the end game…

Celtic we’re looking after children in a residential capacity whilst on tour in United States. Might have only been for a couple of weeks but it was still residential.

Celtic we’re looking after children in a residential capacity whilst on tour in United States. Might have only been for a couple of weeks but it was still residential.
We have everything related to the USA trips and other countries the boys club visited. We also have contacts in each of these countries. That’s all we can really say on this at the moment.

Dornan.. Who’s son played with cbc whilst the beasts were operating. He offered to assist Gordon Woods then blocked him after the SNP were
re-elected. Apologist

Humza.. No communication with victims or families during his time as justice secretary. Apologist.

Mason.. Who believes the Rangers tax case was as serious as child abuse happening under the name of that club. Apologist.

The list goes on. Not one of them when approached by Spotlight and asked if they would raise a motion in Holyrood agreed to do so. They gave us the same standard reply. They would not raise a motion whilst there was an ongoing police investigation, and also stated they wouldn’t comment until the SFA review was complete.
They stated that it wasn’t possible. We proved them wrong. An independent inquiry can take place under the guidance of a judge whilst there is a police investigation taking place.

The SNP are part of the problem, and certain individuals within that party should be forced to answer questions under oath.

SNP = Coverups and apologists.

Scotland’s shame.
this is the problem and those listed need to be exposed fully once the day comes that opens the door. Just like Savile, this day is coming and the evidence gathered regarding those names listed should place them in a dock themselves.

Back