Celtic fans unhappy with £52 ticket price for Ibrox

Firstly, I never actually said I attended OF games in the 80s.

You're also using language that's deliberately disingenuous - I never said anything about "forcing" and "interference."

There's a lot of things going on that has contributed to excessively high tickets in British football. In the aftermath of the Taylor Report and the mostly unknown "Blueprint for the Future of English Football" - which laid down, in black and white, the desire for football to move towards a middle class audience (a nature consequence of the free market: the average age of the football fan in England is something like 53, an effect of which is dull and stagnant atmospheres), football began a wave of unprecedented gentrification that was facilitated by the lack of action, or devious actions of, several institutions. For instance, National Express is one of the sponsors of the FA Cup, a tournament where the final is held at an hour where fans are unable to get the last train home from - so they need to get buses instead.

I'm talking generally about the rise in ticket prices and I'm aware that I'm not providing specific examples of this in Scotland, so let's look at how a working class fan is treated here, and let's take the actual travel to a game. The general lack of affordable rail travel for games is confounded by television companies, football bodies and the police colluding to dictate awkward and last-minute fixture re-arrangements. There are so special concessions for rail travel to football games as there used to be (though it has been mooted under Labour), automatically making the experience of travel to games expensive in a way it isn't in Germany or (I think) Portugal.

Incidentally, I take it you approve of the rise in train ticket prices in the name of the free market?

Then you have the cost of an actual ticket - and this statistic will really shock you. 1 in 10 Scottish football fans thinks a ticket represents good value for money. 1 in 10. Let that sink in. And then ask yourself - why are these people still buying tickets when it's not value? Why are we one of the better attended leagues in all of the world when there is wide disdain for ticket prices? Seriously, really think about that.

The Scottish government and football bodies are mostly uninterested in challenging ticket prices because I imagine Holyrood would be happier knowing there's a more middle class consumer out there (don't want those crass working class fans causing chaos again) and the SPFL because they get a slice of the pie. I also don't recall Rangers seriously challenging ticket prices in Scotland because they're in a position where they can afford to charge our own fans extra for games and reap the benefits of it: take the Killie SC replay match: Rangers didn't protest at 27 quid ticket prices because in the event of a replay they had to charge the same price - and did, to much dismay amongst a support who can recognise when something does not reflect value but which they're willing to look past because it involves the thing they lost most in the world.
Firstly, you quoted the ticket prices from the 1980s, allow me to offer my most sincere apology that I mistakenly took that as a statement that you had attended the games.

I am not using language that is deliberately disingenuous. You have stated as fact that there is collusion to keep football tickets and associated costs high. It matters not whether I used the words 'forced' or 'interfered' as that is exactly what you have implied.

I like that you've quizzed me on the train fare rises as you've acknowledged in one post that they are across the board but also that they are set to target football fans.
It can't be both now can it?
As an aside, I do not agree with the rises.
The supply demonstrably fails to meet the demand so that's easily dismissed.
Why they would be of consequence to football fans requires some explanation as you've also stated that games are deliberately started at times when fans can't travel by train so they use buses.
You'll have to explain this bit to me, none of it makes sense.

The recent baseball game in London and the last gig I attended both finished later than the last trains.
Looks like it's not football fans being targeted again, looks like these things happen to people nationwide on a daily basis.
Oddly enough these were both events that cost more than a football ticket so again not direct at the lower classes.

As for Rangers not arguing against a £27 ticket at Kilmarnock. I hate to keep repeating myself but it's their home fixture.
You state as fact that Rangers simply accepted the price but it just so happens to be the exact price of a league game.
So either Kilmarnock wanted that price or it couldn't be agreed so reverts to league pricing.
The idea of Rangers going along with it so they could charge the same for a replay is the type of gibberish I'd expect from mentally ill phil and his band of sevcoholics.

I'm amazed you've gone this far when it's abundantly clear that the price of this match ticket is completely in line with major events, sporting or otherwise.

It's not theft, robbery, collusion or trying to keep out the poor.
It's 2019. Big events cost money.

I’m done with you. Any Rangers fan who wants other Rangers fans kicked out of our own stadium in order to accommodate more filth shouldn’t even be allowed anywhere near Ibrox, let alone the crime scene.
Didn't say locked/kicked out ....however am sure we could relocate them .

But when it comes in then that's it I guess

If by that pointing out a few truths and questioning a few fairytales then am a big huge dick[/QUOTE
I'd say the revelling in it, makes you come across as a dick. We all have varying opinions on FF, and don't always agree but it's not worth falling out over. Leave that to the mentally challengeds.

Didn't say locked/kicked out ....however am sure we could relocate them .

But when it comes in then that's it I guess
By adding 1500-1700 mentally challengeds to Ibrox, that's at least those numbers of Bears not getting a ticket.

Sounds like your ticket to the piggery is more important than those Bears who won't get to attend Ibrox.

The impact to their performances at Ibrox has been obvious to everyone I've disucssed it with, except you it seems.

Firstly, you quoted the ticket prices from the 1980s, allow me to offer my most sincere apology that I mistakenly took that as a statement that you had attended the games.

I am not using language that is deliberately disingenuous. You have stated as fact that there is collusion to keep football tickets and associated costs high. It matters not whether I used the words 'forced' or 'interfered' as that is exactly what you have implied.

I like that you've quizzed me on the train fare rises as you've acknowledged in one post that they are across the board but also that they are set to target football fans.
It can't be both now can it?
As an aside, I do not agree with the rises.
The supply demonstrably fails to meet the demand so that's easily dismissed.
Why they would be of consequence to football fans requires some explanation as you've also stated that games are deliberately started at times when fans can't travel by train so they use buses.
You'll have to explain this bit to me, none of it makes sense.

The recent baseball game in London and the last gig I attended both finished later than the last trains.
Looks like it's not football fans being targeted again, looks like these things happen to people nationwide on a daily basis.
Oddly enough these were both events that cost more than a football ticket so again not direct at the lower classes.

As for Rangers not arguing against a £27 ticket at Kilmarnock. I hate to keep repeating myself but it's their home fixture.
You state as fact that Rangers simply accepted the price but it just so happens to be the exact price of a league game.
So either Kilmarnock wanted that price or it couldn't be agreed so reverts to league pricing.
The idea of Rangers going along with it so they could charge the same for a replay is the type of gibberish I'd expect from mentally ill phil and his band of sevcoholics.

I'm amazed you've gone this far when it's abundantly clear that the price of this match ticket is completely in line with major events, sporting or otherwise.

It's not theft, robbery, collusion or trying to keep out the poor.
It's 2019. Big events cost money.

To be fair, it's not uncommon to see you wildly misinterpreting my posts and then backtracking: I think the last time we spoke on here you were hitting out with some nonsense about me suggesting that you'd said that referees cost us the league when I'd said no such thing, and I do remember you had no reply. So it's fine, I'm used to it.

For the sake of simplicity and agreement, let's acknowledge that there is a culture whereby TV companies, police, associated footballing bodies, clubs and the government make the match-going experience more difficult and less streamlined than it should be. If you read pretty much any thread on here before an awkwardly timed or hastily re-arranged away game you'd see that. And in any case, it doesn't really matter if you disagree, since surveys conducted with fans across Scotland reveal widespread disdain for the match-going experience with fingers pointed towards a number of institutions.

It can't be both, no, which is why I used the word "confounded."

Train travel and football tickets offer a far closer comparison than between football games and concerts. I think something like 4 million people use the trains everyday, and in the spirit of the free market, are forced to pay the high costs the privatised companies dictate because they have no other option. Fares have risen at double the rates of wages and since it's their railway companies, they can charge whatever they want - and while you may not agree with it being applied towards railway fares, you do approve of its application in other ways. Fair enough.

I also used the example of the FA Cup final and National Express as an example of collusion on a specific event, but you knew that already. And as a seasoned baseball fan myself, I know full well that the Yankees/Red Sox game was the first MLB game to be played in Britain and probably will be the only one this year, its rarity being the source of the high ticket prices and problematic travel arrangements. But you seem to think it's okay for Sky to make fans travel hundreds of miles for a match that finishes after the last train. I get it. Look at the use of the word I referred to earlier - "routinely."

I also get it that you don't think football tickets should be affordable and you support the idea of teams charging Rangers fans whatever they want. Say that over to yourself. Say it over again. Text your best mate and ask if he agrees. Ask the people you sit next to at Ibrox. Hell, start a poll. Now, if we get Arsenal in the Europa League, will you come on here and calmly explain to 5000 Rangers fans why it's totally acceptable for Arsenal to charge our fans 100 euros to attend a 90 minute football match? Because I bet you don't.

By adding 1500-1700 mentally challengeds to Ibrox, that's at least those numbers of Bears not getting a ticket.

Sounds like your ticket to the piggery is more important than those Bears who won't get to attend Ibrox.

The impact to their performances at Ibrox has been obvious to everyone I've disucssed it with, except you it seems.
You really need to look at it from a away following point of view ... Plus there is no reason why bears should get locked out .....we have legia coming in a week and we are moving bears to accommodate them

However unsure of precise away allocation for them .

To be fair, it's not uncommon to see you wildly misinterpreting my posts and then backtracking: I think the last time we spoke on here you were hitting out with some nonsense about me suggesting that you'd said that referees cost us the league when I'd said no such thing, and I do remember you had no reply. So it's fine, I'm used to it.

For the sake of simplicity and agreement, let's acknowledge that there is a culture whereby TV companies, police, associated footballing bodies, clubs and the government make the match-going experience more difficult and less streamlined than it should be. If you read pretty much any thread on here before an awkwardly timed or hastily re-arranged away game you'd see that. And in any case, it doesn't really matter if you disagree, since surveys conducted with fans across Scotland reveal widespread disdain for the match-going experience with fingers pointed towards a number of institutions.

It can't be both, no, which is why I used the word "confounded."

Train travel and football tickets offer a far closer comparison than between football games and concerts. I think something like 4 million people use the trains everyday, and in the spirit of the free market, are forced to pay the high costs the privatised companies dictate because they have no other option. Fares have risen at double the rates of wages and since it's their railway companies, they can charge whatever they want - and while you may not agree with it being applied towards railway fares, you do approve of its application in other ways. Fair enough.

I also used the example of the FA Cup final and National Express as an example of collusion on a specific event, but you knew that already. And as a seasoned baseball fan myself, I know full well that the Yankees/Red Sox game was the first MLB game to be played in Britain and probably will be the only one this year, its rarity being the source of the high ticket prices and problematic travel arrangements. But you seem to think it's okay for Sky to make fans travel hundreds of miles for a match that finishes after the last train. I get it. Look at the use of the word I referred to earlier - "routinely."

I also get it that you don't think football tickets should be affordable and you support the idea of teams charging Rangers fans whatever they want. Say that over to yourself. Say it over again. Text your best mate and ask if he agrees. Ask the people you sit next to at Ibrox. Hell, start a poll. Now, if we get Arsenal in the Europa League, will you come on here and calmly explain to 5000 Rangers fans why it's totally acceptable for Arsenal to charge our fans 100 euros to attend a 90 minute football match? Because I bet you don't.
It's easy to say I've wildly misinterpreted your posts, hell I can say the same to you.
It means nothing without actually backing it up though.
I've answered pretty much every point and replied to each post you have directed at me, so the idea of me disappearing without reply is fanciful at best.

It's hilarious that a seasoned baseball fan such as yourself thinks that the Yankees/RedSox game is the only one in Britain this year. I'll give you a clue, it was a 2 game series.
Also you would also be aware that the games (plural) were played at London Stadium, you know the very ground that West Ham play football matches in so will suffer the same travel issues with night games. It's funny that you wilfully acknowledge the rarity of the event, along with concerts but still reject the uniqueness of the OF game. For someone who loves Rangers and risks his life in ramshackle huts to watch them away from Ibrox, I find that utterly bemusing.

For a guy who wants to play cry baby about being wildly misinterpreted, you post an amount of fiction here that JK Rowling would appreciate.
I have said all along that clubs have the right to charge as they see fit.
I have said all along that fans will pay what they see fit.
I have said that prices for major events are priced on the size of event, venue and demand.
For reasons known only inside your head, you seem to think that means I'm saying Rangers fans should be charged £200 a game.
Never once have I said, far less implied that football shouldn't be affordable or that fans should be charged silly prices.
I have always said it is dictated by it's market.

Oh and if we do draw Arsenal, I'll happily be back here to explain that it's their stadium and their pricing just incase there are more like you who just don't get it.

I hope this counts as a reply, I'd hate to think I was letting you down.

It's easy to say I've wildly misinterpreted your posts, hell I can say the same to you.
It means nothing without actually backing it up though.
I've answered pretty much every point and replied to each post you have directed at me, so the idea of me disappearing without reply is fanciful at best.

It's hilarious that a seasoned baseball fan such as yourself thinks that the Yankees/RedSox game is the only one in Britain this year. I'll give you a clue, it was a 2 game series.
Also you would also be aware that the games (plural) were played at London Stadium, you know the very ground that West Ham play football matches in so will suffer the same travel issues with night games. It's funny that you wilfully acknowledge the rarity of the event, along with concerts but still reject the uniqueness of the OF game. For someone who loves Rangers and risks his life in ramshackle huts to watch them away from Ibrox, I find that utterly bemusing.

For a guy who wants to play cry baby about being wildly misinterpreted, you post an amount of fiction here that JK Rowling would appreciate.
I have said all along that clubs have the right to charge as they see fit.
I have said all along that fans will pay what they see fit.
I have said that prices for major events are priced on the size of event, venue and demand.
For reasons known only inside your head, you seem to think that means I'm saying Rangers fans should be charged £200 a game.
Never once have I said, far less implied that football shouldn't be affordable or that fans should be charged silly prices.
I have always said it is dictated by it's market.

Oh and if we do draw Arsenal, I'll happily be back here to explain that it's their stadium and their pricing just incase there are more like you who just don't get it.

I hope this counts as a reply, I'd hate to think I was letting you down.

I mean, wow, you've actually done it again. I never said anywhere that you would disappear, only that you'd done it before because you'd made such a hash of understanding my previous post in a different thread that there was nothing you could reply to.

Are you really getting pedantic about it being a two game series and my post suggesting that it was actually only one? Seriously? Mate, I had tickets for both and had to sell them because it clashed with holiday plans. Christ. :rolleyes:

West Ham should never have moved to a stadium that couldn't ensure the match-going experience was trouble-free, and while they've got over some original teething problems, approval ratings for the new ground are still very low. The same issues with travel are an almost weekly occurrence for those fans, and many football fans across the country: I endure waiting forever to get out of the Hydro because I'm there once or twice a year, not on some occasions once or twice a week. The Old Firm game is obviously a unique occasion in at least one definition of the word (distinctiveness rather than regularity) and as a result I think should be priced in such a way to allow access for a wide variety of fans. You don't. Fair enough. You're in support of a pricing structure that limits families, students, younger fans and pensioners. Good for you.

I don't think I've ever suggested that you haven't said that any of your next free points. In your defence of the free market we've established that there's a fundamental difference in opinion in how ticket prices should be allocated, but that you fundamentally support the idea of football clubs charging fans whatever the hell they want, knowing that fans will sell it out regardless. I find that idea immoral, crass, exploitative and ultimately very, very atypical of how people in this country view the global expansion of a sport that has systematically turned its back on its working class roots and local traditions. It's what David Goldblatt calls "shameless rent-seeking by effective monopolies over people’s football affections." And while I've never said that you think Rangers fans should be charged 200 quid a game, or that football shouldn't be affordable, you support a system that makes this much, much more difficult. It's a view you're entitled to have - and one in which I imagine you're desperately, sadly, pathetically alone in possessing.

No, the concert price tickets comparison isn't valid. The excessively high ticket prices that football fans pay is part of a consistent institutionalised exploitation of the working class that involves collusion by transport companies, the government, television, the police and football bodies. Football clubs can play upwards of three games a match. Paul McCartney visits Glasgow once every ten years.

I have less of a problem giving Rangers my money than I do other clubs who charge our fans significantly more because they know they can get away with it. Clubs in Scotland take advantage of, and will continue to take advantage of, Rangers fans' unwavering loyalty for their team. We would continue to sell out away allocations if all the tickets cost 50 quid. Under the auspices of the free market, you seem to think that this is a fit and proper way to allocate prices to tickets - work out how much you can get away with charging, and then charge it. I'd be really interesting to know what you'd think of the potential prices of some potential Europa League away games this season - I suppose it's okay charging Rangers fans 90, 100 euros for a match at the Emirates because we'd sell out the allocation? In fact, what did you think of St Joe's charging our fans considerably more for our game than they did their preliminary game? We're the big box office draw, we'd pay a lot more and not question it - totally fair, right?

We may have "accepted" a rise to season ticket prices, but surely Rangers have an obligation to charge as much as they can to sell out the stadium? Surely they could rise season ticket prices by 20, 30 percent and still sell out season tickets?

If you think that it's fair for a football team to charge a group of working class supporters 200 quid for a ticket - who would continue to sell to sell it out regardless of price, you don't have a grounding on how financial difficulty it is for some fans to go to the football, and somewhere in there something about fans blindly, loyally and unthinkingly paying these prices because of the love for their team.
Working class? are you Citizen Smith? People have choices, choose yours

I mean, wow, you've actually done it again. I never said anywhere that you would disappear, only that you'd done it before because you'd made such a hash of understanding my previous post in a different thread that there was nothing you could reply to.

Are you really getting pedantic about it being a two game series and my post suggesting that it was actually only one? Seriously? Mate, I had tickets for both and had to sell them because it clashed with holiday plans. Christ. :rolleyes:

West Ham should never have moved to a stadium that couldn't ensure the match-going experience was trouble-free, and while they've got over some original teething problems, approval ratings for the new ground are still very low. The same issues with travel are an almost weekly occurrence for those fans, and many football fans across the country: I endure waiting forever to get out of the Hydro because I'm there once or twice a year, not on some occasions once or twice a week. The Old Firm game is obviously a unique occasion in at least one definition of the word (distinctiveness rather than regularity) and as a result I think should be priced in such a way to allow access for a wide variety of fans. You don't. Fair enough. You're in support of a pricing structure that limits families, students, younger fans and pensioners. Good for you.

I don't think I've ever suggested that you haven't said that any of your next free points. In your defence of the free market we've established that there's a fundamental difference in opinion in how ticket prices should be allocated, but that you fundamentally support the idea of football clubs charging fans whatever the hell they want, knowing that fans will sell it out regardless. I find that idea immoral, crass, exploitative and ultimately very, very atypical of how people in this country view the global expansion of a sport that has systematically turned its back on its working class roots and local traditions. It's what David Goldblatt calls "shameless rent-seeking by effective monopolies over people’s football affections." And while I've never said that you think Rangers fans should be charged 200 quid a game, or that football shouldn't be affordable, you support a system that makes this much, much more difficult. It's a view you're entitled to have - and one in which I imagine you're desperately, sadly, pathetically alone in possessing.
He is not alone in thinking the more money we can give Rangers the better for the Club.
You go on about working Class constantly, can I ask in what kind of background you grew up in and what you work as?

He is not alone in thinking the more money we can give Rangers the better for the Club.
You go on about working Class constantly, can I ask in what kind of background you grew up in and what you work as?

Literally no one would disagree with that idea.

I go on about the working class because it's the socioeconomic group from which Rangers draw the majority of their support. High ticket prices make it more difficult for fans to attend games, and for the games that they do go, it has more of an effect on their finances. I believe that football should be affordable, open and accessible to all people, regardless of economic background.

I'd describe myself as working class but it's an almost entirely irrelevant question.

Literally no one would disagree with that idea.

I go on about the working class because it's the socioeconomic group from which Rangers draw the majority of their support. High ticket prices make it more difficult for fans to attend games, and for the games that they do go, it has more of an effect on their finances. I believe that football should be affordable, open and accessible to all people, regardless of economic background.

I'd describe myself as working class but it's an almost entirely irrelevant question.
It's not irrelevant, because I think you are bordering on middle class pretending you care
So give us your proper background and type of job you do ....Please

It's not irrelevant, because I think you are bordering on middle class pretending you care
So give us your proper background and type of job you do ....Please

What makes you think I'm bordering on middle class, and why would I pretend that I care by arguing on an internet forum at half one in the morning?

I'm a teacher.

What makes you think I'm bordering on middle class, and why would I pretend that I care by arguing on an internet forum at half one in the morning?

I'm a teacher.
Thought you worked in a job paid by the taxpayer, I was a School Board Chairperson for a few years and listen to what teachers thought, for that reason, I am out

See there you go again, telling me what I think when you are so desperately wrong.
Again, to be completely clear, football ticket prices are at the mercy of the clubs, the clubs are at the mercy of supporters budgets though so your assertion that I'm saying every game should be priced at hundreds of pounds and will sell out anyway is another fantasy that exists solely in your mind.

Football is priced to appeal to it's market, there's a reason for that and it's so people can actually afford to go.
If the games were priced at £200 then stands would be empty, for someone who purports to be of a high level of intelligence, this point seems to evade you.
If the prices are too high, as you repeatedly claim, then we wouldn't sell out every game.
We do though, and could easily sell more.

We've mentioned the English League which we all know has higher ticket prices than ours, yet still we don't see empty stands.
Either these are fans putting themselves in financial difficulty or they can afford to go.
I'd say the numbers in attendance would point to the latter.
We all love our clubs but I don't know anyone who would put a match ticket before paying the bills.

You've claimed government, transport and tv company collusion. Suggested Rangers and the filth are acting together to fleece fans.
Accused clubs of exploitation and even hinted that Rangers didn't attempt to negotiate with Kilmarnock so we could be charged £27 in the event of a replay.

And yet as a Rangers fan, you still won't accept that us hosting one of the biggest fixtures in world football should be priced for the event that it is.

I'll tell you what, you can claim your cyber victory and try using it for forum points somewhere down the line.

I'm done with your conspiratorial nonsense.

See there you go again, telling me what I think when you are so desperately wrong.
Again, to be completely clear, football ticket prices are at the mercy of the clubs, the clubs are at the mercy of supporters budgets though so your assertion that I'm saying every game should be priced at hundreds of pounds and will sell out anyway is another fantasy that exists solely in your mind.

Football is priced to appeal to it's market, there's a reason for that and it's so people can actually afford to go.
If the games were priced at £200 then stands would be empty, for someone who purports to be of a high level of intelligence, this point seems to evade you.
If the prices are too high, as you repeatedly claim, then we wouldn't sell out every game.

We've mentioned the English League which we all know has higher ticket prices than ours, yet still we don't see empty stands.
Either these are fans putting themselves in financial difficulty or they can afford to go.
We all love our clubs but I don't know anyone who would put a match ticket before paying the bills.

You've claimed government, transport and tv company collusion. Suggested Rangers and the filth are acting together to fleece fans.
Accused clubs of exploitation and even hinted that Rangers didn't attempt to negotiate with Kilmarnock so we could be charged £27 in the event of a replay.

And yet as a Rangers fan, you still won't accept that us hosting one of the biggest fixtures in world football should be priced for the event that it is.

I'll tell you what, you can claim your cyber victory and try using it for forum points somewhere down the line.

I'm done with your conspiratorial nonsense.
He is a teacher FFS

Desperately wrong about what, exactly? Kinda hard to know when you don't actually refer to a specific section.

I've acknowledged throughout that football ticket prices are at the mercy of the clubs and I do not think this is fair. You have stated that clubs setting their own extortionate prices for tickets is morally acceptable. I disagree. I don't think clubs take supporters budgets into account when they charge away fans for tickets other than to work out how high they can charge tickets and still sell out the allocation.

so your assertion that I'm saying every game should (have put this in bold myself) be priced at hundreds of pounds and will sell out anyway is another fantasy that exists solely in your mind.

Sigh. Let's revisit a section from the previous post: And while I've never said that you think Rangers fans should be charged 200 quid a game, or that football shouldn't be affordable, you support a system that makes this much, much more difficult. Fans continue to sell out away sections for games where they are charged considerably over the odds, with Liverpool and United fans having to shell out considerably more for away European games than other teams and still taking over a full complement of fans. Not 200 quids worth, mind, but I reckon Old Firm fans in the away section would comfortably pay that to watch their team.

The focus for this conversation has centred on away games.

I've also never declared to be of intelligence on here or anywhere else on this thread. Thanks for noticing, though.

There's that stuff about loyalty and an acknowledged recognition amongst the support that we're not getting value for money yet continue to attend.

Nope, it's just meant a different kind of fan going to games. Lots of stuff on the make-up of the average English fan nowadays. Middle class, middle aged and male. Has led to stifling atmospheres in lots of EPL grounds. Alluded to it earlier. Check out David Goldblatt's stuff.

Suggested Rangers and the filth are acting together to fleece fans.

Yep. Still believe this.

Accused clubs of exploitation

Christ, that's an absolute given. You'd struggle to find a Rangers fan who'd disagree with that.

and even hinted that Rangers didn't attempt to negotiate with Kilmarnock so we could be charged £27 in the event of a replay.

Nope. Said that Rangers should have condemned the high ticket prices.

And because of its magnitude, be priced in such a way that makes it accessible for lots of people. Fundamental difference in opinion in how should get to go to games, here, which is actually fair enough: I like the away support to be made up of students, children, pensioners, etc. You support an economic model that makes that difficult. Your call, man.

Never claimed a victory, mate. Only stated that you'll find people that share this immoral opinion in very short supply. Let's hope UEFA's mooted price cap on away tickets comes in before we're back in the Champions' League, eh? ;)

@ChiefWahoo, why you even trying to get someone to see sense who works in a Profession that wants to see poorer families punished for taking their kids on holiday at a time they can afford it?
I dealt with this sort of mindset for years.
When I was a kid, teachers were respected because they took the time to try and educate all the children in their care.
When I joined the School Board, I had the utmost respect for Teachers, I was soon disillusioned
In my personal experience, they only care about themselves, their promotion prospects, and their Pensions.
They have poorly paid Classroom Assistant that they never cared about and these people who had to fight for years to get their pay rise they were due, only at the end of the dispute did teachers even speak about it.
Try to get one of them to take out of school activities, good luck with that.
Socialist's my arse. One of them told me at a PTA meeting that they were the most important Profession in the UK and without them, no one would be educated, I replied that without Plumbers for water and Sanitation and Electricians for power and heating, School's couldn't function.
She sat there in silence.
I could give you loads of instances of their self-importance.
As I said, this was my personal appearance and I am not suggesting they are all the same.

How can you possibly relocate them, there aren't enough seats. Stop pretending you care about these fans, you only care about funding Celtic with your presence
So we automatically forget we are there to support the away team .....

See this where you fail Robert you claim to only care about getting the fans to Ibrox but fail to realise the passion and commitment of the away following ( unless it was beneficial to you of course)

Hope the Tim's get it , it will do us good too

So we automatically forget we are there to support the away team .....

See this where you fail Robert you claim to only care about getting the fans to Ibrox but fail to realise the passion and commitment of the away following ( unless it was beneficial to you of course)

Hope the Tim's get it , it will do us good too
I have no idea your age but I have been going to Ibrox for over 50 years, have had a SB/ST since 1971 so I do not need anyone to tell me about the Passion of the Rangers Support.
I hope we never give Celtic any more tickets than the corner.
The only people that think different are the selfish individual like yourself that care about funding this rancid Club.
Can you explain what you believe would be 'beneficial' to me?
Ps I have friends in Hospitality who offer me tickets to all of the difficult away fixtures which are hard to get tickets for. I always refuse them on the grounds that I would be stopping a fan that goes to most away games.

Rangers need a strong backing at the away fixture
Don't be ridiculous, these are Professional footballers that are there to do a job.
One of our best ever victories away from home was achieved with only a handful of fans.
We went 13 years without a League victory at Parkhead and we had 30000 fans there

I have no idea your age but I have been going to Ibrox for over 50 years, have had a SB/ST since 1971 so I do not need anyone to tell me about the Passion of the Rangers Support.
I hope we never give Celtic any more tickets than the corner.
The only people that think different are the selfish individual like yourself that care about funding this rancid Club.
Can you explain what you believe would be 'beneficial' to me?
Ps I have friends in Hospitality who offer me tickets to all of the difficult away fixtures which are hard to get tickets for. I always refuse them on the grounds that I would be stopping a fan that goes to most away games.

Do you genuinely believe that any Rangers fan who goes to Parkhead (or any other away fixture for that matter) will go with that train of thought? If you do, then I'd say that is a crazy notion.

As for the hospitality offer........after what appeared to be you pushing some guy over 'class' is a bit of a 'look, look I've got friends in high places' weird boast!

Do you genuinely believe that any Rangers fan who goes to Parkhead (or any other away fixture for that matter) will go with that train of thought? If you do, then I'd say that is a crazy notion.

As for the hospitality offer........after what appeared to be you pushing some guy over 'class' is a bit of a 'look, look I've got friends in high places' weird boast!
It certainly never crosses my mind when heading to away games. I’m there to support Rangers.

It certainly never crosses my mind when heading to away games. I’m there to support Rangers.

Exactly. The whole notion that anyone who is entering Parkhead, Pittodrie or Almondvale is thinking "Phew, glad I bought the ticket, that's another £X into a rival". It would never cross anyone's mind.

But for the sake of putting a point across this nonsense is actually spouted. :rolleyes:

Exactly. The whole notion that anyone who is entering Parkhead, Pittodrie or Almondvale is thinking "Phew, glad I bought the ticket, that's another £X into a rival". It would never cross anyone's mind.

But for the sake of putting a point across this nonsense is actually spouted. :rolleyes:
The same notion that the majority of Rangers fans wouldn’t go to the Piggery, it’s absolute nonsense. 99/100 if allocated one would go

The same notion that the majority of Rangers fans wouldn’t go to the Piggery, it’s absolute nonsense. 99/100 if allocated one would go

The fact that our allocation is always sold out and sought after backs up your theory.

Personally I haven't been since 2009/2010 season, but would never slate/talk nonsense over anyone who does want to go there to support our team at any opportunity.

It's a couple of months ago now, but I was talking to someone, might even have been a yahoo in work and he said, Johnny Hayes?, took 1300 pounds off a guy for two tickets for the game at Ibrox last December. Thirteen hundred sovs for two comps.

He even said when the yahoo handed over an envelope with the cash inside before the match, Hayes was starting to count it in front of him.

Quite unbelievable if true. Although a fleeced and ultimately fecked off yahoo is a happy thing.

My friends are all self made and have known them since we all worked on various jobs for Companies. not one of them go on about themselves as 'working class' because they have always been working class.
I'll ask you, Would you rather have a chance? of a ticket for Parkhead or let 7000 extra Rangers fans in The Broomloan

Got loads of Friends in low places as well

Back