Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

He knows Davie.

What annoys me is him trying to imply that his club did nothing wrong, and yet another few clubs such as Rangers, Thistle, Motherwell did.

There was one other Scottish club who deserve criticised, as paedophiles will follow children anywhere in life, albeit Hibs behaviour was nowhere the extent of Celtic FC.

Rod Petrie of course is currently SFA President, so he had a clear interest, and had less moral authority than he should have had to deal with Celtic properly.
100% Grigo. Keep up the good work and the good fight my friend and look after yourself and BN

Celtic FC employees abused children.

Celtic FC employees were aware that these Celtic FC employees abused children, and did enabled it.

And yet Chris McLaughlin, a BBC journalist, did not mention Celtic FC as guilty.

Luckily we do have a limited number of journalists in Scotland with integrity.
I really hope we do Grigo.
So far, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Scottish Football's governing bodies are up to their necks in this. Which is why Martin Hendry was given the job as they need to control the situation in full as the last thing they want is the entire truth coming out
Not sure why it’s been left to football to investigate football!
(Okay, I’m lying.)
Surely the sensible approach here would be for the Government to take the lead and conduct a root and branch inquiry into this scandal.

(Okay, I’m lying.)
Surely the sensible approach here would be for the Government to take the lead and conduct a root and branch inquiry into this scandal.
Do you actually trust the government to do that?

Sorry silly question from me

Didn’t the SNP set the parameters of the recent child abuse enquiry to specifically exclude sport?
Yes, and, I think, youth clubs as well.
It would be unbelievable if it weren’t this government and this football club.
You’d really believe a government would be keen to show how serious they were to eliminate a major breeding ground for paedophilia.

Last edited:
Well done to spotlight and all its associates in their harvesting of evidence on these hideous crimes.
This particular victims prosecution train has left the station and will be calling at glasgow sheriff court on its way to it's final destination at CONVICTED (other stops may be added along the way).

And thanks for all of your great efforts T.

I hope any lurkers reading this thread stop with the whataboutery, and think what victims/survivors and their families are having to go through in their efforts to get justice. Imagine it was you as a victim, or a family member of one. Imagine being ignored by the very people elected to help main justice in our society. Imagine having your pleas for justice dismissed because it involves a football team and having your motives questioned because of that. Have a good think about that lurkers.

Said perpetrator hasn’t appeared yet. Before the thread goes into a frenzy this doesn’t mean he won’t appear today. It could be this afternoon.
It's a busy day in court, everyone down for a 10.00 am hearing, obviously that'a not going to happen. In saying that, he's in court room 2 and they only have 4 hearings, should get to him today.

Hopefully today sees the result the victims want and deserve.

Regards the Scottish Child Abuse inquiry I was stunned to read the total cost so far is now close to reaching £40m, staggering when you think they’ve left out what we know to be two of the biggest offenders in Scotland.

(Okay, I’m lying.)

The Scottish Govt have set up the "far reaching" 2015 Child Abuse inquiry but it's remit is so far reaching it specifically excludes sporting clubs and religious organisations.

Now in this country there are two massive institutions that instantly spring too mind whenever the horrible subject of Child Abuse rears its head, RC Church and Celtic FC. Both of these contain a large percentage of the SNP vote, hence their exclusion from the inquiry.

Corruption is the only word that springs to mind.

Last edited:
Once again the victims are hung out to dry by yet another delaying tactic, how complicit are the Sheriffs in this? This man and his legal team are parasites feeding on the agony of their victims. My thoughts go out to these victims and my grateful thanks to the Spotlight team for the work they do. Justice must be done.

I have so many questions about this. I am mystified as to how this is allowed to happen. I don't understand it.

Why is he continully allowed to not turn up at court?

Is this a frequent occurrence in other trials?

Did the court know in advance he wasn't going to show? (Surely an unannounced no-show is a contempt of court issue? No?)

What other type(s) of offender(s) is/are permitted this extraordinary leniency?

We’ve been here before and who knows it could probably happen again. So we fight on. I don’t know what other way to put this so here goes.
I know for a fact that survivors view these threads. Please will you Fck off with you’re negative posts and keep them to yourself. This is also happening on the other thread.
For those who choose to ignore me then believe me I know a whole lot more than what you do, so I’d advise you to keep it to yourself.
For the survivors looking in that know me.. Spotlight will continue to fight for justice. We are with you all the way. So we go again.

A quick Google search of this appears to suggest it was a comment made to a reporter in the evening times in 1998?

Google also showed this on an old thread here on FF:
Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland); 11/7/1998; McILWRAITH, GORDON
JOCK Stein and the Celtic board covered up allegations made against Boys' Club founder Jim Torbett,

Mr Birt said: "There was a lot of hearsay and it wasn't until Jim came back that I got involved because things started up again."

He told how he took the allegations against Torbett to the Celtic board and Stein and even told the then vice-chairman, Kevin Kelly, about them at a meeting in his car.
He said: "Although there were people who spoke to me I couldn't go to the police without actual proof of the allegations. When I joined as chairman, I was told by Jock Stein to keep the name of Celtic Football Club clean at all times."

Billy McNeil said, on oath in a court of law, "It was an open secret at Parkhead"

Unsure if this is in any relation to what anyone needs. Will edit/remove if unnecessary.

A quick Google search of this appears to suggest it was a comment made to a reporter in the evening times in 1998?

Google also showed this on an old thread here on FF:
Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland); 11/7/1998; McILWRAITH, GORDON
JOCK Stein and the Celtic board covered up allegations made against Boys' Club founder Jim Torbett,

Mr Birt said: "There was a lot of hearsay and it wasn't until Jim came back that I got involved because things started up again."

He told how he took the allegations against Torbett to the Celtic board and Stein and even told the then vice-chairman, Kevin Kelly, about them at a meeting in his car.
He said: "Although there were people who spoke to me I couldn't go to the police without actual proof of the allegations. When I joined as chairman, I was told by Jock Stein to keep the name of Celtic Football Club clean at all times."

Billy McNeil said, on oath in a court of law, "It was an open secret at Parkhead"

Unsure if this is in any relation to what anyone needs. Will edit/remove if unn

The Scottish government are at the moment making a big show about the protection,care and the rights of children and young adults in Scotland,They have completely ignored this whole scandal failed to confront the historic rape and abuse of young men by employees of Celtic football club and the consequent cover up by said club,It reeks of hypocrisy at best and complicity in the cover up at worse.

It’s why we have to continue mate. They’ve been let down so many times. Mainly by the charlatans in the Scottish government.
If only the victims were getting similar support from the so called professionals in Scotland as to what you guys at Spotlight are giving them. I really don't understand why serious questions are not being asked about these delays in the toytown parliament and in SMSM. Do they really believe it will go away if it is ignored? Parasites the lot of them.

If only the victims were getting similar support from the so called professionals in Scotland as to what you guys at Spotlight are giving them. I really don't understand why serious questions are not being asked about these delays in the toytown parliament and in SMSM. Do they really believe it will go away if it is ignored? Parasites the lot of them.
I totally understand.

The SNP would be finished if they opened the floodgates on the filth. It's why they constantly peddle their anti-catholic jackanory shite - their core vote is the catholic vote.

The positions in the media required for this kind of control was exactly what Karol ordered back in the 80s at Bellahouston - get yourselves into positions of power. They mobilised, and here we are.

Much like the RC church, to those in ScotGov and the SMSM, power and control is everything and everything else is secondary, including supporting movements of justice for child sex abuse victims.

It's beyond disgusting, beyond abhorrent. It's fùcking ghastly.

We’ve noticed quite a few new posters on this thread and the other thread. Thank you so much for taking the time in reading the content and getting involved in this.
Obviously it’s a big thread and some haven’t got the time to go through all of it. This is why we don’t mind repeating ourselves when asked questions.
We want people to see what we’ve been up against in the past few years. We’ve even been approached on the subject of writing a book.
Spotlight are not the story and never will be. We’re not interested in anything like that. Spotlight was set up to assist families and victims on their fight for justice.
Unfortunately on this journey we’ve came up against many apologists. So we got stronger and decided to take them on. We’ve also gained the trust of many people, but most importantly we’ve gained the trust of many survivors.
Our research has been used by many and will no doubt be used in the future.
Share our research far and wide is all we ask.

This whole sorry episode is totally self inflicted by CFC.

All the blame lies at their own front door for not dealing with this correctly and they had umpteen chances to do so but chose to cover up with lies ,deflect and even disgustingly deny any blame or liability by this seperate entity nonsense which has been proven by Spotlight to be a complete fallacy and downright disgusting attempt to escape any liability for their own boys club.

When P#1 was booted out the excuse of "pressure of work" was used in their own club magazine and im sure the snippett has been posted here a few times.

When P#2 was forced to resign in shame the exact same excuse of pressure of work was used to explain away his leaving.

As my wee granny used to say ....

You might not always catch a thief....but you always catch a liar!

Frank Cairney will now face trial in January.

Let's be blunt here. As despicable as this character undoubtedly is I don't believe he had the wits to dream up this continual stalling himself.
This is a device engineered by his defence and, I'd suggest, with the full complicity of the judicial system. Collectively they're taking the piss and it's designed purely to protect that vile entity in the East End.
This is no less than a full scale farce and an affront to everything that should be considered decent.
Scotlands judicial system is well and truly broken.
A bloody judge should be at his fucking door ordering the bastard to get himself to court, and issuing a court order to drag him there if he fails to fully co-operate.
Shame on Scotland.
FFS if you had a speeding charge and failed to turn up - repeatedly - the system wouldn't be long in nailing you.

Back