Celtic Fan awarded £44K for hurt feelings

How come none of his coleagues made a claim for "mental harrasment" having to face tea breaks every day with a mug like that facing them,him and his drinking vessel.

Need to be careful I don't in any way identify people.

What I will say is that I have inside information on this from 2 different sources, and both are adamant that this guy wrote the grafitti on his own mug in order to get at other colleagues.
How was the spelling?

It was probably unprofessional of him to take a football mug to his work place, especially with the political baggage that the old firm carriers. People could get away with football mugs in England where there is less political baggage.

It is best that things to do with football, politics and religion are avoided in the work place as they can be inflammatory.

Quite a few mhanks I've worked with regularly tried to bring up inflammatory topics to try and provoke a reaction from people. Very unprofessional.

Reactions: VGM
I put it to you, that the ink was still wet because this thick mick didn’t wait for it to dry before crying about it to a colleague after writing it on the mug himself.

Farcical.

I put it to you, that the ink was still wet because this thick mick didn’t wait for it to dry before crying about it to a colleague after writing it on the mug himself.

Farcical.
That is very close to the version I have been told via one of his ex colleagues. Btw, I’m not sure why this story has surfaced again, it was covered over a month ago by the local paper in the link above and in the national press.

Celtic Fan awarded £44K for hurt feelings

Hopefully the link will work.
Celtic copper who got awarded £44K for being on the receiving end of banter.
If link doesnt work it can be found here https://www.ardrossanherald.com/new...d-sectarian-abuse-awarded-44k-police-damages/
I love it when they start using the hun patter at work.
I just reference them as bheasts…
They fuckin hate that.Factual and non sectarian.
In fairness there only a couple of mouthy ones and they quickly shut up .

That is very close to the version I have been told via one of his ex colleagues. Btw, I’m not sure why this story has surfaced again, it was covered over a month ago by the local paper in the link above and in the national press.
Even without the wet ink, anonymous letters in his mail slot, jacket pocket and graffiti on a Celtic mug? Give me fucking peace.

Some sneaky mentally challenged b@stard broke my King Billy mug at work years ago. Wish I knew then I could put in a wee claim

This is why "hate crime" laws are dangerous bullshit. They start out meaning well (and I'm skeptical the likes of Sturgeon and Humza Yousaf actually even 'mean well') but it creates all sorts of grey areas where incidents can be attributed to racial and religious animosity where the link is impossible to prove or non-existent.

It gives politicians an easy way to look like they are progressive warriors, speaking up for the oppressed, while they ignore more egregious cases of oppression or suffering which are complicated or uncomfortable to deal with. It becomes seen as impolite or hateful to cast doubt on the alleged victim, and so all kinds of narcissists, money grabbers and politicians are given free rein to manipulate situations to their attention-seeking, financial or political benefit.

This is not to say there are no crimes motivated by racial or religious hate. It's just that blanket legislation to try to address these issues is filled with problems and open to abuse, and this farce exposes that.

Wow. That opens a huge can of worms for similar cases. My feelings are hurt just by the sheer existence of Seperate Entity FC. Can I make a claim ?
Did anyone in particular get the blame of writing the remarks?

What's to stop you writing this sort of thing by yourself and then claiming it was one of your work colleagues?

Did anyone in particular get the blame of writing the remarks?

What's to stop you writing this sort of thing by yourself and then claiming it was one of your work colleagues?
Nothing, and you evidently get a handsome payout as long as you have your victim routine down to a tee.

Having that drilled into their brains from birth has it’s benefits.

The big wimp has probably never set foot in a Chapel in his life.

Hurt feelings must be a crime now, this judiciary system really is an utter joke.

Im short of a few quid these days, with heating and food bills out of control.

Im thinking if I buy a mug, take it to work and deface it, then write a few bad words on a bit of paper and stick it in my jacket, I could be quids in.....
Just need to buy a black "inky" !

A few points to ponder.
This fellow’s employer, the Civil Nuclear Constabulary (CNC), will be the source of any payment. CNC are, as far as EDF Energy nuclear power stations are concerned, funded by EDF Energy, so eventually the money comes from our electricity bills.

This guy is an authorised firearms police officer who as part of his daily work carries a Heckler & Koch G36 rifle, a Glock 17 pistol, a Taser, CS spray and a couple of hundred rounds of extra ammunition, is a warrant card carrying member of a police force tasked with guarding a nuclear power station and if necessary tackling any armed attack on that installation and yet supposedly gets upset by some alleged (by him but his police colleagues seemingly couldn’t prove a case) slights toward him that commenced about 13 years after he started the job.

Hunterston B where he works is in the defuelling stage which will last about another 3 years. Once done there will be no or very much limited need for CNC. What likelihood is there that he will offered a substantial payoff to leave or get the pick of where he wants to transfer to, perhaps as an inspector?

Why did he have a separate entity fc mug at work anyway, if he knew the work culture was so toxic?

This just seems to be about making money.

Two points here:

1) They state he was targeted on religious grounds. Could it have been he’s just a dick and nobody likes him?

2) Is it appropriate to have a Celtic mug in the workplace? Could it be part of the problem and he is actually making enemies of his own doing.
Point 2 reminds me of the female cop at Govan cop shop that was victimised and I think demoted when she refused to eat a piece of a Celt*c cake that had been brought I to the workplace.

I think I can say with certainty that the poor Sgt was not "harassed because of his religion", he was simply a fud in the workplace who couldn't take the OF banter that goes on.

So this mans job is to act in the event of a terrorist attack on a nuclear power station.....and this upsets him?

The guy was bullied to such an extent that he remained in that job & location for a total of 13yrs before there were any incidents that he felt worthy of reporting.

I’ll guess that there was some pretty raw “banter” flying both ways for years until this individual decided to report it.

This is another example of why it’s just not worth engaging with Celtic fans in discussion about football or the dreaded “banter” that they are happy to play along with until deciding to throw their toys out of the pram one day.

Gabriel McKay, the guy who hoped the ira blew up the Queen?
In most other countries he would likely have lost his job for wishing a terrorist murder on someone.

hunk

But if thats the wedge you get for this trivial nonsense then the payouts for REAL abuse are going to be massive.

In fact this should be used as an example and x 100 should be the minimum

Point 2 reminds me of the female cop at Govan cop shop that was victimised and I think demoted when she refused to eat a piece of a Celt*c cake that had been brought I to the workplace.

I remember that incident. Absolutely mental carry on. Being branded " sectarian " for not wanting anything to do with Celtc.

Back