Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Never heard of a 24 year old who preys on young children? But it has nothing to do with a class action just shows how poor recruitment was for staff
Not sure I follow this - I replied to a post which clearly confused Torbett and Cairney.

Age would have excluded the former but not the latter.

The story changes from McNeill saying it at the trial to him saying it in the Sun or the Record or Evening Times.

I don’t think McNeill gave evidence at Torbett’s trial. If he had said it, there would have been much more press attention because he’d basically be throwing a few directors under the bus.

In contrast, not enough attention has been given to the Kellys who appear to have either lied under oath or had a serious case of amnesia.

I could be wrong but I think McNeil did give evidence and said big Jock knew, which the Sun printed.

'Open secret' comes from the Lou Macari autobiography iirc

Should that guy be naming and putting address up? Stinks of trying to jeopardise a trial that has been moved from yesterday to January.

Edit: just for the record, i'm not saying it didn't happen, just that theres better ways of going about it.
Good point Ek_blue: Could be a move to jeopardise proceedings ..... Hope not for the sake of the victims .

Some may notice on social media that certain apologists are claiming that a certain perpetrator wasn’t on the payroll. Ignore them is the best way forward. Spotlight has handed evidence to the correct people.

Its on record P#2 said in court he was paid £100 to run CBC.

Also in print Andy Ritchie agreeing with Burns on the sum of £100 to run CBC.

Who paid Andy Ritchie to run CBC ....Tommy Burns or CFC?

2 year old comment.

It's happening now. Just more cases keep gathering and the more cases the longer it will take ya nob
This is exactly the point.
If you'd asked people 10years ago would we see what is happening today, I'd have said no chance.
The team that have taken this on have done a superb job for the victims, their families & just every decent minded person out there.
Considering what they have been up against (as their apologists are everywhere in Scottish society) you have to give these guys credit where its due.
Whilst the civil case has still to start, I don't believe these criminal cases would have seen their day in court if it wasn't for the people out there that have decided to fight for all those victims who have been denied justice.
For me lack of social media ( at the time) allowed these animals to walk free amongst these boys but, the team fighting for the victims are for me doing a brilliant job via social media in getting the story out there & long may that continue

2 year old comment.

It's happening now. Just more cases keep gathering and the more cases the longer it will take ya nob

Ive followed this thread since page one and im trying really hard to be measured and respectful in my replies but that is just downright disgusting and it absolutely turns your stomach thinking of a child safety seminar being hosted at that paedo ridden bucket of shite of a club after all thats went on there.

Disgusting

And in all that time people knew and said nothing.
I was a whistleblower when I found out apprentices were getting bullied at my work . Physical bullying, nothing sexual, not that it makes it any less abhorrent.
I knew when I put my head above the parapet that it would be curtains for me.

It must have taken me all of 2 seconds to make up my mind that I had to speak up.
Now I know the cult of Catholicism was at play with the boys club scandal, but I don’t know how people can sleep at night after turning a blind eye to this.

Ive followed this thread since page one and im trying really hard to be measured and respectful in my replies but that is just downright disgusting and it absolutely turns your stomach thinking of a child safety seminar being hosted at that paedo ridden bucket of shite of a club after all thats went on there.

Disgusting
They’ve had friends in high places for too long.

Disgusting
It's commonly known as " hiding in plain sight ".

It's so impactful when you see it in a visual timeline like this. It's things like this that will help get the message to a broader audience, and help the world understand the scope of depravity that has gone on.

There must be numerous angles to this horrific story that could be represented in a similar 'visual' way. If the Spotlight team ever need it, i'd be happy to chip in my moderate graphic design skills.

I have followed this site for a long time as I love the the content as it keeps me up to date without having to read the daily record etc.

Can I say I have been dropping in and keeping up with the progress of this as it is abhorrent that this has happened to any person never mind young children regardless of religious background.

The work done by spotlight is fantastic and the support they are also providing to families where I am sure many had lost hope of justice is amazing.

I am sure we all want to help as much as possible so I thought about a few ideas about physical action we could take.

Demonstrations and marches with placards saying justice for the abused kids as we are not singling anyone out but gets the word out on the streets.

Speaking to other clubs not involved and have every football crowd running banners about this also so it is seen on TV and if someone is connected to clubs in england get them to do it for so it starts spreading the word down south.

Petition for the UK government to do a external review into these matters as the evidence show they appear to extend into england and abroad.

I know its a lot of work, but it all goes to adding the pressure to have this dealt with properly. Just some ideas so everyone can help nationwide that is all I mean no offence to what has already been achieved.

I have followed this site for a long time as I love the the content as it keeps me up to date without having to read the daily record etc.

Can I say I have been dropping in and keeping up with the progress of this as it is abhorrent that this has happened to any person never mind young children regardless of religious background.

The work done by spotlight is fantastic and the support they are also providing to families where I am sure many had lost hope of justice is amazing.

I am sure we all want to help as much as possible so I thought about a few ideas about physical action we could take.

Demonstrations and marches with placards saying justice for the abused kids as we are not singling anyone out but gets the word out on the streets.

Speaking to other clubs not involved and have every football crowd running banners about this also so it is seen on TV and if someone is connected to clubs in england get them to do it for so it starts spreading the word down south.

Petition for the UK government to do a external review into these matters as the evidence show they appear to extend into england and abroad.

I know its a lot of work, but it all goes to adding the pressure to have this dealt with properly. Just some ideas so everyone can help nationwide that is all I mean no offence to what has already been achieved.
Would love to make an appearance at The Scottish Government building when this Cop 26 is on or whereever else they are gonna be . Let the world know about this rancid clubs behaviour

I'm struggling to understand what Pat Nevins justification was, or his dad's.

Imagine you/we/anyone saying "yes, we knew he was abusing children, while I played for *** Boys Team in 'my town', but because my dad was there he didn't touch me!

Did we phone the police, or report him? No, because he didn't touch me because my dad was there."

Or, now, imagine yourself as a parent and you know 100% that the coach of your kids team is a paedophile. You wouldn't stay silent.

I was a whistleblower when I found out apprentices were getting bullied at my work . Physical bullying, nothing sexual, not that it makes it any less abhorrent.
I knew when I put my head above the parapet that it would be curtains for me.

It must have taken me all of 2 seconds to make up my mind that I had to speak up.
Now I know the cult of Catholicism was at play with the boys club scandal, but I don’t know how people can sleep at night after turning a blind eye to this.
And you never will unless you are raised in that environment, don't trouble yourself trying.

Back