Celtic Fan awarded £44K for hurt feelings

As it’s January and the credit card has taken a pounding over Xmas I think I’ll write to wee Nicola and her Scottish Justice Minister and claim compensation as I saw a work colleague with a Sellik Mug.

As far as I can see there was no direct attack on the guy , and the evidence mentioned was directed at the Pope. Does this mean when the breed sing " Lizzys in a box " and the rest of their song sheets can we get compensation because with some, feelings would be hurt..? Looks like the judges feelings were hurt too.

and the question is, where does the £44K come from?
If he was signed off sick for mental health reasons for a couple of months due to this, ehm, trauma then it'll be compensating him for the difference between his normal salary and any statutory sick pay he'd have received. Plus recompense for those hurt feelings

I love it when they start using the hun patter at work.
I just reference them as bheasts…
They fuckin hate that.Factual and non sectarian.
In fairness there only a couple of mouthy ones and they quickly shut up .
Rheptiles always touches a nerve. My personal moniker for them. Everytime I speak with Bears I always mention rheptiles and love when they overhear it. A good few have bitten which is always enjoyable.

Thing is should he have had the mug in first place my place of work we know who is so but any regalia either way isn't allowed which reality is should be the rule.

Will there be compensation paid to the victims of sex abuse over a considerable time from Scum FC.

A precedant appears to have been set.

AptNegativeEquine-max-1mb.gif

ive-got-hurt-feelings-feelings.gif

I was called a "Hun" at a work's Christmas Party in 2019.

Can I sue?
I was also referred to as a Hun by a C*ltic fan at work a number of years ago, in front of witnesses......wish I'd have gone down that route now !! (Only Joking !).

I actually just pointed out to this prick that would he be happy if I referred to him as a f*nian ?! That basically put him back in his box, the bigoted cvnt.

Is the guy really a copper? That will put some bad yins minds at ease if he turns up during a break in or whatever. Call the guy a name, he runs off crying in one direction, the reprobates go the other way laden down with swag from their nefarious deeds.

Luvvlly jubbly or whatever the present phrase used by the criminal underclass is.

Wow. That opens a huge can of worms for similar cases. My feelings are hurt just by the sheer existence of Seperate Entity FC. Can I make a claim ?
That was always going to be the outcome, he was playing the long game.
To pick up £44,000.
Now that was definitely worth it.

Need to be careful I don't in any way identify people.

What I will say is that I have inside information on this from 2 different sources, and both are adamant that this guy wrote the grafitti on his own mug in order to get at other colleagues.

I have the same info from someone inside also. He also arrived way early for his shift that day.

I have the same info from someone inside also. He also arrived way early for his shift that day.
Exactly what I have been told. This came from a guy that has no interest in football and has no axe to grind with anybody.

In all seriousness this is an absolute disgrace, a f ucking outrage,
this should be followed up.
And I'd say the same if it was reversed.
We, tax paying honest workers, have had forty odd thousand quid taken from us plus a year's wage form this complete f ucking Nancy boy arsehole.
How can he possibly do the job required when he's on the sick for a year because someone wrote on his f ucking mug. F uck me.
We really should be revolting against this complete nonsense.
Honestly something should be done.

Where does it end?

Two points here:

1) They state he was targeted on religious grounds. Could it have been he’s just a dick and nobody likes him?

2) Is it appropriate to have a Celtic mug in the workplace? Could it be part of the problem and he is actually making enemies of his own doing.
Guy in IT where I work had one , they only work 9 - 5 , I work early / night / back. So went round on night shift with a permanent Sharpie marker pen and wrote 'BJK' on the base so every time he took a drink from it everyone could see 'BJK'.
It disappeared shortly after and has never been replaced.
Childish , of course it was !
:))

I'm sure he's been involved in workplace banter but yet again goes to show that they are offended by everything and ashamed of nothing.

Where did the £44k come from?

Work with a couple of Tims. Been called hun multiple times, crossing themselves at me to get a rise and other comments about us being scum etc.

You just laugh it off and try not to take it personally (granted can be a pain in the arse if we’re not playing well). Comes with the territory if you’re open about supporting either side IMO.

The point here is, if the shoe was on the other foot we would maybe not like it but laugh it off as banter but they become faux offended report it and take it all the way pretending it's affecting their mental health etc.

£14k for Injury to feelings? Fucking hell!!

Sets a dangerous precedent, and this surely sets it for folk to sue colleagues and employers for sectarian abuse.

It goes on daily in workplaces up and down the west of Scotland. Every single day someone gets abused by one side or the other and it’s part of life, so for this guy to be awarded £44k for what is essentially workplace banter is pretty shocking to be honest.

Not good at all. Maybe we could all sue for each time we get called a hun at work or an orange bastard, because I know for damn sure that myself and colleagues get called it and we’ve to accept is as banter because “that’s what yous are, so it’s normal and it’s not offensive”…

I've messaged my mate to see what he knows about this. He's a Killie fan who works in there but dislikes the Old Firm in equal measure, so he'll tell it exactly how it is.

I've messaged my mate to see what he knows about this. He's a Killie fan who works in there but dislikes the Old Firm in equal measure, so he'll tell it exactly how it is.

I suspect you'll hear the same like myself and others have already said!

Two points here:

1) They state he was targeted on religious grounds. Could it have been he’s just a dick and nobody likes him?

2) Is it appropriate to have a Celtic mug in the workplace? Could it be part of the problem and he is actually making enemies of his own doing.

Definitely not.

However my cup, bobble hat and sash seem to cause quite the stir.

Guy in IT where I work had one , they only work 9 - 5 , I work early / night / back. So went round on night shift with a permanent Sharpie marker pen and wrote 'BJK' on the base so every time he took a drink from it everyone could see 'BJK'.
It disappeared shortly after and has never been replaced.
Childish , of course it was !
:))
Like it very clever and funny

Back