Celtic fans unhappy with £52 ticket price for Ibrox

Celtic have released ticketing arrangements for supporters ahead of the first derby clash of the season against Rangers .

The Hoops make the trip across Glasgow to face their arch rivals in the Premiership on Sunday, September 1.

And, following last year's slashing of away allocations from both sides, just over 800 Celtic fans will be in Ibrox for the eagerly-anticipated match.

However, Hoops' fans have hit out at the cost of the briefs which have shot up from £49 last season to £52 this time round

Fortunately they are above statements. If they weren't i'm sure they would be astonished and responding robustly.

£52 to see a Scottish league match is an absolute disgrace
£52 is a bargain, our manager has a world class name is football, defoe is in the top 10 goal scorers in the English premier league. our other striker is one of the top goal scorers in europa league. we have many players who have experience in English league and international duty. You get what you pay for, if you want to maintain this high standard of players at the club unfortunately someone’s got to pay for it, if you don’t want to pay the £52 to watch one of the best derby’s in football just sell your ticket am sure some other bear will pay that for it.

Filth aside £52 bucks in the SPL is outrageous.
£52 is a bargain, our manager has a world class name is football, defoe is in the top 10 goal scorers in the English premier league. our other striker is one of the top goal scorers in europa league. we have many players who have experience in English league and international duty. You get what you pay for, if you want to maintain this high standard of players at the club unfortunately someone’s got to pay for it, if you don’t want to pay the £52 to watch one of the best derby’s in football just sell your ticket am sure some other bear will pay that for it.

Calm down ffs, in general £52 for the SPL is shocking, End of.

What a lot of pish :))

This really is an example of Rangers and Celtic teaming up for a mutually financially beneficial outcome. They're milking the loyalty of their fans.

LIke two old, firm friends indeed.

It’s a joke of a price to be fair and people will moan when it comes to us to pay it in December.
Agree...
Remember when we last played them in Scottish cup at Ibrox it was £44...
They’ll now charge the same

This really is an example of Rangers and Celtic teaming up for a mutually financially beneficial outcome. They're milking the loyalty of their fans.

LIke two old, firm friends indeed.

How does the ticket price compare to any other big derby in world football?

I saw an article in the sun,stating the scum are beaming the game back to their scumhut.
Why is this allowed,thought the league games couldn't be beamed back ?....being the case,we should beam every away game back to Ibrox and refuse tickets from them all an kill them off.

It's just to their hospitality, like we do with bar 72.

How does the ticket price compare to any other big derby in world football?

Absolutely no idea, but the anticipated similarities doesn't make it any less unacceptable.

However, I do know away tickets in the EPL are capped at thirty quid.

Last edited:
Absolutely no idea, but the anticipated similarities doesn't make it any less unacceptable.
It's a high demand event, same as any big derby, concert or festival.
It's cheaper than Westlife at the Hydro was!

We have one of the biggest games in world football and it is priced as such.
I did try to find figures for other games, but most require memberships, registration or simply buying from touts/resale sites.
The only price I could quote was Cat.3 El Clasico in the Camp Nou is €750, this was the cheapest readily available ticket on Barcas own site.

I don't believe for a second that this is Rangers colluding with them to fleece our fans.
I think for all that Scottish football is pretty pish, we've got one major selling point and it is sold as one.

Prelude to them not coming ,the ticket price being the "reason".
Truth is they can't handle Ibrox now .

Disability stops me from attending the games these days.

If you don’t want to pay £52 for a ticket, don’t bloomin’ pay it. Just stop greetin’ about the price of a ticket, because there’s some (like me) who would pay and arm and a leg to be able to go, no matter the price.

Personally, I think it is reasonable when you compare Golf, Tennis,F1 or any Concert.
We had loads on here paying £75 to go and see Kevin Bridges.
I have always had the opinion ' if you don't think it's Good Value'
Don't go.
Baseball in London recently was £65 for the worst seats in the stadium.

£52 is cheap compared to events anywhere for any sport or even music event. This is just another moan to change subjects. Buy a ticket or dont simple as that or just help pay the victims of your sordid club...or keep ignoring it whatever floats your boat

Out of interest, how many German games have you been to?

It’s a bit of a myth that German football is cheap. Tickets in the standing areas are generally cheap but tickets in the seated areas are expensive.

I pay about €33/35 a game to watch Hamburg in the second tier and that’s at the lower end of their pricing outwith the standing section.
This is true. Standing behind the goals is cheap. Sitting near the half way line on a nice seat ain’t.

I'm working on the logic that people who post inane drivel like 'charge them £200' don't go to games otherwise they'd realise we'd pay exactly the same for the reverse fixture. People are happy to swallow a £25 increase over the course of a season. £52 for a Scottish football fixture is excessive.

I went for £500 in a deliberately inane drivel manner. It was clearly whimsical. :D

On your point about us being charged the same, I take that point. I stopped going to the PaedoBowl many years ago on ideological grounds. So, my views on this matter are subject to that provision.

That said, anybody who doesn’t want to pay that amount for a restricted view in their tainted hovel, a midden reeking of the odour of lost innocence, doesn’t have to.

Nobody is forcing the squealing Timpanzees to pay £ 52. I resent these scum even tainting our stadium with their toxic presence.

It's a high demand event, same as any big derby, concert or festival.
It's cheaper than Westlife at the Hydro was!

We have one of the biggest games in world football and it is priced as such.
I did try to find figures for other games, but most require memberships, registration or simply buying from touts/resale sites.
The only price I could quote was Cat.3 El Clasico in the Camp Nou is €750, this was the cheapest readily available ticket on Barcas own site.

I don't believe for a second that this is Rangers colluding with them to fleece our fans.
I think for all that Scottish football is pretty pish, we've got one major selling point and it is sold as one.

It was also a high demand event when it cost about three quid in 1986, fifteen quid in 1996 and 33 quid in 2007. Over the space of thirty years that represents an inflation bursting 1633%; for twenty years 246% and 57% for ten years.

Clearly, Rangers and Celtic aren't alone in setting ticket prices that vastly outstrip inflation but they've certainly ridden the crest of a wave that has set out to routinely rob, take advantage of and pilfer money from working class men who are so in love with their football club that they'd pay any price to watch them.

Fortunately, fans in England have been proactive in fighting these obscenely high ticket prices and as of 2017 away games are capped at 30 quid, regardless of opposition. So a fan attending Liverpool/Man Utd, Arsenal/Tottenham or Chelsea/City can expect to pay 40% less for a far superior product.

Assigning ticket prices in line with the significance of the event is what allows Arsenal to charge Bayern Munich fans 100 euros for a Champions' League match, or Sevilla charging United fans 89 quid, or Roma charging Liverpool 73 quid for a semi final. It's what allows UEFA the opportunity to sell "Fans First" tickets at 89 euros (as if that's an acceptable price at all) and then stagger them at 295, 595 and 945 euros.

Comparing football and concert prices isn't fair, either. Football is, by its very nature, an all consuming, constant pastime. Football fans can attend upwards of three matches a week. People attend concerts far less frequently and as a result they can't be considered analogous - especially when concerts are longer and guaranteed to be entertaining!

I probably wouldn't go as far as suggesting that this fleecing but it's folly to suggest that these aren't mutually beneficial ticket prices for both clubs.

Ultimately, both teams draw their biggest support from working class men in the West of Scotland. Both have a duty to keep ticket prices affordable, fair and transparent. In this occasion, that isn't happening.

Last edited:
It was also a high demand event when it cost about three quid in 1986, fifteen quid in 1996 and 33 quid in 2007. Over the space of thirty years that represents an inflation bursting 1633%; for twenty years 246% and 57% for ten years.

Clearly, Rangers and Celtic aren't alone in setting ticket prices that vastly outstrip inflation but they've certainly ridden the crest of a wave that has set out to routinely rob, take advantage of and pilfer money from working class men who are so in love with their football club that they'd pay any price to watch them.

Fortunately, fans in England have been proactive in fighting these obscenely high ticket prices and as of 2017 away games are capped at 30 quid, regardless of opposition. So a fan attending Liverpool/Man Utd, Arsenal/Tottenham or Chelsea/City can expect to pay 40% less for a far superior product.

Assigning ticket prices in line with the significance of the event is what allows Arsenal to charge Bayern Munich fans 100 euros for a Champions' League match, or Sevilla charging United fans 89 quid, or Roma charging Liverpool 73 quid for a semi final. It's what allows UEFA the opportunity to sell "Fans First" tickets at 89 euros (as if that's an acceptable price at all) and then stagger them at 295, 595 and 945 euros.

Comparing football and concert prices isn't fair, either. Football is, by its very nature, an all consuming, constant pastime. Football fans can attend upwards of three matches a week. People attend concerts far less frequently and as a result they can't be considered analogous - especially when concerts are longer and guaranteed to be entertaining!

I probably wouldn't go as far as suggesting that this fleecing but it's folly to suggest that these aren't mutually beneficial ticket prices for both clubs.

Ultimately, both teams draw their biggest support from working class men in the West of Scotland. Both have a duty to keep ticket prices affordable, fair and transparent. In this occasion, that isn't happening.
Actually, you can judge it against concerts. both of them are freedom of choices. What are the price of ST for these Clubs you mention?
How much TV money do they get ?
Do you go for a night out bassed on price or value?
I went to see McCartney, no way was it worth the price punters paid, but they went.
If you don't think it's value, do not go

Actually, you can judge it against concerts. both of them are freedom of choices. What are the price of ST for these Clubs you mention?
How much TV money do they get ?
Do you go for a night out based on price or value?
I went to see McCartney, no way was it worth the price punters paid, but they went.
If you don't think it's value, do not go

Nowhere in your post you have acknowledged the unique business/fan relationship that exists in football. Football fans are on the whole willing to put up with excessively high ticket prices because of an undying loyalty for their club that barely needs to be acknowledged here. For goodness sake, there are fans on this very forum who are going to Poland this week on a day trip that is costing them FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS. And I tell you what, I bet not one of them thinks that's value for money - but they love Rangers so much that they'll willing to look beyond the price involved (as I'm sure we've all done) to follow the club that they love so much. Two years ago I paid 400 quid to spend a few hours in Luxembourg, and at absolutely no point did I think that I was getting value for money, but I'd have paid double to see our return to European football.

Nowhere in your post you have acknowledged the unique business/fan relationship that exists in football. Football fans are on the whole willing to put up with excessively high ticket prices because of an undying loyalty for their club that barely needs to be acknowledged here. For goodness sake, there are fans on this very forum who are going to Poland this week on a day trip that is costing them FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS. And I tell you what, I bet not one of them thinks that's value for money - but they love Rangers so much that they'll willing to look beyond the price involved (as I'm sure we've all done) to follow the club that they love so much.
As said, freedom of choice, only give my money to Rangers except on a very few occasions

You wouldn't go as far as to suggest it's fleecing fans?
Yet you say they'll routinely rob, take advantage and pilfer?

That's quite a leap there.

Robbery and pilfering are both references to theft which of course couldn't be further from the truth.
There's a game on, it's £52 a ticket. You buy one or you don't. Nobody is being robbed or pilfered, it's a free market and there is a match ticket in exchange for your money.

Also it is perfectly fair to compare concerts.
I wanted to see ELO but the 90 quid ticket was above what I'd pay so I left it.
Slipknot play Glasgow next year, I'd pay £90 for that if that's the ticket price. It's a gig I really don't want to miss.

It's not about injustice and playing on emotions, it's how sales work.
It wouldn't sell out at ELO prices of £90, so guess what? It's not £90 a ticket.
It will sell out at £52, so that's what the price is.

Back